• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

VS screens show playstation buttons for the rage arts, so that was my assumption, yeah.
Oh, ok

That particular PS4 version doesn't have Bob, probably doesn't mean anything

Will there be any game modes or features that allow for easily conducting tournaments, or even online tournaments?

No comment.

We learned from the Microsoft store page that Tekken 7 will allow up to 8 players in online multiplayer. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 had up to 6. Why 8 in Tekken 7, as some have expressed this would make for long waiting times. And does this somehow tie into the eSports side of things?

Can’t comment.

Kid Kazuya was revealed during gamescom. Will we be able to play as him during that portion of the story? We know that Heihachi ultimately throws him off of the cliff.

No comment
R7SICzI.gif

http://tekkengamer.com/exclusive-interview-michael-murray-tekken-7-developer-bandai-namco/

Will there be a way to see the name of the person you’re potentially playing online before accepting the match? This would be very helpful for several reasons.

I will take this into consideration.

Dear god, please no. Worst suggestion ever.

Games like DoA or Persona do that and it means that if you ever beat someone you can watch them duck you forever. Hell, some games even show win rates before accepting a ranked match, and then you can enjoy getting ducked by everyone all day if you perform even slightly above average.

Reason to decline a match should only be a shitty connection.

Why don't we have a 'no wifi' search criterion yet? Seriously.

GrayFoxPL

What does all of this mean for my Josie? Recovery frames by 4 and 4F for once. Pushback?

If recovery frames are increased it takes longer for character to "act" after doing the move. If decreased he/she can act earlier.

You want your moves to recover faster.

It's not what the clip is about, but at the end it looks like FC df3+4 staggers on block :(

https://twitter.com/DarkPartyWolf/status/776267602012274688

Wow Kaz Rageart go buffed. Thanks Harada.

Pachimari

If recovery frames are increased it takes longer for character to "act" after doing the move. If decreased he/she can act earlier.

You want your moves to recover faster.

Thanks. This makes sense.

So when do you guys think we'll get that sweet new trailer? On the 18th? Although they said they don't have much new for TGS.

sasuke_91

Yoooo Hwo's b+3 hits grounded and flips them over. That's a no-brainer against grounded opponents.

Good games SquirrelSoup. Semolus is a solid player, but he was playing weird teams. Reminds me that I know nothing about half the roster Oo

Honestly, Tekken is a nerd's game :p

ggs Sasuke. Sorry for not seeing your invite, i just left it on while doing other stuff so i totally missed it.

Man, ranked was frustrating me to no end today. Haven't entirely succeeded in telling myself it's just practice, stay calm, the numbers mean nothing, the content means so much more than the results.. <sigh>

GrayFoxPL

ggs Sasuke. Sorry for not seeing your invite, i just left it on while doing other stuff so i totally missed it.

Man, ranked was frustrating me to no end today. Haven't entirely succeeded in telling myself it's just practice, stay calm, the numbers mean nothing, the content means so much more than the results.. <sigh>

Dude in Kof ranked I have like 80 losses and 20 wins. I stopped giving a shit and just roll with it because almost everything is in slomo, my combos I practiced for many hours in training don't work since the tempo online is so slow you got to input everything equally slow. I find it entertaining when my opponents do these combos in slow motion. It's funny to look at. Like:

Hard Punch................wait...........wait.......wait...............f+Light Punch................wait........

Ghahah. I'm laughing but it's sad. I have to get back to Tekken soon. KOF online is driving me crazy.

Sayah

Jeez Louise, this game looks so good.

We can remove the headgear from Master Raven:

Looks way better without the headgear.

That was actually a pretty great interview. Michael Murray is pretty awesome. But about this part:

What has been the biggest challenge so far in developing Tekken 7?

Managing community expectations. (laughs) Tekken has always been in the arcade first, so fans have always had the frustration of waiting for the game to come to consoles, but I think the level of frustration this time is higher than usual.

Tekken has always been an arcade game but two whole years was never a standard wait time in the past. Only Tekken 6 did that, and now Tekken 7. So it's not unusual people are annoyed.

Rheon

The font of the main menu was changed from the previous E3 console build; I think I preferred it before.

And it seems like the kanji in the logo is being dropped for the western release. I wonder what prompted that decision.

GrayFoxPL

The font of the main menu was changed from the previous E3 console build; I think I preferred it before.

And it seems like the kanji in the logo is being dropped for the western release. I wonder what prompted that decision.

Tekken logo without kanji?

That's a crime.

The kanji is missing on the posters either side as well and that looks like its about the Japanese release it seems, I can't read Japanese so purely hypothetical

sasuke_91

Someone's gonna get neeerfed~

The Kanji is the best thing about the Tekken logo. It would be a shame if they dropped it for western release. Preorder cancelled.

Doomshine

They confirmed it a while ago, right?

I remember them talking about it, but not confirming it.

It's interesting that they brought the multiple BT 3+4s back, it does look like something that might get nerfed, especially at the wall.

Her lows become pretty dangerous when she has rage too, a lot of them combo into her RD or RA.

Also RIP Madridista, he's in the mass grave after the Maximilian thread.

GrayFoxPL

I remember them talking about it, but not confirming it.

It's interesting that they brought the multiple BT 3+4s back, it does look like something that might get nerfed, especially at the wall.

Her lows become pretty dangerous when she has rage too, a lot of them combo into her RD or RA.

Also RIP Madridista, he's in the mass grave after the Maximilian thread.

They better not fuck me over with legacy controllers.

What happened in that thread? Gotta find it.

I need that art.

Yeah, Hwoarang and Steve >.o

I don't think that Master Raven combo is all that outlandish compared to what other characters can do with counterhit + rage + wall + floor break, honestly.

But in general i'm much happier she seems to get better combos off some common stuff. I've seen a few decent to good combos off qcf+2 and CH 4 (instead of 4,1!) , which is great. (Though some looked pretty situational)

But i think i saw someone hopkick a blocked db+4. Uh oh.

Rajang

No Time Attack or Survival? lol

DLC "Classic Mode Pack" ;P

Seriously though, will those modes be even implemented?

I know the game isn't final yet but not having those classic modes will really suck imo. I want Ghost Battle especially, its one of my favorite modes. I put an incredible amount of hours in DR/T6 with ghost battle. And other classic modes like Team Battle, Survival, Time Attack are all going to be missing now? Tekken has always been known for their beefy content. I hope they don't change that now. And what happened to modes such as Tekken Ball or Tekken Bowl? I liked that goofy stuff. Offline modes are very important for people who are not very competitive. There needs to be some meat to the game than just arcade mode or story mode.

And what do you guys think those two ??? modes will be. I'm guessing one is Fight Lab, I remember Michael Murray hinting at it being in the game. And the other maybe VR for PS4 version? Or hopefully it will be OFFLINE MODE like in TTT2 and feature all those classic modes we know from previous Tekken games.

GrayFoxPL

I'd love if we'd get some new twists on old modes, like that money mode in psp version of Tekken 6.

Something you can jump straight in without billion half hour loadings.

Even Tekken Force would be cool if simplified to T3 level, just not that T6 scenario shit.

Loved Bowling and Ball. I don't expect anything like that in T7 though.

I think they'll put a card game or mini rpg like from T6 scenario but without any story.

Playsage

The Heihachi in the Main Menu is just a still shot, right?
It looks really cool, though, It would have been extremely badass if it was an animation of Heihachi adjusting his wrist with his lighting aura illuminating his "I'mgonnafuckyouup" face when selecting an option

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
It looks really cool, though, It would have been extremely badass if it was an animation of Heihachi adjusting his wrist with his lighting aura illuminating his "I'mgonnafuckyouup" face when selecting an option

That would be so dope.

Sayah

That would be very cool.

Mizerman

I'll be disappointed if that doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom