• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

siwau2O.gif

Spuck-uk

Banned
...fffffuck

.....yay???

In my experience, the JP Noir Cab HD setups for Tag 2 have awful sticks. Quarter circles are a nightmare with a square gate (for Tekken anyway). Hell, the hearsay around shoryuken is that some of the Korean pros used to the Green Arcade fanta airbags don't have nice things to say about their version of the Crown 307 used for T7.

After buying the last Madcatz KE in existence (might as well be, given how hard the damn thing was to find, FFS) with a Crown 303 K-stick - QCs are way smoother, movement is smoother, the thing clicks like a rubber mechanical keyboard, stick travel distance is way smaller. It feels so good!

Yet... diagonals are hard to find (and still have a large travel distance vs a simple dpad), combos on big buttons are a finger fumbler, and defending is a toss up ("oh you thought your were holding back? Nah bro, it was back down, sorry.") Plus... no shortcuts.

...But I wanna play it... I'm willing to take the punishment... for reasons...

Quarter circles with a square gate are a piece of cake though..

Quarter circles with a square gate are a piece of cake though..

Not on those Namco Noir cabs, man. I can't do any of Leo's QC's consistently, the travel zone is so huge and the edges of the gate don't actually line up with the diagonals.

Now The Vewlixes and rs2006s with all the 2d games, yes, I agree. I can get consistent QCs is SF, TvC, and Persona.

I hope the proprietor isn't just going to gut the TTT2U cabinets and put T7 boards inside. I have a suspicion that that's what they may have done with the gunslinger stratos 3 games, given how beat up and touchy the guns are.

Apparently T7 is going to be at Firstlook festival in Utrecht in two weeks. But Namco won't be there, instead Asus is just going to have the PC version shown. Probably no tourney either.

Hmmm.

AAK

There had better be a long road of optimization in store for this. Holy hell..

It is normal in development for Load times to be long in development... but 65 seconds is pretty scary. For reference, Dead or Alive 5's E3 build before release also had much longer load times, approximately 25 seconds. And on release the game took like maximum 5 seconds to load a match. But I guess Team Ninja are just wizards with technology to make it work so fast on a machine as ancient as the PS3.

It's games like these where having an SSD will be a massive relief for load times.

SF5 has some ungodly loading times too, but i don't know if it ever hits 65 seconds <.<

But i definitely trust Bamco to make a technically sound title.

GrayFoxPL

The router has to sync to the player sitting next to him, obviously.

Ground doesn't break.

There had better be a long road of optimization in store for this. Holy hell..

I think "optimization" is a word that rarely exist in modern dev's dictionary.

When was the last time we had optimized Tekken? T5? DR?

T6 had lower resolution and insane load times without install that ironically are close to real Arcade T7 load times.

Tag2 wont even run without install. Online has barebone backgrounds because they strain cpu too much.

Tag1HD is a poor quality port from PS2.

T7FR doesn't even look optimized on arcades. Or maybe it is but with what cuts? Physical sparks were dialed from 10 in alpha to minus 3 in FR. Motion blur probably dials game back to 40fps. Dead backgrounds. No snow or water physics. No dirt on characters. Effects old engine could pull off are absent on UE4. This engine's performance looks iffy on Tekken.

And now PS4 version looks so poor.

I miss 6 second load times.

AAK

Over half a year? Even later then March 22nd?

We're all joking about T7 release date but nobody wants to wait to like half of 2017 for FR.

Pick your poison, play an unoptimized game with ridiculous load times, broken/untested netcode, and flat graphical features in early 2017. Or wait a few months more and have a more polished final product.

GrayFoxPL

Pick your poison, play an unoptimized game with ridiculous load times, broken/untested netcode, and flat graphical features in early 2017. Or wait a few months more and have a more polished final product.

It won't be fixed in just few months. No matter when in comes out. In few months you can bugtest and try to make this thing not fall apart on launch. It's probably what is happening now. I doubt they're trying to make the game look on par with the arcade at this time. I'll gladly eat a crow if it's otherwise.

Took years to go from Vanilla to FR. Ridiculous load times kept as a standard. They might as well keep their promise and release it early 2017 for us.

The only real netcode testing is when the game comes out. Or at least beta. That would be good for that purpose. No dev managed to simulate world wide different online configs for connections pre release or pre beta. I'm happy if FR runs on Tag2 netcode.

It is said over and over that the game in arcades is not finished even now. We might as well join the beta run now instead of waiting to 2019 or whenever they think it's done.

I'm not getting any younger or stronger. My muscles keep getting weaker and time is not on my side. I don't know if I will have any strength left to play T7 when it finally comes out.

So yeah they better release T7 sooner then later. It's not like this game is not long fucking overdue. It's ridiculous that we should be grateful they're gonna release a functional product after we were waiting for so fucking long.

Too long!

If FFXV is anything to go by then you can do a lot in a few months in terms of optimisation. T6 was the way it is because of the fucked up architecture the ps3 had plus T7 is using UE4. Plus QA is working concurrently and its part of optimisation.

I just used half a years a hypothetical metric since they said early 2017 and March is till Q1

GrayFoxPL

If FFXV is anything to go by then you can do a lot in a few months in terms of optimisation. T6 was the way it is because of the fucked up architecture the ps3 had plus T7 is using UE4. Plus QA is working concurrently and its part of optimisation.

I just used half a years a hypothetical metric since they said early 2017 and March is till Q1

T6 was the way it was because they had to deal with 360 hardware at the same time as working on PS3 port. Every arcade Tekken runs Playstation+ type hardware. If 360 didn't took most of the port work, PS3 version of Tekken 6 would be pretty much arcade perfect(like always), and it'd come out much sooner.

I still think dropping their old engines in favor of UE4 was a mistake. I can only imagine how crazy T6/Tag2 engines would look upgraded 5 or 6 times.

Edit: Maybe like this.

Gouy03q.jpg

T6 was the way it was because they had to deal with 360 hardware at the same time as working on PS3 port. Every arcade Tekken runs Playstation+ type hardware. If 360 didn't took most of the port work, PS3 version of Tekken 6 would be pretty much arcade perfect(like always), and it'd come out much sooner.

I still think dropping their old engines in favor of UE4 was a mistake. I can only imagine how crazy T6/Tag2 engines would look upgraded 5 or 6 times.

Sorry, yea you are right.

I thought they had a perfectly good engine but I guess they wanted to have a unified base to work from since both the ps4 and xbone are both running on PC architecture, and Harada said in an interview that it made making a PC port pretty effortless in comparison to trying to get their old engine to work on PC.

GrayFoxPL

Sorry, yea you are right.

I thought they had a perfectly good engine but I guess they wanted to have a unified base to work from since both the ps4 and xbone are both running on PC architecture, and Harada said in an interview that it made making a PC port pretty effortless in comparison to trying to get their old engine to work on PC.

Yeah, they did.

In terms of development unity thanks to UE4 I see PC port looking insane, not so much anything else. ;)

I imagine few years ago Harada was at some hardware con and:

"What is this new shiny thing?!"

"That's Unreal Engine 4"

"Oooohhhhhh!"

Back in office:

"Gentlemen drop the shitty old engine for T7 right now."

"Why? It's almost done!"

"Hush. Uncle Harada has brought you something fresh!"

"What?"

"Taa-daa! UE4! This is the future! You won't believe how shiny this thing is!"

"But we don't know shit how to work with this."

"Just make it shiny! Kuso!"

Later Tekken 7 Vanilla releases with game having shiny skin, cloths, hair, even shiny wood floor. ;)

GrayFoxPL

Wonder if PS4Pro and XboneScorpio versions will be any better

The latest CD Projekt announcement where they basically said they don't have time for this shit was kinda a bucket of cold water for many. Gamers thought devs gonna be jumping on Pro and Scorpio like horny rabbits and enhancing every game on the market.

Nah.

What's the best is that some people thought the games would automatically "scale" to better hardware.

Sony and MS will have to start dealing serious cash to devs for "enhanced" versions. Then I could see Namco jumping on this.

Numb

The latest CD Projekt announcement where they basically said they don't have time for this shit was kinda a bucket of cold water for many. Gamers thought devs gonna be jumping on Pro and Scorpio like horny rabbits and enhancing every game on the market.

Nah.

What's the best is that some people thought the games would automatically "scale" to better hardware.

Sony and MS will have to start dealing serious cash to devs for "enhanced" versions. Then I could see Namco jumping on this.

If there is parity between both systems they probably won't ask for buffs
They never care bout the PC looks
Was hoping for Namco to do it from the goodness of their hear-
nvm

AllenShrz

I'm getting both versions, I need my Tekken 7 on 4k with no downgrades but I also want to play with Japanese players on ps4. PC gaming here is sooooo small.

Rajang

Apparently T7 is going to be at Firstlook festival in Utrecht in two weeks. But Namco won't be there, instead Asus is just going to have the PC version shown. Probably no tourney either.

Hmmm.

Hmm.. tickets are like &#8364;17.50.

Namco only popped out the PS4 version not too long ago, give them time. 4-6 months is ample time for optimization.

Its September right? Yeah I thought so.....

Exactly, the PS4 version is nowhere near final.

Yeah it looks shitty right now, but I highly doubt it will look like that on release.

Hmm.. tickets are like &#8364;17.50.

Yeah, that's not too bad. The train is 40 euro though. ~.~

The tekkenzone guy said he'd ask about version/setups/controllers and such so that might be good to keep an eye on.

----
Watching this Master Raven arcade footage makes me feel better about dropping double knee combos. Eeeeeveryone misses double knee combos occasionally.

Playsage

Nah.

CDProjekt's guys don't have time for that shit because they have already released all their planned content for a 2015 game that already sold like hot cakes, so a they don't feel obliged to give a Pro patch to it.

Tekken 7 on console will end up looking better than that.
If not...
fuck them hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom