• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, got my 1pm pools at Wizard World Austin tomorrow. I played the game at both Evos the past 2 years as Claudio. All I know how to do is poke with B+4,2 and F+3, and try to super armor with B+1+2, while using Db + 3 as my low and throw in some hopkicks. That got me to right before losers finals of my pool at the last Evo but from the casuals today, I can tell the talent is much more distilled. I really need to look up shit for this character haha.

The Chicago scene streams T7 on Fridays at twitch.tv/unmaker9. If u want to see mid level play with no commentary check it out. We're playing now.

Dereck

Welp, got my 1pm pools at Wizard World Austin tomorrow. I played the game at both Evos the past 2 years as Claudio. All I know how to do is poke with B+4,2 and F+3, and try to super armor with B+1+2, while using Db + 3 as my low and throw in some hopkicks. That got me to right before losers finals of my pool at the last Evo but from the casuals today, I can tell the talent is much more distilled. I really need to look up shit for this character haha.
Do you know what time the game will be open for casuals?

Menome

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/779203268907900928

Third version like Tag2 with console exclusive characters?

latest

Believe.

Dereck

You guys know at the big tournaments for Tekken 7, earlier in the arcade version's life cycle you had like 250 entrants with 200 people being newbies who just want to play the game and the other 50 people being decent players? Well at this Wizard World just based on what I saw it seemed like there were 50 people with 35/50 being good players. It was stacked.

One incredible thing about these kinds of tournaments is how the best players aren't dicks at all to you as long as you approach them with respect. I met many of my favorite players face to face and I got to play casuals with Kenji, Kodee and JustFrameJames, I got video of that match and Rip watched it and complimented me. I didn't let it get to my head I just lived in the moment and it was funny. I kept my composure and just stayed relaxed, everyone there had a similar relaxed vibe, it was cool as hell man.

I had to bounce after I lost because I have to do a lot of driving and I needed to sleep, but next time when I have more time I'll stay at tournaments longer.

The version they had was version B which is the last version before Bob. The game lagging in person was kind of disappointing, I remember Kenji missing a whiff punish against Kodee because it lagged right after Kodee whiffed and then Kenji made an audible sigh when the game lagged.

Bryan is so fucking good in Tekken 7 I feel like I was getting so many counter hit launchers through minimal effort. I was getting 2 counter hit launchers a game, so many that I didn't even know what combo to do after them so I just remained motionless. The combination of the PS4 pad's dpad tearing up my thump and the moving through oatmeal like movement in FR took me down a few pegs, I actually ended up whiffing stuff because I thought I had dashed in enough but I was few dashes too shy from making contact with my opponent.

By the end of the tournament I was able to land one full Bryan combo and wall carry, even though most of the time I ended up misjudging the wall distance and getting a wall carry but missing a wall combo.

Here's the bottomline though, I think I may have to stop binding buttons, because I can't say how many times I tried to break a 1+2 throw with R1. I missed tons of combos with Bryan because I messed up the 1+2 input, his "+" attacks are very valuable and it's a mess trying to beat someone without those inputs. The point is that if I can play with binding buttons I won't have to worry about the button layout at all. I know Tekken will be out to where I will be able to edit the button layout but I'd figure if I want to keep competing, why not learn it the basic way but pressing two buttons at once.

I think what I disliked about Final Round is that there were a million people and a lot of people were in the room at once so it was hard trying to talk to individual players, I still did it, but I feel like the smaller amount of people made it easier for me to talk to players and introduce myself or whatever. Like for example I didn't approach Princess Ling at Final Round because he was constantly talking to people, but I was able to easily approach him today because I was in a less crowded and more relaxed environment. I approached him and asked "Hey, are you Pling?" and he said yeah, the guy next to him was like "I had no idea he was Pling."

YGiTRbs.png

Yea, I'm having a good time at Wizard World too. I'm not good but I got to try Akuma for the first time today. Everyone has been nice and in casuals when I just sit down and play, people are willing to help you. I didn't even know I was playing casuals with Princess Ling until I saw him go up on stream. I'm going to go again tomorrow since Min told me that it will be casuals all day.

Nice. Almost went myself, even had vacation time reserved, but last minute job training came up for a promotion that I couldn't miss. I finish today though, so I'm half a mind to show up during free play tomorrow and check it out. Hmm.

Be weird getting back into the tourney scene tho. I don't know anyone now. All the old vets I knew like EP, JOP, Crow, DevilJim etc retired.

Edit--
pTqY2gK.jpg

luygBoom!

joeblow

Already on it. With PS4 sticks being trash there is no way I'm investing in the PS4 version unless there is lagless backwards compatibility.

If you're referring to the 1-frame of input lag with PS4 controllers in SFV when compared to the PC version, it was a problem on Capcom's end and is now fixed:

The issue which added an additional frame of lag to PlayStation 4 fight sticks on PlayStation 4 has been identified and patched. Now input time is unified across PlayStation 4, legacy controllers and PC.

ZeroX03

Banned
This excuse again? This is getting old.

Just say it's because of low stance, geez. He thinks ppl can't put 2 and 2 together. Eddy isn't there also because of low character usage? Whole roster devoid of low stances kinda gives an idea what's going on.

I can't tell if you're bad at sarcasm or just supremely stupid.

Some of you need to chill out. It will be whatever it will be, if Lei is out it will be unfortunate but there's hope for DLC.

I will be curious to see the initial roster when the game releases.

Nuszka

Just got the new revision of ds4 not only it disables Bluetooth while playing wired but the d pad is totally different with matte texture finish and very smooth edges. For pad players it's a no brainier what to use now.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just got the new revision of ds4 not only it disables Bluetooth while playing wired but the d pad is totally different with matte texture finish and very smooth edges. For pad players it's a no brainier what to use now.

A little more grip than the old DS4? I thought the DS4 d-pad was already pretty great, but less slippery would be appreciated.

Anybody getting T7 on PC? I wish there was cross play, but since it isn't looking likely I wonder what the playerbase will be like.

PC and PS4.

Most likely all three versions here.

Because, you know. Some friends are just stubborn like that. Gotta bring the fight to them.

Plus I don't mind dropping a little extra $ to support the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom