• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Anybody getting T7 on PC? I wish there was cross play, but since it isn't looking likely I wonder what the playerbase will be like.

Will be getting them on both.

My purchase of Tekken 7 isn't confirmed yet, but if I do end up supporting the game, I'll probably go PS4/PC.

I'm sorry but I just can't imagine a universe where you're not picking up Tekken 7. :lol

================================

In other news I wish MadCatz would get their shit together and let us know if they're getting more bezels for their TE2+ sticks. What's the point of boasting about how easy it is to customize the stick when you don't have the accessories to do so? Just sayin'.

Sayah

I'm sorry but I just can't imagine a universe where you're not picking up Tekken 7. :lol

I'm not as big of a fan as I used to be. They really lost me with how they handled Tekken 7. FR looks gorgeous but I'm past supporting two-year long waits. Tekken 6 wait was torturous enough and I can't be a fan of a franchise that standardizes that sort of model where their worldwide audience is screwed over for the privileged few in Japan/Korea. These people also had the audacity to run an international tournament of the game at E3 two years in a row, while the game wasn't even available to the majority of the attendees. A tournament isn't fair when certain players have a clear, unfair advantage and many more months of experience playing the game than their competitors.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Much as I've complained about the delays, I can see why they did it, and we'll be getting the best version of Tekken 7 possible, not like another certain rather unfinished fighting game franchise..

Sayah

I like how visiting this thread is supposed to be a direct indicator of purchasing Tekken 7. lol.

Ever since I've been on this forum, ~95% of my posts have been in Tekken threads. You can check my post history. It's the only reason I visit this forum. If I stopped posting in this thread, I would probably have no reason to visit this forum anymore.

AAK

I've made a lot of lifelong friends through T6 and Tag2 both through my tournament travels and through NeoGAF. It's mostly because of that I'm gonna play T7. This is far from the sequel I want to play (and especially look at if there was no PC mod-friendly version). Also, the sense of adventure and discovery that comes with purchasing a new game is pretty much non-existent this time around. But Tekken's still something to indulge in with the community of friends I've made these past 5-6 years.

If that community wasn't here for Tekken 7's release, the situation would be completely different.

Dereck

Madridista got this cool shirt:

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8xNDY3OTk4Njc5NDYwNzQxMTIvMjI5OTYwNTIwNTYyNjM4ODQ4L0lNR18wNTcyLkpQRyJ9.63_-pmc4rVuKVLHQH4TUeM94NPA

Sayah

I've made a lot of lifelong friends through T6 and Tag2 both through my tournament travels and through NeoGAF. It's mostly because of that I'm gonna play T7. This is far from the sequel I want to play (and especially look at if there was no PC mod-friendly version). Also, the sense of adventure and discovery that comes with purchasing a new game is pretty much non-existent this time around. But Tekken's still something to indulge in with the community of friends I've made these past 5-6 years.

If that community wasn't here for Tekken 7's release, the situation would be completely different.

Yeah, I'm in a different situation. I've only been to one tournament my whole life and havent made those sort of connections. I don't know where I'm at with Tekken 7 or how or if I'm going to support it. Maybe I'll buy a used PS4 copy so I'm not directly supporting namcos lousy model or if they really bring the hype, I'll get it on PC as well.

sasuke_91

Madridista got this cool shirt:

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8xNDY3OTk4Njc5NDYwNzQxMTIvMjI5OTYwNTIwNTYyNjM4ODQ4L0lNR18wNTcyLkpQRyJ9.63_-pmc4rVuKVLHQH4TUeM94NPA

Shirt would have been better without the PS Plus logo. That yellow on dark background really sticks out as well.
I'll miss the Kanji in the background :(
Cool shirt anyway.

By the way, Madridista is going to be back in November.

Yeah, I'm in a different situation. I've only been to one tournament my whole life and havent made those sort of connections. I don't know where I'm at with Tekken 7 or how or if I'm going to support it. Maybe I'll buy a used PS4 copy so I'm not directly supporting namcos lousy model or if they really bring the hype, I'll get it on PC as well.

I don't care anymore. All my friends are going to get T7, so I guess I'll get it as well.
I'm sick of waiting and I'm sick of complaining, so I stopped doing both. It's done when it's done. Until then, I'll try to improve my gameplay by getting bodied by better players in TTT2.

As long as we got to wait for Tekken 7, a graphic downgrade would be tragically disappointing. For all of this waiting, it should look better than the arcade version, but I know that's not being realistic.

GrayFoxPL

Hwo is just bullshit watching him

Hwo lost something from spectator standpoint at least. Flamingo was essentially poking set but he got more and more "big" moves into Fla changing the old dynamic of the char.
It was already changed in Tag2. T7 just went deeper that road.

All I see now is DAS BOOT and the no momentum rocket kicks from flamingo, b+4_3 I think?

No Backlash cancels. Stuff like this is gone.

ai2HnTX.gif

Numb

DAS BOOT is almost like a deathfist in a combo. His combo damage that wasn't low to begin with got an even bigger boost. And thats without the wall coming into play

GrayFoxPL

DAS BOOT is almost like a deathfist in a combo. His combo damage that wasn't low to begin with got an even bigger boost. And thats without the wall coming into play

Yeah, he became semi hard-hitter. I enjoyed watching the old mix-upper more. Of course players had to Werk! Werk! Werk! Like in that song but were also praised more.

sasuke_91

Hwo lost something from spectator standpoint at least. Flamingo was essentially poking set but he got more and more "big" moves into Fla changing the old dynamic of the char.
It was already changed in Tag2. T7 just went deeper that road.

All I see now is DAS BOOT and the no momentum rocket kicks from flamingo, b+4_3 I think?

No Backlash cancels. Stuff like this is gone.

ai2HnTX.gif

That gif is so, so good.

Hwo also lost his d+3,4 flamingo mix-up because it now has pushback (or was that changed back again? I don't think so). You see people go bigger stuff now.

His new move (is it f,f+4? I still don't know) also buffed his combo damage quite a bit.

I'll play Hwo the day i get good at Tekken
sabu.png

So... never?

Hehe...

Numb

You are.

Start
Bg4bygn.gif

Need to meditate on it.
Never knew why i didn't play him. Probably cos TKD wasn't cooler than Eddy in Tekken 3. All those free wins
That gif is so, so good.

Hwo also lost his d+3,4 flamingo mix-up because it now has pushback (or was that changed back again? I don't think so). You see people go bigger stuff now.

His new move (is it f,f+4? I still don't know) also buffed his combo damage quite a bit.

So... never?

Hehe...
haha

yes indeed

Too bad there's no gif of his reaction by itself.

I have a nostalgia question gaf, Why wasn't Jack part of Tekken 4?

Because it had a small roster and almost no redundant styles. At the time Jack and Kuma were still considered kind of similar so they presumably only wanted one of the Jack/Ganryu/Kuma style and chose bears.

Because it had a small roster and almost no redundant styles. At the time Jack and Kuma were still considered kind of similar so they presumably only wanted one of the Jack/Ganryu/Kuma style and chose bears.

Ah ok. I was just kinda curious about it. Thank you for the response. I still play the game at a local laundry facility which is almost next door from where I work. Nostalgia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom