• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

Genderswap him too. It's time for a sukeban character, lol.

Maybe not that far but I'd change his base hairstyle so he looks like Marko Zaror in Undisputed 2(3?).

9sTs5nc.jpg

GrayFoxPL

Boyka put that dude in a body bag
Also Boyka should be copy pasted into every fighter

Marko Zaror is godlike, man.

He doesn't yet have that recognition but dude is a monster.

Boyka is insanely fun character to watch. Adkin's terrible russian impression just makes him even better. :D

Boyka too "normal" for Tekken though. :p

Numb

Marko Zaror is godlike, man.

He doesn't yet have that recognition yet but dude is a monster.

Boyka is insanely fun character to watch. Adkin's terrible russian impression just makes him even better. :D

Boyka too "normal" for Tekken though. :p

Indeed
He is so fun he got his own movie as a sequel after Michael Jai White left

He may look normal but look at this

Jk-eop.gif

full

Russia!!

GrayFoxPL

We almost had Boyka-like

But Harada watches Idolmaster instead so a Lucky Chloe chestbuster emerged fully grown lol

Harada's trollin' n rolling. ;)

Some kind of ring shorts mma-k1 technical fighter would be cool even with over the top style. We'll get fairies and mermaids first tho. Harada gone soft like a marshmallow, man. Must be that thing with becoming family man. ;)

Loxley

Getting back into TTT2 in prep for 7 and man I suck. Still though, Tekken is basically my fighting game comfort food. So long as I'm playing Hwoarang and kicking dudes in the face, I'm content.
Indeed
He is so fun he got his own movie as a sequel after Michael Jai White left

He may look normal but look at this

Jk-eop.gif

full

Russia!!

Man, Adkins really won the genetic lottery, his body in those films is basically Olympic-levels of perfection - dude puts the work in. In fact his YouTube channel just uploaded a new montage of him training for a number of his films (Undisputed 3 among them). Even as someone who did Taekwondo for 11 years, it never ceases to amaze me the kinds of kicks people can do when they decide to get creative. The most advanced tecnique I ever managed to land (once) was a 540 roundhouse. Felt like I had conquered all of martial arts that day :lol

GrayFoxPL

Getting back into TTT2 in prep for 7 and man I suck. Still though, Tekken is basically my fighting game comfort food. So long as I'm playing Hwoarang and kicking dudes in the face, I'm content.

Man, Adkins really won the genetic lottery, his body in those films is basically Olympic-levels of perfection - dude puts the work in. In fact his YouTube channel just uploaded a new montage of him training for a number of his films (Undisputed 3 among them). Even as someone who did Taekwondo for 11 years, it never ceases to amaze me the kinds of kicks people can do when they decide to get creative. The most advanced tecnique I ever managed to land (once) was a 540 roundhouse. Felt like I had conquered all of martial arts that day :lol

Thanks for the heads up for new reel. Yeah, what Atkins did with his body and physical condition is insane. Perfect athlete. I'm just worried that if he gets even more buff he'll lose that crazy agility of his, but it doesn't seem to slow him down yet. Seems to be tendency though - every slim martial artist I saw keeps getting that big muscle mass, eg Jon Foo.

You did 540? That's impressive man. I love that kick!

TKD always cool.

Numb

Ha, I blame my inherent Hwoarang bias on being a pasty white kid who was into TKD when Tekken 3 came out. With the exception of the red hair I had essentially found a vessel to project myself into Tekken XD

Your excitement is very understood

Looking at Adkins body and you know you just ain't getting near that for a minute lol

sasuke_91

A Hwoarang player? Where are you from?

You guys remind me that I still have to watch Undisputed.

GrayFoxPL

You guys remind me that I still have to watch Undisputed.

First one is basically prison boxing movie.

2&3 is where it gets all Russian and crazy when director Isaac Florentine joined with Adkins and start making series of crazy fighting movies. Budget is on a low side because everything went into fight scenes but it's super fun.

Tekken |OT3| By the time we have Tekken 7, we'll be playing Tekken 8

Tekken |OT3| Lions, Tigers, and B-- Oh my.

Tekken |OT3| These aren't your grandpa's combos

Tekken |OT3| We wait so long between games, we don't even refer to the titles anymore

This game is TEKKEN forever to come out |OT3|

I submitted 10 Tekken puns, I wanted them to win... no pun in ten did ... |OT3|

So, the door's over there?

Ok, I'll just... Yeah.

GrayFoxPL

We won't see any more Lee until launch, will we?

y7sB05o.gif

Damn.

We're at this point when we see T7FR on a horizon but it's still long painful road ahead.
Since now they're putting final builds together, the news pool is dry until the big bang.

There's supposed to be more characters coming, so...

But not sure when to expect that. There's Paris Games Week at the end of October and PSX in December i guess.

Mizerman

We won't see any more Lee until launch, will we?

y7sB05o.gif

Damn.

We're at this point when we see T7FR on a horizon but it's still long painful road ahead.
Since now they're putting final builds together, the news pool is dry until the big bang.

The journey will be well worth it. Hopefully.

AAK

Looks like the Bracket Reset guys in London got their hands on the PS4 version of Tekken 7 and are about to run a tournament for it:

https://www.twitch.tv/unequalledmedia

This setup confirms what I've been fearing:

- Rematch still has to reload the entire game from the loading screen.
- There's no option for a rematch but in a different stage.

(sigh)

EDIT:

- Maybe they won't be running a tournament, just casuals.
- The loading times for the current build after choosing a stage is about 40-44s

GrayFoxPL

Build based on first FR build?

It's funny to see how tiny damage on ground is visible compared to arcade, but maybe because build is ancient.

Character models look solid though so dunno.

GrayFoxPL

Someone play with me this weekend ;_;

Hope I can get in on the action.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is Asuka's spinning unblockable a mid in 7? I see people get hit by it all the time on wakeup. Earlier it was simple 1-2 spins - blockable mid. 3 spins and flash - unblockable high. Since I watched vanilla, Kor and Jp dudes get hit by this trap every time. Huh.

Numb

Good games, Sasuke! Your Steve still gives me lots of trouble. =/

Sure~

On the stream thing, if this is the PS4 version it sure looks a lot less ploop than that gamespot video showed.
Hope I can get in on the action.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is Asuka's spinning unblockable a mid in 7? I see people get hit by it all the time on wakeup. Earlier it was simple 1-2 spins - blockable mid. 3 spins and flash - unblockable high. Since I watched vanilla, Kor and Jp dudes get hit by this trap every time. Huh.

giphy.gif

full
I should pick up Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom