• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

Can someone decode who is this Steve player? He plays like a terminator.

His kanji looks familiar but google says "Taisei Chama" - first I heard of.

I wanna find his FR matches but no luck. 29th dan couldn't disappear.

But I know I've seen that kanji like all the time, fuck.

Edit:
Wait, I think I found him.

I won tickets for Firstlook festival with a T7 play session (PC version). So i guess i'll be going to that tomorrows after all. \o/

Guess i'll ask my brother if he can come..

Edit: At least if i hear from the contest guys before the evening is done ;/

sasuke_91

@GrayFoxPL: Steve is the character I love watching most being played by very good players. So stylish! And if you know how hard it is to execute the stuff they're doing it becomes even more amazing!

@Numb/Squirrel: This has never happened before. 1 bar for both of you. And it lagged way more than usual.
GGs anyways. I forgot about Jinpachi's weird frame traps, so I always got hit and occasionally ate a wall combo as well.
Squirrel, your style is good against me. Whenever I wanted to hit you you'd use a move that would crush mine. I paniqued more than once. I also always forget choosing Solo against you. Tag vs Solo is no fun imo.

And congrats on winning those tickets. I'd love to be able to play T7 :eek:

By the way, I preordered FF XV for ~41€ from UK. Best price I've seen yet :p

Numb

@Sasuke. Went wild when i noticed youf forgot Jinpachi tech. I don't understand why you don't use Heihachi alot. You seem real good with him
@Squirrel. Now know not to use tag vs you and go solo. The damage coming from your Raven is scary sometimes.
@Speedwagon. Indeed. I'm down. Especially want to see f the madness from today was a one time thing

I've seen that '1 bar for everyone' before but it didn't have those weird lagspikes or the disconnects. Dunno what's up with that. Ran into that Genki-something afterward in Ranked (which did work for some reason). Beat him/her with Lili, hehe.

Jinpachi wrecks my day. But I'm glad i stuck with solo all the way through Tag 2. I lose a lot but i'll stay positive and call it good training.

Can't believe i could be playing T7 tomorrow. (At least if those contest guys get off their bums and send me the details.)

GrayFoxPL

Fuck. My PS3 is lagging as fuck. Maybe because it's ancient. After not playing Tag2 for few weeks I get in and characters feel like tanks! So sluggish, so laggy. I feel like my PS4 doesn't lag on the same setup, but PS3 - as fuck!

I especially hunted down lowest input lag tv on the market(affordable), the(supposedly praised everywhere) Sony KDL42W705B (13ms lag)and while PS4 feels good in terms of input lag the PS3 feels the same like my old Samsung that I gutted out from every post processing effect in the service menu.

I don't know, I've tried everything. First thing I ever did was turn off every processing effect, backlight sensor, everything that could induce even a tinsy bit of lag. Obviously in game mode.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just one option I never checked - led motion. I turn it on and fuck screen goes so dim I can barely see anything, looks like shit but lol I check Tekken on it and fuck... The response is improved! Input lag feels a lot less severe, characters don't feel like tanks. It feels right! I'm switching back and forth to see I'm not crazy and there's definitely a lot less lag. I even went online and could actually block lows on reaction. I could play a lot faster and better.

But there's huge fucking problem - in this mode you can't see shit. It's like all the backlight is turned off, like totally gone. The brightness and contrast are like on 7% and you can crank it up to max and wont help shit. I can't play like that, no one could.

But the thing is - this led motion should not help at all with input lag, I dig through the internet and found zit on it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One thing bothers me, can backlight affect input lag? I googled that shit and all I found was some tech savy shit on strictly PC monitor tech, nothing on Led TV's + consoles. What's funny someone asked the very question on avsforums and got no answer. I tried digging through avs but found nothing on the subject, maybe I searched wrong ways?

I wish I could see other people's Tekken setups and judge for myself, because I'm feeling like I'm drowning in lag. Can't use that led mode because I can't see shit.
This depresses and pisses me off so much.

Tomorrow I must test the Tekken in low backlight and see If I that reduces some of the lag. :/

I don't know what to do other then that. Feels bad man.

kvkFnKB.gif

CSX

After more than a decade of service, my beloved Dualshock 2 controller died on me today . 10+ years of handsweat absorbed to the point where backdashing and EWGFs were done so easily on it. Now...it's dead T____T

Started digging around the house for older playstation controllers. Found another DS2 and a DS1. DS2 had issues with qcf. The DS1 was pretty good outside of suddenly thinking i pressed uf and its stiff on qcb notations.

Can't do shit on a DS3 controller. I can do everything on a DS4 but electrics lol...

I'm tempted to buy a new DS2 but Sony is still selling them at prices like its 2001 again.

sasuke_91

@Sasuke. I don't understand why you don't use Heihachi alot. You seem real good with him

Heihachi is the easiest Mishima for me, but my performance with him is very inconsistent. I also don't really have a partner for him. I play Eddy with him, but I just use him to troll people, so I never intended to get serious with him. People say I should pretend to be JDCR and pair up AKing with him. I think I might do that.

Ran into that Genki-something afterward in Ranked (which did work for some reason). Beat him/her with Lili, hehe.

Genki is a guy and his performance in Ranked is almost as bad as mine xD
Ranked always works for me as well. It's just player matches for some reason...
Fun fact: My friends call me Eternal Warrior. A charming nickname.

Jin and Lee have some crazy combo potential. My brother always finds out new stuff to do with them. And those combos are pretty damaging. This is what he manages to pull off after a ch EWHF:
https://youtu.be/oVnOTHdQquc

GrayFoxPL

Jin and Lee have some crazy combo potential. My brother always finds out new stuff to do with them. And those combos are pretty damaging. This is what he manages to pull off after a ch EWHF:
https://youtu.be/oVnOTHdQquc

Yeah Rocker will wipe us all out in 7 once he finds the cool in his mind.

Nice combo, he always goes for hardest stuff in real matches too, haha.

Btw Sasuke I can hear clicking of buttons in the video.

Could you make a short vid where you pick character and push some buttons like hitting opponent with 1,1,1 or 2,2,2, no strings just pokes? So I could hear the buttons clicking while seeing the game in motion. It'd give me an indication and help me judge the lag on my setup.

I'd be really grateful. It doesn't have to be anything soon, just someday.

Jeez it took until 12 to get the fecking tickets and then our printer was busted. And my brother can't come with me either, sigh.

But i'm finally ready to play some T7 tomorrow, yay. I hope they have PS4 controllers <.<

Bring your own to be safe. Have fun and share how it was!

Not allowed apparently. I will! Doubt it's a build with Master Raven, but i can hope.

GrayFoxPL

Jeez it took until 12 to get the fecking tickets and then our printer was busted. And my brother can't come with me either, sigh.

But i'm finally ready to play some T7 tomorrow, yay. I hope they have PS4 controllers <.<

Bring your own to be safe.

Have fun and share how it was!

ZeroX03

Banned
Murray just announced on stream that the PS4 version is still not optimised, hence the sub-par graphics and long load times. Both will be greatly improved come release.

We obviously knew this but good to know.

sasuke_91

https://www.twitch.tv/vsl_thefist/v/93651885

I wonder how much JDCR actually dislikes Knee

I might be missing something here. Why would he dislike him?

Wow @ the JDCR vs Knee match. What a vid to wake up to, that was F'n brilliant play. Those goraebob matches were unwatchable, had to fast forward to see who won.

I have to aggree. That Akuma customization was too ugly to keep watching. That JDCR vs Knee Drag/Steve match was awesome though.

Dereck

Wow @ the JDCR vs Knee match. What a vid to wake up to, that was F'n brilliant play. Those goraebob matches were unwatchable, had to fast forward to see who won.
Knee was sandbagging the entire time, using random characters, bleh

AAK

I might be missing something here. Why would he dislike him?

I have to aggree. That Akuma customization was too ugly to keep watching. That JDCR vs Knee Drag/Steve match was awesome though.

Ryan Hart first revealed it during the first TTT2 final round:

https://youtu.be/R5BfZKVlOZI?t=27

It was relatively apparent during EVO too when they refused to even acknowledge each other:

https://youtu.be/IeyCm5nln40?t=608

Knee was sandbagging the entire time, using random characters, bleh

The Akuma/Feng pick was a blowup, but those last 2 matches were high level Tekken at its best. Knee adapted to JDCR's rhythm so well and landed so many counterhits using Steve's strengths to their full potential in the 3rd match. And then in the 4th match JDCR adapted right back. And the way JDCR defended the Knee onslaught backdashing from one end to the stage to the other was pretty hype for me. Was on the edge of my seat.

But yeah, I'm not sure why he didn't go for Devil Jin.

Sayah

They should have just kept Miguels old VA. This new one sounds irritating. The character also looks weird now. But I like the new personality. They pretty much added every Tekken 6 character besides Zafina.

Dereck

- The trailer looks to be PS4 footage, I don't know if that's true but it looks drab.

- The character model also suffers because of this. Miguel's character model looks dingy and I don't think it's just because of the character model itself but rather the trailer, because on the screenshots from the Tekken website, the model looks better.

Miguel's new voice is fine, but it's more noticeable because it doesn't match up with his attack grunts. That's really jarring. Miguel speaks english in Tekken 6, Spanish in Tag 2 and then Spanish again in Tekken 7, but it doesn't sound like it's the same voice actor. It's unfortunate that either they got the Tag 2 guy to record new lines and the voices don't match up or that they probably hired a new voice actor for Tekken 7. Either way, the speaking voice actor from Tag 2 matched up better with the Tekken 6 attack grunts.

qL2iVZv.png

I don't dislike his entire costume. I think it goes in the right direction until it gets to the buckles.

Miguel likes to wear chains so it's cool that the trend was continued. The buckles really have got to go though, every one of them besides the one on the belt. The golden skull - ??? Not sure why that's there, he also has some gold on his gloves which I don't have any thoughts on.

He doesn't seem to have any shoestrings, OK.

30156965786_4dc1d0609f_o.jpg
'

His face looks fine I guess, he looks like he's wearing eye liner.

To me there is a difference between liking a character and caring about that character being in the game. It's cool he's in Tekken 7 but I'm not interested in playing with him in this game. My biggest interest in the game was to play with the new characters. It makes sense to want a "main" in the new game but for someone like me that seems to have main indecisiveness disorder I don't care about Miguel either way since I was really intending on playing with Katarina anyway. Hopefully he'll get some cool custom costumes, anything like his shirt from Tag 2 or the coat from Tekken 6 for example.

His jacket is glued to his body, don't like that. Especially after coming from his Tag 2 shirt moving around so much in Tag 2. I still stand by the opinion that Bob's costume in Tekken 7 is better suited for Miguel just bring it down from a XXXL to a large.

Rajang

Yeah, graphically it needs lots of improvements.

It kind of feels like that trailer was put together last minute as well.

Just got back, Tekken at Firstlook was a bit poor in general. Four setups, two singleplayer and two 2-player. PC with Xbox pads. Over an hour wait so you can play two matches or practice against the CPU a bit. Not great. ('Waiting times' is Firstlook in general. 2+ hours wait for PSVR or Horizon Zero Dawn or basically anything one would really like to try)

For me personally it was amazing, though. I got a full hour to play before it opened to the public. Played with the Budgetgaming guys a bit (they're not Tekken players so they got dunked, oh well), did the story bit and some 1-player training, then played Demonitzu from Tekkenzone.

Enjoyed Kazumi. Lili worked well, as she's basically TR Lili with some extra stuff. Didn't really get Katarina to work the way i wanted to though...

So i hear Miguel got added.. <goes to look for trailer>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom