• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

Just got back, Tekken at Firstlook was a bit poor in general. Four setups, two singleplayer and two 2-player. PC with Xbox pads. Over an hour wait so you can play two matches or practice against the CPU a bit. Not great. ('Waiting times' is Firstlook in general. 2+ hours wait for PSVR or Horizon Zero Dawn or basically anything one would really like to try)

For me personally it was amazing, though. I got a full hour to play before it opened to the public. Played with the Budgetgaming guys a bit (they're not Tekken players so they got dunked, oh well), did the story bit and some 1-player training, then played Demonitzu from Tekkenzone.

Enjoyed Kazumi. Lili worked well, as she's basically TR Lili with some extra stuff. Didn't really get Katarina to work the way i wanted to though...

So i hear Miguel got added.. <goes to look for trailer>

Cool! How do you feel the movement was, sluggish or okay?

Cool! How do you feel the movement was, sluggish or okay?

Seemed fine. Even with xbox controllers hampering my BDC, i didn't think it was especially sluggish.

It was FR version btw, no Bob or Master Raven.

Edit: Also made a couple new Dutch Tekken pals and exchanged PSNs, so that's always nice~

Numb

Someone make a session and inv us

@good games Rajang. Your defense is incredible and you also play real safe. Very hard to get in on you with anything
Psn still fucked up tho

sasuke_91

@AAK: Thanks for the clarification. That E3 video made it really clear.

@Dereck: Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Very interesting read.

@Squirrel: I used to play Tekken 6 on an XBox 360 controller with some friends back in 2010/2011 and couldn't pull off anything. This was way before the days I got serious at playing Tekken and the hardest move I could pull off was Jin's cd+1. Did it work for you?

Sorry I couldn't make it guys. And I can't play now either.

You guys streaming? I'm going to stream so much when T7 drops! Even if my 6 MBit won't allow higher resolutions.

@Squirrel: I used to play Tekken 6 on an XBox 360 controller with some friends back in 2010/2011 and couldn't pull off anything. This was way before the days I got serious at playing Tekken and the hardest move I could pull off was Jin's cd+1. Did it work for you?

I'll just say it wasn't as bad as i feared. But you could see everyone struggle.

Edit: One of the indie dev stands had a shmup with some old rundown 360 controller. Eeeuuuugh.

AAK

I tried to play Injustice on a 360 pad once... I could barely even get a d/f input to work half the time. Boy that was a nightmare.

My opinion of Miguel is kind of like Aris. Glad it's him over the animals. But I'm currently unimpressed with the implementation so far. 2 of the 3 changes I noticed are different extensions off of d/f+2 and ws+2. And both of those new extensions screw attack. The TTT2/T6 versions bounded, so the utility of both of those moves are exactly the same. The last new thing I noticed was the 2 new punch strings after u/f+4 that they used for the wall combo. It's too early to tell if it's a Bob level port job but I hope he has something that will inspire Miguel players to use the character in new and unique ways.

Miguel is cool. Glad he's back. A bit surprised since he is kind of slightly similar to Katarina's gameplay design.

Are we assuming he's console only? Was it ever out right confirmed Lee is and MR was it for arcade?

sasuke_91

Ggs guys!
speedwagon, you've improved a lot.
Squirrel, it's a lot harder for me to fight you than it is to fight Numb. Something about your mid poke -> grab -> low makes me really nervous.
Numb, you should main someone who's coming back in T7 xD

Numb

Haven't played this much solo since T6
Ggs guys!
speedwagon, you've improved a lot.
Squirrel, it's a lot harder for me to fight you than it is to fight Numb. Something about your mid poke -> grab -> low makes me really nervous.
Numb, you should main someone who's coming back in T7 xD
Not 1 but 2 hidden disses
That's it!
You just made an enemy for life
Thanks guys! It's nice to see I have improved even though I am so rusty right now xD

All you need to do is put in more time
You didn't notice but you actually improved during the fight

Numb

I'm not going to shake hands with you when we meet at EVO Grand Finals!

GGs guys! I can't fight Numb at all. His controlled balls to the wall maniacal style is just too stronk D=

I'm totally up for making this a more or less weekly thing btw.

Numb

Need to anticipate it more.

Think i got JC and DR.B as Mokujin the most today. Jack 3rd and then Ganryu.
These are my top 4 least used characters in general.
Something is up

Numb

Never got into his sumo fighting style.
His coolness is in the negatives and simping after Julia ain't helping either

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Ganryu is fun. I should play him more often. Too bad the community is overly fixated on pretty characters.

GrayFoxPL

I need to make Ganny - Kumer team or Ganny - Prototype Jock.

Btw for so many years playing Tag 2 I never realized the screws are falling out of P.Jack when you hit him. I only saw this in combo video couple weeks ago.

Mindblown.

Numb

Ganryu is fun. I should play him more often. Too bad the community is overly fixated on pretty characters.
Bob fights fun
I need to make Ganny - Kumer team or Ganny - Prototype Jock.

Btw for so many years playing Tag 2 I never realized the screws are falling out of P.Jack when you hit him. I only saw this in combo video couple weeks ago.

Mindblown.

Jack got the bullets so they had to give P. something
His ending he leaves a huge screw out his mech

Soulstar

Still waiting for Lei but Miguel is looking pretty sweet. I don't really remember his old voice but I have to say that I love his new voice. Edit:Also I love his Rage Art.

CSX

Anyone recommend any decent fightpad controller? Instead of paying $50 for a new PS2 controller (lol) , i might as well try out a fightpad with a good d-pad. I'm particularly looking for one that has a d-pad similar or identical to the PS2 d-pad , flat shaped and small. I have small thumbs so with the DS4 controller, I notice that the elevated shape and size of the d-pad is causing me to miss the down input of qcf and cd notations when i try to input everything like i'm playing on my old ps2 controller.

Also so hyped for Miguel! My poking raging Spaniard is backkkk :D

Anyone recommend any decent fightpad controller? Instead of paying $50 for a new PS2 controller (lol) , i might as well try out a fightpad with a good d-pad. I'm particularly looking for one that has a d-pad similar or identical to the PS2 d-pad , flat shaped and small. I have small thumbs so with the DS4 controller, I notice that the elevated shape and size of the d-pad is causing me to miss the down input of qcf and cd notations when i try to input everything like i'm playing on my old ps2 controller.

Also so hyped for Miguel! My poking raging Spaniard is backkkk :D

1828394_0.jpg

Hori (new) fighting commander is good. I've been finding the dpad a bit on the stiff side but it's a good size and shape and the buttons are really nice. Apparently the stiffness wears off as well, but i mainly bought it for SF5 so.. it's not getting used all that much <.<

Works on PS3/PS4/PC too so that's nice.

Rajang

Someone make a session and inv us

@good games Rajang. Your defense is incredible and you also play real safe. Very hard to get in on you with anything
Psn still fucked up tho

GG's man, I had a lot of fun playing the solo matches. The solo vs Tag games were horrible for me tho, I just cant deal with 1v2 for some reason even though the solo player gets a boost in dmg and hp.

I'm impressed that you know so many characters. Do you know who you are going to main if Mokujin isnt in T7?

You have the best gifs. :)

1828394_0.jpg

Hori (new) fighting commander is good. I've been finding the dpad a bit on the stiff side but it's a good size and shape and the buttons are really nice. Apparently the stiffness wears off as well, but i mainly bought it for SF5 so.. it's not getting used all that much <.<

Works on PS3/PS4/PC too so that's nice.

I have the new fighting commander by Hori and I don't like it for Tekken. The d-pad feels too stiff. For example, if I hit someone with Feng's CH B+1, most of the time I cant even dash up to them to do the shoulder attack. I really need to mash it, its too unresponsive. BDC is also way harder for me than on DS4. The buttons are also too close together and they sometimes even tend to stick. The only times Ive felt comfortable with it was when I was playing SFV.

Numb

GG's man, I had a lot of fun playing the solo matches. The solo vs Tag games were horrible for me tho, I just cant deal with 1v2 for some reason even though the solo player gets a boost in dmg and hp.

I'm impressed that you know so many characters. Do you know who you are going to main if Mokujin isnt in T7?

I have the new fighting commander by Hori and I don't like it for Tekken. The d-pad feels too stiff. For example, if I hit someone with Feng's CH B+1, most of the time I cant even dash up to them to do the shoulder attack. I really need to mash it, its too unresponsive. BDC is also way harder for me than on DS4. The buttons are also too close together and they sometimes even tend to stick. The only times Ive felt comfortable with it was when I was playing SFV.
Will be going solo for the most part from now on to get ready for T7
I get the feeling the tag mechanic held you back somewhat. Looking forward to T7. Psn been shitty lately and the bars are never usually that low.

Will try everyone to some degree to see who clicks that I wasn't sure bout. Minus the trash can that is lucky Chloe that is &#65533;&#65533;
Leaning heavily towards maining Kazumi , Shaheen,Katarina and Akumer for the new folk.

Playing the usual old favs too.

GrayFoxPL

Thanks and thanks for fighting commander impressions, I wanted to buy it and would just waste money. My d-pads needs to be light like butterfly's wings for me to do anything.

Hope I can get back into Tekken this week but I can't seem to shake the fever so I'm weak as shit and fever dreams are getting real tiring.

Numb focusing on just few characters is what scares me. He has some weird endless capacity for taking over characters. But as long as his focus is scattered I can get him.
T7 not having Mokujin, so:
pKcRuLH.gif

Numb

Itchy when using one too long so will always be all over the place. No need to worry.
Mokujins design is already perfect. Just bring him over.
DO IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom