• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys tomorrow night and Thursday night I need some sparing partners. Who's ever up for it can PM me or post in here. Pretty much just give it your all is all I want. I'm trying to work on my basics before Final Round against actually opponents and not just the CPU. No egos, I just want to play and get warmed up.

AAK

I'll be damned if this is what they were going for:

CAWLWaGUUAAzbp6.png

CAWLOPcU8AEhnxc.jpg

Okay guys tomorrow night and Thursday night I need some sparing partners. Who's ever up for it can PM me or post in here. Pretty much just give it your all is all I want. I'm trying to work on my basics before Final Round against actually opponents and not just the CPU. No egos, I just want to play and get warmed up.

Add me: PSN: AAK0924

Sayah

I'll get online now if you want to play.

My controller(s) are in terrible shape but I'll play.

PSN: ElzaWalker

AAK

Depends on your definition of new.

New Characters, Stages, Art, Animations, Outfits? LOL

New Move Properties, Balancing Patches, and Fixed Glitches? That'll probably be there.

GrayFoxPL

I need to take a break from Tekken. Just too weak to do anything. Losing everything. A week of break is needed.

T7 final seems like nothing.

Wake me up when any character is released.

sasuke_91

I need to take a break from Tekken. Just too weak to do anything. Losing everything. A week of break is needed.

I'll take a break from ranking. Way too frustrating.

I'll only play against friends and watch some videos hoping I'll be able to absorb some of their skill :p

GrayFoxPL

It took more than a month for Tekken 5's time release to come out... It'll be a long wait brother.

Btw what was the first character that came out on T5 time release? Was it Baek? Haha.

I think at T5 all time release characters were in the game just arcade clock released them. Now they develop them and send the file to arcade. Could be both. Like there are 2 characters finished but arcade clock doesn't release them yet while they are developing next characters.

It's all meh for me. T7 was rushed like hell. Imagine T6 releasing with 20 characters. It didn't and they also had new engine, character models, textures, movesets, arenas etc. They just didn't go from 50% to 80% in 3 weeks.

This game needs time I wouldn't be surprised if actual full content T7 would materialize in 2017 with Tekken 7: The Death Of Lucky Chloe Edition(v.9.14).

Btw what was the first character that came out on T5 time release? Was it Baek? Haha.

I think at T5 all time release characters were in the game just arcade clock released them. Now they develop them and send the file to arcade. Could be both. Like there are 2 characters finished but arcade clock doesn't release them yet while they are developing next characters.

It's all meh for me. T7 was rushed like hell. Imagine T6 releasing with 20 characters. It didn't and they also had new engine, character models, textures, movesets, arenas etc. They just didn't go from 50% to 80% in 3 weeks.

This game needs time I wouldn't be surprised if actual full content T7 would materialize in 2017 with Tekken 7: The Death Of Lucky Chloe Edition(v.9.14).

They were released in groups of 3 if I remember correctly until the end when both DJ and Hei were revealed by themselves. Which means if they do individual reveals then we might have less time in between reveals.

AAK

The game is done, I don't expect anything anymore aside from more generic hats/pants/troll accessories like in TTT2 along with the occasional character.

I'm assuming a good majority of the team has now shifted to Pokken.

The game is done, I don't expect anything anymore aside from more generic hats/pants/troll accessories like in TTT2 along with the occasional character.

Having a pessimistic outlook so you don't get your hopes up and can be pleasantly surprised huh? AAK man I think you just need to chillax man. K-bob is looking really good in Tekken 7. Can't you at least be happy about that?

BTW if Bob doesn't come back we can return to calling Hwoarang Bob right?

Pachimari

Man, this pessimism is too much in here. It was fine to see, but it's really going overboard now. I am also disappointed by the lack of new everything and feel the game is rushed, but I don't express that on every page. And I still am positive toward the game. It's just something I have wanted to express for a very long time now, because the pessimism keeps on going.

GrayFoxPL

What? Didn't Harada say the game will be in constant development now that they can just update the game online?

Oh wait when Harada says something it could mean everything or zit.

Team's at Pokken now? I thought different team was making it. Shieeeet.

iuts8Wwtk9F4C.gif

You think they'll drop it like they dropped Revolution? That poor dude waiting for Yoshimitsu...

That would be pathetic.

AAK

I really think we should keep your expectations in check. The hard release is done, I don't see much reason for some magical update that will invigorate everything.

EDIT: BTW I don't wanna play KBob in T7. I always walk into a new game playing a character I've never played before. The new characters right now are either just so boring or so stupid looking that I might just have to break the maxim and go back to HWoarang. And I never cared about a character being "good" or not. My favorite character to play as is probably Raven. How good or bad they are never had any bearing on who I like to play as.

Pachimari

And even without a magical update, the game is fine. Yes, I would like to have more and I really think it have been the laziest Tekken release so far, but it's still fine as is.

Dereck

They need to focus on stability updates since there are some reports of the online play/offline play lagging, according to the tweets that Flying Wonkey has been retweeting

Manbig

Only thing I really haven't liked seeing in Tekken 7 is Lucky Chloe, and it is a biggie for me. As far as gameplay goes, I have yet to see anything that I really hate. Well... At least I haven't seen anything that wasn't already there before.

Manbig

Oh wow I didn't know about this. On a german Tekken forum you can set your main character in your profile and I always wondered why it says "Bob Hwoarang". I always thought it was a mistake.

Yeah, it was a joke because of how hard his name is the pronounce and spell. Naming a character Bob was probably a reactionary move on their part. It's why this old ass video of mine is labeled the way that it is.

And even without a magical update, the game is fine. Yes, I would like to have more and I really think it have been the laziest Tekken release so far, but it's still fine as is.

I think they're treating T7 like Arcade version of KI. That's what it looks like at least.

I really don't think we should get wrapped up with the game until console is on the horizon.

Pachimari

I think they're treating T7 like Arcade version of KI. That's what it looks like at least.

I really don't think we should get wrapped up with the game until console is on the horizon.
I'm already satisfied with the visual update, the stages and the new characters. I love the addition of Lucky Chloe. And I'm sure Tekken 7 will be a good release as long as it is balanced.

Oh wow I didn't know about this. On a german Tekken forum you can set your main character in your profile and I always wondered why it says "Bob Hwoarang". I always thought it was a mistake.

It comes from two places #1 that Hwoarang's name is a bitch to pronounce. #2 when the game was first revealed they revealed that CG art for the characters with no names.

https://travelingup.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/hwoarang_tekkenmotorcycle.jpg

This was the CG art. With no name, all people Called him was the "Boy on the Bike" which was shortened to "Boy on Bike" and then to Bob. When his name was released people thought it was stupid and hard to say, so they kept calling him Bob.

Out of curiousity, what do you feel the console version outside the cutscene endings + refined practice mode will have that the arcade version won't?

Welll for one, we'll actually have the games in our hands instead of being spectators which doesn't really give you a clear picture of the game most of the time. Two, we get all of the updates and characters from the Arcade version or if it does a big update we get that. Namco always throws in some extra costumes and such and if they were smart they'd do classic DLC costumes too. I doubt it but eh. My big deal is just having the game to play usually paints a different picture.

Like I said, T7 seems like S1 of Killer Instinct. Barebones but after updates it may be better idk. We'll see.

Sayah

GGs to all. That was fun. It's been a long while since I played TTT2 over 1 hour. Had short bursts of play before with large gaps of no TTT2 activity in between.

I wanted to test out butterfly loops. Getting better I guess but still dropping most of the time. I just realized my TV has a game mode setting that makes the TV lag go away, lol. And butterfly loop is easier on a PS4 pad (at least for me).

Manbig

Good games to Sasuke and Sayah.

Like I said Sayah, I got nothing but love for you man, but playing you gets me fucking HEATED. Your gameplay embodies almost EVERYTHING that I hate dealing with in this game.

- More than half of your offense is launchers.

- When you're in trouble with Anna out and I turtle against you, very often you go with the d/b3, which is a very seeable low, but my reactions blow, and I'm just a tiny bit off on my block, so I eat it all of the time.

- You mash when you are on the defensive. I can especially tell you when I hit you with a string that goes into a high sometimes, you don't even duck. A move just instantly flies out.

- Just about every time I dash at you, you respond with a launcher. Even though I know that is coming, my input to try to interrupt, or sidestep it it is always just slightly off and I eat it all day long.

- Nearly every single time you approach from a distance with Anna, it's with her Shredders into the stance. I eat this from mid range for no reason due to constantly messing up my backdash into block.

- Just about every single time you are on the floor and at a slight range, you are waiting to do a wake up kick. NEARLY EVER. SINGLE. TIME! I only managed to find the spacing to make it whiff like twice, but I ate it every other damn time lol.

- When you commit to a duck to try to launch a high with a WS launcher, and you get hit with a mid poke, you will constantly duck, because you are probably thinking "he's going to eventually go high" and will continue to eat mids because of that. This goes back to my point about you just about ALWAYS looking for launchers either normal or counter hit.

- There was almost zero adaptation in your gameplay. Even when I would guess right, you would go back to the same stuff. The only thing you really adapted to is deciding to throw like crazy after I threw you several times.

- And to top it all off, you are doing this mostly with your mains, which are the two characters that are the most obnoxious for most players, good or bad, when it comes to trying to fight against that stuff.

Having said all of that, I NEED TO KEEP PLAYING AGAINST THAT SO DON'T STOP! :p

EDIT: And yes you are getting quite good at the butterfly loops.

Sayah

Good games to Sasuke and Sayah.

Like I said Sayah, I got nothing but love for you man, but playing you gets me fucking HEATED. Your gameplay embodies almost EVERYTHING that I hate dealing with in this game.

- More than half of your offense is launchers.

- When you're in trouble with Anna out and I turtle against you, very often you go with the d/b3, which is a very seeable low, but my reactions blow, and I'm just a tiny bit off on my block, so I eat it all of the time.

- You mash when you are on the defensive. I can especially tell you when I hit you with a string that goes into a high sometimes, you don't even duck. A move just instantly flies out.

- Just about every time I dash at you, you respond with a launcher. Even though I know that is coming, my input to try to interrupt, or sidestep it it is always just slightly off and I eat it all day long.

- Nearly every single time you approach from a distance with Anna, it's with her Shredders into the stance. I eat this from mid range for no reason due to constantly messing up my backdash into block.

- Just about every single time you are on the floor and at a slight range, you are waiting to do a wake up kick. NEARLY EVER. SINGLE. TIME! I only managed to find the spacing to make it whiff like twice, but I ate it every other damn time lol.

- When you commit to a duck to try to launch a high with a WS launcher, and you get hit with a mid poke, you will constantly duck, because you are probably thinking "he's going to eventually go high" and will continue to eat mids because of that. This goes back to my point about you just about ALWAYS looking for launchers either normal or counter hit.

- There was almost zero adaptation in your gameplay. Even when I would guess right, you would go back to the same stuff. The only thing you really adapted to is deciding to throw like crazy after I threw you several times.

- And to top it all off, you are doing this mostly with your mains, which are the two characters that are the most obnoxious for most players, good or bad, when it comes to trying to fight against that stuff.

Having said all of that, I NEED TO KEEP PLAYING AGAINST THAT SO DON'T STOP! :p

EDIT: And yes you are getting quite good at the butterfly loops.

Well this is quite the insightful post. :p

I don't think I've played anyone here that hasn't said I frustrate them. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I can play more defensively with a greater focus on spacing and being patient but that sort of play bores me. I don't like waiting around. This is what also makes Tekken matches boring for a lot of spectators. High-level play is all about turtling and I hate turtling.

I'm getting back into this after several months of not having played this game very much. I was on a hiatus and played it maybe 2-3 times total before today. So I guess maybe that's why I was sloppy. Or I've always been this way. I'm just happy my throw breaking and butterfly loops is getting better.

iuts8Wwtk9F4C.gif

You think they'll drop it like they dropped Revolution? That poor dude waiting for Yoshimitsu...

That would be pathetic.

lebron_sad_face_thumb_500xauto_94_texans_logo_by_johnnysmoke-d6xbkb3.jpg

I've already resigned to the fact that T7 is just a turbo championship edition of TR. As low as AAK's expectations are, mine are rock bottom. I've already moved on to MKX hype. Both my mains were confirmed early, so I'm set.

T7 has boiled down to: "Yoshi's in = play" or "Not in = don't play". Even then, it's iffy. They could give him the FUBAR treatment or make him better... No expectations are my best bet at this point.

Manbig

Well this is quite the insightful post. :p

I don't think I've played anyone here that hasn't said I frustrate them. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I can play more defensively with a greater focus on spacing and being patient but that sort of play bores me. I don't like waiting around. This is what also makes Tekken matches boring for a lot of spectators. High-level play is all about turtling and I hate turtling.

I'm getting back into this after several months of not having played this game very much. I was on a hiatus and played it maybe 2-3 times total before today. So I guess maybe that's why I was sloppy. Or I've always been this way. I'm just happy my throw breaking and butterfly loops is getting better.

Don't get me wrong here, this isn't some sort of weird intervention or me trying to shit on you or anything like that. The tendencies your play is not surprising for someone that's focused mainly on playing online and never sought out tournament play, especially since it's so effective against anyone that doesn't know how to approach that match up. Usually, when a match up is unfamiliar, people will try to control the match by spacing it out and just trying to get you to whiff something that looks big, but this is incredibly hard to do versus those characters.

- Their low, mid CH launcher tracks fairly well and is no longer launch punishable.

- They both have several guard break strings that either launch or do a lot of damage, so if anyone that slips up and forgets to hold back really quickly after getting hit, and I KNOW that even a lot of good players do this, will eat a ton of damage.

- Anna has a built in low crush in a stance that she can easily transition into, so just about zero timing and execution on required on top of the fact that it ignores the spacing rules of a regular hopkick, since she only reacts when a low's active frames touch her.

- They both have super easy mode pressure with their d/f1 and jab strings. Just about zero thought required to begin pressure with that stuff, and even though a lot of that stuff can be punished hard, or is easily interruptable, you have to have insanely fast reflexes to even be able to do that, otherwise you will just eat a fuckload of damage whenever you try. This is why people always freeze up during all of that shit. That's not something that you can just learn to do during a match, especially when you're gonna die at two wrong guesses. You need a combination of training mode and playing super long sets versus somebody that's abusing stuff to eventually build up the muscle memory to deal with a lot of that shit. This right here is the absolute main thing when it comes to these characters. They absolute tear apart low to mid level players with very little effort because dealing with their basic shit requires not only going through much grief because of missing your timing, but it also requires you to seek out this match up and play versus them nonstop.

What sets you apart from all of the other garbage flowchart Williams players is that you actually have solid reflexes and execution (outside of juggles). You are the ultimate version of the kind of player that anyone that's trying to get really good at Tekken absolutely NEEDS to learn how to surpass. To punish the kind of stuff that you rely on requires some great execution, reflexes, and match up knowledge. This is why I need to keep playing you.

GrayFoxPL

lebron_sad_face_thumb_500xauto_94_texans_logo_by_johnnysmoke-d6xbkb3.jpg

I've already resigned to the fact that T7 is just a turbo championship edition of TR. As low as AAK's expectations are, mine are rock bottom. I've already moved on to MKX hype. Both my mains were confirmed early, so I'm set.

T7 has boiled down to: "Yoshi's in = play" or "Not in = don't play". Even then, it's iffy. They could give him the FUBAR treatment or make him better... No expectations are my best bet at this point.

You guys are cutting my expectations down like drunk samurai peasants in feudal Japan.

Maybe for the better.

Who are your mains in MK?

Mine are generally Johnny Cage + Ninjas but I like many. In MKX especially Kotal, Kano, Kung Lao and Raiden seem awesome.

Xevren

You guys are cutting my expectations down like drunk samurai peasants in feudal Japan.

Maybe for the better.

Who are your mains in MK?

Mine are generally Johnny Cage + Ninjas but I like many. In MKX especially Kotal, Kano, Kung Lao and Raiden seem awesome.

Always been a Reptile / Johnny Cage player and they look great in this. I really want to try a lot of the cast, really excited for MKX.

Pachimari

I never had a main, and the last time I played Mortal Kombat before the 2009 release, was Mortal Kombat III on PS1 I think.

I were sure I were gonna buy it but now I probably won't seing how the online play is region-restricted. Which sucks.

But I would have probably mained Sub-Zero or Ferr/Torr or what it's called.

Tekken 7 seems to become my first fighting game for PS4 after all.

AAK

Oh man, Neherrealm is announcing EVEN MORE new features tomorrow? Sigh.... I really want to feel that for a new 3D game :/

I really liked Rain in MK9.... but since he's dead I might have to go with Sub-Zero because I always thought he looked cool. Quan Chi's gibberish in MK9 was so good that he's on my radar to try out.

But even then, I know I'll play MKX for a little bit and then put it away like I do for every other 2D fighter I buy. Dunno if I'll plunge for a PS4 now just to play it. Please someone announce a new 3D fighter already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom