• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, Neherrealm is announcing EVEN MORE new features tomorrow? Sigh.... I really want to feel that for a new 3D game :/

I really liked Rain in MK9.... but since he's dead I might have to go with Sub-Zero because I always thought he looked cool. Quan Chi's gibberish in MK9 was so good that he's on my radar to try out.

But even then, I know I'll play MKX for a little bit and then put it away like I do for every other 2D fighter I buy. Dunno if I'll plunge for a PS4 now just to play it. Please someone announce a new 3D fighter already.

He's ok according to that Story Mode trailer

I think I've said this before. Roxen is a Tag 2 player. He is born and bread a Tag 2 player and he lacks fundamentals because of it. He goes ham on offense and defense and eventually he's going to catch you and it's going to lead to big damage. You can't really hate his style because the game allows it. You just gotta find a way to stay composed through all the bullshit lol

AAK

Sayah was as good in Tekken 6, definitely not just a TTT2 thing. He would get 20 game win streaks on me in that game LOL.

You guys are cutting my expectations down like drunk samurai peasants in feudal Japan.

Maybe for the better.

Who are your mains in MK?

Mine are generally Johnny Cage + Ninjas but I like many. In MKX especially Kotal, Kano, Kung Lao and Raiden seem awesome.

Raiden for life, with Reptile a close 2nd. Been this way since I played MK1 in arcades. I didn't pick up Reptile until mk3 when they left out Raiden. I enjoyed Ares in Injustice too but I never got too into it.

So Wonkey posted a famitsu article about T7 saying that time release characters are released based on who the fans would like back and that's how Kazumi would have to be added.

Yeah Tekken 7 is mad beta.

DEATH™

So Wonkey posted a famitsu article about T7 saying that time release characters are released based on who the fans would like back and that's how Kazumi would have to be added.

Yeah Tekken 7 is mad beta.

This game is mad rushed confirmed.

I now think the existing chars and supers are recycled assets of TXSF.

sasuke_91

I don't think I've played anyone here that hasn't said I frustrate them. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
Yeah, playing you can be very frustrating, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I want to get used to people who play like you.
My character knowledge is garbage, so I'm free to every little gimmick or frame trap you want to use. I'm not really sure what to do against it either. I want to get good at this game, but the amount of characters I have to learn to play against is frustrating. I'm not really sure how to approach this.

DEATH™;156532699 said:
This game is mad rushed confirmed.

I now think the existing chars and supers are recycled assets of TXSF.

Maybe so maybe so. I think I see what Namco is trying to do and that's mainly test out T7's online update infrastructure. That is mainly why the game seems so barebones outside of system mechanics. Gives hope that there will be more stuff added but i don't think anything besides stages and character will be of note ie. Generic customs and such.

This is also why is seemed so quick to release as well. There was a good minute before TTT2 was released in Arcades but when had T7's beta just a few months after announcement.

Doomshine

Maybe so maybe so. I think I see what Namco is trying to do and that's mainly test out T7's online update infrastructure. That is mainly why the game seems so barebones outside of system mechanics. Gives hope that there will be more stuff added but i don't think anything besides stages and character will be of note ie. Generic customs and such.

This is also why is seemed so quick to release as well. There was a good minute before TTT2 was released in Arcades but when had T7's beta just a few months after announcement.

Yeah, it looks to me like they are treating this launch as a platform or framework that is designed to be regularly updated through the network.

^^ Pretty much. The game's base framework and fighting system is done and they have the game released with Tekken-net functioning countrywide in Japan arcades (and only 1 Korean arcade lol)

And I think the development of the base of the game was done in roughly a year with UE4 if memory serves me right so at this stage all the game needs is content. (Game balancing, characters, stages, modes, customizations, winposes etc.)

Which is all rolling out over time.

over

time.

;_;

GrayFoxPL

Told ya. Revo and T7 are scraps of TxSF.

They'll probably make 3 more games from TxSF concepts they tried over last 5 years, lol.

Now everyone tell Harada to give back Jin and Lee.

CAdH3t-VAAItRhS.png

Jin

Pachimari

Other new information:
- Other ranks: Mighty Ruler, Revered Ruler, Divine Ruler, Warrior, Avenger, Vindicater, Vanquisher, Destroyer, Savior, Conqueror, Genbu, Byakko, Seiryu, Suzaku, Ryujin, Yaksa, Emperor, Tekken Lord, Tekken God, True Tekken God, Eternal Ruler, Fujin, Raijin
- Speculation is, that the girl is a new Chang, probably Julia's daughter.

I'm not a fan of Devil Jin being back, and the designs of the two new characters are eww. To be honest, I think and hope that red Bane is a customization.

Sayah

Don't get me wrong here, this isn't some sort of weird intervention or me trying to shit on you or anything like that. The tendencies your play is not surprising for someone that's focused mainly on playing online and never sought out tournament play, especially since it's so effective against anyone that doesn't know how to approach that match up. Usually, when a match up is unfamiliar, people will try to control the match by spacing it out and just trying to get you to whiff something that looks big, but this is incredibly hard to do versus those characters.

- Their low, mid CH launcher tracks fairly well and is no longer launch punishable.

- They both have several guard break strings that either launch or do a lot of damage, so if anyone that slips up and forgets to hold back really quickly after getting hit, and I KNOW that even a lot of good players do this, will eat a ton of damage.

- Anna has a built in low crush in a stance that she can easily transition into, so just about zero timing and execution on required on top of the fact that it ignores the spacing rules of a regular hopkick, since she only reacts when a low's active frames touch her.

- They both have super easy mode pressure with their d/f1 and jab strings. Just about zero thought required to begin pressure with that stuff, and even though a lot of that stuff can be punished hard, or is easily interruptable, you have to have insanely fast reflexes to even be able to do that, otherwise you will just eat a fuckload of damage whenever you try. This is why people always freeze up during all of that shit. That's not something that you can just learn to do during a match, especially when you're gonna die at two wrong guesses. You need a combination of training mode and playing super long sets versus somebody that's abusing stuff to eventually build up the muscle memory to deal with a lot of that shit. This right here is the absolute main thing when it comes to these characters. They absolute tear apart low to mid level players with very little effort because dealing with their basic shit requires not only going through much grief because of missing your timing, but it also requires you to seek out this match up and play versus them nonstop.

What sets you apart from all of the other garbage flowchart Williams players is that you actually have solid reflexes and execution (outside of juggles). You are the ultimate version of the kind of player that anyone that's trying to get really good at Tekken absolutely NEEDS to learn how to surpass. To punish the kind of stuff that you rely on requires some great execution, reflexes, and match up knowledge. This is why I need to keep playing you.

Well, thanks for the compliments. :)

We can play more if you want to keep experiencing my type of playstyle, haha.

I think I've said this before. Roxen is a Tag 2 player. He is born and bread a Tag 2 player and he lacks fundamentals because of it. He goes ham on offense and defense and eventually he's going to catch you and it's going to lead to big damage. You can't really hate his style because the game allows it. You just gotta find a way to stay composed through all the bullshit lol

I've been playing Tekken since Tekken 3 but only really got in the competitive mindset with Tekken 6. :p

AAK

Asuka customization:

- Some of the borrowed moves from other characters have also been renamed.
- In the Arcade release, you now also have to pay, to get new colors for your clothes.

That custom ain't new brother. It's generic across the entire female cast and another one recycled from TTT2.

Sayah

New girl is looking like a moe-blobed Christie, I don't like the looks of that.

At least it's not another Lucky Chloe. AAK and Manny be boycotting this game for sure if that happened, lol.

While I don't mind this new girl and can tolerate LC, I think the team has done a pretty terrible job with new character designs. To Rhazer's point earlier, all the female cast currently (besides Katarina I guess) are young kawaii girls (Ling, Alisa, Asuka, Lili, Chloe, and now this new girl) and there's a severe current lack of mature women in the roster (i.e. Nina, Anna, Zafina, Julia, etc).

As far as the female cast is concerned, I really wanted a black female character. But at this point, we're not even sure if we'll get a black male character.

I think of character designs in my mind and I can think of really cool stuff. What we have so far (besides Shaheen) is just passable or downright terrible. And I'm usually not even that pessimistic. But this is a real flaw and I hope there is complete re-invention of not just designs themselves but of the entire design mindset with the next Tekken.

AAK

As fan service heavy the character is I don't mind it since she's actually clenching her fist in a fighting stance.

Who knows, maybe Bane is really black under the suit :p

But yeah, here's to hoping for more skin color diversity in the future (assuming more characters are in the pipeline).

Rheon

Ughhh, that new girl's design is the absolute pits. It's so sad that the only new character so far with a decent design is Shaheen.

I too was hoping for a black female character. Kawaii Julia/Michelle is so lame.

Sayah

As fan service heavy the character is I don't mind it since she's actually clenching her fist in a fighting stance.

Who knows, maybe Bane is really black under the suit :p

But yeah, here's to hoping for more skin color diversity in the future (assuming more characters are in the pipeline).

Clenching fist or not. Mittens with buttons in place of clenching fists or whatever else is not something that bothers me actually. Yes, it's a Iron Fist tournament but you can use your potential however possible. Hwoarang is all about the kicks for example and barely even uses his hands. Steve (vice versa).

Mitts on hands also doesn't mean you can't use your elbows or do tackles. Lucky Chloe's designs seems a little consistent with that since she stole Anna's qcf+1 and is heavily oriented with using legs more than her hands (at least from what gameplay I've seen).

This is everything I hate about customizations:

Yeah, I wasn't happy seeing those colors. It is just going to ruin the visual look of this game because there are bound to be people that are going to dress characters in the ugliest way possible.

I don't think I've played anyone here that hasn't said I frustrate them. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Everyone will call me a lunatic, but I actually like fighting Sayah. I think those Williams' battles and beatdowns can be a learning experience that I can "try"(lol) to implement into my own repertoire. If you are frustrating skilled and good Tekken players, you are doing something right I always say. We honestly need more Williams' representation on GAF and in general. Seems rather rare unfortunately. Keep pissing people off.

200.gif

Other new information:
- Other ranks: Mighty Ruler, Revered Ruler, Divine Ruler, Warrior, Avenger, Vindicater, Vanquisher, Destroyer, Savior, Conqueror, Genbu, Byakko, Seiryu, Suzaku, Ryujin, Yaksa, Emperor, Tekken Lord, Tekken God, True Tekken God, Eternal Ruler, Fujin, Raijin
- Speculation is, that the girl is a new Chang, probably Julia's daughter.

I'm not a fan of Devil Jin being back, and the designs of the two new characters are eww. To be honest, I think and hope that red Bane is a customization.

I like the new characters, but how in the world is this even remotely possible? I generally do not care about stories in fighting games, but that wouldn't make a lick of sense unless Tekken 7 happens many years after the events of Tekken 6. Michelle? Maybe. Julia? Why? How? That girl looks over 18 at least.

AAK

Clenching fist or not. Mittens with buttons in place of clenching fists or whatever else is not something that bothers me actually. Yes, it's a Iron Fist tournament but you can use your potential however possible. Hwoarang is all about the kicks for example and barely even uses his hands. Steve (vice versa).

Mitts on hands also doesn't mean you can't use your elbows or do tackles. Lucky Chloe's designs seems a little consistent with that since she stole Anna's qcf+1 and is heavily oriented with using legs more than her hands (at least from what gameplay I've seen).

Yeah, I wasn't happy seeing those colors. It is just going to ruin the visual look of this game because there are bound to be people that are going to dress characters in the ugliest way possible.

Her power crush is a mitten punch, primary d/f+2 launcher uses her mittens, her primary wall okizeme move is something like Marduk's d/b+2 using her mittens, her JF Super Art has her using her mittens, she has to grip the player/floor in all her grabs using those said mittens..

All those things bother the hell out of me! :p

And Tekken 7's customization is continuing to cater to my expectations of exacerbating the obnoxiousness of everything. Good going Namco T-T

Ughhh, that new girl's design is the absolute pits. It's so sad that the only new character so far with a decent design is Shaheen.

I too was hoping for a black female character. Kawaii Julia/Michelle is so lame.

Do you really want to see what kind of sterotype Japan would put on a black female fighter?

Rheon

Do you really want to see what kind of sterotype Japan would put on a black female fighter?

Seeing how Harada treated the development of Shaheen, I'd like to think the Tekken team wouldn't look to bad stereotypes.

And honestly, a bad attempt is better than no attempt whatsoever.

Rheon

Honestly Harada, just give me a cool black female character that looks like Aaliyah. With this outfit from the One In A Million video preferably:

HYTGdHP.png

Numb

Honestly Harada, just give me a cool black female character that looks like Aaliyah. With this outfit from the One In A Million video preferably:

HYTGdHP.png

That is a good idea. We need Aaliyah in one form or another.

I would also like to see someone like Honey Bee from Black Dynamite. Rip off the afro from Tiger and give it to a sassy no nonsense black woman that kicks ass real hard.
Ok now i seriously want a new black fighting woman.

Sayah

Everyone will call me a lunatic, but I actually like fighting Sayah. I think those Williams' battles and beatdowns can be a learning experience that I can "try"(lol) to implement into my own repertoire. If you are frustrating skilled and good Tekken players, you are doing something right I always say. We honestly need more Williams' representation on GAF and in general. Seems rather rare unfortunately. Keep pissing people off.

200.gif
Maybe your opinion differs from others because you also use Williams. Maybe? haha.

But thanks. :)

HYTGdHP.png

This is from some Beyonce video but it's perfect as an intro pose. Back yo tiger up Kazumi.

jun85UJ0Me60o.png

She's as black as Fat Joe da Gangsta claims to be. Not to mention this:

hPzVtqQ.jpg

Also, I think that giant masked new character is Marduk.

Reminds me of this.

beyonce-loreal.bmp

Her power crush is a mitten punch, primary d/f+2 launcher uses her mittens, her primary wall okizeme move is something like Marduk's d/b+2 using her mittens, her JF Super Art has her using her mittens, she has to grip the player/floor in all her grabs using those said mittens..

All those things bother the hell out of me! :p

And Tekken 7's customization is continuing to cater to my expectations of exacerbating the obnoxiousness of everything. Good going Namco T-T

Oh. it's only a few moves. And maybe they're special mittens. :p

I can agree with you that they're exacerbating the obnoxiousness because it's very clear Chloe is going to be the most troll character in the series history after Gon and Dr. B.

sasuke_91

Maaaaan those black -> white transformations are racist as hell.
You all go and ask for a black character. I got my arab character and can die happily. Khalaas!

About the ranks posted earlier: There's still going to green/light blue ranks and Kyus or not? Which means they added quite a few ranks.
Juggernaut looks cool as hell. That's the rank I want to reach someday :p

Pachimari

Okay to be honest, I don't think the designs of Katarina, Claudio or the new girl and red guy are that good or inspiring at all. Feels lazy. But I'm excited about Lucky Chloe and Katarina's fighting styles, were as Shaheen have disappointed me gameplay wise.

There's not the same kind of hype as the one leading up to Tekken 4 and Tag 1&2 to me, but I'm just looking forward to having Tekken on my PlayStation 4 and really trying to learn the mechanics of the game.

I fail every single time.

GrayFoxPL

FUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :DDD

JIN is back and looks badass, even hoodie is back. XDDD

Rejoice all is good in the world now! :D

ibjfBf0qemvOTk.gif

She reminds me of Pai Chan.

Is that the Taekyon girl? Man, I'm getting hyped again :D

Looks like some kind of WTF app. Interesting. And finally Jin!

She could be!

High Five!

Separate still? Oh well my prediction is shit. Looks cool.

His physique screams Marduk.

Manny, am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom