• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

pUYUQDe.png
I have seen Shaheen gameplay and its alright.
But this guy seems like he might be something special.
Looking forward to seeing what he is capable of.

Sayah

Okay to be honest, I don't think the designs of Katarina, Claudio or the new girl and red guy are that good or inspiring at all. Feels lazy. But I'm excited about Lucky Chloe and Katarina's fighting styles, were as Shaheen have disappointed me gameplay wise.

There's not the same kind of hype as the one leading up to Tekken 4 and Tag 1&2 to me, but I'm just looking forward to having Tekken on my PlayStation 4 and really trying to learn the mechanics of the game.

I fail every single time.

Shaheen is pretty disappointing gameplay -wise. I was expecting a lot more.

And why have a sword if you're not gonna use it. Even if the rage art used his sword, I would have been satisfied.

Pachimari

Hmm. Head is too fucking small. Lol.

I thought the same thing when I first saw him. I also imagined Marduk's angry face on there.

And why have a sword if you're not gonna use it. Even if the rage art used his sword, I would have been satisfied.
Exactly.

I wonder if all of the projects going on at Bandai Namco is wearing down the team. Project Tekken had a hand in Smash Bros, and now Pokken, besides just finishing Revolution, and still having TxSF and Tekken 7.

Sayah

Hmm. Head is too fucking small. Lol.

Why'd you have to do this to me?
Can't un-see now.

The back shoulder muscles are as big as his head. Uggggggh... Namco needs to replace existing staff that designs characters because they are doing quite the terrible job.

I wonder if all of the projects going on at Bandai Namco is wearing down the team. Project Tekken had a hand in Smash Bros, and now Pokken, besides just finishing Revolution, and still having TxSF and Tekken 7.

That's exactly what I've expressed concern about before. They are taking on all these projects. And I'd much rather have quality over quantity. But quantity seems to be the focus at the current juncture.

GrayFoxPL

Then he'd look like POP ripoff. He doesn't look fantastic gameplay wise but not bad either.

Let's limit weapons to Yoshi(Kuni almost doesn't use the dagger).

But it would be interesting to see good weapon fighter that isn't Soul Calibur.

Edit:

People say this red guy might be BIO-Jack.

That'd be something.

Sayah

So putting my hype for Tekken 7 aside, this is my overall summary of what the game is doing right and wrong.

What Tekken 7 is doing right:
-The staff working on stages is doing an amazing job. Every stage is breathtaking. No footprints in the snow stage still, though, so hoping they update that soon.

-Beautiful graphics, hit effects, and particle effects.

-Left/Right side camera trick is excellent idea.

-Slow motion K.O. is great for those clutch moments.

What Tekken 7 is doing wrong:

-Mostly terrible music so far. The transition of music between rounds is also a bad idea. Quality of music > Quantity of music.

-New character designs possibly the most bland the series has yet seen. Shaheen is the only outstanding design.

-Repeat use of same designs since Tekken 5 for most returning characters.

-Tekken 7 is not substantially evolutionary. Despite being the new game, Tekken 7 won't match Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as far as gameplay depth goes.There is nothing that substantially alters the formula from Tekken 6.

-Most rage arts look like a bunch of moves stringed together.

So really, the stage development team is the one putting in real work. The rest are doing quite the ho-hum job for a new sequel and their imagination and creativity is really down the gutter.

Despite all this, I'm REALLY excited for this game. 1v1 Tekken is something I very much want to go back to. Though, if Tekken 7 ends up sucking, I will always have TTT2 to go back to.

Sayah

Then he'd look like POP ripoff. He doesn't look fantastic gameplay wise but not bad either.

Let's limit weapons to Yoshi(Kuni almost doesn't use the dagger).

But it would be interesting to see good weapon fighter that isn't Soul Calibur.

Edit:

People say this red guy might be BIO-Jack.

That'd be something.

Well, Shaheen's playstyle isn't terrible by any means. It's just not what I expected it to be.

So putting my hype for Tekken 7 aside, this is my overall summary of what the game is doing right and wrong.

What Tekken 7 is doing right:

What Tekken 7 is doing wrong:

So really, the team's stage development team is the one putting in real work. The rest are doing quite the ho-hum job for a new sequel.

Despite all this, I'm REALLY excited for this game. 1v1 Tekken is something I very much want to go back to. Though, if Tekken 7 ends up sucking, I will always have TTT2 to go back to.

Even though they haven't done this with T6 when TTT2 was released, I really see them removing online functionality for TTT2 once T7 is out for consoles.

Manbig

His physique screams Marduk.

Manny, am I right?

Yep. Or a new Jack. Looks dumb as hell though.

As far as fighting styles go, I don't mind Lucky Chloe's concept. Attacking while doing some b-girl moves kind of reminds me of Zack from the original American Power Rangers. Using dancing moves for a fighting style isn't the stupidest thing either (sup Capos), but I just cannot get behind that visual character design, or the fact that Tekken Team will obviously use that as excuse to give her a shitload of crush moves that will MAYBE (probably) be annoying to deal with.

Sayah

Yep. Or a new Jack. Looks dumb as hell though.

As far as fighting styles go, I don't mind Lucky Chloe's concept. Attacking while doing some b-girl moves kind of reminds me of Zack from the original American Power Rangers. Using dancing moves for a fighting style isn't the stupidest thing either (sup Capos), but I just cannot get behind that visual character design, or the fact that Tekken Team will obviously use that as excuse to give her a shitload of crush moves that will MAYBE (probably) be annoying to deal with.

Well, basing off the recent screenshots we have of the color customization options, you're gonna be seeing stuff a lot more worse than Chloe's default design. lol.

Sayah

That's a tekken picture? It looks like a Bane ripoff. I hope that is not the new Jack. Looks dumb.

This is the reason for my rise in negativity. After seeing the new leaked designs, I am not very happy with whatever team is responsible for designing characters. It's all just so bland.

Pachimari

This is the reason for my rise in negativity. After seeing the new leaked designs, I am not very happy with whatever team is responsible for designing characters. It's all just so bland.

I'm feeling the same way.
I don't like the red dude at all, and I don't like the new girl either. So bland. Just bland. bland.

GrayFoxPL

That's a tekken picture? It looks like a Bane ripoff. I hope that is not the new Jack. Looks dumb.

I think it's just Marduk costume like the one Dragunov gets.

They are heavy into SM this time.

Jin's and that girl's costume can also be custom.

Yeah, I was not expecting cartwheels and flips. I was expecting a hard, power-hitting character. Military style would have been appropriate.

I was expecting/hoping for "The Raid" Silat ripoff.

AAK

I initially thought Steve and Feng were boring designs when their art was first revealed. But I did warm up to them once I saw them in action. Hopefully these new people could invoke that feeling when we see gameplay.

That guy looks like a Marduk / Jack Hybrid.

Marjack?
Jackduk?
Jarduk?

IDK. Anyway, what if something terrible happened to both characters, and Dr Abel or some other freak scientist merged them together into some kind of freakshow hybrid.

Sounds dumb, but imagine a character with the best of both movesets:

Jack's df2
Jack's debugger
Jacks db1
Marduk's VTS
Marduk's d3 (or was it d4)
etc (sorry I don't know Marduk's best moves off hand)

GrayFoxPL

I think it's a continuation of T5 story where Marduk forcefully took Anna. Realized they are into hardcore wacky stuff Anna turned into bondage queen and mistress and Marduk is her pet, slave and boy toy.

"I'm your boy toy!" "Boooy toooy!"

Sayah

I think it's a continuation of T5 story where Marduk forcefully took Anna. Realized they are into hardcore wacky stuff Anna turned into bondage queen and mistress and Marduk is her pet, slave and boy toy.

LOLOLOLOL

Gambit61

Maaaaan those black -> white transformations are racist as hell.
You all go and ask for a black character. I got my arab character and can die happily. Khalaas!

About the ranks posted earlier: There's still going to green/light blue ranks and Kyus or not? Which means they added quite a few ranks.
Juggernaut looks cool as hell. That's the rank I want to reach someday :p

Get outta my head. Hopefully I'll reach Hulk rank in the future.

Gonna try and not go 2-2 this year in Tekken @ Final Round. Also gonna post my Tekken 7 impressions in this thread. Like ZTS if anyone has anything they want me to try out, lemme know.

Do you really want to see what kind of sterotype Japan would put on a black female fighter?

Honestly, I don't think they would do too bad on her. Look at how Bruce, Raven, Eddy and Christie came out. I say they did a good job on all of them. Sega's Jeffrey and Vanessa(yeah, yeah, I know she is a tad lighter, etc) from Virtua Fighter are good also. Elena from Street Fighter also. We can't forget Lisa from Dead Or Alive. Grace in Fighting Vipers was the first I think.

She's as black as Fat Joe da Gangsta claims to be. Not to mention this:

hPzVtqQ.jpg

Just because Vanessa received brighter skin doesn't make her any less black. Look at some famous black celebrities who mysteriously became brighter. They are still considered to be black though.

LOL

Sayah

Good to hear anything is possible for the game.
Lets hope he acts upon it.

Yeah, I'm a little relieved actually. Let's dump all four of these designs. Give Jin some better clothes and create new exciting characters with some actually good designs.

Numb

Yeah, I'm a little relieved actually. Let's dump all four of these designs. Give Jin some better clothes and create new exciting characters with some actually good designs.

Yeah i like the new guys but not enough to have them over returning favs.
Jinpachi.
The girl seems like Julia to me and i can decide if the big red guy is hype or not when i see his gameplay, his design on the other hand is meh. Netherealm character maybe

sasuke_91

All of these new characters need to get out of the way of the only character we need in Tekken 7
NO! Even as a joke... NO! We don't need any more generic Anime Bi-Shounen in Tekken! >_<

As Harada said, the characters are not final. They have to give Jin his Panda-costume first. It's what everyone has been asking for.

Numb

NO! Even as a joke... NO! We don't need any more generic Anime Bi-Shounen in Tekken! >_<

As Harada said, the characters are not final. They have to give Jin his Panda-costume first. It's what everyone has been asking for.

That comes after the fat fluffy Ling costume.
Seriously i hope they use their resources well since the roster is so short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom