• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manbig

Gameplay wise, Tekken 7 is looking smooth as hell to me. I really love that slow mo camera so much. Best new addition in the game IMO.

I just hope that it feels as good as it looks.

Sayah

Gameplay wise, Tekken 7 is looking smooth as hell to me. I really love that slow mo camera so much. Best new addition in the game IMO.

I just hope that it feels as good as it looks.

Seems like your only gripe with it is Chloe.

Aris interviewed Harada and Harada said he expected that reaction from the North American crowd, lol.

Something along the lines of this character being created for the Asian market where designs like this are more popular.

Manbig

Seems like your only gripe with it is Chloe.

Aris interviewed Harada and Harada said he expected that reaction from the North American crowd, lol.

Something along the lines of this character being created for the Asian market where designs like this are more popular.

It was my only major complaint from the getgo. A lot other things that always annoyed me appear to still be there, but I would have to have some hands on time to see if stuff like getting clipped while trying to backdash due to auto guard removal is still there.

Basically, there's a pretty good chance that a lot that has pissed me off about Tekken since 6 will still be there, but at the very least it is not incredibly amplified by the added damage and unpredictability of the tag system.

Still won't spend a penny on it if I don't see Marduk in the roster though.

1FyYudL.gif

Sayah

It was my only major complaint from the getgo. A lot other things that always annoyed me appear to still be there, but I would have to have some hands on time to see if stuff like getting clipped while trying to backdash due to auto guard removal is still there.

Basically, there's a pretty good chance that a lot that has pissed me off about Tekken since 6 will still be there, but at the very least it is not incredibly amplified by the added damage and unpredictability of the tag system.

Still won't spend a penny on it if I don't see Marduk in the roster though.
0_0
You will buy it used though right?

Also, if I had to choose returning characters, Marduk would definitely be in the list. Way too unique of a character to let go.

My Baek was getting props from other Baek players. Twas dope. I don't like too many Baek players since I don't think a lot of them play him right. Saw a lot of good baek today. Too bad I'm not gonna be actively practicing the game anymore

lupinko

Hey I took up tekken 7 today, my Katarina went 2-5 today, 5 matches local, 2 online. Any tips? I just started, also there's no T7 thread so hence why I'm posting here. The banapass can store all the characters unlike the old T5 cards, which is nice. I've tried out a bit of Shaheen too, but today was the first time I got a banapass. I like both characters, Lucky Chloe can diaf.

Sayah

Hey I took up tekken 7 today, my Katarina went 2-5 today, 5 matches local, 2 online. Any tips? I just started, also there's no T7 thread so hence why I'm posting here. The banapass can store all the characters unlike the old T5 cards, which is nice. I've tried out a bit of Shaheen too, but today was the first time I got a banapass. I like both characters, Lucky Chloe can diaf.

Oh nice. Can't really offer any tips with Katarina since I don't know any of her inputs or command list. :(
But good luck.

I've just never seen the Yoshi flash hit from back turned. I guess since they were near the wall... I know that hitboxes on some moves get "fatter" when near the wall, so that must be it.

Heh. Just figured the BT flash was a myth, since I've never seen it hit anyone before. Figured I'd see it from JFJ, lol. That guy has all the Yoshi tech.

Hope he gets top 3 today.

So.... Unknown huh?

Suddenly I'm interested. Thanks Waygamble.

Never thought you could use the pillars like that to hide gimmicks. Seems perfect for Yoshi.

Manbig

Don't worry guys. Inkog was just the better player for today. Tournament results don't matter, so Speedkicks is still top 5.

lupinko

Oh nice. Can't really offer any tips with Katarina since I don't know any of her inputs or command list. :(
But good luck.

Thanks! She's pretty easy mode right now. Lol

Her df+3,df+3 I think is pretty nice since it hits mid and the follow up is a sweep. So it trolls many new players. I have to learn how to customize my characters, I think it's done on tekken.net. Maybe TekkenGAF can help me customize Kat and later Shaheen for me. Loool

Movement is more loose compared to TTTT, so I guess like Revo? The game has been dumbed down for a newer audience like SF4 but is still going to be tough later on like SF4.

Also the game looks fantastic, my only gripe are the inconsistent loading times. Tekkens on PSX loaded faster than this.

So yeah Shaheen would be nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom