• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

Thanks, anybody got that anti-Nina tech though? Maybe bears too?

I have nothing for nina, you gotta know her strings. If guy abuses df+1 and ss+1 then just block high, otherwise I'd crouch jab and fish for mid counter hits against Nina until dude starts abusing low crushes.

Bears, just don't stand still against bear stance d+1+2 (head rush) on ch gives guaranteed df+2 uppercut launcher and the damage is huge. Sidestep or at least jump on bear stance so at least it'll ruin their launchers.

Manbig

Not sure what you are referring to here.

There's a Kazama move where they move forward while spinning around and hit you with what either looks like a short elbow, or their shoulder. It's a CH launcher. You can cancel it into crouch.

Yo just lost against elite 2-1, I got crazy sloppy lol. Imma make it up though in losers. I'm 1-1

Yeah that guy is very annoying to fight against. I remember one of the two Tekken 6 tournaments that I went to back in the day, I beat him down by abusing Dragunov's b4,2,1 and he seemed to take the loss pretty hard. He walked away from me when I tried to explain him what to do in that situation.

In the time since then he has become a much better player and usually fucks me up pretty bad whenever I run into him online in Tag 2.

If I jump into Tekken 7, I'm already making it my mission to absolutely fuck that guy and his Kazama gimmicks up.

AAK

All this talk about random stuff But they still refuse to acknowledge how Tekken 7 has no new mechanic that forces you to play differently.

I still see little reason to play T7 over a TTT2 solo mode. There is nothing new with easy throw breaks, gimped okizeme, and ultra's.

I asked MarkMan to relay it to Harada but he ignored my tweet.

GrayFoxPL

Lol Aris thought they gonna do time release every week.

"They gotta right? Because it would take so many months to complete the game with the roster."

Then it became awkward(Markman gave "the look"?) and Aris changed to "Maybe 1 a month."

Lol.

DEATH™

All this talk about random stuff But they still refuse to acknowledge how Tekken 7 has no new mechanic that forces you to play differently.

I still see little reason to play T7 over a TTT2 solo mode. There is nothing new with easy throw breaks, gimped okizeme, and ultra's.

That isn't the goal... The goal is to get new players... That's why we get simplified oki, easier throwbreaks, ragearts/power crushes and the likes.

I understand and I'm with you. So far TTT2 is still the superior game over T7 and it seems like it will get old really quick once the new car smell wears off. But I see their logic and they went for the gamble.

I'm just here to see if it pays off...

GrayFoxPL

There is one key change I noticed early in loctests and Aris and Markman just talked about it. That trades are counter hits. Meaning that now you want to trade your strong ch launchers with some weak pokes. Where earlier you were just stopped dead and didn't gain anything from the risk now you have chance for big combo. That's the big change in T7 system.

AAK

new mechanics != more complexity

Even if there are no new mechanics, the characters are barely updated. Everything that works in TTT2 work in T7. The balcony break, wall break, floor breaks, gravity, is all the same. You can still update all those and make the game easier to at least give the impression that we're playing a new game.

And this coming before I complain about how There's no new art and animations. Numbatista put it really well, if you simply have the game on audio and close your eyes, you can't even tell if the game being played is T7 or TTT2.

There is one key change I noticed early in loctests and Aris and Markman just talked about it. That trades are counter hits. Meaning that now you want to trade your strong ch launchers with some weak pokes. Where earlier you were just stopped dead and didn't gain anything from the risk now you have chance for big combo. That's the big change in T7 system.

A tweak is not a new mechanic. It might change matchups and balance, but that doesn't change the way you play the game at all.

GrayFoxPL

A tweak is not a new mechanic. It might change matchups and balance, but that doesn't change the way you play the game at all.

It doesn't change at all?

Now that Kaz can trade his df+2 with pokes into full combo? Or Steve ducking f+2 or df+2? That doesn't change anything about way of playing the game? There can be literally hundreds examples of situations where earlier character gained almost nothing from trade now has a potential for big comeback or domination.

Earlier basically Mishimas had that comfort of trading electric with pokes for combo, now every character potentially can with their equally fast ch launcher like Steve's b+1.

You know how critical I am with T7 but I can't deny this is actual change in how the game is played. Not some nonsense RageArts or Power crushes. CH trades it's what will change hundreds of these little situations that been the same for years.

Dereck

Good job James

wX93Cf0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom