• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

The difference between Jimmy and Inkog is that Inkog is far more willing to go hard on his reads than Jimmy is. On a player like JDCR who leaves so few holes in his game Inkog was able to exploit the holes more effectively. Jimmy kinda tries to out solid JDCR but the big difference is JDCR has WGF so he will always have the wiff punishment advantage. You're just fighting a losing battle in the long run.
Agree 100%

sasuke_91

Just watched the rest of the archive of Top 8. I don't know about you guys, but for me Inkog's matches were the hypest in the whole tournament and not only because he got to Grand Finals and almost reset the brackets against JDCR.

CSX

Kinda good and lame at the same time, it explains the awful load times. Not just consoles have turned into PCs, but arcade too!

:/
The loading times are probably due to how they connect to each other. Its no longer two machines side by side connected but all available machines in the same building can play against each other via a common hub (which I'm guessing is the arcade's router).

Numb

I thought JDCR was gonna stomp on everyone but Inkog managed to prove me wrong.
He was coming from the KIT win and was feeling it so he was extra prepared. Mad props to him.

GrayFoxPL

The loading times are probably due to how they connect to each other. Its no longer two machines side by side connected but all available machines in the same building can play against each other via a common hub (which I'm guessing is the arcade's router).

It's lame that arcade machines beside aren't linked but everything connects online via routers. Thus "offline lag" reports. That setup must be really cheap if they are using online for 2 arcades standing beside.

lupinko

Well it also takes time to load when you choose to play local, sometimes it takes time to load Kazumi. It makes me think that the machine froze or something.

All my matches today were all netplay.

The great sword is so random. Lol

Doomshine

Still one of the best things to come out of Final Round this year

WhisperedNegligibleAdamsstaghornedbeetle.gif

Dereck

I'm just still amused at this notion that Speedkicks deserves a top 5 spot when he has continually proven to have almost zero clutch in high pressure situations. His stupid comments on the subject further amplifies my distaste for it all. If you can only perform at your best when there are no stakes, then why should anyone give a fuck? That's some online player mentality right there and he needs to shake that shit the fuck off and develop that clutch so he can take it to the next level.
p6qgcyJ.gif

This image speaks for itself man, Speedkicks, top nothing in America

CAvtUgcUkAA2ErH.jpg

Dat US PSN flash sale! I bought 20$ Psn card and bought like 24 games for 21$. I just don't have any hdd space left. XD.

Yep, Sony is stepping up their sales game and thanks to that I've bought 4 amazing games.
YIKj2mP.png

Even though I do have the Mega Man X collection on PS2, I need to have every available Mega Man X games on every available console I own.

Dereck

If Final Round was gonna be on YouTube (rummaging through twitch archives is tedious), what channel would it most likely be on in the future?

sasuke_91

Dat US PSN flash sale! I bought 20$ Psn card and bought like 24 games for 21$. I just don't have any hdd space left. XD.
US always gets those great sales. In Germany we don't even get all PS+ games. I remember being hyped for Sleeping Dogs back then, but noope... Germany got a replacement... no Uncut games for us plebs.

By the way (since we're already Off-topic) Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae has such a great Opening Theme. Kind of reminds me of Dearly Beloved but don't ask why.

GrayFoxPL

US always gets those great sales. In Germany we don't even get all PS+ games. I remember being hyped for Sleeping Dogs back then, but noope... Germany got a replacement... no Uncut games for us plebs.

By the way (since we're already Off-topic) Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae has such a great Opening Theme. Kind of reminds me of Dearly Beloved but don't ask why.

Yeah Germany and Australia has maniac censors.

I even got that Tekken 2, finally ntsc 60fps.

Btw you got PS4 right? Can you use the same psn account as PS3 one?

I gotta finally buy PS4 this week, for FFXV, Bloodborne and MKX among others.

Is that update with option for remaping buttons live yet?

sasuke_91

Yeah Germany and Australia has maniac censors.

I even got that Tekken 2, finally ntsc 60fps.

Btw you got PS4 right? Can you use the same psn account as PS3 one?

I gotta finally buy PS4 this week, for FFXV, Bloodborne and MKX among others.

Is that update with option for remaping buttons live yet?
I don't have one. I'm just a poor student D:

But I'll get one as soon as I can afford it. And yeah, you can use the same account as PS3.

Dereck

If you're getting a PS4 and Bloodborne add me my PSN is legsock, I've added you before but it was useless since our connection in Tekken was actually worse than my connection with sasuke.

GrayFoxPL

That sounds like some responsible decision making.

I just didn't want to buy it when nothing interesting for me was out on it. "Oh I have a PS4, it's collecting dust!"

And I have the huge backlog. I'm playing on PS3 all the time.

I don't have one. I'm just a poor student D:

But I'll get one as soon as I can afford it. And yeah, you can use the same account as PS3.

All this time I thought you had it somehow.

Thanks for the info.

Dereck

I wasn't being sarcastic, not sure if you could tell.

I bought a PS4 day one, I would never recommend that anyone to do that.

But yeah, add me

GrayFoxPL

I wasn't being sarcastic, not sure if you could tell.

I bought a PS4 day one, I would never recommend that anyone to do that.

But yeah, add me

No, I know you weren't. :)

I'll add you, wait didn't I? Ah you changed accounts, now I remember.

I bought PS3 and 360 day 1, there was almost nothing to play, lol.

I have still so much fun with PS3, I'm not bitching about the graphics, still great for me. Zillion of games too.

But I'm seeing developers switching to PS4ONE more and more and if old gen gets a port it's very poor and sloppy. So yeah I still will be playing on PS3 the most but slowly I gotta make this transition.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Thanks for coming to Final Round/tuning in to the stream. Sorry about losing my voice. I didn't save it because I was doing so much yelling from the hype/stuff going on.

Fuck you for complaining. <3

Not sure if I posted it here. But I have T7 with me and will be bringing it to future events. If you want to your event to be considered, send some feedback: http://sdtekken.com/tekken-7-tour/

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Also I didn't ignore tweets/comments. There were just a lot. I was multi-tasking between work stuff and tekken stuff.

Sayah

Thanks for coming to Final Round/tuning in to the stream. Sorry about losing my voice. I didn't save it because I was doing so much yelling from the hype/stuff going on.

Not sure if I posted it here. But I have T7 with me and will be bringing it to future events. If you want to your event to be considered, send some feedback: http://sdtekken.com/tekken-7-tour/
Lucky man.
BRING IT TO NYC!!!!!!!!

av2k

I hear about how Speed Kicks acts like he's a top player but never really accomplishes anything, can someone link me to posts or video of him exhibiting this behavior? Just genuinely curious, don't know much about the new strong players. Though I did meet Incognito, cool guy.

Mark I'm working on putting together a "King of Upstate" tournament at the moment. How big do I have to make this thing to bring Tekken 7 to Upstate for my people? I can travel where ever to play Tekken 7 if it ends up on the EC but I'm more interested in getting people like Ofdp, Phunnykidd, and PolishMafia, people who can't travel much anymore a chance to play. Tell me what I have to do. Currently the plan is that's going to have a 10 man invitational round robin Tekken tournament, a regular Tekken tournament, Ultra, Smash, and all the other essential FGC games.

sasuke_91

I've added you before but it was useless since our connection in Tekken was actually worse than my connection with sasuke.

If our connection was any worse it would be a game of guessing moves and the game would become more of an RTS game than a fighting game :p

Wait you're called Dereck now? If it's okay I'll just continue to refer to you as boutdown o_O
Seriously, I'm not even a Naruto fan anymore but Sasuke became something like my "internet name". I could never bring myself to change it.

I have still so much fun with PS3, I'm not bitching about the graphics, still great for me. Zillion of games too.

But I'm seeing developers switching to PS4ONE more and more and if old gen gets a port it's very poor and sloppy. So yeah I still will be playing on PS3 the most but slowly I gotta make this transition.

I also have a huge backlog on PS3. I'm currently playing Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and will buy KH 2.5 after that. Dark Souls, Catherine and maany many other games are also waiting for me...

That stupid motherfuckers or smth pop off after Harada left was hilarious.

Mark, didn't you roll eyes on some of the Harada's comments?

People in the Final Round thread were okay with his answer, they even said it was a very good answer and people shouldn't criticize him for it.

GrayFoxPL

I hear about how Speed Kicks acts like he's a top player but never really accomplishes anything, can someone link me to posts or video of him exhibiting this behavior? Just genuinely curious, don't know much about the new strong players. Though I did meet Incognito, cool guy.

I only seen him bitching on other players on his stream and disliked him after that. He has skills and knowledge but the biggest thing he has it's his ego. Noticed everyone is pointing it to him lately. Politely even.

GrayFoxPL

If our connection was any worse it would be a game of guessing moves and the game would become more of an RTS game than a fighting game :p

Wait you're called Dereck now? If it's okay I'll just continue to refer to you as boutdown o_O
Seriously, I'm not even a Naruto fan anymore but Sasuke became something like my "internet name". I could never bring myself to change it.

I also have a huge backlog on PS3. I'm currently playing Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and will buy KH 2.5 after that. Dark Souls, Catherine and maany many other games are also waiting for me...

People in the Final Round thread were okay with his answer, they even said it was a very good answer and people shouldn't criticize him for it.

Oh yeah Boutdown transformed. Gotta be hard to adjust at first.

You don't change, I already don't know who's who when people change avatars.

Yeah that backlog. I didn't buy Dark Souls because I'm barely in the beginning of Demon's Souls from psn.

Btw I saw you playing Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. Is this from PS+? Because I had that version but didn't play it for months and when I tried to play it again info poped that the game is unavailable anymore for your account or it timed out for account, basically "You can't play this." something like that. So I deleted it

At first I thought they started to limit "life time" of ps+ games even to subscribers but it's only that game that acted like this so maybe just data error.

Edit: That black comment. We're laughing because multicultural Tekken without Black characters is somewhat less multicultural. And we know that there's no Black characters in T7 because they had not the time to put everyone back in this rushed game not because they became racist. So Harada instead of admitting that just: "We didn't have time to put those missing characters yet" he comes out with: "What's black anymore, right? Everyone is mixed." Lol. That's why this is so funny.
Why not just admitting the obvious. No one will burn him for little honesty.

What a terrible terrible anime that was.

Sayah is based off another language. I don't want to use roxen either though. Need to be a little creative and think of something better.

What did you enter Apex as? DarkPaladin or something? Don't do that either lol. I shouldn't be giving advice for names since unfortunately I'm stuck with mine & it sucks.

Manbig

What a terrible terrible anime that was.

Sayah is based off another language. I don't want to use roxen either though. Need to be a little creative and think of something better.

Change it to RIP Anna. :D

@Boutdown: Why you gotta have the same name as Devil Himself? :mad:

It's mostly been in twitch stream chats. His dumb tournament comments are in an old KTR thread on facebook. No idea how to dig that up.

sasuke_91

Btw I saw you playing Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. Is this from PS+? Because I had that version but didn't play it for months and when I tried to play it again info poped that the game is unavailable anymore for your account or it timed out for account, basically "You can't play this." something like that. So I deleted it

At first I thought they started to limit "life time" of ps+ games even to subscribers but it's only that game that acted like this so maybe just data error.

It's the PS+ version. It normally says that you can't play after a year or so when the "expiration date" is reached. Had this happen for a few games. You have to sign in with the account that bought the game and stay logged in in PSN while starting the game.

Not a dig at Bout.
He's called Dereck now! Bout is no more :p

I'll only change my avatar when I feel like it. The name will stay... forever.

Manbig

Why does that guy get such a bad rap? Was he the one that had beef with Renikon way back?

I don't know anything about him and Reno. Reno joined the scene after Tekken 6 arcade came out and Devil Himself was around for 5.0/DR. He's not a particularly bad person. He's just kind of a weirdo.

Okay... He's REALLY a weirdo.

It can really put some people off sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom