• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I've been playing a ton of Lucky Chloe and Katarina. Lucky Chloe is way cooler than I ever thought she'd be. So much stuff (I can get super technical) that is fun on the offensive side.

Also, great news. Harada-san just confirmed I can help create content/stream some TEKKEN 7 stuff. So expect some stuff once I get back from EU and NCR.

Cheers.

DEATH™

I've been playing a ton of Lucky Chloe and Katarina. Lucky Chloe is way cooler than I ever thought she'd be. So much stuff (I can get super technical) that is fun on the offensive side.

Also, great news. Harada-san just confirmed I can help create content/stream some TEKKEN 7 stuff. So expect some stuff once I get back from EU and NCR.

Cheers.

Can we ask you about character changes? :p

(Seriously, nobody so far used King's ffn2. The the tralier showed he got a new lariat followup with it.)

GrayFoxPL

DEATH™;157428571 said:

(Seriously, nobody so far used King's ffn2. The the tralier showed he got a new lariat followup with it.)

Hopefully it's not ch auto follow up. That would be a big nerf since ff,n,2 ch guaranteed uf+4 and combo in tag2.

DEATH™

Hopefully it's not ch auto follow up. That would be a big nerf since ff,n,2 ch guaranteed uf+4 and combo in tag2.

Really? I thought CH ffn2 is a breakable stun (nnothing guaranteed). If thats guaranteed, King becomes legit top tier with wavedash.

I might test this out later tonight

DEATH™;157436383 said:
Really? I thought CH ffn2 is a breakable stun (nnothing guaranteed). If thats guaranteed, King becomes legit top tier with wavedash.

I might test this out later tonight

Yep it's 100% breakable.

Dereck

ikRLOjngLS8Bb.jpeg
Ewww

Not all characters should have anime fanart

DEATH™

As long as he has that booty input for his wavedash, I don't think that it really means anything for it.

Why? The input aint bad. It's just a no neutral crouchdash. The problem is only few people bother practicing it.

Once at Strongstyle, Inkog saw me doing it on a match and he immediately told me I should be doing broke sh*t with it.

Manbig

DEATH™;157453381 said:
Why? The input aint bad. It's just a no neutral crouchdash. The problem is only few people bother practicing it.

Once at Strongstyle, Inkog saw me doing it on a match and he immediately told me I should be doing broke sh*t with it.

When looking at threatening with wavedash, it's not just about the moves with the built in inputs out of them. It's about the ability to unlock a huge amount of your arsenal on top of threatening with your moves out of the neutral game. Having the ability to add moves out of f,f, out of CD, and out of iWS, on top of being able to cancel to standing instantly and doing what you want from there, and even giving those moves a slight window of realignment due to the dash, is what really makes wavedashing dangerous.

And that's all relatively easy to do with a standard wavedash input. King's input on the other hand, will, more often than not, get you killed for constant dropped inputs. Sure, Triple H has had his moments randomly busting that out, but until I start seeing King players do some real damage with it on a consistent basis, I'm not buying into it working out with that stupid input.

DEATH™

When looking at threatening with wavedash, it's not just about the moves with the built in inputs out of them. It's about the ability to unlock a huge amount of your arsenal on top of threatening with your moves out of the neutral game. Having the ability to add moves out of f,f, out of CD, and out of iWS, on top of being able to cancel to standing instantly and doing what you want from there, and even giving those moves a slight window of realignment due to the dash, is what really makes wavedashing dangerous.

And that's all relatively easy to do with a standard wavedash input. King's input on the other hand, will, more often than not, get you killed for constant dropped inputs. Sure, Triple H has had his moments randomly busting that out, but until I start seeing King players do some real damage with it on a consistent basis, I'm not buying into it working out with that stupid input.

Which the frustrating thing about it is, again, nobody bothers practicing it.

This is why I do my best in my available resources to tell people to bother practicing it. Currently, I am one of the only few people who can do King wavedash consistently and know how it actually work. Triple H can do it only on one side. The only top player who does it so far consistently is Majin but it isn't his game. I am pushing for Kayyal to pick stick because of this.

Which comes to my biggest regret, I wish I started playing competitively younger. Its frustrating to know I just need a few tweaks in my game and more play time to break out, yet I also realize beforehand that my time is closing. Seeing Tray make that huge break just cemented that feeling on me. I came to realize that I need to pass on the baton and spread what I learned to others instead.

(But at the same time, I won't let that regret get on me. I have done the things I could have done as a Tekken player. Other doors opened for me, and I have played probably the last best tekken game in one of the greatest tekken tourneys, all made possible out of passionate Tekken players.)

sorry for the emo rant lol.

DEATH™;157457641 said:

This is why I do my best in my available resources to tell people to bother practicing it. Currently, I am one of the only few people who can do King wavedash consistently and know how it actually work. Triple H can do it only on one side. The only top player who does it so far consistently is Majin but it isn't his game. I am pushing for Kayyal to pick stick because of this.

Which comes to my biggest regret, I wish I started playing competitively younger. Its frustrating to know I just need a few tweaks in my game and more play time to break out, yet I also realize beforehand that my time is closing. Seeing Tray make that huge break just cemented that feeling on me. I came to realize that I need to pass on the baton and spread what I learned to others instead.

(But at the same time, I won't let that regret get on me. I have done the things I could have done as a Tekken player. Other doors opened for me, and I have played probably the last best tekken game in one of the greatest tekken tourneys, all made possible out of passionate Tekken players.)

King has been my 2nd favorite character since the beginning, yet I hardly play him in Tag because I'm a scrub and prefer the raw damage potential of AO. Yet, I'd love to learn how to King WD. I've looked it up on various sources, but they all have different ways of doing it.

Since the main resource (TZ) is down for database maint, can you give a short rundown on your method for King WD? Thanks.

Oh and BTW, don't let anyone tell you about being too old. I'm almost as old as Valle and I still play/have interest. I think Kodee is up there in age too, yet he's still a major player in the game. Kesh (SeattleTekken) is 40+ himself and still plays with his crew as well.

sasuke_91

@DEATH: How old are you? I wish I started playing Tekken when it was still big in Germany. I heard that when Damagermany in Frankfurt (which is only a few kilometers away from where I live. The tournament was actually held at the university where I go studying every single day) was still a thing, people from all over Europe came to compete.
I would also be a way better Tekken player. After playing in a somewhat competitive way Online for a year and having experienced the joy of playing Tekken with more than just one person Offline... man, I wish I started earlier :p

DEATH™

King has been my 2nd favorite character since the beginning, yet I hardly play him in Tag because I'm a scrub and prefer the raw damage potential of AO. Yet, I'd love to learn how to King WD. I've looked it up on various sources, but they all have different ways of doing it.

Since the main resource (TZ) is down for database maint, can you give a short rundown on your method for King WD? Thanks.

Oh and BTW, don't let anyone tell you about being too old. I'm almost as old as Valle and I still play/have interest. I think Kodee is up there in age too, yet he's still a major player in the game. Kesh (SeattleTekken) is 40+ himself and still plays with his crew as well.

The wiki is still alive and kicking though.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2/King's_Wavedash

Tried to address the many notation myths on King's wavedash. I seriously wish I can put this on video form. It's a no neutral cd notation,similar to shoryuken input.

Also, part of it is being old, but greater part of it is just life in general. Currently, it's not ideal for me to play competitively due to budget, family and time reasons. Even trying to meetup with Tray and Kevs takes alot for me. Tried to will it out, but it didn't work. Maybe if I finally finish this degree and get a decent paying job, I can go back and people won't care if I play tekken as a hobby Lol

@sasuke currently 25.

Also, yeah. I wish I played alot earlier too. Back in the philippines, I played alot of DR and got whooped because I suck at stick lol. I wasn't as serious before and thinking like a scrub. Came to America and I spent couple of years being settled first, so no real gaming at all. I think the real time I started getting a grasp of tekken gameplay at the end of 6.

Pachimari

DEATH™;157462243 said:

Tried to address the many notation myths on King's wavedash. I seriously wish I can put this on video form. It's a no neutral cd notation,similar to shoryuken input.

Also, part of it is being old, but greater part of it is just life in general. Currently, it's not ideal for me to play competitively due to budget, family and time reasons. Even trying to meetup with Tray and Kevs takes alot for me. Tried to will it out, but it didn't work. Maybe if I finally finish this degree and get a decent paying job, I can go back and people won't care if I play tekken as a hobby Lol

@sasuke currently 25.

Also, yeah. I wish I played alot earlier too. Back in the philippines, I played alot of DR and got whooped because I suck at stick lol. I wasn't as serious before and thinking like a scrub. Came to America and I spent couple of years being settled first, so no real gaming at all. I think the real time I started getting a grasp of tekken gameplay at the end of 6.
I had no idea you were Filipino. I'm half-Filipino myself.

AAK

Too late huh? I STARTED playing competitively at 25 while doing the Master's Degree :p

Age factor is overrated. I'm new school to the community but I'm the same age as a lot of the older school player that still come to events from the T5 era. You can train your body to equalize the playing field.

Manbig

DEATH™;157457641 said:

You have nothing to apologize for. You have your priorities straight. Ain't nobody making a living off of Tekken for it to deserve dedicating time that would be better spent on schooling and being social. My major vices that keep me from getting better at the game is that I enjoy spending time with a lot of other games and I just don't have much fun grinding out training mode.

The age thing is not really a physical thing guys. By the time you are nearing the end of your twenties, you should have your personal life in order. Dedicating all of your free time to getting better at one specific game can make that rather difficult.

Gambit61

DEATH™;157457641 said:

Welp, I guess I have no excuse for learning King's WD for real. He was always my favorite but I've just been playing him as a poke type character.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm old as Bryan. Soon older or T7 Bryan if it happens year after T6.

I'm just checking ages. Steve is 21? Ridiculous. :p

Feng and Dragunov are purportedly both 26, making them younger than Forest Law, Eddy, and Bob.

But then again, you could count the number of supposedly 30-year-olds in Tekken on one hand. And according to the knowledge we have now, Tekken 4, 5, and 6 all occurred within a year, which is a little insane.

Tekken 7 is probably the same, since they are apparently unwilling to change a hair on the cast's collective heads....

sasuke_91

I'm old as Bryan. Soon older or T7 Bryan if it happens year after T6.

I'm just checking ages. Steve is 21? Ridiculous. :p
So you're 31? I always assumed you were as old as me, maybe a little older.
You guys are all older than me. I know that Sayah is as old as me. I guess I'll have to show a little more respect towards some of you^^

Feng looks like an old geezer. He can't be 26. And Steve being 21 is such a joke.

Spuck-uk

Banned
DEATH™;157462243 said:

@sasuke currently 25.

I'm 34, closing in on 35 now, and I play competitively far more than I did when I was younger. Part of that is probably having my shit together more in terms of work/life stability. Hell, I'm heading off for my first ever proper weekend tournament weekend after next.

Definitely wish I'd started going to tournaments and seeking out local competition sooner, but people seriously overestimate how much age affects reactions, look at Ryan Hart..

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
DEATH™;157428571 said:

Sure. I won't be home until next week. Currently in Europe for a bit. The NCR event organizers were cool with me bringing TEKKEN 7 there. If Harada & team are okay with it then I'll make an announcement.

Also, King's wavedash is not scary. If he had an EWGF and a threatening mid/low then maybe, but the scariest thing out of wavedash is throws? :/

I used to wavedash heavy with King in vs play. I stopped because it just wasn't worth it other than putting fear into people. Once the fear was gone or they realized he has nothing scary, I got launched or hit lol.

Pachimari

My impression of Jin from the other thread:

Jin looks badass. And though I'm not fond of the sleeves of his hoodie, I like the color combination, hood, pants and belt. Might become my new main, but not sure until I have the game.

GrayFoxPL

Yoshi is in.

Not sure if Wonkey misspelled but he said the characters from bugged cabinet were playable.

NEED INFO.

EDIT:It's true! Info slowly comming in. Come on! PICS VIDS BEFORE THEY SHUT IT DOWN.

Jin's pants look retarded.

Numb

Yoshi is in.

Not sure if Wonkey misspelled but he said the characters from bugged cabinet were playable.

NEED INFO.

EDIT:It's true! Info slowly comming in. Come on! PICS VIDS BEFORE THEY SHUT IT DOWN.

Jin's pants look retarded.

Yoshi is the only guy who i want to see what he looks like since he will actually get a complete redesign unlike the majority of the cast

AAK

Ummmmm yeeeaaaahhhh....

Looks like LC did indeed replace my main from TTT2.

Ah well, as hideous as the design is, it's something new which is a miracle in itself.
Yoshi is the only guy who i want to see what he looks like since he will actually get a complete redesign unlike the majority of the cast

You sure about that??? This is T7 we're talking about. :p

DEATH™

Sure. I won't be home until next week. Currently in Europe for a bit. The NCR event organizers were cool with me bringing TEKKEN 7 there. If Harada & team are okay with it then I'll make an announcement.

Also, King's wavedash is not scary. If he had an EWGF and a threatening mid/low then maybe, but the scariest thing out of wavedash is throws? :/

I used to wavedash heavy with King in vs play. I stopped because it just wasn't worth it other than putting fear into people. Once the fear was gone or they realized he has nothing scary, I got launched or hit lol.

Mark, the push! Push stops those pesky mashers!

But seriously though. I do believe for sure the point of King wavedash isn't like mishima pressure but more of adding range to your existing moves. ff+1 becomes extremely long range for example, ws 4, even multis like you said. It fills the a great hole in King's game where without it, he got no fast enough threats at more than dash range. With short burst wavedash, I can comfortably turtle at range and still attack when I want to, and the long knockdowns that will ordinarily means nothing become oki situations.

EDIT, also lol on the alisa costume. Looks hot and all but lol

Numb

You sure about that??? This is T7 we're talking about. :p
I will be extremely amused i he is not a completely new guy.
I would not mind Tag 2, T5 and T3 alts though. T4 for the lols aswell.
Haven't been posted in here:

CBAwj03U0AEYbwa.jpg

CBAwjFEVAAE21XQ.jpg
I like the hoodie but something about the complete set with the pants feels alittle off to me.
The arms remind me of Jax whenever i look at them.

Pachimari

Loading screen:

CBB-4R3UgAA3JYr.jpg

I love the pants, but the arms should have been different.

Says that Yoshimitsu in Tekken 7 looks like King Gainer. - Flying Wonkey

Just a random report from an arcade goer in 2ch. One of the T7 machines had a bug and displayed more characters on the select screen.

Devil Jin, Kazumi, Yoshimitsu and a new female character that looked like Jaycee?

Sayah

So seems like Jin and Devil Jin will be different slots. :/

Should have just consolidated them both and given me room for more characters.

Confirmed roster now
Jin
Devil Jin
Yoshimitsu
Kazumi
New Julia + Zafina hybrid girl
+20 existing characters

Makes this a roster of 25 people. Only room for like 7-10 more characters based on how large they wanted this roster to be. :(

And Bob is more than likely going to make it in....meh. I don't think the devs realize a lot of people pick him because he's overpowered. Not because they actually love the character or anything.

Numb

Loading screen:

I love the pants, but the arms should have been different.

They seem more like generic custom pants for the guys in Tag 2 to me.
i Googled King Gainer and i am getting Tekken 5 Predator Yoshi vibes from him.
9770-550x-XAN_Frontpose.jpg

There are other versions on google but this seems less childish than the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom