• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

It's the PS+ version. It normally says that you can't play after a year or so when the "expiration date" is reached. Had this happen for a few games. You have to sign in with the account that bought the game and stay logged in in PSN while starting the game.

No, no I was subscribed, only this game wouldn't start. Nevermind I don't have space for redownload.

GrayFoxPL

The game is way too awesome to not be played though!

Couldn't get into it from what I played. I didn't feel there was any focus in the story, I didn't like the pawns. Chaotic battles, darkness. I though it would be more MonsterHunterish but it's not as "tight". It's not a bad game just didn't click with me.

Sorry for OT guys.

AAK

Also I didn't ignore tweets/comments. There were just a lot. I was multi-tasking between work stuff and tekken stuff.

Sorry, didn't mean to word it so condescendingly. I just never saw my concern ever acknowledged by Namco and was hoping they'd finally get the chance via your interview.

But thanks again for doing the tekken 7 NA tour for various tournaments. I'm sure you got the notice from Russell. Even though I'm indifferent to T7, having it at Toryuken this May would make the TTT2 turnout very stellar since it would bring a ton of people from the US. It's also the only major that has Tekken in Canada... Only chance to give that game physical exposure in this country. :p

TZ is operating on Castel time.

I hope the forums aren't getting the Old Yeller treatment.

I heard TZ was doomed awhile back, but they better archive the gold mine of information on that site before killing it.

I put a lot of time into that place myself to see it go up in smoke. Hell, I got a FAQ on there submitted in 1999, that shit is a relic now, lol.

Numb

Wow i need to see Katarina without her shades.
She is starting to look like a Kamen Rider to me with those big bug glasses.

AAK

Wow i need to see Katarina without her shades.
She is starting to look like a Kamen Rider to me with those big bug glasses.

Not legit screens but...

katarina-tekken7-concept-artwork-hd.jpg

katarina-tekken7-concept-artwork-faces.jpg

Numb

Ok I figured it out, you have to level up items or whatever.

oNhJnhyl.jpg

^^^
Tekken-rave-war-personnages_early_tekken.jpg

:p

It's just that her ridiculous stance and constant T7 Next Gen gloss makes her look off in game.

Guy was fighting a cpu katarina who was just standing still and her chest sticks out so far infront in neutral its crazy.
I never knew just how much bigger they were than i thought. Is she a Senran Kagura character or what?

Manbig

Guy was fighting a cpu katarina who was just standing still and her chest sticks out so far infront in neutral its crazy.
I never knew just how much bigger they were than i thought. Is she a Senran Kagura character or what?

She's just following up on the heavy stereotype portrayed for Latinas in the media. Love it or hate it, it's not difficult to see where they got these ideas from.

DEATH™

So my suspicion is true...

"so during one of my two t7 matches at fr this happened. besides looking amazon what i found intersting is that i'm pretty sure that the window for me to input the 4 in b+1, 4 increased in proportion to the slowed down speed. allowing me 2-3 yrs to visually confirm the incoming d/b+4 and opt for the low crush extension.
i was pretty amped tho so i could've just mashed out b+1,4"

From KTA.

This makes delayable/HCable moves really good late game.

AAK

Devastator doesn't post very frequently... but when he does he brings us lots of treats :)

It still hurts everytime I see a recycled custom :(

DEATH™;157335289 said:
So my suspicion is true...

"so during one of my two t7 matches at fr this happened. besides looking amazon what i found intersting is that i'm pretty sure that the window for me to input the 4 in b+1, 4 increased in proportion to the slowed down speed. allowing me 2-3 yrs to visually confirm the incoming d/b+4 and opt for the low crush extension.
i was pretty amped tho so i could've just mashed out b+1,4"

From KTA.

This makes delayable/HCable moves really good late game.

There aren't that many delayable or hit confirmable moves that crush. b+1,4 from King is one of the rare few that are AND it's utility is there assuming the opponent is going for a low that's slow enough for b+1,4 to reach its crush frames.

I could be wrong but I personally don't see them making that big of a difference. The slo-mo is just for presentation purposes 99.9% of the time unless the situation seen @ FR with King's b+1,4 against the low dropkick comes up.

DEATH™

Devastator doesn't post very frequently... but when he does he brings us lots of treats :)

It still hurts everytime I see a recycled custom :(

There aren't that many delayable or hit confirmable moves that crush. b+1,4 from King is one of the rare few that are AND it's utility is there assuming the opponent is going for a low that's slow enough for b+1,4 to reach its crush frames.

I could be wrong but I personally don't see them making that big of a difference. The slo-mo is just for presentation purposes 99.9% of the time unless the situation seen @ FR with King's b+1,4 against the low dropkick comes up.

No, it will be a great deal if it makes some delayable moves into hit-confirmable moves. For King alone, I can hit confirm b+1,2 and use b+1,4 on clutch situations. df+1,2 becomes a auto HC instead of risking for that -10 followup, you reduce the risk of df+2,1 and b+2,4 becomes really good. That alone makes King's poking game extremely good at crunchtime, and that's only for King alone. Imagine other characters moves too...

Add to the fact that slowmos happen even if it isn't a guaranteed kill gives delayable moves a massive edge, especially on crunchtime.

AAK

The slow mo won't activate unless the next hit kills. So assuming a "slow-mo hit confirmable" move actually hits, the round will already be over. If your strike wouldn't have killed then the slow-mo would never have activated.

So in the situation where slow motion starts to activate while doing d/f+1,2... if d/f+1 hits, then you've already won.

DEATH™

The slow mo won't activate unless the next hit kills. So assuming a "slow-mo hit confirmable" move actually hits, the round will already be over. If your strike wouldn't have killed then the slow-mo would never have activated.

So in the situation where slow motion starts to activate while doing d/f+1,2... if d/f+1 hits, then you've already won.

The thing is, the bolded isn't true. In reality, slowmos happen within 2-3 more hits on you (one notable example is the Lars vs. Steve T7 gif), and so far on what I have observed, both characters do not need to be in super low health for slowmo trades to happen.

So yeah, it's big in a sense that it's a indirect comeback mechanic if it stays the same.

AAK

Please do link me the videos. I've only ever seen them happen when the next hit kills, I'd like to see more if it really isn't the case.

GrayFoxPL

From what I've seen the condition for slo-mo to activate is both players must be on low health, both players attack or are in active attack animation (eg. Hei does multiple hellsweeps, you attack him) and at least one of them initiatives move that could kill opponent. If other does something low damaging like interrupting with crouch 1, then it breaks and can be started up again.

I think.

DEATH™

AAK

In that scenario Steve's third hit of the junkyard string would have killed. It was still a killing blow like I said earlier.

EDIT: Sorry that wasn't his junkyard string, I mean his d+2,1,2

DEATH™

In that scenario Steve's third hit of the junkyard string would have killed. It was still a killing blow like I said earlier.

On the other hand, Steve still has a decent amount of health (3 hits to kill). which slowmos makes it easier for Lars to make those pokes, which is my point. In that sense, you are giving those low health chars a advantage indirectly with the slowmo hit confirms.

The thing is, the health requirement for both chars is too big that it matters. If I am the guy with the life lead, I would rather just let the guy "kill himself" than deal with this, along with the ultras and other things, which makes it tougher to finish a round.

AAK

She looks like Lars/Lili level of boring to me. And despite all of that, she's still only other tolerable character design other than Shaheen (Who looks Kuma boring from the vids so far).

But those are just observational statements, I can't make a judgement on them until I've played them.

DEATH™;157364278 said:
On the other hand, Steve still has a decent amount of health (3 hits to kill). which slowmos makes it easier for Lars to make those pokes, which is my point. In that sense, you are giving those low health chars a advantage indirectly with the slowmo hit confirms.

The thing is, the health requirement for both chars is too big that it matters. If I am the guy with the life lead, I would rather just let the guy "kill himself" than deal with this, along with the ultras and other things, which makes it tougher to finish a round.

I guess I'm still confused at your argument. If you are the one with the low health... if you want to absorb the first hit of a move coming at you during a slo-mo (and you are the person with the lower health) You won't have enough to armor to do a hitconfirm of your next string attack. And yes this is based on the assumption that slo-mo only happens when a killing blow is about to take place. I'll stand by that until someone can provide evidence otherwise.

EDIT: Now I sorta get it, this is all under the assumption that YOU as the character with the lower health get the first hit. That's a very big assumption in a battle between pokes and I don't see it as a viable strategy. Of coarse you're right in those special situation it does come in handy to have a hit confirmable string but it's completely random at that situation and not based on a read. I get it, I see how it changes, but it's nothing substantial in my opinion. But I guess we'll find out sometime in 2016 whenever we will finally be able to play it.

DEATH™

She looks like Lars/Lili level of boring to me. And despite all of that, she's still only other tolerable character design other than Shaheen (Who looks Kuma boring from the vids so far).

But those are just observational statements, I can't make a judgement on them until I've played them.

I guess I'm still confused at your argument. If you are the one with the low health... if you want to absorb the first hit of a move coming at you during a slo-mo (and you are the person with the lower health) You won't have enough to armor to do a hitconfirm of your next string attack. And yes this is based on the assumption that slo-mo only happens when a killing blow is about to take place. I'll stand by that until someone can provide evidence otherwise.

No, not absorb (nothing related to armor moves), but when you know you are going to win the trade in a slowmo, you can easily hitconfirm the followup attack because of the bigger input, hence bigger guaranteed damage. It means not much for the guy who are going for the kill but big for the guy who has lesser life. Again, the health required is still big for this to matter.

EDIT Yeah you got it. The problem with this overall is, along with ultras, it will totally make it hard to finish a round, which is going to be big in the future when the game develops... It will be T6 all over again where everyone hates rage.

DEATH™;157365751 said:
EDIT Yeah you got it. The problem with this overall is, along with ultras, it will totally make it hard to finish a round, which is going to be big in the future when the game develops... It will be T6 all over again where everyone hates rage.

After seeing so many people getting KO''d doing rage arts with serviceable health at FR, its not nearly the same.

Sayah

Katarina and Claudio have been growing on me as well. Though yes, in-game Katarina looks 15 years older than the concept art.

I am revising my two cons for this game so far.

1. After hearing the full soundtrack in detail for every stage thanks to this Final Round, I have to say it is amazing. The devil's pit stage especially got some really good music. I'm doing a complete 180 on my opinion of the music.

2. The new character designs are still kind of bland but seeing more of Katarina and Claudio is making me more excited for them. The playstyles look fun. Though, I've heard Katarina isn't that powerful of a character based on what Michael Murray said on stream.

Oh nice. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom