• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see someone who is younger than me.
Still watching cartoons i see.
That Jeanne d'Arc from Bahamut? i cant tell.

Calm down man.
I am only a fanboy not a madman.
I can never reach their with any amount of videogame character names.

Yes, sir. Mature anime for mature adults such as myself.

Dereck

Where Bout go and why you using his avatar?
vpbh9xV.png

Sayah

Another recycled TTT2 customization?
And what about those next-gen hair textures.

Come on Namco. DoA5 has better hair textures/face models and it's a PS3 game.
I guess I should be happy it's not as terrible as Netherrealm.

AAK

I think the hair in T7 has overall been downgraded severely from T6. I guess it is a general problem with Unreal Engine looking back at previous generation:

T6:

tumblr_inline_nlpqdvQdkT1qhoyb4_500.png

T7:

tumblr_inline_nlpqg6RMoN1qhoyb4_500.png

But ah well... as for the customs, Tekken 7 being Tekken 7.

tumblr_nkziqvoBzu1qmqvhjo1_540.gif

I saw it coming from a mile away so I'm not even mad anymore LOL.

Sayah

Whichever people are doing the character modeling/costume designing for Tekken 7 need to go work on some other project.

That Alisa costume posted on the last page is vomit-inducing. Lucky Chloe's design I can tolerate. But the Alisa one is just making me cringe really really bad. And then there's Devil Kazumi, who can be nominated for worst final boss design in a fighting game. I was expecting a badass design. Instead, she has flame cuts on her dress (lame) and artificial looking flame wings. She doesn't even look threatening (like Unknown, Jinpachi, Azazel).

The customizations so far have been old recycled content and are incredibly hideous looking and not fitting for a new game.

I was expecting a lot more for hair textures from a UE4 game. The face models (for females, not males) are also nothing to write home about. I have the feeling the people that designed the creepy Tekken Revolution female baby-faces are also working on Tekken 7.

The graphics really are incredible because of whichever people are working on stage design. But then you get to the actual accessorizing options and some of the character designs/models and they ruin the visual aesthetic of an otherwise beautiful game. There are some great designs (like Shahin) but then there's some really ugly other things that ruin it.

Numb

Whichever people are doing the character modeling/costume designing for Tekken 7 need to go work on some other project.

That Alisa costume posted on the last page is vomit-inducing. Lucky Chloe's design I can tolerate. But the Alisa one is just making me cringe really really bad. And then there's Devil Kazumi, who can be nominated for worst final boss design in a fighting game.

The customizations so far have been old recycled content and are incredibly hideous looking.

I was expecting a lot more for hair textures from a UE4 game. The face models are also nothing to write home about. I have the feeling the people that designed the creepy Tekken Revolution female baby-faces are also working on Tekken 7.

The graphics really are incredible because of whichever people are working on stage design. But then you get to the actual accessorizing options and some of the character designs/models and they ruin the visual aesthetic of an otherwise beautiful game.
So far nothing excites me. Kazuya has a sick coat but thatss about it.
Holy shit Law has golden pants now! Who cares. I was glad when i heard Kazumi has some Jinpachi moves but then i saw her Devil mode which was just horrible.
So far not one single aspect of Tekken 7 has me hyped. The gameplay, character design, the new guys, and the short roster.
Just feels like many steps backward.
I will not be convinced until i play it for myself though.
It might feel better than it looks.

Sayah

Counterpoint, Leos custom costume is sick

Not saying the whole game is like this. There's a lot of cool designs. But there's also enough terrible aspects that ruin the visual appeal.

Examples:

tumblr_l2xr7l9YV11qbe7aoo1_500.png

tumblr_l2xr7l9YV11qbe7aoo1_500.png

tekkencatprimary.jpg

I can bend my neck. Wanna see?

jbjDcwkn6EzlD6_e.jpg

My personal fashion designer made this dress for me (with the artificial flame wings included). Some people made fun of me on the runway and I said "kyoufu wo oshiete yarou!"

CBAwjPrU0AAoOzD.jpg

I need to make sure my arms are fully protected so I can continue fighting in case my family throws me off a cliff.

CBF87c0UQAA1qdy.jpg

I don't usually gel my hair but when I do, I use two whole 30 oz bottles mixed with vaseline to give that rough glow and texture. Also, that's my pretend smile because my teeth are a straight white line with no gaps between my lips.

AAK

I thought my original pessimism being vindicated would be some source of assurance... but nah, it still hurts to see your favorite series fall this way :(

But ah well, I just have to deal with it. It's Namco's game and they can do what they want with their title.

Numb

I thought my original pessimism being vindicated would be some source of assurance... but nah, it still hurts to see your favorite series fall this way :(

But ah well, I just have to deal with it. It's Namco's game and they can do what they want with their title.

Feeling the same. I hope there are some stuff for the console we have yet to see.
The console version will come bundled with some characters too.

Sayah

My optimism started turning into pessimism after seeing the leaked new character designs and more recently the customizations and that Alisa costume. Lucky Chloe design didn't even bother me that much. It's the other recent stuff. Though, the Chloe commercials were also just terrible marketing even for a Japanese audience.

I'm very excited for the game regardless but I will be playing a heavily modded PC version that throws out all of the mess that is going on with customizations and where people mod in more creative designs and hopefully completely change devil kazumi's look. If the team can't afford to make proper customizations, then just don't bother wasting money making recycling any customs at all. Or go the full DoA route and make full costume packs and charge separately for them.

AAK

LC was the shipwreck....

But the recycled animations/art/customizations/gravity/wall-slump/movement/stage-transitions was when I realized there's no rescue boat in sight.

Sayah

The other stuff I can live with/don't mind. It's the customizations/designs where I'm really disappointed. The console release better be like Tekken 7.5 where they fix most or all of this foolishness or PC version it is.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I think the game looks great, super excited for it.

Hell, even Lucky Chloe has grown on me, and I love the other new character designs anyway.

...although Jins new costume is still horrible, and Devil Jins always looked like something a 14 year old dork would doodle in the back of their maths book.

Dereck

I think the game looks great, super excited for it.

Hell, even Lucky Chloe has grown on me, and I love the other new character designs anyway.

...although Jins new costume is still horrible, and Devil Jins always looked like something a 14 year old dork would doodle in the back of their maths book.
lol

Devin Jin's, (assuming that he has the same costume) costume does not make sense in the context of this game. If Jin is wearing that red shit, why would he change clothes after transforming

Deps

While I can understand the disappointment, to me T7 looks great. I didn't play much of T6, and while I love TTT2, the game is awful as a competitive game (unless you're in Asia or have been playing Tekken since 1945).

GrayFoxPL

Got the PS4 and new TV. Managed to get TV with lowest input lag.

ibeiRjmgwb8YZ0.jpg

Model at the top.

White PS4 but of course nothing without stress. Imagine my rage when I try to hook up my new console and power cord doesn't fit the socket! They sold me UK console where power cords are different then ours. Thankfully few hours later I got lucky with buying power socket converter.

Very slick machine. I only played few games from PS+ but the IQ TV+PS4 is very nice.
My ordered games wont get till Monday.

Can't wait to try out Tag2 because response time seems crazy compared to my old tv.

Only thing that seems off is that PS4 downloads games from ps store slower then my ps3 - clearly. I set up connection the same as ps3. Maybe if I turn off that hdcp shit it'll speed up?

Sayah

The game looks great. There's no doubt about that. But the things I pointed out above are going to ruin the visuals. I can't deal with another Tekken that has Kazuya in a speedo with pink hair and butterfly wings. At the very least, the developer created default costumes should be good and non-obstructive to the visuals but the Alisa design posted above is proving otherwise.

Pachimari

Jin looks awesome, and Devil Kazumi looks great. Much better design than the horrible Jinpachi and Azazel design.

It's really tiring with the pessimism, but what is saddening is, that most of you have valid complaints. Those customizations are vomit-inducing.

I'm still super excited to have my Tekken on PS4.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Jin looks awesome, and Devil Kazumi looks great. Much better design than the horrible Jinpachi and Azazel design.

tumblr_inline_n33jx8kzhc1rbrja2.gif

I mean, Azazel maybe, but at least those two looked intimidating. Kazumi is way too clean-cut and artificial looking. I guess that's kind of Tekken 7 as a whole though.

AAK

I can't blame one individual for Tekken 7's state. Looking @ Tekken 7's credits, the game director is Yuichi Yonemori while the Lead Game Design is handled by Yasuki Nakabayashi (a position that wasn't in TTT2). But of coarse it all could be possible that they did the best they could with the budget that's managed by the Producer... which Harada happens to be. However the budgets are dictated by the business suits @ Namco and all....

But a part of me truly feels like if they wanted, Tekken 7 could have been something new even with the budget they have right now...

I'll never know. I can lay the rest of my hopes for a fresh new 3D fighting game experience on the Soul Calibur team I suppose.

And thanks again to Wonkey's hunting: Jin Kazama footage popped up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjUtV-XjGR0

Still plays exactly the same.

Numb

I can't blame one individual for Tekken 7's state. Looking @ Tekken 7's credits, the game director is Yuichi Yonemori while the Lead Game Design is handled by Yasuki Nakabayashi (a position that wasn't in TTT2). But of coarse it all could be possible that they did the best they could with the budget that's managed by the Producer... which Harada happens to be. However the budgets are dictated by the business suits @ Namco and all....

But a part of me truly feels like if they wanted, Tekken 7 could have been something new even with the budget they have right now...

I'll never know. I can lay the rest of my hopes for a fresh new 3D fighting game experience on the Soul Calibur team I suppose.

I feel like Tekken fans are open to new and bold stuff more than any other fighting game fanbase. Atleast i know i am.
Sad to see they are stuck with making little updates to their new titles.

And thanks again to Wonkey's hunting: Jin Kazama footage popped up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjUtV-XjGR0

Still plays exactly the same.

The animation on one of his strings changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom