• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuma:

CBCB8VAUIAEWjLe.jpg

All of the fun is gone now.

sasuke_91

Well Death sure made me feel old despite me only being 28.

Aaand I always assumed you were older than GrayFoxPL... don't ask why o.o

So, I heard you guys liked new costumes...

img.php9nunw.png

She looks like a robo-hooker.
This outfit is terrible. Top looks a bit like JayCee's though.

Haven't been posted in here:

CBAwj03U0AEYbwa.jpg

CBAwjFEVAAE21XQ.jpg

Hoodie looks cool, but the whole outfit looks weird.

Looks very fake to be honest.

They seem more like generic custom pants for the guys in Tag 2 to me.
i Googled King Gainer and i am getting Tekken 5 Predator Yoshi vibes from him.
9770-550x-XAN_Frontpose.jpg

There are other versions on google but this seems less childish than the others.

This looks like a Pokémon. Yoshi appearing in Pokken confirmed? :p

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Here are some random notes from my playtime...

Lucky Chloe - Move Observations
- b+3 - homing move, good advantage on hit. b+3~b version ends in BT (back turned) state.
- d/f+3,3 - does S! if it hits airborne on second hit (NOTE: S! is "Screw Attack" effect, formerly known as tailspin or kiromimi)
- b+1 hits grounded and great option for oki. After a wall spike (d/f+3,2 or b+2 at the wall), you can do b+1 to pick up for extra damage
- FC d/f+1 - A low punch swipe from crouch position. Limited range but grants a full combo on counter hit.
- f+4,4 - Her "double" flip that leads to a launch. Great for whiff punishing or to beat wake up kick options (beats both low and mid). Inputting ~b at the end also ends this in BT state.
- d/b+3... - This low kick goes into her 1,2,3,4 count mix ups stance. You can input d/b+3,4 for double low hits or do a bunch of mixups. Pretty good damage, IMO. I'll try to get a video to show her options when I get back.

Lucky Chloe - Combos

Before I get into the combos, I have to say that her combos/juggles are very fun to do. They just seem different enough to what I'm used to in competitive TEKKEN, so it's a breath of fresh air.

Basic Launchers:
- u/f+3
- d/f+2
- f+4,4
- WS+2
- WS+1,4

For any of the above, I would suggest for a basic combo to do 1,2,1+2, S!, d/f+3+4,3. I'll do some testing for damage/wall carry later.

If you want to go for wall carry you should end with 1,2,1+2, then b+2 or d/f+3,2 at the wall for the splat into okizeme options. b+1 is usually guaranteed in this situation.

After CH FC d/f+1 you can do d/f+2,4,3,1 (goes into S!) if you're close enough.

More later.

Numb

I wonder if her f+4,4 is safe on block if you dont end with backturn? It seems like a good move anyway.
Thanks for the info man.

Sayah

Here are some random notes from my playtime...

Lucky Chloe - Move Observations
- b+3 - homing move, good advantage on hit. b+3~b version ends in BT (back turned) state.
- d/f+3,3 - does S! if it hits airborne on second hit (NOTE: S! is "Screw Attack" effect, formerly known as tailspin or kiromimi)
- b+1 hits grounded and great option for oki. After a wall spike (d/f+3,2 or b+2 at the wall), you can do b+1 to pick up for extra damage
- FC d/f+1 - A low punch swipe from crouch position. Limited range but grants a full combo on counter hit.
- f+4,4 - Her "double" flip that leads to a launch. Great for whiff punishing or to beat wake up kick options (beats both low and mid). Inputting ~b at the end also ends this in BT state.
- d/b+3... - This low kick goes into her 1,2,3,4 count mix ups stance. You can input d/b+3,4 for double low hits or do a bunch of mixups. Pretty good damage, IMO. I'll try to get a video to show her options when I get back.

Lucky Chloe - Combos

Before I get into the combos, I have to say that her combos/juggles are very fun to do. They just seem different enough to what I'm used to in competitive TEKKEN, so it's a breath of fresh air.

Basic Launchers:
- u/f+3
- d/f+2
- f+4,4
- WS+2
- WS+1,4

For any of the above, I would suggest for a basic combo to do 1,2,1+2, S!, d/f+3+4,3. I'll do some testing for damage/wall carry later.

If you want to go for wall carry you should end with 1,2,1+2, then b+2 or d/f+3,2 at the wall for the splat into okizeme options. b+1 is usually guaranteed in this situation.

After CH FC d/f+1 you can do d/f+2,4,3,1 (goes into S!) if you're close enough.

More later.
Wow. Thanks for the info. For the elbow move Chloe stole from Anna, is the input for that also qcf+1 and does it also launch on counterhit?

Gothic outfit for Lili:

This is great.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I wonder if her f+4,4 is safe on block if you dont end with backturn? It seems like a good move anyway.
Thanks for the info man.

It is not safe ever. You can interrupt between the two hits or sidestep the second hit all the time.

Wow. Thanks for the info. For the elbow move Chloe stole from Anna, is the input for that also qcf+1 and does it also launch on counterhit?

It may look like it, but it is NOT Anna's elbow. It's a completely different move. The move is f+1+2. It does not launch on CH.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So, I heard you guys liked new costumes...

img.php9nunw.png

I keep expecting this game to show off some decent looking customs, like Tekken 6 had.

I should stop that.

Edit: I guess the Lili one isn't so bad. I don't really care about Lili though, so...

DEATH™;157559224 said:
CBCB8VAUIAEWjLe.jpg

Lighting too iffy, edges too sharp... I call fake

Plus that's his Tekken 5 CG

I actually like playing Kuma though, so I hope he's in in spite of everything.

Looks like Yoshi went full robot. Never go full robot! Lol

Anyway, hope to see some real pics soon.

Just glad he's in.

Edit -- wonder if the reason that Yoshi wasn't included in the original roster was because they were still designing him. Harada said that they can update the game on the fly, and would be able to include characters in the time release based on popularity and fan requests (or something like that).

GrayFoxPL

So you're 31? I always assumed you were as old as me, maybe a little older.
You guys are all older than me. I know that Sayah is as old as me. I guess I'll have to show a little more respect towards some of you^^

Feng looks like an old geezer. He can't be 26. And Steve being 21 is such a joke.

Yeah, 32 in 3 months. Tekken fans are old geezers. When you guys will have maturing children and you gonna scold them for something it will be funny.

"You little brat! How dare you talk to me like that? You know what I had to do at your age?! I worked so very hard!(practicing wavedash.) I didn't eat or sleep!(playing those 15000 online matches.) It cost me blood and tears.(to learn breaking throws.) Look at my worn out hands!(blisters from getting those electrics right.) Do you realize how hard it's been for me?(to master the just frames?) I have put in my work all my heart and soul.(beating those online capo scrubs.) I searched for knowledge all the time, I embraced it and kept it all in my head.(the frame data that is.)

But most important... I never did drugs or alcohol!(Because it would slow down my Tekken reflexes. Can't have that!)"

"Do you understand?!"

"Yes, dad."

"Good. You are grounded from Cyber Football for a month. Go to your room!"

"...''

"Scrub, lol."

"What did you say dad?"

"Uhh...Nothing I said uhhh: "shit all" because I'm mad and all, yeah... Go Jin and don't bother Nina, she's your little sister for Pete's sake."

"Ok.. Jeez."

"Dorya! Dorya! Dorya, where are you?!"

"Woof! Woof!"

"Here you are. Let's go for a walk! Maybe we'll meet your buddy Heihachi huh?"

Aaand I always assumed you were older than GrayFoxPL... don't ask why o.o

Because he acts more mature then me, I know lol.

I can't. In my condition acting mature is depressing/suicidal.

DEATH™

Yeah, 32 in 3 months. Tekken fans are old geezers. When you guys will gonna have maturing children and you gonna scold them for something it's gonna be funny.

"You little brat! How dare you talk to me like that? You know what I had to do at your age?! I worked so very hard!(practicing wavedash.) I didn't eat or sleep!(playing those 15000 online matches.) It cost me blood and tears.(to learn breaking throws.) Look at my worn out hands!(blisters from getting those electrics right.) Do you realize how hard it's been for me?(to master the just frames?) I have put in my work all my heart and soul.(beating those online capo scrubs.) I searched for knowledge all the time, I embraced it and kept it all in my head.(the frame data that is.)

But most important... I never did drugs or alcohol!(Because it would slow down my Tekken reflexes. Can't have that!)"

"Do you understand?!"

"Yes, dad."

"...''

"Scrub, lol."

"What did you say dad?"

"Uhh...Nothing I said uhhh: "shit all" because I'm mad and all, yeah... Go Jin and don't bother Nina, she's your little sister for Pete's sake."

"Ok.. Jeez."

"Woof! Woof!"

I'I think I've said some of those lines just recently... We're old Kappa

Numb

Yeah, 32 in 3 months. Tekken fans are old geezers. When you guys will have maturing children and you gonna scold them for something it will be funny.

"Do you understand?!"

"Yes, dad."

"...''

"Scrub, lol."

"What did you say dad?"

"Ok.. Jeez."

"Woof! Woof!"

That shit is hilarious.
I turned 24 last month.
Is that considered old i wonder?

Sayah

"Do you understand?!"

"Yes, dad."

"...''

"Scrub, lol."

"What did you say dad?"

"Ok.. Jeez."

"Woof! Woof!"

LMAO

GrayFoxPL

Another member of the 30+ club here, 34.

Oh yeah!

We're the champions!

In few years I'm gonna bullshit my nephew.

"I taught JDCR everything he knows."

"Huh?"

"Except English, Doomshine taught him that, lol."

"Are you babbling about Tekken again, Uncle?"

"Yup. /nod,nod"

GrayFoxPL

Glad to see someone who is younger than me.
Still watching cartoons i see.
That Jeanne d'Arc ofrom Bahamut? i cant tell.

Calm down man.
I am only a fanboy not a madman.
I can never reach their with any amount of videogame character names.

I dunno some jrpgs would be close ;).

Numb

I dunno some jrpgs would be close ;).
They are too much. Sometimes they go out of their way to make their names unique or as crazy as possible.
How about weather elements?
Cloud?Snow?Lightning?
The first two seem passable for some reason.
I would go with Weather Report from Jojo if keeping with this theme.
1400087122695.png

GrayFoxPL

80's master race > 90's peasants. Everyone knows that.
OpieOP.png

Hahah, true, true, but shhhhh.

They are too much. Sometimes they go out of their way to make their names unique or as crazy as possible.
How about weather elements?
Cloud?Snow?Lightning?
The first two seem passable for some reason.
I would go with Weather Report from Jojo if keeping with this theme.
1400087122695.png

Amazing name and design. Awesome and hilarious. Great hat.

sasuke_91

"Do you understand?!"

"Yes, dad."

"...''

"Scrub, lol."

"What did you say dad?"

"Ok.. Jeez."

"Woof! Woof!"

From all the funny posts I've read from you, this one is definitely the funniest :D
Now I need a dog just to name him Dorya and call for him in piblic.

Not because of maturity^^

Yeah, I still remember your post about your condition back in the other thread. Broke my heart.

So Tera and MikeBreezy are younger than me. Anyone else? :p

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm only 20, but I don't visit here that often. Nor do I play Tekken on anything resembling a competitive level.

GrayFoxPL

From all the funny posts I've read from you, this one is definitely the funniest :D
Now I need a dog just to name him Dorya and call for him in piblic.

Not because of maturity^^

Yeah, I still remember your post about your condition back in the other thread. Broke my heart.

So Tera and MikeBreezy are younger than me. Anyone else? :p

Thanks man!

Oh yeah calling pets Tekken names is mandatory.

Like having a Snake and naming him "Edge".

I'm only 20, but I don't visit here that often. Nor do I play Tekken on anything resembling a competitive level.

Good! You're one of us then!

I feel like a pro when I connect Paul's Capital Punishment, then I drop the pad and say I won the fight, best in the universe! That's my competitive level, lol.

Like having a Snake and naming him "Edge".

Ok, I lol'd a bit, not gonna lie.

Edit -- deleted the dumb shit. Keeping it simple.

Edit 2 -- Been trying the King WD. I either forward dash too much, do nothing, or spazz out. It looks more like the Michael J Fox dash than anything. Turrible.

DEATH™

Ok, I lol'd a bit, not gonna lie.

Edit -- deleted the dumb shit. Keeping it simple.

Edit 2 -- Been trying the King WD. I either forward dash too much, do nothing, or spazz out. It looks more like the Michael J Fox dash than anything. Turrible.

Do you use pad or stick?

DEATH™;157625581 said:
Do you use pad or stick?

Been using the KE arcade fightstick from madcatz since I got a deal form Aris back in January. I think Manny has been training on one too.

My problem is if I use the notation explained at the bottom of that wiki "f~df~d,df~n~f" it only comes out sometimes. I feel like if I input faster, it barely clips neutral on the way to down and just executes a normal CD. :/

Gambit61

Been using the KE arcade fightstick from madcatz since I got a deal form Aris back in January. I think Manny has been training on one too.

My problem is if I use the notation explained at the bottom of that wiki "f~df~d,df~n~f" it only comes out sometimes. I feel like if I input faster, it barely clips neutral on the way to down and just executes a normal CD. :/

Yeah I was practicing last night and I can do the first srk cd into forward dash, and a forward dash into srk cd, but I can't get them to string together lol.

DEATH™

You're in srk cd to forward dash right? so the problem is u are doing the srk cd but not the forward dash after?

If so, yes you hit the same wall as me lol. The key is NOT SPEED. After the last df part you have to release the stick. That is technically your buffer for f~n~f (forward dash). Don't hurry it up because the window to do the n~f is actually huge.

Yeah I was practicing last night and I can do the first srk cd into forward dash, and a forward dash into srk cd, but I can't get them to string together lol.

You're almost there. I recommend doing them slowly first. Learn the rhythm, not the speed. Just get the muscle memory down.

---------

If you guys can do 3~4 cd in a row, you guys are good to go. Most of the time, you'll only use 2 cds for long range multis/attacks, dash-cd-dash for extreme long range mids/running attacks and dash-cd for longer ranged cd attacks (dash cd 1 is something I love against mishima players, you do it once, they will stop being too EWGF happy and look for LP opportunities instead).

Also, learn to use buffered muscle buster on wavedash, snakedash, wavedash to BJGS and wavedash SS 2+4. Just do them and practice them, and they will somehow make it in your gameplay once you get the feel of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom