• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any video of these character reveals? I can't see the mp4s Wonkey posted. Also this check better not be replacing Bruce. That would be one of the dumbest decisions ever.

Doesn't work at all AAK.

AAK

Now that we know she's Bruce's replacement...For some reason I'm just trying to imagine watching Pokchop play this character.

@Zero, try to right click and save as.

Pachimari

I'm hyped like never before I never thought I would get my Filipina character. Wow. Worthy successor to my Bruce.

I just don't understand why she wouldn't do the Filipino fighting style, I don't understand she is crying like that, I don't understand her clothing style and she don't resemble a Filipino but whatever.

AAK

^^And Josie has Xiba's Critial Edge

Anyways in case you guys didn't see, trailer shows Josie use Bruce's f+2,4, 3+4 homing move, f,f+4, 1,2,3, and ws+2,1. And she has a bunch of acrobatic moves that are unique to her. The cool thing was how she could do Steve's backsway after the ws+2,1

Sayah

Josie fights cool, but her outfit looks like random TTT2 customization items thrown together, only with better physics. And she's yet another young, petite female fighter. But at least she seems to provide some ethnic diversity.

Also, what was with the crying after winning? I hope this isn't another Pyrrha situation...

The crying after the winning was where an otherwise amazing playing character was ruined with the personality.

But everything else is GREAT!

As I've been saying before, the designs are where Tekken 7 is lacking.

And the one design that's actually really good (shaheen) is where the game style is clashing with my perceptions.

DEATH™

All the Jin buffs are the ones that made me pick up AK...

Hopkick, EWHF, Hellsweep launch on normal...

Man I might go back to my Jin and Steve...

Pachimari

Your fellow Kabayan MarkMan helped design her ;)
You serious?
Sorry but it's disappointing but I won't complain. I got my Filipina character. I'll dedicate myself way more now.

She don't even speak Tagalog.
I can't even believe how she is dressing. The Filipino people are very conservative and don't dress like that. Far from it.

Even my Filipina girlfriend says she could be a prostitute Filipina. :/

Sayah

It's weird she speaks English and not her native language.

Unless, she's secretly an assassin like Zafina/Nina/Anna

Damn how is Devil Jin not going to be the best character in this game? Like did you see that fuckin trailer? Jesus christ lol

Also I'm not seeing the Bruce replacement thing in Jonsie. She looked nothing like Bruce in play style.

AAK

From the EventHubs article:

Another person who was instrumental in coming up with Josie Rizal's character design was Mad Catz's Mark "Markman" Julio, who has Filipino blood in him. Harada said that he was very glad that Markman could tell him a lot about Filipino culture, and offered advice that shaped many of the character's traits, including her name.

But yeah, it's not really fair that they didn't let her speak Tagalog.

Pachimari

From the EventHubs article:

But yeah, it's not really fair that they didn't let her speak Tagalog.
My goodness. The clothing style don't fit the Filipinos at all. I'm half Filipino as well and my whole family is Filipino. Nope, nothing resembles a Filipina in her character design. Let that be clear.

I can go ask all of my Filipino family members and friends from both Manila and the countryside, and none of them will tell you that she looks Filipina.

English is the native language of the Philippines.
Come on that's no excuse. They do Tanglish sure but they could have let Josie say something in Tagalog.

Josie looks cool I guess. I also like that her kickboxing style isn't quite so knee/elbow focused like traditional Muy Thai. Is there a Filipino unique kickboxing style? Sorry, I don't know.

Don't worry about her outfit or hair though, you guys can hopefully fix that with customizations.

With char reveals announced up through 4/7, I guess we'll be waiting a bit for any more announcements. Still hoping that Yoshi rumor wasn't unfounded with that glitch.

I'm slowly warming up to T7 now, about the same rate I warmed up to T4. TTT1 > T4 took a long ass time for me to adjust to, but I did.

===============================
vvvv Replying to below vvvv

Unless they pull some sort of weird ass Nina where we get a new character with Nina/Anna movesets. Wouldn't that piss off the world. lol
The world isn't ready for.......... Nana!
o5SQWVx.gif

LowParry

I like what I see of Josie. Her style is great. The outfit...ehh, not really matching the style. Either way pretty cool. Jin pulling them E Ryu stomps. It's like they're replacing male characters in for female. Unless they pull some sort of weird ass Nina where we get a new character with Nina/Anna movesets. Wouldn't that piss off the world. lol

Pachimari

Josie looks cool I guess. I also like that her kickboxing style isn't quite so knee/elbow focused like traditional Muy Thai. Is there a Filipino unique kickboxing style? Sorry, I don't know.
No there's not.
They do karate and their own style is Eskrima.

My girlfriend just said the crying win pose is much like their mentality. I still think it's a bit extreme.

Sayah

I think their budget is real tight this time with how they're on a recycling spree now. First customs. Now rage arts.

But whatever. These reveals just upped my excitement. All three of these characters looking dope.

Why she no speak Tagalog. tsk, tsk. She doesn't even look that Filipina to me, haha. She looks cool though. I remember Talim from SC is kinda filipina I guess as well, who didn't really look it.

I am half and can't even speak it. I want her to talk it so I can hide some of my shame if I play her.

Pachimari

Why she no speak Tagalog. tsk, tsk. She doesn't even look that Filipina to me, haha. She looks cool though. I remember Talim from SC is kinda filipina I guess as well, who didn't really look it.

I am half and can't even speak it. I want her to talk it so I can hide some of my shame if I play her.
That makes two of us.
Can't speak Tagalog. Just a little.

sasuke_91

Thanks MarkMan for the new character. Her fighting style is really cool and fast. I'll definitely play her at some point. Winning pose is in no way kawaii and her outfit is ugly, but I still like her :p

Pachimari

It's a work in progress lol.
But is there a chance you will change her clothing? The people are very conservative and would never wear that.

When there's finally a Filipina character after all these years of waiting, it would be nice if she resembled the Filipino people at least.

And will she speak Tagalog?

PS: I love the Tekken community here, even though it have been a little hard to follow the warranted complaints, I still like it in here.

GrayFoxPL

WOOT Finally great character trailers for a change!

Can't stop laughing at Jossie's gianormous tits! XD They are 3 sizes bigger then Asuka's.
MarkMan you dirty old dog! XD

But I wanted kickboxer character so bad so thank you for her. Love her animations and moves already! Her appearance is... Sasuke allready said it well, lol.

It's the Jossie show!

DJ looks like a killer! Top tier just from trailer, lol. Has Angel's f+3+4 and his b+4. Told you guys that stolen moves don't mean character is out. Expect Armor King soon and Anna, Marduk later down the line. Probably, but not 100% sure, only Baek, Pachi and Wang are dead-dead.

Also

Chikara koso subete da motherfuckers. The King is back and is wiping out the Mishima club! :p

It's because what you said doesn't really make sense TBH. Why would you have an indicator on every piece of item when you can only change one item at a time. If they really were going for an indicator style thing, it would be where the item you've selected would be flashing or have that bright color. And if it is like you mentioned in the post where all the bright colors are indicators, how can you compare the change in color of what you are changing to the other adjacent clothing items' colors when they have this bright indicator covering them? Any good customization screen will allow you to see how you changes reflect on the overall package dynamically.

You can have those obnoxious colors in TTT2 and from what we've seen so far they are recycling that system.

But if you're right... that's a pretty obtuse indicator system.

What? How does what I said not make sense?
Let me point you to this post here:

I can buy colors to update certain items, but right now it's only her glasses and not the bandana. And the color choices are fairly lame (red, brown, orange), unfortunately the purple and green you see are just to highlight what you're going to customize.

8CiwgXAl.jpg

For reference purposes:

It's fairly obvious, no??
And how is this not a good system? The garish colours quite efficiently indicate what you're about to colour customize, you select that specific tab, and then another screen could let you do the adjustments, so there's no problem comparing your choice with the overall colour scheme.

Well, AAK did a great reply for me but to give my own answer as well:

1. The customization color schemes are hideous for T7 because they're based entirely off the TTT2 system, which has the tendency to have very bright sharp and blinding colors almost not that far off from the neons seen in SFXTK. In contrast, Tekken 6 was more limited with color schemes because it didn't give you a whole palette to choose from but it was better in the long run because the options you were given didn't completely ruin the visual appeal of the game. TTT2 is also kind of trying to be silly/goofy and is a side spinoff game so it's not as much of an issue for me in that but Tekken 7 is a brand new game running on Unreal Engine 4 and then it's using color schemes that are completely distracting.

See above.
I feel like the negativity/overall feeling of dissappointment is getting the better of the both of you, to the point where you ignore the good stuff or can't even see it.

It's the same with Jin's new outfit. There are pages and pages of people complaining how all characters look the same and then we see Jin in something completely new (and well designed, might I add), and everybody just complains about shit like the colour of his shoes or how his jacked is tucked in. NITPICKING! And it's painful to see more and more people jumping on board this train.

lupinko

Yeah so a buddy of mine pointed out that Shaheen speaks Modern Standard Arabic, which apparently isn't used in normal speech (rather in more professional or literary instances). Anyway we decided to just start calling him Al Jazeera as a result.

lupinko

English is the native language of the Philippines.

No it's not, it's Tagalog (standard Filipino), the other regional dialects, then either Spanish or English.

Hell with the large minority groups you can even argue Chinese dialects and Arabic.

Edit: Pretty sure Josie is the second Flip character after Talim.

Bamco knows Phillipines is one of their markets alright.

Edit: Holy shiiiiet, Josie Rizal? Like Jose Rizal? That's dope, though might as well have her speak Spanish too.

Pachimari

Btw I wanna claim the Josie render as my avatar.

And now I will beg for a Danish character. But the closest I'll ever get is probably Lars, and that's fine with me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom