• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

Half the time i am button mashing. You saw what i was doing with the capos. It was out of whack.
I usually remember combos mid match because of a vid i saw one time or another.
Baek i am always free to no matter who is using him.

I couldn't stop your capos at all, lol.

Your Lili and Alisa are way advanced. I always found those characters easy to fight against, not yours though. Scary.

Yeah. The things wrong with Josie Rizal:

- Her headband, nobody wears that kind.
- She speaks English, instead of Tagalog.
- She should be small, not tall.
- The breasts are ridiculous big.

But the costume itself is refreshing and bright, love that about her. Yet, nobody really wears that.

Seeing the Philippines stage in Tag 2 were so perfect, to this Filipino character missing the mark is sad, but I'll be content.
I hope they will listen to feedback since she is a work in progress, but I have a feeling they won't really change much.

You guys can flame me but I liked it way more when characters spoke English.

Eng Leo > Ger Leo

Eng Mig > Spa Mig

Eng Lili > Fr Lili

I'm sorry but native voice overs are just not as good as English. It's not about language but how well the lines are delivered. Just too quiet, too dry, too mechanical.

Can't hear what Leo is saying, why so shy? Speak up! Can't beat how "Lucky me." sounds with that specific T6 voice.

I just seen couple Spanish movies recently so where's that energy, vigor, temperament in Miguel's voice? There's none. Who is he? Cashier at supermarket?

The French is supposed to sound sensual, sexual even. Audrey Tautou definitely does it for me, but Lili? Nothing. The sassy: "Please don't tell my father." actually feels better in that aspect.

It's good that in fight voices actually stay original.

Other thing. I like that Jassie's tall, kickboxers should be. Besides scrawny little girls are a thing of the past.

I hope she does this in cg intro or ending. :D

irWGNizzAFkGE.gif

Numb

I couldn't stop your capos at all, lol.

Your Lili and Alisa are way advanced. I always found those characters easy to fight against, not yours though. Scary.
Capos are either really effective on people or not at all i find.
Those two are the only girls i use.
I picked Anna and Zafina that one time and lost.

GrayFoxPL

Something feels off. Like some frames missing in the animation.

It's just 20fps gif but yeah they didn't quite smoothed out the first two under elbow punches with the rest.

Still wish I could do this in real life.

"Ey old lady!"

"?"

"You were lookin' at me funny jus' no?"

"Noo! Please!"

"Eat my RageArt! Ora!"

*Old lady korean-backdashes. I whiff.

"Uwoaaah!"

*Deep Deathfist sends me flying 2 blocks away

"No pain, no gain, punk!"

Rheon

Something feels off. Like some frames missing in the animation.

This. And the fact that Hwoarang has no shadow is really bothering me.

EDIT: Wow Paul's character model actually has wrinkles now. Funny how him and Kazuya are the same age yet Kazuya looks like Jin's older brother.

Numb

It's just 20fps gif but yeah they didn't quite smoothed out the first two under elbow punches with the rest.

Still wish I could do this in real life.

"Ey old lady!"

"?"

"You were lookin' at me funny jus' no?"

"Noo! Please!"

"Eat my RageArt! Ora!"

*Old lady korean-backdashes. I whiff.

"Uwoaaah!"

*Deep Deathfist sends me flying 2 blocks away

"No pain, no gain, punk!"
I thought you would say shredders since you hit me with them so much.
You are too good with them man.

Numb

My shredders have been sick lately as in terribad. I need to get them in shape pronto, only scored a couple in todays matches :(.

You will only be satisfied if you connect with 50 of them i see.
You know i dont enjoy getting shredded.
I need to learn to be cautious.

GrayFoxPL

You will only be satisfied if you connect with 50 of them i see.
You know i dont enjoy getting shredded.
I need to learn to be cautious.

Exactly!

And you were very cautious of them. :(

Kaz kinda looked his age in T4 render.

iUb9iRw3uilad.jpg

Btw they didn't really say exactly what happened to Kaz.

Kaz dead, G Corp. Ressurection! Tada. 20 years later.

How long was Kaz dead? 1 day? 10 years? Did they keep him in a tube with fluid so his body wouldn't decompose? Is he a clone remade from his "remains"? Or did he just spent 20 years playing through his backlog of games? :p

Numb

Exactly!

How long was Kaz dead? 1 day? 10 years? Did they keep him in a tube with fluid so his body wouldn't decompose? Is he a clone remade from his "remains"? Or did he just spent 20 years playing through his backlog of games? :p

Going with that.
My backlog is a scary monster.
I might need more than 20 years to finish it.

sasuke_91

You guys can flame me but I liked it way more when characters spoke English.

Eng Leo > Ger Leo

Eng Lili > Fr Lili

I'm sorry but native voice overs are just not as good as English. It's not about language but how well the lines are delivered. Just too quiet, too dry, too mechanical.

Can't hear what Leo is saying, why so shy? Speak up! Can't beat how "Lucky me." sounds with that specific T6 voice.

The French is supposed to sound sensual, sexual even. Audrey Tautou definitely does it for me, but Lili? Nothing. The sassy: "Please don't tell my father." actually feels better in that aspect.

It's good that in fight voices actually stay original.

I agree. Leo's "Wir müssen aufpassen" just sounds way too unnatural, especially because of the emphasis on "aufpassen". And Lili's "Je peux régler ca toute seule" annoys me more and more everytime I hear it.

Guys, I guess I need to be thrown down a cliff.

EDIT: Took me way too long to respond. Numbatista took my line D:

Numb

Glad that Josie removed some of the negativity people were feeling for a second there.
My case aswell. Now all we need to see is that big red guy can turn transform exclusively into the roster that is not included.
He will be Mokujin but for the characters not in.

Rheon

Exactly!

And you were very cautious of them. :(

Kaz kinda looked his age in T4 render.

iUb9iRw3uilad.jpg

Btw they didn't really say exactly what happened to Kaz.

Kaz dead, G Corp. Ressurection! Tada. 20 years later.

I miss the way the Tekken CG renders of the past aimed for realism. I don't like the cartoony look of the T7 renders at all.

And hopefully we can get in game models that detailed soon. ;__:

GrayFoxPL

I agree. Leo's "Wir müssen aufpassen" just sounds way too unnatural, especially because of the emphasis on "aufpassen". And Lili's "Je peux régler ca toute seule" annoys me more and more everytime I hear it.

Glad someone agrees. I love all foreign tongues but they must be done right.

Guys, I guess I need to be thrown down a cliff.

EDIT: Took me way too long to respond. Numbatista took my line D:

You can't! You must play online with me till we're old, grumpy and forget our own names. :p

Glad that Josie removed some of the negativity people were feeling for a second there.
My case aswell. Now all we need to see is that big red guy can turn transform exclusively into the roster that is not included.
He will be Mokujin but for the characters not in.

I was happy ever since I knew Jin is in. DJ just adds to hype and I hope he's DR x3 broken :p. And of course Jossie the kickboxer made me very happy.

I'm not that hard to please despite all my bitchings :p.

Edit: And you may be onto something here with "specific" Mokujin.

I miss the way the Tekken CG renders of the past aimed for realism. I don't like the cartoony look of the T7 renders at all.

And hopefully we can get in game models that detailed soon. ;__:

Generally T4 aimed for realism in everything. I wish T4 was not broken and all next games derived from T4 instead of T5.

Imagine if it is like that in alternative Universe where other us are talking about totally different Tekken 7 where eg. there is no juggling at all but instead all combos are made on grounded, stunned opponent. Something that started with T4 Kaz ws+2 and follow ups that didn't juggle. Principle the same but looking more like a "real" fight.

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
I made this in Photoshop just now. Our current Tekken 7 roster:

HHGkFMe.png

23 characters, of a probable 38.
Hope you don't mind, I'll be taking that :p

Generally T4 aimed for realism in everything. I wish T4 was not broken and all next games derived from T4 instead of T5.

Imagine if it is like that in alternative Universe where other us are talking about totally different Tekken 7 where eg. there is no juggling at all but instead all combos are made on grounded, stunned opponent. Something that started with T4 Kaz ws+2 and follow ups that didn't juggle. Principle the same but looking more like a "real" fight.

This is something I think about a lot when it comes to Tekken. Except the whole alternate universe thing...

sasuke_91

You can't! You must play online with me till we're old, grumpy and forget our own names. :p

I already had my first existential crisis at the tournament. I didn't know if I should refer to myself as Sasuke or my real name. I didn't know who I was anymore D:

This is something I think about a lot when it comes to Tekken. Except the whole alternate universe thing...

That's the most important part though :p
I always think about "what if"s when it comes to games. Tekken is no exception.

Numb

I already had my first existential crisis at the tournament. I didn't know if I should refer to myself as Sasuke or my real name. I didn't know who I was anymore D:

Fortunately my name ID is way too dumb to be confused at.
You finish the manga?

lupinko

Someone brought up a point elsewhere that worries me. Could this be offensive to Filipinos? Imagine if there was finally a black female character but her names Martina Luther King and was just some big breasted light skinned black chick in a bikini top and booty shorts with an afro? That would seem like it would piss a lot of people off. It's not to far off from this situation naming Josie after Jose Rizal, so I wonder if it could actually piss people off.

Nope, and considering Josie is named as such because of Markman, that should say something.

If not that, then the other choices would have been Lapu Lapu, Aquino, Pacquiao, Salonga, Preysler, Pineda, or Pempengco.

lol

Fraeon

Man, I gotta disagree with the English Lili being better than French Lili. French Lili is by far the better one. She sounds far bitchier than her English counterpart and that's really how I prefer her.

Haven't gotten to play the game much thanks to some tough real life shit. Had I known what was about to go down this month I'd have reserved a slot at Lionz Den but so it I guess. Pretty much everyone notable from Finland is going outside of maybe Killerdoll (who pretty much has retired and doesn't come to tournaments anymore) and Tofma.

It's a given JDCR and Helpme are going to get first and second so the excitement will only be from the third place onwards. Well, thankfully Korean Tekken is a joy to watch, otherwise I'd probably be closing the stream after the losers semis.

Numb

Man, I gotta disagree with the English Lili being better than French Lili. French Lili is by far the better one. She sounds far bitchier than her English counterpart and that's really how I prefer her.

Haven't gotten to play the game much thanks to some tough real life shit. Had I known what was about to go down this month I'd have reserved a slot at Lionz Den but so it I guess. Pretty much everyone notable from Finland is going outside of maybe Killerdoll (who pretty much has retired and doesn't come to tournaments anymore) and Tofma.

It's a given JDCR and Helpme are going to get first and second so the excitement will only be from the third place onwards. Well, thankfully Korean Tekken is a joy to watch, otherwise I'd probably be closing the stream after the losers semis.

Lili has a much better french voice.
Getting second place to JDCR is getting first in our minds tho.

sasuke_91

Fortunately my name ID is way too dumb to be confused at.
You finish the manga?

You mean Naruto? I finished it.
And I didn't like it.

I find both of them annoying, but I guess that fits her character.

Fraeon

Oh and it seems everyone's intro lines are just stolen from T6.

Lili says the same things she did there... except now in French. That's a bizarre move.

Rheon

Oh and Lili's English VA >>>> her French. She sounds way too old in French.

I kind of wish everyone spoke either English or Japanese like in SF, honestly. I never thought it made sense how everyone speaks in different lanuguages but can still understand each other.

GrayFoxPL

I kind of wish everyone spoke either English or Japanese like in SF, honestly. I never thought it made sense how everyone speaks in different lanuguages but can still understand each other.

My man!

ibuTScQfbJNNw8.gif

sasuke_91

This really bothered me in Tekken 5. I remember in Tekken 4 in Hwoarang's ending Jin and Hwoarang used their broken English so they would understand each other. In Tekken 5 Jin spoke Japanese and Hwoarang spoke Korean. No fucks given.

Night_Knight

Unconfirmed Member
Lol I'll just call you the 'Sauce Baws', what? I think it sounds cool >.>

That's the most important part though :p
I always think about "what if"s when it comes to games. Tekken is no exception.
Oh trust me, there are so many what-ifs that could have been in Tekken, especially Post T3 era. Oh well, I stay for a few characters and the solid gameplay.

AAK

In the universe of Tekken everyone is sophisticated and have comprehensive knowledge of all languages enough to understand what's being said when spoken. And it's so proficient that they can all express themselves in whatever language they're comfortable with and talk happily :)

Anyways I love the native languages. It makes less to me in SF when Hakkan and C. Viper would be communicating in Japanese for some stupid reason.

Tekken 4's Hwoarang ending definitely did it the best where each character communicates in the same language when directly conversing with one another and retaining the country's accent.

But the next best thing is having everyone speaking in their native tongue. Celebrate that multi-diversity. Screw the lazy developers in other studios.

Fraeon

Yeah, the language diversity is one of the things I really like about Tekken. We're talking about a series with bears fighting with karate, boxing kangaroos, devils shooting lasers out their eyes and flying androids. Characters having their own babelfish is just adding one more thing into the pile.

Numb

In the universe of Tekken everyone is sophisticated and have comprehensive knowledge of all languages enough to understand what's being said when spoken. And it's so proficient that they can all express themselves in whatever language they're comfortable with and talk happily :)

Anyways I love the native languages. It makes less to me in SF when Hakkan and C. Viper would be communicating in Japanese for some stupid reason.

Tekken 4's Hwoarang ending definitely did it the best where each character communicates in the same language when directly conversing with one another and retaining the country's accent.

But the next best thing is having everyone speaking in their native tongue. Celebrate that multi-diversity. Screw the lazy developers in other studios.
Maybe they have chips in their brains that translate all languages. From humans to animals. Maybe even aliens.
Tekken is stupid but i love it.

GrayFoxPL

I doubt it's a matter of laziness. In SFxT every character(that can talk) speaks every other character's name and some kind of alternative(like "old man!) in both English and Japanese plus they have multiple in game lines in both languages.

Mortal Kombat X probably has hours of dialog plus many in game lines.

Is hiring eg. French voice actress to record 4 lines and say goodbye really more work and devotion from Tekken dev then what other devs choose to do?

It looks more like a fan service to me then anything.

lupinko

I doubt it's a matter of laziness. In SFxT every character(that can talk) speaks every other character's name and some kind of alternative(like "old man!) in both English and Japanese plus they have multiple in game lines in both languages.

Mortal Kombat X probably has hours of dialog plus many in game lines.

Is hiring eg. French voice actress to record 4 lines and say goodbye really more work and devotion from Tekken dev then what other devs choose to do?

It looks more like a fan service to me then anything.
And that's exactly it, fan service.

Numb

I like how JDCR is basically Ryu now.
Going to every tournament and challenging people.
If there is a fight going on, he wants in on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom