• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupinko

Here is the simple explanation for Josie, she's Mestiza, there ya go.

Have them patch in Taglish or Tagalog in a later revision or whatever Tekken 7 revision/console port.

sasuke_91

Calling Shaheen Al Jazeera is something I will definitely do in the future^^
One of the stages is called "Souq" which just means "market" in Arabic.

lupinko

Btw I wanna claim the Josie render as my avatar.

And now I will beg for a Danish character. But the closest I'll ever get is probably Lars, and that's fine with me. :)

But Lars is really a Johnny's Jpop singer tho.

Calling Shaheen Al Jazeera is something I will definitely do in the future^^

Yesssssss, let's start the Al Jazeera bandwagon!

Lol, well at least Harada is trying to be diverse, regardless of how mundane.

Numb

Also in somalian.
One step closer to having a Somalian character in a fighting game instead of being shot at in various shooters.
We are not all pirates or have guns all the time. Geez.

sasuke_91

But Lars is really a Johnny's Jpop singer tho.

We also got Kazuya (Kamenashi) and Jin (Akanishi) in the roster. Johnny's invading Tekken D:

Also in somalian.
One step closer to having a Somalian character in a fighting game instead of being shot at in various shooters.
We are not all pirates or have guns all the time. Geez.
The Somalian language has a lot of Arabic words in it, doesn't it?

Numb

We also got Kazuya (Kamenashi) and Jin (Akanishi) in the roster. Johnny's invading Tekken D:

The Somalian language has a lot of Arabic words in it, doesn't it?

More than even i know.
Basically all names of places and items that i say are arabic. And i dont speak arabic by the way.
I was in a room with a bud who could speak it and i started naming the stuff in the room in somalian and 90% was also arabic.
Even normal speech.

sasuke_91

More than even i know.
Basically all names of places and items that i say are arabic. And i dont speak arabic by the way.
I was in a room with a bud who could speak it and i started naming the stuff in the room in somalian and 90% was also arabic.
Even normal speech.

I have a few friends who are Somalian and visit a Somalian mosque sometimes and when they start speaking it's like a language I don't know with a few words in arabic being thrown in between. I was surprised by how much of the conversation I understood from just those few words :p

Deps

Really like Jins buffs. His shoes are still wack, but whatever, JIN!

Don't like how Josie looks, but she seems fun. Even removing the ribbons on her head would greatly improve her look.

Numb

I have a few friends who are Somalian and visit a Somalian mosque sometimes and when they start speaking it's like a language I don't know with a few words in arabic being thrown in between. I was surprised by how much of the conversation I understood from just those few words :p

Tell them to play Tekken if they don't already. Unless they are the type that only care about Fifa. Half of my friends play Fifa. We love soccer. Played PES for 10 years straight and was glad when i stopped. Need more Tekken time.
I used to like soccer but my god do i hate it now.

Pachimari

I don't think it have been posted in this thread, so I'm just cross-posting from others here:

Originally Posted by Shoryuken.com

Josie is of Filipino descent, marking yet another first for the long-running franchise. Mad Catz community manager Mark “MarkMan” Julio apparently contributed his personal knowledge to her creation. In fact, her name is a homage to Dr. Jose Rizal, a legendary figure in the Philippines who is widely regarded as one of the country’s leading historical heroes.

And oh yeah, rocking my new Josie Rizal avatar!
Yeah, cut off the band ears, they're hideous.

Pachimari

You know what, forget about my complains about the design really. Mark Julio, you did an acceptable job, and please thank Harada-san for listening to us, who have been craving for a Filipina character, ever since we started playing Tekken. In my case, since Tekken 2 in 1996.

I have been waiting 19 years, so I'm also happy, that her fighting style looks to be a lot of fun, and that it is based on the national fighting style of Eskrima, added with kickboxing, which came from my top 3 favorite character Bruce Irvin.

The stupid headband ears, I can hopefully remove in Customizations, and have it fit my interpretation of the Filipino people more.

So, in all of these hard times, I want to thank you Mark, Harada and the rest of Tekken Project, for finally fulfilling a life long dream in gaming. I never thought I would see the day coming, but here it is. She's finally here.

Josie Rizal.

AAK

@joey

Those are the colors man... people are already using the troll colors:

CBPzC8sUQAA8nwR.jpg

Numb

You know what, forget about my complains about the design really. Mark Julio, you did an acceptable job, and please thank Harada-san for listening to us, who have been craving for a Filipina character, ever since we started playing Tekken. In my case, since Tekken 2 in 1996.

I have been waiting 19 years, so I'm also happy, that her fighting style looks to be a lot of fun, and that it is based on the national fighting style of Eskrima, added with kickboxing, which came from my top 3 favorite character Bruce Irvin.

The stupid headband ears, I can hopefully remove in Customizations, and have it fit my interpretation of the Filipino people more.

So, in all of these hard times, I want to thank you Mark, Harada and the rest of Tekken Project, for finally fulfilling a life long dream in gaming. I never thought I would see the day coming, but here it is. She's finally here.

Josie Rizal.
Congrats man. Would you prefer if it were male or does it not matter?
I will one day get the characters i want in.

Pachimari

Congrats man. Would you prefer if it were male or does it not matter?
I will one day get the characters i want in.

I always wanted it to be a Filipina, alas a female. So it's perfect, though I wish the design and winning pose were different.
If it had been a male it wouldn't be a problem either, I just prefer it female, and there she is.

Numb

I always wanted it to be a Filipina, alas a female. So it's perfect, though I wish the design and winning pose were different.
If it had been a male it wouldn't be a problem either, I just prefer it female, and there she is.

You can just customize her like i intend to do with Lucky Chloe.
The winning pose on the other hand is something you live with.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah so a buddy of mine pointed out that Shaheen speaks Modern Standard Arabic, which apparently isn't used in normal speech (rather in more professional or literary instances). Anyway we decided to just start calling him Al Jazeera as a result.

Maybe for him fighting is just business, don't take it personally.

Good games Numbatisa, Doomshine. Great back and forth matches, someone could say it was a set up, lol.

Also Doomshine patched in Claudio to TTT2.

lupinko

Going by what Harada said, Josie does Eskrima and Kickboxing, and she was designed by the lady who designed Bayonetta.

Bruce is not going away, if not Tekken 7, then Tekken 7: We got a slightly bigger budget or Tekken 8 or Tekken Tag Tournament Three: The Takening.

Numb

Maybe for him fighting is just business, don't take it personally.

Good games Numbatisa, Doomshine. Great back and forth matches, someone could say it was a set up, lol.

Also Doomshine patched in Claudio to TTT2.
You too guys. I am always in fear of the day you will pick Baek but you never do.

DEATH™;157970503 said:
Wha? How? I need vids
He did an almost exact custom with Miguel and turned him into Claudio.
Kicked our butts with him too.

@joey

Those are the colors man... people are already using the troll colors:

CBPzC8sUQAA8nwR.jpg

So how would you explain the post by lupinko who has obviously played the game? Are you denying they use the exact same colour customization system that I have been talking about, the one you and sayah thought didn't make any sense? Come on.

Sayah

@joey I already got that the different colors represent the different areas of the costume that can be customized. That doesn't mean that people aren't going to make hideous customs using those colors.

I'm not getting on the negativity bandwagon. Read my posts before all the recycled copy-paste customizations and egregious designs started coming out.

lupinko

I want troll colours, but I don't have them yet. You only get stuff by getting lotto tickets which itself is random. Also with the recent update to tekken.net you can see how much experience points you get now. Besides gold and lotto tickets, you get experience points too.

And I don't know how colours are unlocked. :/

GrayFoxPL

You too guys. I am always in fear of the day you will pick Baek but you never do.

He did an almost exact custom with Miguel and turned him into Claudio.
Kicked our butts with him too.

I'm afraid to pick characters against you that I didn't use for a while. It ends bad, lol.

I gotta take some rust of Baek before I start using him again. I'm still amazed how you can use every character just like that. Some kind of cyborg memory!

Oh yeah Doomshine's Claudio top tier already, and that's Pre T7. o_O

AAK

So how would you explain the post by lupinko who has obviously played the game? Are you denying they use the exact same colour customization system that I have been talking about, the one you and sayah thought didn't make any sense? Come on.

Sure maybe you're right about the indicator... but that still doesn't change the fact that you can have those same obnoxious colors on the characters themselves as seen in the image above.

That's the core issue here indicator or not.

They must have nerfed Devil Jin in some way. Maybe he doesn't have like WS+2 anymore? I say this because keep watching this video and I'm seeing DR Devil Jin all over again. They wouldn't be dumb enough to make the same mistake twice right?

Pachimari

I hope we get one new male character. Seeing that we have gotten 4 females (including Kazumi) and 2 males. But the big red guy will probably be a new character.

Thanks for this. Going to steal Lili if you don't mind.
All of you can take anyone you like.
I just made it for the roster line-up.

CSX

They must have nerfed Devil Jin in some way. Maybe he doesn't have like WS+2 anymore? I say this because keep watching this video and I'm seeing DR Devil Jin all over again. They wouldn't be dumb enough to make the same mistake twice right?

Just let us Devil Jin players relive the glory days of full juggles off hellsweep :)

Numb

I'm afraid to pick characters against you that I didn't use for a while. It ends bad, lol.

I gotta take some rust of Baek before I start using him again. I'm still amazed how you can use every character just like that. Some kind of cyborg memory!

Oh yeah Doomshine's Claudio top tier already, and that's Pre T7. o_O

Half the time i am button mashing. You saw what i was doing with the capos. It was out of whack.
I usually remember combos mid match because of a vid i saw one time or another.
Baek i am always free to no matter who is using him.

AAK

Do you know how stupid it was to play against?

Just like every other decision I've seen with T7... Just go with the mentality that this is Namco's game and they can do whatever they want with it and I have to simply deal with it.

EDIT: Whoa.... Jose is huge. I just realized she's like as tall as Miguel.... and of coarse a bust size rivaling Dead or Alive.

Pachimari

EDIT: Whoa.... Jose is huge. I just realized she's like as tall as Miguel.... and of coarse a bust size rivaling Dead or Alive.

Yeah. The things wrong with Josie Rizal:

- Her headband, nobody wears that kind.
- She speaks English, instead of Tagalog.
- She should be small, not tall.
- The breasts are ridiculous big.

But the costume itself is refreshing and bright, love that about her. Yet, nobody really wears that.

Seeing the Philippines stage in Tag 2 were so perfect, to this Filipino character missing the mark is sad, but I'll be content.
I hope they will listen to feedback since she is a work in progress, but I have a feeling they won't really change much.

Sayah

Yeah. The things wrong with Josie Rizal:

- Her headband, nobody wears that kind.
- She speaks English, instead of Tagalog.
- She should be small, not tall.
- The breasts are ridiculous big.

But the costume itself is refreshing and bright, love that about her. Yet, nobody really wears that.

Seeing the Philippines stage in Tag 2 were so perfect, to this Filipino character missing the mark is sad, but I'll be content.
I hope they will listen to feedback since she is a work in progress, but I have a feeling they won't really change much.

She already has a CG panel. I don't think much is changing if anything.

Someone brought up a point elsewhere that worries me. Could this be offensive to Filipinos? Imagine if there was finally a black female character but her names Martina Luther King and was just some big breasted light skinned black chick in a bikini top and booty shorts with an afro? That would seem like it would piss a lot of people off. It's not to far off from this situation naming Josie after Jose Rizal, so I wonder if it could actually piss people off.

Sayah

Someone brought up a point elsewhere that worries me. Could this be offensive to Filipinos? Imagine if there was finally a black female character but her names Martina Luther King and was just some big breasted light skinned black chick in a bikini top and booty shorts with an afro? That would seem like it would piss a lot of people off. It's not to far off from this situation naming Josie after Jose Rizal, so I wonder if it could actually piss people off.

Josie Rizal was trending on twitter.

CBRO6IAUsAACiEY.jpg:large

There hasn't been any uproar by Filipino fans.

Numb

This is basically who i wanted and you are talking about. Only missing the name. It depends on person to person what they find offensive.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
And now I will beg for a Danish character. But the closest I'll ever get is probably Lars, and that's fine with me. :)

The closest Lars comes to representing anything Swedish is his name. Aside from that, it may as well be an honorary status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom