• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

If I could I'd kidnap JDCR, take some of his blood and inject it straight into my veins!
You might start seeing shit in super slow-mo and start doing electrics with one hand.
It is very addicting so watch out for the JDCR blood.
DEATH™;158013691 said:
That's an insult to JDCR.

JDCR doesn't live like a bum.
He has shoes so already richer than Ryu.
Just waiting to see if someone can stop him here. They are really good.

GrayFoxPL

Some Zevil Gin and 1 Gin with tonic.

fxciwb.gif

lghbjg.gif

ffmkyb.gif

emymsg.gif

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Hope DJ gets some of his cool Tekken 6 customs back. I don't even remember what he had in Tag 2.

Also, they really gotta work on the lighting of his wings. They look so flat when they shine. Like paper near the tips.

AAK

Is hiring eg. French voice actress to record 4 lines and say goodbye really more work and devotion from Tekken dev then what other devs choose to do?

It looks more like a fan service to me then anything.

Well I was mostly referring to SF rather than MK. BUT I'm directly making the comparison betweeen Native voice vs Japanese/English voice. So in the above scenario instead of having a french speaker you'll just have an English or Japanese speaker having said 4 lines.

Native is much more pleasing.

But going back to your post If Tekken was to have the same amount of effort as Mortal Kombat X.... then sure I'd be content with the removal of native tongues.

GrayFoxPL

Well I was mostly referring to SF rather than MK. BUT I'm directly making the comparison betweeen Native voice vs Japanese/English voice. So in the above scenario instead of having a french speaker you'll just have an English or Japanese speaker having said 4 lines.

Native is much more pleasing.

But going back to your post If Tekken was to have the same amount of effort as Mortal Kombat X.... then sure I'd be content with the removal of native tongues.

I was just saying that choosing English or Japanese over native and having more spoken content is not a sign of laziness.

Other things:

What is this profanity?!

Manbig

I lived through the days of 40% to 50% off of Hellsweep. I don't want to go back. Do you know how stupid it was to play against?

Don't forget that it was that damage + far above average oki off of that Hellsweep back in those days too.

With the crazy juggle damage scaling in this game though, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If his only option to pick up after it is 1+4, then he's going to get peanuts for damage. This honestly seems to be the case for all low hitting juggle starters in this game.

I'm cool with Josie's gameplay. I dig the Brad style kickboxing with the swaying. The whole crying after the match thing though? Her concept is almost as bad as Lucky Chloe's visual design. Not digging her face either. Looks like Ling or Asuka with a tan.

Seems like I was right about Jin's buffs. Full juggle off of CD4, which gives him solid wall carry off of it and normal hit EWHF gives juggles now. These are pretty huge changes for him.

AAK

I honestly think Jin is looking far scarier than DJin. He's now a full fledged Mishima with an electric/hell sweep that launches. And he's also got the best parry in the game, easy 15 frame can-can, 14fr WS launcher, and the superior demon's paw.

Sayah

Off-Topic: I really should have been getting work done tonight but today was too great of a day to miss out on entertainment. AMAZING Walking Dead season finale and AMAZING Wrestlemania 31.

I think a lot of Filipino fans are happy that there's finally a character representing them but a lot also wished she had a different design and personality.

lupinko

Off-Topic: I really should have been getting work done tonight but today was too great of a day to miss out on entertainment. AMAZING Walking Dead season finale and AMAZING Wrestlemania 31.

I think a lot of Filipino fans are happy that there's finally a character representing them but a lot also wished she had a different design and personality.

She just needs Tagalog or Taglish and random singing. Then she'll be set.

Bayonetta designer lady draping Josie in the flag is ok.

Don't forget that it was that damage + far above average oki off of that Hellsweep back in those days too.

With the crazy juggle damage scaling in this game though, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If his only option to pick up after it is 1+4, then he's going to get peanuts for damage. This honestly seems to be the case for all low hitting juggle starters in this game.

You say that but look how far the wall carry was on that combo. Once you get to the wall damage scaling is reset. I don't care if it's not 40%, if it's 30% that's still a problem. It's a gigantic buff for a character who might have been the best character in Tag 2.

I also agree with the sentiment that Regular Jin looks pretty scary now too with his buffs.

Sayah

She just needs Tagalog or Taglish and random singing. Then she'll be set.

Bayonetta designer lady draping Josie in the flag is ok.

I think there's a higher likelihood of her speaking that now. A lot of fans seem to be requesting it.

It shouldn't be that difficult to find a VA to do it. MarkMan probably even has some contacts that could do it for the Tekken team.

lupinko

I think there's a higher likelihood of her speaking that now. A lot of fans seem to be requesting it.

It shouldn't be that difficult to find a VA to do it. MarkMan probably even has some contacts that could do it for the Tekken team.

They could just get Charice to do it, sing and voice! But that would cost too much money.

Bamco should use disney connections to have her break out into song.

Sayah

They could just get Charice to do it, sing and voice! But that would cost too much money.

Bamco should use disney connections to have her break out into song.

Seeing how much they're recycling, I don't think they have the budget for that sort of stuff.

Sayah

Honestly, at this point, with the way things are looking, I'm just glad we're getting a Tekken 7.

Stronger hints at SCVI make me happy.
DoA6 likely not happening for a long time. Last Round just released.
VF6 possibility in big trouble with the way Sega is going.

What the 3D fighting game genre needs is a completely new IP to shake things up a bit instead of the four main franchises that have been running this sub-genre since the very beginning.

Markman, what's up with her crying after the match. Is that some filipino thing I don't know about? haha.

That's some SC5 moping post match stuff, hehe.

Honestly, at this point, with the way things are looking, I'm just glad we're getting a Tekken 7.

Stronger hints at SCVI make me happy.
DoA6 likely not happening for a long time. Last Round just released.
VF6 possibility in big trouble with the way Sega is going.

What the 3D fighting game genre needs is a completely new IP to shake things up a bit instead of the four main franchises that have been running this sub-genre since the very beginning.

I've been saying the exact same thing for years and unfortunately I doubt it will happen anytime soon, if not ever. Developers seemingly just do not know how to create decent 3D fighters and as a result, totally avoid them and continue to provide us with stagnant shooters, annualized sequels and licensed games. Even Itagaki said in a interview that he doesn't want to "technically" go back to school to learn to make another fighter. It must be a plethora of work I am insinuating if he doesn't even want to think about messing with the genre anymore after the success of DOA. I love me some Tekken, DOA, SC and Virtua Fighter and i am very excited for Tekken 7, but imo we really NEED a new IP for diversity and to shake the genre up some. I really think the 3D fighter genre is on life support once again. What's after Tekken 7? DOA6 in 2018? Another F2P SC game in 2020?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I posted this on several websites but wanted to reiterate it here as well...

It doesn't matter what you think or perceive a character's look to be. At the end of the day, the TEKKEN Project team dictates the look, story and atmosphere of the game and it's characters. No Japanese people have hair like Heihachi but does that make him not Japanese? That's what I thought.

If you want something that caters to you, hope that you dream it when you go to bed. Or better yet, make it happen.

Remember. It's just a game. It's not real life.

:)

Pachimari

I'm just happy we got a Filipina character.

And I LOVE that we have gotten girl characters like Lili, Asuka, Lucky Chloe and Josie Rizal. Like them all more than Nina and Anna Williams.

av2k

Josie looks like she was made in Tag's customization mode and imported as a main character in the game. Wish they put a Filipino male or female boxer instead (cough) named Panny Macquiao or Pacman(Namco owning Pacman and all). :| Jin and DJ looking good but wish they were scheduled to be put later on in the game's life to build suspense as to what happened to one of the main protagonist.

AAK

Damn that's so obvious AV but I never even thought of that. Manny Pacquiao being a southpaw would be so interesting in Tekken. His right limb would be used for the quick pokes and jabs while the left hand for the power hits and such.... however when I think about it, it could have probably been integrated into Steve Fox.

But then again we now have Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, and Kazumi all practicing some form of Karate so I'm sure there's room to innovate with boxing.

You say that but look how far the wall carry was on that combo. Once you get to the wall damage scaling is reset. I don't care if it's not 40%, if it's 30% that's still a problem. It's a gigantic buff for a character who might have been the best character in Tag 2.

I keep hearing that damage scaling resets at the wall. I honestly don't notice this.

Pachimari

There's no place for a Manny-like character, we got Steve Fox for that.
I'm very fine with Rizal representing Eskrima and kickboxing.

Though, I would welcome Zafina back for her unique fighting style.

Some Rizal fanart, my goodness:

Pachimari

Is it just me or does the background not seem to be connected to the stage itself in the snowy area? Or is it just the stream?

[edit] I quoted the wrong post. But you know what I mean, the snow stage.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
You're just saying this because of the positive reaction your character got :p
I agree though. This community made me a more passionate fan too^^

Honestly. I follow the game from many aspects. Not just fans, community and competitive side, but also the development and marketing side.

So my observation was merely about the passion/requests of the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom