• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

av2k

I noticed that myself yesterday

ah, sorry about not accepting your invite yesterday, Kor and I were just sitting back and watching the Peru stream with a few beers and just left the ps3 on.

Damn that's so obvious AV but I never even thought of that. Manny Pacquiao being a southpaw would be so interesting in Tekken. His right limb would be used for the quick pokes and jabs while the left hand for the power hits and such.... however when I think about it, it could have probably been integrated into Steve Fox.

But then again we now have Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, and Kazumi all practicing some form of Karate so I'm sure there's room to innovate with boxing.

I keep hearing that damage scaling resets at the wall. I honestly don't notice this.

Yeah, southpaw stance would be really bad ass. Steve Fox already has Mike Tyson's Peek-a-boo stance and Floyd Mayweather's shoulder defense stance, that'd be cool if this character had south paw stance and has a non-caring funny demeanor in the ring.

Pachimari

I actually collect them! I have a whole set of the TEKKEN ones including the rare variants! :( haha.

I just wish I had the money, but hopefully they won't be out of stock anytime soon.

I got Asuka, Alisa, Lili, JayCee and Christie.
Still need to get Nina, Xiaoyu, Jun and Anna.

Do you know if they will do the whole female Tag 2 line-up?

Doomshine

What the 3D fighting game genre needs is a completely new IP to shake things up a bit instead of the four main franchises that have been running this sub-genre since the very beginning.

I'm not so sure people are that excited to jump into the "lucrative" 3D fighter market.

The way Namco is handling SC...I don't think I want a SCVI.

I really dislike this attitude, I've seen it from VF fans as well when people suggest that they make it more visually appealing.

Is it just me or does the background not seem to be connected to the stage itself in the snowy area? Or is it just the stream?

[edit] I quoted the wrong post. But you know what I mean, the snow stage.

It's an infinite stage, they've always been like that.

Pachimari

Yeah but it's still a minor issue to me and something that is sticking out but again, it have never been a problem and won't be a problem.

lupinko

Well I played TEKKEN 7 after a work party tonight, it somehow made me sober. I did ok, anyway in about 20 or so minutes Jin and Practice Mode will be made available.

I'm heading home now because when the clock strikes midnight it's my birthday.

Numb

Well I played TEKKEN 7 after a work party tonight, it somehow made me sober. I did ok, anyway in about 20 or so minutes Jin and Practice Mode will be made available.

Happy birthday man
I need to play that game soon. I hope we get some info at E3 or something.

Pachimari

Happy birthday Lupinko! Enjoy your day tomorrow. :)

I'm gonna try and find an Ethernet cable for my PS3, so I can start getting back into online play on Tag 2.

sasuke_91

Honestly. I follow the game from many aspects. Not just fans, community and competitive side, but also the development and marketing side.

So my observation was merely about the passion/requests of the fans.

I was joking. Sorry if I offended you, that wasn't my intention.

ah, sorry about not accepting your invite yesterday, Kor and I were just sitting back and watching the Peru stream with a few beers and just left the ps3 on.

Ooh, and I thought you got yourself a PS3 again.

Happy birthday :)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm currently in London. Heading back home tomorrow. Excited to test/record some TEKKEN 7 stuff and pack it up and get it ready for NorCal Regionals. Anyone going this weekend?

I was joking. Sorry if I offended you, that wasn't my intention.

No offense taken! :)

DEATH™

I'm currently in London. Heading back home tomorrow. Excited to test/record some TEKKEN 7 stuff and pack it up and get it ready for NorCal Regionals. Anyone going this weekend?

No offense taken! :)

Me, Kevin (Forsaken) and Tray (P.Ling) are trying to go. Are you gonna be there on Friday? I'll be out of town for the weekend... Also, can we use ojr sticks? Mine has a Myounshin on it...

Sayah

I'm not so sure people are that excited to jump into the "lucrative" 3D fighter market.

Well, there have been new attempts in the past like the Mortal Kombat switch to 3D, which turned out terrible. And even though we've had stuff like Bloody Roar, it's also a dead franchise.

I was hoping TKXSF would be that new IP but Namco's been delaying it for 5 years since its first announcement at Comic-Con 2010.

Happy birthday!

Rizal makes me hyped!

78eS0Nh.jpg

eEFVkcB.jpg

XuXKxhO.jpg

jXvpex6.jpg

Wow. Nice work.

I've been saying the exact same thing for years and unfortunately I doubt it will happen anytime soon, if not ever. Developers seemingly just do not know how to create decent 3D fighters and as a result, totally avoid them and continue to provide us with stagnant shooters, annualized sequels and licensed games. Even Itagaki said in a interview that he doesn't want to "technically" go back to school to learn to make another fighter. It must be a plethora of work I am insinuating if he doesn't even want to think about messing with the genre anymore after the success of DOA. I love me some Tekken, DOA, SC and Virtua Fighter and i am very excited for Tekken 7, but imo we really NEED a new IP for diversity and to shake the genre up some. I really think the 3D fighter genre is on life support once again. What's after Tekken 7? DOA6 in 2018? Another F2P SC game in 2020?

Well, it's true developing a new 3D fighter would require substantial resources but I hope somebody steps forward. If one of the bigger studios took charge and created something, it's possible. We are getting a lot of new 2D fighter IPs all the time, which I imagine are just easier to create on lower budgets?

Sayah

It was a great Wrestlemania.
Stephanie McMahon bitchslaps are always fun to watch.

ImmaterialMerryBuckeyebutterfly.gif

Stephanie-slapping-Brie-gifs-001.gif

When someone posts a deal with it gif, this should be the response. :lol
Stephanie-and-Batista.gif

Others

Bonus:

h0POF.gif

Tekken Zaibatsu forums are back up for those concerned.

I thought after all that downtime, there would be some sort of major site update or something......

I can't use Tekken Zaibatsu with the way it is right now. Feels too archaic.

Man once you stop watching wrestling you can never go back. I quit wrestling 10 years ago and I honestly can't watch this stuff anymore. It's like a big joke to me.

Sayah

Man once you stop watching wrestling you can never go back. I quit wrestling 10 years ago and I honestly can't watch this stuff anymore. It's like a big joke to me.

I usually just tune into major events like Wrestlemania and sometimes Raw.
But its been well over a decade since I quit watching it regularly. I remember the old days back when I didn't have cable and got UPN through antenna and looked forward to watching Thursday night SmackDown! every week with no access to Raw since no Spike TV :(. Those days are long gone but they were fun.

I miss the Raw vs. SmackDown! rivalries they used to have. And the big roster changing events. But they don't do that any longer.

Watched a recent episode of SmackDown! and it's pretty much a Raw replay. :lol.

DEATH™

It all depends on the booking... WWE was poorly booked for a while now. You gotta thank Punk for at least calling this out and pretty much spark the changes for the last few years (though they still mostly don't know what they are doing I.e. Reigns fiasco)

Also manbig that rko is nothing to Ace Crusher yo.

GrayFoxPL

Happy Birthday man, thanks for all info.

Sayah

DEATH™;158131966 said:
Meh... Faces also can be good. See Daniel Bryan.

(The problem is it's harder to be a believable face than a heel)

Yeah, it's harder but eh heels are more fun. The more you get boo'd, the better the job you're doing.

I really dislike this attitude, I've seen it from VF fans as well when people suggest that they make it more visually appealing.

I don't like how They did dropped support for SCV. How the Best Soul Calibur game got the shaft in its online remake. And then Lost Swords. That's three strikes. Unless SCVI looks anything like SC1-3, I'm more than likely not gonna buy it.

Doomshine

I don't like how They did dropped support for SCV. How the Best Soul Calibur game got the shaft in its online remake. And then Lost Swords. That's three strikes. Unless SCVI looks anything like SC1-3, I'm more than likely not gonna buy it.

Sure, I get that, but this idea that you would rather not have the game because they might fuck it up than actually seeing what they come out with is just weird to me.

Pachimari

I actually don't care much about other 3D fighters. I mean, I really like parts of Mortal Kombat, Dead or Alive, Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur, but the only fighter I really play is Tekken. But the more competition, the better for every single developer, publisher and fan.

I also hope Sega will step up their game, and bring us Virtua Fighter 6. But of course their strategy have changed to focus on mobile and big franchises.

Sure, I get that, but this idea that you would rather not have the game because they might fuck it up than actually seeing what they come out with is just weird to me.

Because their current design philosophies aren't in line with what made me a Soul Calibur fan. Lost Swords can be as indicative to what SCVI can be just as Tekken Revo was for Tekken 7.

I want them to make a good Soul Calibur game. I don't see that happening with the current heads at Namco thinking that Soul Calibur fans don't care about the fighting...

Sayah

Because their current design philosophies aren't in line with what made me a Soul Calibur fan. Lost Swords can be as indicative to what SCVI can be just as Tekken Revo was for Tekken 7.

I want them to make a good Soul Calibur game. I don't see that happening with the current heads at Namco thinking that Soul Calibur fans don't care about the fighting...

Despite Tekken Rev having some similarities with Tekken 7, the F2P model is far from being similar to a full-fledged sequel.

If Tekken 7 carried over the RPG leveling type system, then I would be very concerned but that's not the case.

Plus, isn't Lost Swords single player only? A potential SCVI game is not going to replicate the Lost Swords model.

AAK

Wrestling was at its peak for me when there were such epic Hardyz vs Dudleyz vs Edge/Christian rivalries.

Last wrestling match I can remember was Kurt Angle vs Brock vs Giant. So I haven't watched it in forever.

Numb

Wrestling was at its peak for me when there were such epic Hardyz vs Dudleyz vs Edge/Christian rivalries.

Last wrestling match I can remember was Kurt Angle vs Brock vs Giant. So I haven't watched it in forever.

I dropped wrestling about 12 yrs ago or something even though i was really into it but then started again this year.
I find that i am always laughing at what is happening now and are enjoying it.
I don't take it as seriously since i am not a kid anymore

Sayah

I dropped wrestling about 12 yrs ago or something even though i was really into it but then started again this year.
I find that i am always laughing at what is happening now and are enjoying it.
I don't take it as seriously since i am not a kid anymore

Yeah, I'm usually just laughing at everything.

Like this scene right here had me cracking up. Young me would have been taking it all seriously.

tumblr_nlozzwqODN1thrui5o2_250.gif

I remember Kurt Angle. All the "you suck" chants that perfectly rhythm-ed with his theme music.

Numb

Seems like people stopped watching wrestling around the same time.
I have no idea what caused it either.
I come back and 90% of the people i don't recognize. Where is Goldberg and Edge and countless others? What the hell happened to kane and why is he wearing a suit instead of his mask and spandex bodying fools and setting shit on fire? The fuck is Booker T doing behind a desk instead of kicking ass? I am so confused but it is hilarious.

I really hate Game OTs when they are in their honey moon state. It's impossible to have any kind of logical discussion about the game. Too many people just blindly praising the game. The blind Bloodborne love is making me dislike the game.

Numb

I really hate Game OTs when they are in their honey moon state. It's impossible to have any kind of logical discussion about the game. Too many people just blindly praising the game. The blind Bloodborne love is making me dislike the game.

It is the biggest game to come out so far this year and luckily lived up to the hype which rarely happens. Any discussion that is not about praising the game is frowned upon more than usual. How many times can one bring up the loading times?They are still annoying tho.

Dereck

I haven't entered or posted in any Bloodborne OT since the game has come out. Don't let the popularity of a game change your opinion on the game, because I think that's just illogical. Overall though, OTs on less popular games are the best OTs since your post doesn't get buried in with everything else. Anyway I don't like to talk about other OTs in another OT, seems counterproductive.

Numb

Wrestlemania... the day when everybody inexplicably kicks out of multiple finishers

and I love it

where's the "Rousey for T7" petition

Is Brock lesners's face made of paper? dude is bleeding all over the place for no reason.
She would be amazing for it.

sasuke_91

Too much hype kills the hype. Sounds weird, but it's definitely true for me.

I haven't entered or posted in any Bloodborne OT since the game has come out. Don't let the popularity of a game change your opinion on the game, because I think that's just illogical. Overall though, OTs on less popular games are the best OTs since your post doesn't get buried in with everything else. Anyway I don't like to talk about other OTs in another OT, seems counterproductive.

I don't like OTs for big games or franchises either. Posts get buried way too fast and it fells like I'm being ignored.
I got to play a little on a friend's PS4 and the game feels and looks awesome.
Does it live up to the expectations in your opinion?

Atleast there is no blind love for Tekken 7 in here.
Lol. The love/hate ratio falls and rises with every announcement.

Dereck

I don't like OTs for big games or franchises either. Posts get buried way too fast and it fells like I'm being ignored.
I got to play a little on a friend's PS4 and the game feels and looks awesome.
Does it live up to the expectations in your opinion?
My expectations of it being a Dark Souls game on PS4, yes

Numb

Lol. The love/hate ratio falls and rises with every announcement.

That has been the case with me. I am sure the next anouncement will bring my hype from Josie down. Unless it is big red guy and his gameplay is good.
If Mokujin and Jinpachi are announced there is nothing that can be done to make me less hyped.

Bloodborne is the most disappointing game I've played in forever. I just can't understand the praise for a game that is so inferior to it's predecessors. It's like going from Melee to Brawl. It's that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom