• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Bloodborne is the most disappointing game I've played in forever. I just can't understand the praise for a game that is so inferior to it's predecessors. It's like going from Melee to Brawl. It's that bad.
Opinions and all.

I think Bloodborne lives up to the hype and is one of the best games this generation so far. And this praise is coming from someone who had a hard time getting into Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

Just last week it clicked for me in Dark Souls and it felt awesome. And now I'm playing Bloodborne and I intend for it to be the first Souls game I complete.

It was and in cases still frustrating to start over when dying all the time but luckily I'm really good at the mechanics now, so I can enjoy the whole atmosphere, design and world building, not to say the lore.

I never thought I would like a game like this because I hate long load times and difficult games, but this one is okay because it is fair. And you never know what kind of creatures you're gonna meet next.

It's so immerse, graphics is pretty and the sound design is beautiful to my ears while wearing my Sennheiser headset. I couldn't ask for much more, and I usually dislike these kind of games.

I do agree that huge OTs for big franchises are moving way too fast with way many participants but thankfully the Bloodborne community on here have been really helpful to me.

Bloodborne is fantastic, and so is Tekken.

Opinions and all that.

Numb

Opinions and all.

I think Bloodborne lives up to the hype and is one of the best games this generation so far. And this praise is coming from someone who had a hard time getting into Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

Just last week it clicked for me in Dark Souls and it felt awesome. And now I'm playing Bloodborne and I intend for it to be the first Souls game I complete.

It was and in cases still frustrating to start over when dying all the time but luckily I'm really good at the mechanics now, so I can enjoy the whole atmosphere, design and world building, not to say the lore.

I never thought I would like a game like this because I hate long load times and difficult games, but this one is okay because it is fair. And you never know what kind of creatures you're gonna meet next.

It's so immerse, graphics is pretty and the sound design is beautiful to my ears while wearing my Sennheiser headset. I couldn't ask for much more, and I usually dislike these kind of games.

I do agree that huge OTs for big franchises are moving way too fast with way many participants but thankfully the Bloodborne community on here have been really helpful to me.

Bloodborne is fantastic, and so is Tekken.

Opinions and all that.

I enjoyed Dark 1 the most. I did play 2 but i enjoyed Bloodborne more even though i have yet to finish it. The game is good and is better if not compared to the previous ones all the time.
You still down for some tekken?

Sayah

I was gonna buy bloodborne at launch but decided against it. Would definitely interfere and get in the way of me getting work done for this semester. I figured I could wait for a price drop anyway since I also have a huge backlog.

Edit: I also enjoyed Dark 1 more than any of the other Souls games.

The second one is good but it has shortcomings. The map design is kind of awful. Some bonfires have the most random placement that doesn't make sense at all. Enemies don't respawn, which is both good and bad. Boss fights are my biggest complaint with Dark 2, though. They're just not as fun or memorable as Dark 1 or Demon's.

Numb

I was gonna buy bloodborne at launch but decided against it. Would definitely interfere and get in the way of me getting work done for this semester. I figured I could wait for a price drop anyway since I also have a huge backlog.

That is smart. It will give them time to fix all the bullshit and the prize will be less too.
I tried to play my backlog and games were being added faster than i could finish them.

Sayah

That is smart. It will give them time to fix all the bullshit and the prize will be less too.
I tried to play my backlog and games were being added faster than i could finish them.

Yeah, plus that. I can wait for them to patch the loading times and other issues people are having.

Pachimari

Yeah I'm gonna stop buy games for some months, I have gotten too many recently and I also want to dedicate time toward Tekken, cause I don't want to give up becoming real good at it.

But yeah, while playing Bloodborne, I can't really compare it to the earlier games, because I only played Demon's and Dark 1 for one hour each.

It's also my birthday next month, so I hope to get Scholar of the First Sin and Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. I'll have a lot to play all year.

Anyway, I'm so happy Rizal is in, I'm gonna main her forever!

Manbig

I just cracked open my copy of Bloodborne yesterday, and yeah, I think I'm gonna wait on that load times patch before I continue. I'll just go back to finishing Final Fantasy Type 0.

BB lacks depth & options. It also is missing an insane amount of features from previous souls games. The biggest problem though is no matter what your equipment the way you play never changes. There is one way to play the game & solve the battles that's it. It's boring & gives me no reason to replay it which is a crime for a souls game.

Sayah

BB lacks depth & options. It also is missing an insane amount of features from previous souls games. The biggest problem though is no matter what your equipment the way you play never changes. There is one way to play the game & solce the battles that's it.

I'll give my update and impressions (if I remember to) once I play it.

Playing without shield doesn't seem as great to me either since I'm sword/shield user in the Souls games but we'll see.

Pachimari

I guess it's good that I am "starting out" with Bloodborne then. I'm crazy about it and I love that there isn't too much negativity about it, as there's too much negativity going around on GAF already.

I'll give my update and impressions (if I remember to) once I play it.

Playing without shield doesn't seem as great to me either since I'm sword/shield user in the Souls games but we'll see.

It's not about the shield it's about the lack of build options & the builds available all play identical.

AAK

Dereck

Madridista I highly recommend you to check out this Youtube playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTcgJ_WRRj7ghddWtWfawoDm587xbvpif

THis belongs to a guy called TheOriginalGamingBubsy. He posts some really great videos on how to improve your gamestyle. I think it's worded articulately and a nice tool for beginners.

Also another great channel is REal Menace:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwKg1Pw2hPTAwRUOxrH9pZg

But he does a lot of analyses at a bit of a higher level.
Did you watch the Inkog interview

That's my fault. Sorry. I was looking for a place to vent my annoyance. TTT2:OT is like a safe haven lol

Pretty soon we are going to start seeing Jin vids. I wanna see more of him. I wanna know what else they changed & what other new moves he has.

Still like playing TTT2 but not much motivation for me to do so. Was in ranked a couple nights ago for the first time in about a month, had me completely
clNyBp0.png

Hopefully I can hit up Combo Breaker to potentially mess around with T7 if it makes it there, and then I can practice up TTT2 and enter that.

AAK

Zero, any chance you and the upstate crew can make it here in a couple of months:

https://www.facebook.com/events/893675634015908/

Still like playing TTT2 but not much motivation for me to do so. Was in ranked a couple nights ago for the first time in about a month, had me completely
clNyBp0.png

Hopefully I can hit up Combo Breaker to potentially mess around with T7 if it makes it there, and then I can practice up TTT2 and enter that.

Enjoying SC:LS at least? :p

Dereck

Is anyone going to EVO this year, I'm thinking of going and I'm also thinking of having a GAF meetup there.

EDIT: Shit, I thought it was in June.

Zero, any chance you and the upstate crew can make it here in a couple of months:

https://www.facebook.com/events/893675634015908/

I can't speak for the rest of Upstate unfortunately but I might try to make it. The Old Upstate is pretty much non-existent, the B-Lo Crew will probably go but I have no affiliation with them. That should be after finals so there is a good chance I might go. Double that chance if Tekken 7 is there. It would be my first tournament since NEC(still fuckin pissed about that tournament).

lupinko

Thanks for the birthday wishes TekkenGAF, I took the day off today too. I got my cake and now I'm going to get the Marnie (Ghibli movie) Bluray and my birthday pokemon from the Pokemon Center. Oh and play some T7, since there's a proper practice mode now and check out Jin.

Sayah

Thanks for the birthday wishes TekkenGAF, I took the day off today too. I got my cake and now I'm going to get the Marnie (Ghibli movie) Bluray and my birthday pokemon from the Pokemon Center. Oh and play some T7, since there's a proper practice mode now and check out Jin.

There's an actual Pokemon Center in Japan and they give out birthday Pokemon?
So jelly right now. :p

Anyway, have fun and enjoy.

Pachimari

That's so cool that they're giving out birthday Pokemon. Can't wait for your impression of the practice mode and Jin Kazama.

THis belongs to a guy called TheOriginalGamingBubsy. He posts some really great videos on how to improve your gamestyle. I think it's worded articulately and a nice tool for beginners.

Thanks AAK! I'm gonna check it out. :)

I havent playwd TTT2 in a long time. I just boot up TR, then get angry while I play it till my 5 coins are gone. I don't know why I do this.

T7 can't come soon enough.

lupinko

I tried out practice mode, they give you 5 min the entire time to use it. So like console but with a timer.

Jin is really popular, like 60% of the players today used Jin.

He's pretty strong right now I think, but still early. I need to get more BNBs with Kat because I only get by with shenanigans so far. Lol

Looks like some people in the Philippines are not happy about Josie after all.
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/stor...ial-unhappy-with-tekken-character-josie-rizal

Fine, just call her Josie Pineda after Journey's frontman. :p

sasuke_91

Looks like some people in the Philippines are not happy about Josie after all.
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/stor...ial-unhappy-with-tekken-character-josie-rizal

Haha Namco knows how to piss off people. First the thing with letting people trample on the name of God (but yeah, this is very offensive and no, what that guy in the other thread said about how this would equal worshipping a symbol is not true :p) and now the thing with Jos(i)e Riezal.
I didn't know that her clothes had the colors of Phillipinean flag. That's pretty clever^^

I know that. I'm half Filipino as well. I just don't like the name.
Personal preferences and all.

Even my aunt is named Josie.
You have to tell her how much you hate her name :p

Pachimari

Actually she's not really my aunt. More like my mothers friend who I visited a lot when I were a kid back then. But it's not a problem to me, I'll just have to live with the name Josie and it's fine.

I'll just call her Rizal. :)

Also I think her clothes should have more red than yellow in it.

But generally the design is growing on me.

Spuck-uk

Banned

They're also both legit good UK tournament players, and I've gotten wrecked by both of them online before.

Pachimari

I think Tekken 4 was great, at least as a casual player back then. Tag 2 is the perfection for me. I didn't like Tekken 6 much.

Anyway, this game were also released in Japan, 19 years ago:

coXf8d2.jpg

That was the first Tekken game I played. And after having played 2, 3, Tag and 4, I went back and tried out Tekken 1. I also loved Tekken Advance for some reason.

I'm just gonna post the current Tekken 7 roster again:

There's 23 characters of a possible 38. With Yoshimitsu, Kazumi and the red guy leaked, that gives us 26. And veterans like Lei, Nina, Chang, Kuma, Roger and Jack (if he's not the red guy) are sure to be back. Bob is popular, so he's probably in too. Which gives us 33 of a possible 38 characters. I hope Lee, Miguel, Zafina, Eliza and one of Eddy or Bruce turns up.

By the way, is there supposed to no sound in this Tekken stream video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom