• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

This would have been the perfect design for Rizal to me:

OXqZlRH.jpg

I feel like the fandom surrounding Rizal is pretty big:

Tweet:
There is always a chance
RT@amiraicimas Hello I have a question for you :) there is any chance that Shin Kamiya will appear in tekken 7? :)
Oh please bring him on haha! Nah, he's definitely joking now.

I'm full of joy!:

AAK

That Yoshi/Zafina...

Man, European Tekken is sooo good to watch. You get to see Raven, Wang, Ogre, Zafina, Yoshi in top 16's of a continental tournament.

Dereck

KOR did 24 w2,1s (not the kind you do after a punish), and landed 19 of them.

That's what I would like to think after watching those matches.

Post Tekken 3 Tekken has shrunk in terms of popularity. What does the GAF community think could be done to bring the franchise back to its Tekken 3 levels of popularity? What does Tekken GAF think are the reason for this current slump?

DEATH™

Post Tekken 3 Tekken has shrunk in terms of popularity. What does the GAF community think could be done to bring the franchise back to its Tekken 3 levels of popularity? What does Tekken GAF think are the reason for this current slump?

not show up for 10 years and go back when people are tired of dumbed down games...

AAK

It's crazy considering he was on the verge of getting destroyed by Phantom before coming back winning 3 matches straight.

No fighting game will ever get back to the level of Tekken 3.

Sayah

It's not just a matter of Tekken. It's a matter of fighting games in general. We're not going to get another Tekken 3 again unless you want to count the Smash Bros. series.

Numb

Mishima combo maker.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MitsuGTO885/videos

Everyone keep telling him to go to tournaments, but he doesn't really have experience with that so he got beat up.

But you know first cats over the fence.(Polish proverb)

Everyone would get beat up if they faced JDCR off the bat.
Somehow i thought he was less popular than Aris.
I live in Sweden and i can't believe it. Most of my friends who dont't even play Tekken know the bearded Tekken guy cos they see him commentating at some tournaments or at Evo.

GrayFoxPL

Everyone would get beat up if they faced JDCR off the bat.
Somehow i thought he was less popular than Aris.
I live in Sweden and i can't believe it. Most of my friends who dont't even play Tekken know the bearded Tekken guy cos they see him commentating at some tournaments or at Evo.

Didn't mean JDCR.

Numb

He did do better against Remy and Real menace if i remember correctly.
But he is still inexperienced and it shows.

GrayFoxPL

He did do better against Remy and Real menace if i remember correctly.
But he is still inexperienced and it shows.

Yeah and on casuals on stream he lost pretty much everything.

But when you see electrics from full screen you just ask: "why?"

He has some crazy execution and combos but he gotta work on those matchups and setups. Nobody will just want to run into his electrics.

AAK

JDCR is literally a monster. Help Me would do a jab and if it missed he was launched.

Man, it would be so awesome for one more international tournament where both Abel and JDCR were invited and they had a real showdown.

GrayFoxPL

JDCR is Superman in Tekken community.

Knee could be Batman.

Devil showed wider audience he can mess ppl up and I hope we'll see him in more tourneys. Though no Tekken player in Poland has the money to travel too far sadly. But I'd like to see him in US more.

lupinko

Looks like color edit is only available via premium, I don't feel like paying 300Y a month for that.

Too bad because I wanted to give Kat a red jacket and pink bra/thong.

I have more customs now, I have a top hat and a 10 gallon hat, I should see if Al Jazeera can wear them.

GrayFoxPL

Looks like color edit is only available via premium, I don't feel like paying 300Y a month for that.

Too bad because I wanted to give Kat a red jacket and pink bra/thong.

I have more customs now, I have a top hat and a 10 gallon hat, I should see if Al Jazeera can wear them.

Shit. Wonder how much it costs for Kazuya to wear his old ass Karate pants? :p.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I really hope they don't just copy TTT2's customs and then sprinkle a piddly handful of new ones here and there. If they don't want to get rid of any going forward, fine (although I certainly could do without stupid flapping wings), but at the very least they should bring over Tekken 6's character-specific customs. I thought I saw a few of those some months ago (I recall seeing a picture of Paul's magical growing hair, which was absent from Tekken 6), but since then it's been nothing but tired looking TTT2 customs that have weak textures, no physics, and don't seem to fit anyone properly. Not to mention they almost always end up looking garish.

In other words, I guess I'd like to seem them bring back T6's character specific customs and add new character specific customs of the same quality. Tag 2 had more free-form coloring and the whole decals system, but in every other way it was a big step down in quality and I hate to see them using it as a base.

But of course, the game is still being developed...

lupinko

These are the latest items via treasure box:

rFrkHZA.png

Treasure box is a mini game to get items, lotto tickets for items, orbs to develop items and fight money as well as experience. You build up experience to use it. To get the other boxes you can pay an addition 100¥ to get them, which I have done sadly.

761QN5S.png

This is what you can customize for her top, her pants are based on the line patterns instead.

rcDV5An.png

f39Xwez.png

Shit. Wonder how much it costs for Kazuya to wear his old ass Karate pants? :p.

I sat beside a guy with 400 wins on Asuka with her wearing a whore outfit. Lol

GrayFoxPL

I really hope they don't just copy TTT2's customs and then sprinkle a piddly handful of new ones here and there. If they don't want to get rid of any going forward, fine (although I certainly could do without stupid flapping wings), but at the very least they should bring over Tekken 6's character-specific customs. I thought I saw a few of those some months ago (I recall seeing a picture of Paul's magical growing hair, which was absent from Tekken 6), but since then it's been nothing but tired looking TTT2 customs that have weak textures, no physics, and don't seem to fit anyone properly. Not to mention they almost always end up looking garish.

In other words, I guess I'd like to seem them bring back T6's character specific customs and add new character specific customs of the same quality. Tag 2 had more free-form coloring and the whole decals system, but in every other way it was a big step down in quality and I hate to see them using it as a base.

But of course, the game is still being developed...

To be honest, they are using Tag2 customs but they are fitting those better to models at least.
The clothes "stick" little tighter to characters so they are not looking as ugly as in Tag 2 where the seemed to float and "fatted" the characters bizarrely.

They still aren't close to T6 customs quality. But maybe those weren't "compatible" with T7 custom system. Let's remember that T6 had individual items on feet, hands etc.

Tag 2 custom system is just much cheaper but it makes for just much fucking cheaper customs.

The only thing I ever found bizarre and puzzling was that in Revolution they gave back Jin his original T6 costume as paid one. It's quite shocking since everything else is just Tag2 customs and Tag2 doesn't have that Jin costume.

I sat beside a guy with 400 wins on Asuka with her wearing a whore outfit. Lol

Haha good one! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom