• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuke_91

Was the Steve/Hwaorang player named EX Soldier by any chance? Because he's pretty sick

I went 0-2 at hypespotting but had a really fun time considering how rusty I am, got me wanting to play more when I was seriously considering packing in Tekken until 7 drops.

Feng/Leo is so nice..

Yeah EX Soldier. I love seeing people play my teams, and he played them in such a cool way. I'm definitely going to copy some of his stuff.

I play Xiaoyu/Leo. Xiaoyu's "low combo damage" definitely doesn't apply to this team :D

This goes without saying, the JDCR Peru jokes in the chat yesterday were disgusting,

I'm probably going to regret that I asked, but what kind of jokes did they make?

Dereck

Maybe the word disgusting was used inappropriately.

Whenever JDCR played anyone, or was on camera, the comments I saw were:

Anyone got cookies with them?

Give JDCR some cookies and he'll lose.

All you need is water and cookies and JDCR will lose, free, kappa

That kind of stuff, and that was only from reading the chat for a few seconds at a time.

EDIT: Or when JDCR would lose a round, people would say "JDCR still too shook from Peru", or "JDCR looks buttmad from Peru still".

GrayFoxPL

Stumbled upon awesome Death by Degrees video.

Didn't know Tekken 2 style model was unlockable.

I must get back to it sometime. Didn't finish my Anna playthrough. It's a solid game just assy controls make it feel bad often.

I'd buy a remake with fixed controls in an instant though.

1422.gif

AllenShrz

The random "lag" hit that ALWAYS happen in Tekken 7 is driving me nuts. It even happens while fighting the CPU or in local multilayer, and has made me lost matches several times now.

And the loading times... People complain about Bloodborne loading times but this is much worse given the nature that is an arcade.

Sayah

CB2qzfyVIAAYU4F.jpg

I can't tell which character this is. Xiaoyu maybe? This is what irks me with the girls becoming increasingly homogenized.

It's Chloe.

But yeah, these customs are..........

throwing-up-o.gif

I don't care regardless. I'm excited for this game!!!!!! Having a PC version would just make all these customs not matter. But if there is no PC, I guess I will have to tolerate ugly customs online. But at least most tournaments will have defaults. :)

Post Tekken 3 Tekken has shrunk in terms of popularity. What does the GAF community think could be done to bring the franchise back to its Tekken 3 levels of popularity? What does Tekken GAF think are the reason for this current slump?

I actually discussed this before in some detail, but I really don't think there is anything the Tekken team or anyone can do to bring Tekken 7 up to the unparalleled popularity of Tekken 3. We are in a new era of gaming. Fighting games are not the financial behemoths they once were before. Pragmatically speaking, I don't think we will see a fighter at the success of Tekken 3 for a long time, if ever. Unfortunately, fighting games(especially 3D) are becoming niche again and returning to the former glory days will probably take a miracle in all honesty. Most casual or mainstream gamers prefer shooters, sports and licensed games that IMO do not necessarily require the dedication and commitment of a fighting game.

lupinko

I actually discussed this before in some detail, but I really don't think there is anything the Tekken team or anyone can do to bring Tekken 7 up to the unparalleled popularity of Tekken 3. We are in a new era of gaming. Fighting games are not the financial behemoths they once were before. Pragmatically speaking, I don't think we will see a fighter at the success of Tekken 3 for a long time, if ever. Unfortunately, fighting games(especially 3D) are becoming niche again and returning to the former glory days will probably take a miracle in all honesty. Most casual or mainstream gamers prefer shooters, sports and licensed games that IMO do not necessarily require the dedication and commitment of a fighting game.

It also doesn't help that Street Fighter and MK have both come back and taken the mindshare. And of course Smash that's all in addition to Tekken still being strictly amusement driven first then home consumer second when the tides have clearly changed in regions where Tekken needs to have a big mindshare.

Spuck-uk

Banned
It also doesn't help that Street Fighter and MK have both come back and taken the mindshare. And of course Smash that's all in addition to Tekken still being strictly amusement driven first then home consumer second when the tides have clearly changed in regions where Tekken needs to have a big mindshare.

Tekken 7 will likely sell at least as well as SF4, the game is huge worldwide.

AAK

I'be talked way too much about this issue. All I'm going to say is that anything is possible if you aim high and try.

sasuke_91

Maybe the word disgusting was used inappropriately.

Whenever JDCR played anyone, or was on camera, the comments I saw were:

Anyone got cookies with them?

Give JDCR some cookies and he'll lose.

All you need is water and cookies and JDCR will lose, free, kappa

That kind of stuff, and that was only from reading the chat for a few seconds at a time.

EDIT: Or when JDCR would lose a round, people would say "JDCR still too shook from Peru", or "JDCR looks buttmad from Peru still".

Ehmm... I guess disgusting does fit these comments...

Recent Flying Wonkey twitter scraping

Those are horrible. Really, really horrible...

GrayFoxPL got banned for the next 6 months... That's a long, long time :/

Sayah

I still don't understand the purpose of Claudio having a blue flame on his hand. Does it give him some extra moves or properties or what?
GrayFoxPL got banned for the next 6 months... That's a long, long time :/

6 months?!?!?!

Damn it.

Though, honestly, I've never gotten banned but I wouldn't care if I did. This site is crazy with the bans it puts out.

Tried so hard to get a game in ranked yesterday lol. Sure seems like things really dried up in 2015.

Well, it is almost three years old now.

I was playing two weeks ago, though, and wasn't having too hard of a time finding matches. What time were you playing? There are certain times when it's very dead.

Well, it is almost three years old now.

I was playing two weeks ago, though, and wasn't having too hard of a time finding matches. What time were you playing? There are certain times when it's very dead.

Tried around noon, and 7PM, and after midnight. 15 minutes of waiting each, zero games. Same thing on Sunday.

I'm only in green ranks!!

Sayah

Tried around noon, and 7PM, and after midnight. 15 minutes of waiting each, zero games. Same thing on Sunday.

Noon, it definitely would have been dead. Should have gotten games at 7 p.m. or midnight, though. That's when everyone's off work/school/etc. Guess it is dying down a lot.

sasuke_91

Tried so hard to get a game in ranked yesterday lol. Sure seems like things really dried up in 2015.

I'm always able to get games in ranked, regardless of what time it is I try. In the morning I always get the same opponents, but in the afternoon and midnight I always get game after game without waiting too much.
Europe has the most active Online community though. I didn't know it was that bad in the US.

6 months?!?!?!

Damn it.

Though, honestly, I've never gotten banned but I wouldn't care if I did. This site is crazy with the bans it puts out.

I agree. That's why I don't post much outside of Tekken threads.

Numb

Went online for a bit and i got so much worse than i used to be. Should probably practice more.
Wow GrayFox got banned? damn.
That is a long time.

AAK

Weird... I was getting games in...but it was only in orange/brown ranks. Maybe that's why?

And damn, this thread will have a huge hole for 6 months without GF.

Numb

Weird... I was getting games in...but it was only in orange/brown ranks. Maybe that's why?

I have never been able to not get a match in Tekken ever. The last time that happened was in Tekken 6 after Tag came out.

I would take your place if i could GF.
I would atleast get to see the gifs you make even if i can't post.

I were just about to ask the same thing. What does the blue flame actually do?

The Flame gives Claudio access to 3 different move extensions.

d+2:2 - A 2 hit low where the second hit is a launcher but it's not a natural combo. Both hits are not launch punishable.

b+43:1+2 A string that usually is not very useful becomes strong combo ender.

-f+1+2:1+2 A safe 2 hit mid launcher with some high crush properties. Leads to nearly 50% damage in open ground if you do the right combo.

sasuke_91

There should be way more green ranks than orange ranks in ranked at any given time.

6 months are ridiculous. As his apprentice I shall not accept this!

I would take your place if i could GF.
I would atleast get to see the gifs you make even if i can't post.

Sorry Numb(atista) but you're not funny enough. We all tried... and failed miserably D:

Sayah

Sorry Numb(atista) but you're not funny enough. We all tried... and failed miserably D:

True that.
Half a year of no GrayFox. Unacceptable.

Create a temporary alt account GF while your main account recovers. Nobody will know. >_>

The Flame gives Claudio access to 3 different move extensions.

d+2:2 - A 2 hit low where the second hit is a launcher but it's not a natural combo. Both hits are not launch punishable.

b+43:1+2 A string that usually is not very useful becomes strong combo ender.

-f+1+2:1+2 A safe 2 hit mid launcher with some high crush properties. Leads to nearly 50% damage in open ground if you do the right combo.

Oh wow. Nice!

I want to use Claudio. Particularly, because his attacks are very hard hitting and it sounds cool when he says "ose" and pulls out the blue flame. The way the opponent animates (full body twirl) after this attack looks SO SICK.

Tekken-7-Gif-1.gif

Not even gonna pretend to be funny and embarass myself.

I do this all the time, it doesn't slow me down at all. It's like I have a form of bad joke Tourettes. Instead of just busting out with obscenities, I tell every dumb joke I think of.

It's how I achieved permenant
status in Aris' chatroom.

Of course, I will be alone forever, due to this condition. :(

Anyway, sucks about GF. Hope he can appeal or something and get his ban shortened.

PS (off topic) -- It's crazy how these guys are able to stream MKX on PS4 already in these bootleg streams. How did they manage this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom