• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuke_91

It is hard not to notice when you just danced around me. Usually takes me longer to notice things. I realized too late tho and used b+2 homing with Jinpachi that one time. You got much better at reading me too and improved overall. I just swing everywhere agaisnt you and Doom and hope something hits but you guys are super patient for that.
Thanks man. I try to be patient and concentrate on punishing, but my character knowledge is not good enough for that.
You on the other hand have great character knowledge. You know basic setups and frame traps for almost any character, punish correctly every time and launch me for every whiff and raw tag. You said once that you didn't want to play too safe because it made you feel like robot, but try it once. I give you a few months and you'll dominate the Swedish scene :p

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

latest

Numb

Thanks man. I try to be patient and concentrate on punishing, but my character knowledge is not good enough for that.
You on the other hand have great character knowledge. You know basic setups and frame traps for almost any character, punish correctly every time and launch me for every whiff and raw tag. You said once that you didn't want to play too safe because it made you feel like robot, but try it once. I give you a few months and you'll dominate the Swedish scene :p

It is easy to see what i lack but i don't actively try to work on it. Will be more patient and see if i improve. Thanks for the advise.
No scene here tho. Except those 2 guys i physically tie down and force to play with me once a month. Not because of Tekken but for all fighting games. Unless you are playing FIFA no one will play with you.

AAK

Still a side character that eventually goes away. :p

The main conflict is between Mishima Zaibatsu (headed by Jin and Nina) and G Corp (headed by Kazuya and Anna).

Whatever or whoever Raven works is non-essential in the long-term. :lol

tumblr_mfbofwRP8y1qcbdv2o1_250.gif

Also off-topic but Xenoblade X going for that best soundtrack of the year award.

These two I really love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpNXhzscjQ#t=50s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-8AeGP6CW0

The lyrical buildup for The Key We've Lost is amazing.

That second track is so good... but vocals almost always turn me off.

And yeah... I'll check out Daredevil now that you mentioned it has good choreography. :)

Sayah

That second track is so good... but vocals almost always turn me off.

And yeah... I'll check out Daredevil now that you mentioned it has good choreography. :)[/QUOTE]

I don't usually like most vocals either except for a few cases. This is one of those cases.

Also, Daredevil got [I]intense[/I] gore so I'm warning just in case you get queasy from that sort of stuff.

lupinko

TekkenGAF, I thought about getting one of my talented students to draw art on my Banapass. but since going to Squeenix's Dissidia FF loke, where I got a Lightning sticker for my Nesica card. I thought about just doing the same instead for my banapass. Thinking about getting that Kat fanart printed on a vinyl sticker.

It's probably less hassle than asking someone to draw art. Lol

Sayah

TekkenGAF, I thought about getting one of my talented students to draw art on my Banapass. but since going to Squeenix's Dissidia FF loke, where I got a Lightning sticker for my Nesica card. I thought about just doing the same instead for my banapass. Thinking about getting that Kat fanart printed on a vinyl sticker.

Which Katarina fan art are you going with?

lupinko

There was actually a tekken 7 tourney held at Playland F1R (my local top tier arcade) on Sunday. Great matches from what I saw, I didn't play in it. But hopefully in the future. I ended up playing at a nearby Taito Station and my former students ran into me while playing. Haha

But yeah getting better with Kat, her BnB launcher juggle does like 1/3 bar. I'm surprised one of the Kat players in that tourney didn't know it (but I did pick up some strats from said player). Based on the wins i figure said player has played less than me.

lupinko

I think I found a printing place but I'm kinda conflicted now because Spider-Gwen would be rad too.

ERZMrxBl.jpg

Still probably do Kat tho.

I think I found a printing place but I'm kinda conflicted now because Spider-Gwen would be rad too.

ERZMrxBl.jpg

Still probably do Kat tho.

I don't read comics but WTH was up with the controversy surrounding that Spider-Girl cover? I could not figure it out what was so offensive about it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Not that one. That one is making fun of the other one. This is the one I'm talking about
SPIDERWOMAN001Manara-06299-600x853.0.jpg

Apparently this cover had to be removed because it was sexist and offensive.

I guess people thought that the bent over position paired with the somewhat excessive leg spread was kind of rapey? And in that context, with the absence of a second character and the female lead seeming to stare back at the viewer...

But that's just a guess. I've never really followed comic books, 'cept when my grandmother sent me a bunch of old Spiderman comics from the original series back when I was eleven or twelve. But that's not following so much as reading what's put in front of me. Don't know nothing about no controversies.

lupinko

I just did a clean border of said Kat fanart with the Bamco, Banapass and Tekken 20th Anniversary logos on the bottom border.

I used other cards for reference. I didn't change anything really to just have that clean look. Too bad there isn't fan art of Shaheen throwing money at people.

EDIT: Actually, making a sticker out of the Devil Asuka design given out as a shirt at Evo last year would be dope, but there isn't a high quality version of that art available online. ='(

Pachimari

Josie Rizal is finally unlocking tomorrow!

Also, Wonkey have seen Tekken Net headers for Mokujin, Ganryu, Julia, Yoshimitsu and Williams.

Hopefully they don't dump Miguel and Zafina already. :(

AAK

BTW, how many of you guys knew about this in TTT2:

continue.gif

There are sooo many more with random team combinations... wish there was a way to see them in real player vs player matches and not only against the CPU in ghost/arcade battle.

continue.gif

There are sooo many more with random team combinations... wish there was a way to see them in real player vs player matches and not only against the CPU in ghost/arcade battle.

I knew this existed in Tag 1 but not Tag 2.

I dunno if you guys know but Taktak has been killing it lately with high level Tekken 7 videos from Korea. Really cool to see how the new characters are evolving and how many old players have switched.

https://www.youtube.com/user/taktak1893/videos

AAK

I knew this existed in Tag 1 but not Tag 2.

I dunno if you guys know but Taktak has been killing it lately with high level Tekken 7 videos from Korea. Really cool to see how the new characters are evolving and how many old players have switched.

https://www.youtube.com/user/taktak1893/videos

One of my favorites was Julia doing her bad habit on Marduk and then taunting. Marduk then proceeds to pimp slap her and she remains grounded for the rest of the continue screen.

As for the vids, do you see any new type of gamestyles that came into play so far or are they all still playing like it's T6.

Numb

continue.gif

I have never seen those before.
I played some ghost battle but never had the chance to see them.
Right, I caught my man Malgu gettin' bodied by Cornchee who is apparently a solid Shaheen player

Bodied Hao aswell. Shaheen looking mighty sick.

mr_boo

Seriously everyone. Get on that Daredevil. The fight scenes are sooooo good and well choreographed. I love Netflix for providing shows with entire seasons all at once. Makes paying their fee worth it even when I don't end up using the service for many months.
DD was surprisingly good, and I like how their execution of the main antagonist, although his voice was pretty annoying.

Numb

DD was surprisingly good, and I like how their execution of the main antagonist, although his voice was pretty annoying.

Daredevil was pretty tight. More shows should release all their episodes around the weekend so i can watch it all.

One of my favorites was Julia doing her bad habit on Marduk and then taunting. Marduk then proceeds to pimp slap her and she remains grounded for the rest of the continue screen.

As for the vids, do you see any new type of gamestyles that came into play so far or are they all still playing like it's T6.

I don't know what you mean by gameplay styles. If you mean how have the new characters been playing, Shaheen is all rushdown, his entire game seems to be revolving around his 41 which I personally saw coming since it's such a good move. Claudio is played at range 2+ most of the time, pokes, wiff punishing, until he gets a big hit then he goes in. Dunno about Chloe or Kat yet.

Numb

I usually never notice the costume colors in Tekken but these full body color ones for characters look incredible. Watching Knee with his tomato Claudio color and im impressed.

There was actually a tekken 7 tourney held at Playland F1R (my local top tier arcade) on Sunday. Great matches from what I saw, I didn't play in it. But hopefully in the future. I ended up playing at a nearby Taito Station and my former students ran into me while playing. Haha

But yeah getting better with Kat, her BnB launcher juggle does like 1/3 bar. I'm surprised one of the Kat players in that tourney didn't know it (but I did pick up some strats from said player). Based on the wins i figure said player has played less than me.

Your former students? What are you? The coolest teacher ever?

Also, Wonkey have seen Tekken Net headers for Mokujin, Ganryu, Julia, Yoshimitsu and Williams.

Bloody hell, and you just drop that bomb on me.
Finally!!!
Did he tweet about it? Do you have a link?

AAK

BTW, here's another fanart I saw online.

lupinko

BTW, here's another fanart I saw online.

Thanks!

I'll try Josie after work today, and I wish there was also some way to get a high res quality of that devil asuka for me to print a vinyl sticker, wink wink nudge nudge Markman and your connections. LOL

I don't play Asuka but a Devil Asuka Banapass would be cool.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Thanks!

I'll try Josie after work today, and I wish there was also some way to get a high res quality of that devil asuka for me to print a vinyl sticker, wink wink nudge nudge Markman and your connections. LOL

I don't play Asuka but a Devil Asuka Banapass would be cool.

I have the high-res art, I just need to find it.

Dereck

Man did this thread depress me:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1032610

I would never have thought during T6's release that another fighting game in a few years would usurp Tekken in that department.

But I'm a bitch for fanboying Tekken so much expecting it to maintain it's dominance from yesteryear. Gotta let it go.
I personally don't care for MK1-UMK3 costumes, I'm more of a fan of MK4-Armageddon, those costumes are more interesting. From what I can see/predict NR doesn't plan on using any costumes from the 1997-2008 era.

AAK

Really? Which MKX costumes specifically do you feel are more like MK1-3 rather than 4-9?

The one huge thing about MKX that I realized is that they've completely eliminated all fan-service outfits. The skimpiest outfit is only Kitana's retro one which is her MK9 version. Mileena could be pretty much naked in MK9 but now only shows her midrib for one of her outfits while the rest are pretty much well designed. A nice mature direction for me.

DEATH™

Oh Bruce will be back in Tekken Tag Tournament Three: The Takening.

At this point I don't care if TTT3 ends up having 100 chars. I want everyone in!

Seriously though, I wanna see the whole movelist first to see if they actually put some effort to make her unique over bruce. With this and the T7 outsourcing, it just screams "rushed game".

Well, this is great news. Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing Miguel and Zafina return.

DEATH™;160949494 said:
At this point I don't care if TTT3 ends up having 100 chars. I want everyone in!

Seriously though, I wanna see the whole movelist first to see if they actually put some effort to make her unique over bruce. With this and the T7 outsourcing, it just screams "rushed game".

Outsourcing? That's probably not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom