• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it.

Yeah, neither do I.
As a Nina fan I learned quickly, though, that anything but the skinniest of frames + (even worse) a bit of muscle will make women look manly to a lot of people, especially gamers. I guess we've gotten so used to seeing Japanese size zero model stick figures beating the shit out of basically anything, that anything closer to reality for female characters will just look odd to some.
Personally, I think Kat looks fantastic and I hope Namco will use the same/a similar body mesh for Nina's character model.

AAK

DEATH™;160290778 said:
Sorry bro but not at all... How many arcs does ATLA have? One (Defeat the Firelord). Aside few episodes that matter plot wise, every episode is standalone which you can cut and the plot will still go (you can't defend this especially with The Great Divide). Not that it's bad (because there is alot of character development which makes it awesome), but it's definitely not Shounen style story telling

Commander Zhao arc
Southern Water Tribe/Waterbending arc
Zuko + Iroh arc
Ba-Sing-Se/Earth bending arc
Fire-Nation arc
Zuko + Aang, Katara, Sokka arc
Sozin's comet arc

Just because it was amazingly paced unlike the usual 3 Shounen suspects it doesn't make it not anime as hell.

This, AAK got a half a cookie when acknowledging that aesthetics matter, but it's not only that. The goal is to entertain people. Aesthetics do that, the story mode that. The easy mode paytalities do that. The X-Rays do that. You want to make your players feel good. Does making those same people fight over someone in an online match and realize they suck help that goal? Currently, no...

I don't really understand your point. It kinda sounds like you're saying a good netcode will make the game unappealing to casuals.

Here you go AA

Watch Chloe without the terrible default design and it makes all the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk8Plq4kADs

It's not about what I can customize her to be. It's about what other people will subject me to that I will never have control over.

Sayah

I feel like making Lucky Chloe look like a respectable character defeats the purpose of Lucky Chloe

and Katarina is clearly the new Anna

What makes you think Anna is out?

1. Markman said the one Chloe move looks like Anna's qcf+1 but it's different.

2. Devil Jin already proved the theory wrong that existing characters stealing others characters' moves counts them out of the roster.

3. Murray and Harada were reading the chat during Final Round and some guy named trollieop kept requesting Anna along with a few others. MarkMan said (paraphrasing) they should probably stop spamming Anna requests if they want to see her in the game and not piss of the devs. Murray said something along the lines of "not necessarily."

If we can have Lili, Ling, Alisa, Chloe, and Josie (all sharing similarities in age outside of the one robot and exhibiting similar childlike tendencies), then I don't think it would hurt to have two mature sassy women.

It's not about what I can customize her to be. It's about what other people will subject me to that I will never have control over.

Subject you to......what?

People are all happy because they can troll with her online? She plays like a Lili + Chreddy combination. If you've dealt with those characters before, the playstyle shouldn't matter. Her playstyle actually looks pretty fun. As far as the crazy damage she had, I think they just fixed the damage output in a recent update.

The design was my concern and most people are gonna end up customizing her online anyway.

Yeah, neither do I.
As a Nina fan I learned quickly, though, that anything but the skinniest of frames + (even worse) a bit of muscle will make women look manly to a lot of people, especially gamers. I guess we've gotten so used to seeing Japanese size zero model stick figures beating the shit out of basically anything, that anything closer to reality for female characters will just look odd to some.
Personally, I think Kat looks fantastic and I hope Namco will use the same/a similar body mesh for Nina's character model.

People complained about Nina's muscles in TTT2, which is dumb. Nina could just as easily have been another Michelle or Jun or Anna model but was given muscles for a reason. Partly because she's the queen alpha-female in the cast. :p

I have been hoping for more diversity in fighting game cast, particularly "fat" and "old" women. But the trend nowadays is petite, moe young girls. So be it.

And by diversity, I don't mean Netherrealm man-face designs for females because they can't model properly.

DEATH™

Commander Zhao arc
Southern Water Tribe/Waterbending arc
Zuko + Iroh arc
Ba-Sing-Se/Earth bending arc
Fire-Nation arc
Zuko + Aang, Katara, Sokka arc
Sozin's comet arc

Just because it was amazingly paced unlike the usual 3 Shounen suspects it doesn't make it not anime as hell.

I don't really understand your point. It kinda sounds like you're saying a good netcode will make the game unappealing to casuals.

1. All those are not necessarily arcs that I am thinking of (those are just storylines within the 100 year war arc)... I'm thinking of, you know... Korra? (Where there is complete different setting, situation, motivation and villains for every season?)

2. Not directly. On an entertainment perspective, you do not want to get beat horribly, cause it's the darn most frustrating thing. That will put you to a crossroads of either improving, or blaming the game (the latter is the more probable of the 2).

Along a stop in the arcades, good online netcode puts people on that situation. If the good players can finally compete online, they will easily steamroll the casuals and make the skill ceiling required to break through much higher. Guess what, when that happens, people think the game is too darn hard (ring any bells?). That won't happen if there is a good netcode. The people who actually compete won't even bother and casuals can just go and play online without the big need of getting deep in the game.

Part of this is why I don't believe all the steps Tekken 7 does to attract casuals by making the game easier is fruitless. In the end, the better players will always chew the casuals, no matter what the mechanics is, and the casuals will still see it as a hard unforgiving game, cause it's just the nature of fighting games...

sasuke_91

Also added. If it ends up sucking, I guess 24 minutes of my time won't be that big of a loss. :p

I should probably admit that the recommendation was meant to be pretty sarcastic. I still recommend to watch it, but not because it's such a great anime. It's just very interesting and makes you value other anime series so much more. Watch it and you'll understand what I mean^^

For our first online tournament I think this worked out pretty well. Hopefully we get some of the kinks worked out when we have another stream 2 weeks from now.

I watched a little bit of the stream and Tuobbos was playing. I love his Jin.
And pretty nice getting an Online tourney started like that.

Oh, speaking of Clannad. I would really like to see a Clannad challenge carried out, asking anyone if they can watch it all the way through and never cry.

I watched Clannad After Story in 2 days. I didn't cry, but man did I feel depressed.
Same with Ano Hana. Don't watch everything in one day, you'll regret it.

People are all happy because they can troll with her online? She plays like a Lili + Chreddy combination. If you've dealt with those characters before, the playstyle shouldn't matter. Her playstyle actually looks pretty fun. As far as the crazy damage she had, I think they just fixed the damage output in a recent update.

The design was my concern and most people are gonna end up customizing her online anyway.

I think he meant that people will play her with default outfit or really ugly costumes. It won't help to customize the character when everybody else play her with other costumes.

Good games Doomshine. Very fun session. I can handle you the best after you begin playing new teams. Just waiting for your win streaks to strike again :p

AAK

Yeah, what Sasuke said. Just because she can be customized doesn't mean I can control how other people display LC if I were to play them online.

So Kat is the tallest female character, eh?

I think Josie looks huge.

DEATH™;160417963 said:
1. All those are not necessarily arcs that I am thinking of (those are just storylines within the 100 year war arc)... I'm thinking of, you know... Korra? (Where there is complete different setting, situation, motivation and villains for every season?)

Trigun doesn't have a different setting//situation/motivation/villain. Is that no longer a Shonen anime?

2. Not directly. On an entertainment perspective, you do not want to get beat horribly, cause it's the darn most frustrating thing. That will put you to a crossroads of either improving, or blaming the game (the latter is the more probable of the 2).

Along a stop in the arcades, good online netcode puts people on that situation. If the good players can finally compete online, they will easily steamroll the casuals and make the skill ceiling required to break through much higher. Guess what, when that happens, people think the game is too darn hard (ring any bells?). That won't happen if there is a good netcode. The people who actually compete won't even bother and casuals can just go and play online without the big need of getting deep in the game.

Part of this is why I don't believe all the steps Tekken 7 does to attract casuals by making the game easier is fruitless. In the end, the better players will always chew the casuals, no matter what the mechanics is, and the casuals will still see it as a hard unforgiving game, cause it's just the nature of fighting games...

What you're saying would have to reflect everything. If that was true a game with an insane amount of depth such as DOTA2 would never be popular considering its great netcode where a stronger player will always destroy the newbie. But that game still gets millions of people playing everyday.

Pachimari

It'll be super weird if Josie is the tallest of the girls, when she should have been one of the smallest.

I seriously hope Namco Bandai considers giving us an option of having other online players' customizations visible or not.

DEATH™

Yeah, what Sasuke said. Just because she can be customized doesn't mean I can control how other people display LC if I were to play them online.

I think Josie looks huge.

Trigun doesn't have a different setting//situation/motivation/villain. Is that no longer a Shonen anime?

What you're saying would have to reflect everything. If that was true a game with an insane amount of depth such as DOTA2 would never be popular considering its great netcode where a stronger player will always destroy the newbie. But that game still gets millions of people playing everyday.

1. It's shounen & seinen, not because of arcs, but the darn content. Please do not confuse that those terms are used FOR target demographic (especially shounen who is targeted to teen boys, and do not shy away from blood, gore and death). ATLA isn't that. The reason why I mentioned arcs is it's necessary for shounen because you oftentime KILL many chars.The creators even admitted that they are limited to what they can do because of that restriction and settle for an overall arc (which is lifted in Korra).

In the end, ATLA is a western kid's show who happen to have thoughtful char development.

2. DOTA 2? The question is, are the people coming in to play DOTA/League just play because of single player? NO! The people who are gonna come in knows that THEY PLAY TO WIN. It's known as a competitive game from the get go. That's why they play.

That's the problem with fighting games right now and its premise to attract casual fans. Because of how FGs are marketed, Casual Players sign up for story mode, pretty characters, cool moves and all that entertainment jazz, not to compete. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but when all those fade away quick, you will end up with very distruntled fans.

AAK

There is death in TLA. And TLA is also targeted to the same demographic as Shonen anime. Also, there are plenty of Shonen anime out there that do not have death/gore. Yu-G-Oh, Detective Conan, Astro Boy.

And as for DOTA2, your argument for that is that people play that for the competition while people who play fighting games it's for the art? DOTA makes hella money on their premium DLC and it's workshop is super popular. That game also gets players because of its art, lore, character design, etc. That same demographic who will never competitively play DOTA but for fun. The same way casuals who play fighting games for fun. And like I'm saying, DOTA has good netcode but that doesn't derail its popularity like you're saying it would for fighting games. The same could be said as well for LOL but I used DOTA as the example since it's considered to be deeper.

Sayah

Yeah, but that goes for any other character too. You can't control what people put on any of their characters. Why is lucky chloe a special case then outside of the default costume being terrible?

I think he meant that people will play her with default outfit or really ugly customes. It won't help to costumize the character when everybody else play her with other costumes.
I don't usually see a lot of defaults online though. Mostly everyone customizes in some way.
Though, I am one of the few that does frequently use defaults.

DEATH™

There is death in TLA. And TLA is also targeted to the same demographic as Shonen anime. Also, there are plenty of Shonen anime out there that do not have death/gore. Yu-G-Oh, Detective Conan, Astro Boy.

And as for DOTA2, your argument for that is that people play that for the competition while people who play fighting games it's for the art? DOTA makes hella money on their premium DLC and it's workshop is super popular. That game also gets players because of its art, lore, character design, etc. That same demographic who will never competitively play DOTA but for fun. The same way casuals who play fighting games for fun. And like I'm saying, DOTA has good netcode but that doesn't derail its popularity like you're saying it would for fighting games. The same could be said as well for LOL but I used DOTA as the example since it's considered to be deeper.

Of all the examples you use, it's Detective Conan... WHY...

And not necessarily only for the art, but again, for entertainment. FGs are some of the games that you bust out on parties for a reason. People play it for casual fun. You try to play that way on MOBAs and people will grill you (well at least in League, DotA peeps are nicer lol).

But yeah, even the so-called casuals in DotA that you mention plays at least competent enough. Yes, there are League/DotA art but that goes AFTER the popularity produced by solid competitive fanbase.

The thing is, FGs already have that competitive fanbase, especially Tekken. The problem is the expectation of the casuals coming in is still that of sole "entertainment" only. It doesn't help that there is a trend of dumbing down games to reach those people and make them "competitive" as it only produce a bad culture. Hence you produce a fanbase full of complainers and nitpickers, where losses are blamed on something else instead of admitting the lack of skill.

Why does it relate on the netcode again? At least on MK, someone can say LAGGY SPAMMMAH SCRUBZZZ and that is justified because the online sucks.

What should developers do? Just stand the ground, and don't even care if people cry too much about the game is hard as long as the game is good (easier said than done though especially when considering corporate interest). Culture changes should happen organically. Want to force Neatherrealm to have good netcode? Support Tekken/SC/to and extent, Blazblue at least while not buying MK. But as long as people want to eat up at the superficial fluff in MK, don't expect netcode changes.

Numb

There is only one answer to best anime.

4377650-tumblr_n3vy65wnak1s33y7eo1_500.gif

Jojo is that answer.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I have been hoping for more diversity in fighting game cast, particularly "fat" and "old" women. But the trend nowadays is petite, moe young girls. So be it.

And by diversity, I don't mean Netherrealm man-face designs for females because they can't model properly.

Leo is still an awesome design.

Jacqui looks great in MKX.

Dereck

You should send in a complaint to Netherrealm about it.

AAK

DEATH™;160467214 said:
And not necessarily only for the art, but again, for entertainment. FGs are some of the games that you bust out on parties for a reason. People play it for casual fun. You try to play that way on MOBAs and people will grill you (well at least in League, DotA peeps are nicer lol).

You're making a very bold proclamation here.

But yeah, even the so-called casuals in DotA that you mention plays at least competent enough. Yes, there are League/DotA art but that goes AFTER the popularity produced by solid competitive fanbase.

You're making a very bold proclamation here. So MILLIONS of people playing DOTA2 concurrently online all have some kind of competitive drive and solid built strategy for winning? None of them are just logging in, appreciating the stuff happening on the screen and mindlessly clicking away with the same strategies and builds everytime that they found appealing? Everyone is a competent player in DOTA/LOL while the casuals who go online for fighting games will mash the same strings and moves without thinking about them?

The thing is, FGs already have that competitive fanbase, especially Tekken. The problem is the expectation of the casuals coming in is still that of sole "entertainment" only. It doesn't help that there is a trend of dumbing down games to reach those people and make them "competitive" as it only produce a bad culture. Hence you produce a fanbase full of complainers and nitpickers, where losses are blamed on something else instead of admitting the lack of skill.

Why does it relate on the netcode again? At least on MK, someone can say LAGGY SPAMMMAH SCRUBZZZ and that is justified because the online sucks.

You should know that even in my 7k+ online games in TTT2 I've had probably like 50(?) scrubs screaming I won only because of lag. The VAST majority of people acknowledge when someone better wins. The argument how Good Netcode = Casuals will hate the game will probably only apply to a miniscule dogmatically obtuse few people. Just because MKX (maybe) legitimizes those few idiots doesn't mean a good online netocode will reduce the enjoyment of the VAST majority of the people buying game. And the other thing you have to factor also is that in this day and age a huge proportion of people play games with people in their friends list and just want to have a fun match between them. They don't care about competitively being superior or whatever, they just want to have fun. Having a netcode where your character can do your inputs at a reasonable amount of latency WILL make the game much more enjoyable for everyone.

What should developers do? Just stand the ground, and don't even care if people cry too much about the game is hard as long as the game is good (easier said than done though especially when considering corporate interest). Culture changes should happen organically. Want to force Neatherrealm to have good netcode? Support Tekken/SC/to and extent, Blazblue at least while not buying MK. But as long as people want to eat up at the superficial fluff in MK, don't expect netcode changes.

But what if I want to support MKX by showing other developers that I do want a game that goes and makes a brand new system for a sequel. Sure the netcode is shit... But HOLY CRAP is MKX such a fun game. I haven't had so much fun with a new fighting game honestly since VF5:FS came out. The story mode is unbelievable. The game plays completely differently from MK9. I keep getting wowed at some of the things they managed to put in that mode and how much resouces they put in. I'm not clicking with the new cast compared to MK9 but even despite all that I'm loving the game. The lack of making the whole game look like a mockery which plagues 3D fighting games is so relieving to play. I can finally go into each match without rolling my eyes in disgust at what my eyes have to deal with.

Also... should I not buy Tekken 7 to voice my woes about everything they're recycling, the bullshit customization, and putting LC in the game? No I won't do that because despite all that I still know it'll be a fun game and that's what's most important.

I just have to deal with MK's shitty netcode and Tekken's laziness in art/animation while they excel in everything else.

Yeah, but that goes for any other character too. You can't control what people put on any of their characters. Why is lucky chloe a special case then outside of the default costume being terrible?

thestrawthatbrokethecamelsback.gif

Leo is still an awesome design.

Jacqui looks great in MKX.

Just like how Christie and Nina are the outliers in Tekken with the ridiculously proportioned shoulders, Cassie and Tanya in MKX are the outliers with the manly faces. Sonya, Sindel (who fits the old lady request), Sareena, Jaqui, Mileena, and the other female NPC's look fine. They're leagues behind Tekken in the facial models... but Tekken is leagues behind MK in many facets as well, consistency is a big one.

sasuke_91

Maaan I finally made it to Warrior!! So frustrating and tiring D:
My promo was against a Warrior Lars/Hwoarang, but luckily, he wasn't very good. I was nervous as hell but somehow managed to beat him.

Good games Doomshine. Very short session :p

Numb

Maaan I finally made it to Warrior!! So frustrating and tiring D:
My promo was against a Warrior Lars/Hwoarang, but luckily, he wasn't very good. I was nervous as hell but somehow managed to beat him.

Good games Doomshine. Very short session :p
Congrats man.
I should get back to ranked. But super rusty tho.

Pachimari

But it seems like they have taken care of the input lag from PS3 version.
I dunno, I suck at Street Figther but I guess I'll get it for the price.

sasuke_91

Congrats man.
I should get back to ranked. But super rusty tho.

You would do way better at ranking than I do if you seriously tried. We haven't played in a while by the way.

Also boutdown and Famicom, you guys have to rank up or do you want to be lumped together with me? :p
And don't even let me get started on GrayFoxPL.

Dereck

I'm not touching ranked like the gun at the crime scene. I last played ranked about a year ago. One thing I noticed with ranked on PSN is that people just seem to get better. I don't have any interest in it anymore, it would be a waste of time and a waste of effort.

Congratulations to you.

Here you go AAK.

Watch Chloe without the terrible default design and it makes all the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk8Plq4kADs

That customization is fine, but I like her default custom better as eccentric as that sounds. Imo, it looks sort of unique and kawaii, yet a little stylish. Hopefully, I can make some really good customizations when I get my hands on Tekken 7 if it is really deeper than TTT2 like I am hearing.

boutdown and I both chose Lin Kuei for MKX. What did the rest of Tekken GAF choose?

Brotherhood of Shadow. I like the name. Still got a long ways to go to learn this game. I forgot so many Mortal Kombat fundamentals. Yeah, the game is a lot of of fun. After playing so DOA5, Tekken and Street Fighter, getting used to button blocking might take some ample time though.

What makes you think Anna is out?

There were....Anna requests? If she makes it in Tekken 7, I will be surprised. I didn't think she was ever too popular judging by how many Mishimas, Hwoarangs, Bobs, Laws, Lars I see online in TTT2 on a regular basis. Fighting Anna online was somewhat of a rarity for me considering the number of battles I've experienced.

Yeah, neither do I.

Gamers are very difficult to please. They whine and complain that they want more realistic representations of female characters in video games and then they add a believable female in a game who is toned, has muscles and looks like a legitimate strong fighter, people then say she looks masculine. >_> As much as I love seeing slender or fit women, I hope Nina comes back looking stronger than ever and possess a frame that deviates from the other female characters in Tekken 7.

sasuke_91

D:
And it hasn't even been one month. GrayFox is Xion (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days).

I'm not touching ranked like the gun at the crime scene. I last played ranked about a year ago. One thing I noticed with ranked on PSN is that people just seem to get better. I don't have any interest in it anymore, it would be a waste of time and a waste of effort.

I don't know. People just seem to get more agressive. When I beat your Law it feels like I accomplished something. When I beat a Law in ranked it still feels like I lost because I wasted so much time. ff+1+2, db+4 and b+3 into whatever backturn mixup seems to be the only thing those people know.
I'll just play Hei/Eddy and troll the shit out of them.

Congratulations to you.

Thank you :)

boutdown and I both chose Lin Kuei for MKX. What did the rest of Tekken GAF choose?
Going with the popular crowd huh? :D

White Lotus here, since I main Raiden anyway.

I tell ya tho, been having a rough time against Mileena lately. That bitch has always been a scourge in MK.

... But, I went to practice mode like I always do when this happens. Turns out her low roll isn't actually low, it's mid. The rest of her good stuff is overhead or mid.

In ready for the next Mileena scumbag.

Wonder if I can make my madcatz ke stick work on the ps4. It really helps make my directionals clean since stray inputs can make you drop strings in MKX.

AAK

I had no idea Lin Kuei would be 40% of the entire MKX faction lol... I always liked Sub Zero factoin the most.

MKX is so well made. I love how they now made the movement extremely skill based. And the wakeup system requires so much more thinking. It makes the matches way more enjoyable than MK9 despite me liking the character variety in MK9 signifcantly more.

But man damn.... now that you do need to think a lot harder to move and wakeup, a bad netcode makes things infinitely more frustrating. You really have to make the most of your punishes and re-aligning your character after a successful block and properly landing the punish while trying to accommodate the lag truly sucks.

NRS made a game I'm loving right now but it is truly gonna be a shame if the netcode stays the way it is. But I can't stop thinking about going back and playing more. Right now I'm putting some time into Ferra/Torr and I woke up today theorizing different things I can do with her variation. It's such a cool feeling to have with a new fighting game.

I had no idea Lin Kuei would be 40% of the entire MKX faction lol... I always liked Sub Zero factoin the most.

MKX is so well made. I love how they now made the movement extremely skill based. And the wakeup system requires so much more thinking. It makes the matches way more enjoyable than MK9 despite me liking the character variety in MK9 signifcantly more.

But man damn.... now that you do need to think a lot harder to move and wakeup, a bad netcode makes things infinitely more frustrating. You really have to make the most of your punishes and re-aligning your character after a successful block and properly landing the punish while trying to accommodate the lag truly sucks.

NRS made a game I'm loving right now but it is truly gonna be a shame if the netcode stays the way it is. But I can't stop thinking about going back and playing more. Right now I'm putting some time into Ferra/Torr and I woke up today theorizing different things I can do with her variation. It's such a cool feeling to have with a new fighting game.
Yep, agreed. Nothing like a new exciting fighting game where the discovery period is like Christmas morning, every character is a new present.

I hated the run system at first, TBH. "Why have stance change when a run button is more useful?"

But, it's grown on me, and the timing isn't that hard after certain moves.

I also love the projectile cancels. Being able to do a chip damage string in to a fireball cancel into a running grab or some other mixup is good times. I just wish I could pull this stuff off online.

Gambit61

Which variation do you like most so far? I've been using the 3rd one for the b,f+RK ender. I haven't really found much else yet with them though due to the weird PC performance I'm getting.

AAK

I'm gonna sound childish again... but I'm only playing the 1st Variation (Lackey). The sole reason is that Ferra's voice is extremely annoying and I can't stand it but I love how Torr animates compared to the rest of the cast. Also his d,b,f+1 command grab in the Lackey variation just look sooo much cooler....

But that's about where it ends for my liking that variation lol. The only glaring advantages I'm noticing is that Lackey has a much better anti-air with d,b+2 and a safe and fast sweep with b+4. But that sweep has such crap range while with Ferra it goes like 1/3 the screen.

I originally thought Torr's bull rush b,f+3 only had armour in EX in the Lackey variation... but then I found out he has it in the vicious variation as well. His neutral jump 2 is just like every character while with Ferra it has crazy range. All the normal strings that involve Ferra also get a lot more range.

And then there's also the fact that online is plagued with Grand Master Sub Zero players everywhere. I honestly have no idea how to deal with the ice clone in Lackey other than use the EX bull rush to get in through the clone. But by then the sub zero player can still block. While in the other variations, all the special moves that involve swinging Ferra across the screen let her automatically bypass the clone with no penality.

But I still don't wanna play the other variations because Ferra just sounds too annoying :p

Dunno who to try next... hopefully I get some epiphany with another cast member that clicks haha.

Nah, I mean I hear the customizations in Tekken 7 should be deeper than TTT2.

From what we can see so far. The custom options in T7 are identical to TTT2.

Manbig

Been playing Jax. He seems pretty fun. I have no idea how to set up his ground pound outside of making it a guessing game on wake up though.

AAK

I was telling boutdown about this earlier but the biggest negative I can say about MKX after the netcode is that there is too much redundancy with a large portion of the cast. There are way too many earth characters using military weapons: Sonya, Cassie, Erron Black, Jaqui. And plus that Cassie's moves do look derivative of Sonya and Johnny's. Makes the cast appear way too saturated.

The game could have really used more Outworld characters that led to more diverse fighting styles.

People complained about Nina's muscles in TTT2, which is dumb. Nina could just as easily have been another Michelle or Jun or Anna model but was given muscles for a reason. Partly because she's the queen alpha-female in the cast. :p

Gamers are very difficult to please. They whine and complain that they want more realistic representations of female characters in video games and then they add a believable female in a game who is toned, has muscles and looks like a legitimate strong fighter, people then say she looks masculine. >_> As much as I love seeing slender or fit women, I hope Nina comes back looking stronger than ever and possess a frame that deviates from the other female characters in Tekken 7.

Sounds like team Nina sees eye to eye on this. :)

Sayah

I binge watched Daredevil on netflix yesterday. It's really a great show. Progresses really well, has great character development, and a lot of amazing action scenes. And no cliffhangers, which makes anticipation for the next season (if there is one) less annoying.
That customization is fine, but I like her default custom better as eccentric as that sounds. Imo, it looks sort of unique and kawaii, yet a little stylish. Hopefully, I can make some really good customizations when I get my hands on Tekken 7 if it is really deeper than TTT2 like I am hearing.

I think the default costume is the main issue with her. I don't mind any of her other aspects (i.e. gameplay style, Engrish, etc.). She looks really fun to play.

At the same time, the outrage against her provided some great comedy when I was stressed out from school/work.

There were....Anna requests? If she makes it in Tekken 7, I will be surprised. I didn't think she was ever too popular judging by how many Mishimas, Hwoarangs, Bobs, Laws, Lars I see online in TTT2 on a regular basis. Fighting Anna online was somewhat of a rarity for me considering the number of battles I've experienced.
That's what I recall from reading the chat during Final Round.

I think Anna is pivotal to the story aspect and I hope she makes it in.

Sounds like team Nina sees eye to eye on this. :)

Yes.

sasuke_91

Good games Numb. Great session. A lot of back and forth.
You should use more homing moves. You're making it really easy for me to sidestep and launch you. I kind of went overboard with the sidestepping because of that^^
I love how you interrupt everything. And you didn't just throw a jab in between. A lot of times you just threw launchers at me. I should do something about those setups.
Your rushdown playstyle is extremely unsafe, but I guess you already know that :D

Do you remember that match where you used Forest Law/ Slim Bob and I sidestepped one of Bob's strings to the right, swayed into the other direction (Steve) and gave you a 1,1 into the wall? I really had to tap myself on the shoulder for that one :p

Numb

It is hard not to notice when you just danced around me. Usually takes me longer to notice things. I realized too late tho and used b+2 homing with Jinpachi that one time. You got much better at reading me too and improved overall. I just swing everywhere agaisnt you and Doom and hope something hits but you guys are super patient for that.

Sayah

Seriously everyone. Get on that Daredevil. The fight scenes are sooooo good and well choreographed. I love Netflix for providing shows with entire seasons all at once. Makes paying their fee worth it even when I don't end up using the service for many months.
Raven has even more importance in the story considering he found Jin's body!

Still a side character that eventually goes away. :p

The main conflict is between Mishima Zaibatsu (headed by Jin and Nina) and G Corp (headed by Kazuya and Anna).

Whatever or whoever Raven works is non-essential in the long-term. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom