• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Oh yeah, thanks! I like the ending of her rage art a lot.

Also I think the red big guy and Kazumi will be our last new characters. But we have gotten a lot compared to Tekken 4, 5 and 6.

I honestly can't wait to see Yoshimitsu and Nina. Yeah, I'm just curious about Nina, which is weird, since I despise the Williams sisters. ;)

I somehow managed to forget about Kazumi. Has she even been confirmed officially as playable?
All i know is that Yoshi will look sick to varying degrees. He was sick as a bug. So they can never mess him up.

Pachimari

I somehow managed to forget about Kazumi. Has she even been confirmed officially as playable?
All i know is that Yoshi will look sick to varying degrees. He was sick as a bug. So they can never mess him up.

Kazumi popped up during an error in one of the arcade cabinets. She were listed on the character select screen.

This guy also needs to be in. It's unbelievable if they remove him only after one main game. The same applies to Zafina:

jpVugPE.jpg
6GqwLJN.jpg

Numb

Kazumi popped up during an error in one of the arcade cabinets. She were listed on the character select screen.

They were saying something about how they will decide after they see the demand or something.
Put the new character playable in the bloody game Harada. Thats all the demand you need.
Good to see she is in.

Pachimari

They were saying something about how they will decide after they see the demand or something.
Put the new character playable in the bloody game Harada. Thats all the demand you need.
Good to see she is in.

I really don't believe anything that comes out of Harada's mouth.

He said something along the lines of that while developing Tag 2 as well.

Numb

Seems like you really need to be on point to punish with a rage art. Can't believe Law blocked her rage art after whiffing his own.

Sayah

Bruce definitely gone now but I never really used him so I guess I'm not as upset as other people here.

Looking at the bright side, it's better to have Bruce represented in someway over the even stronger possibility that he would never make it in.
I think I've leveled up finally in Tekken. I don't do stupid shit as much anymore like whiffing a lot or rushing for no reason. Also I block more, and punish more too. Lol this sounds like common sense but I always played dumb I guess playing with real comp and at ¥100 a game whips you into shape.

I didn't play as Josie today but I fought tons and beat all but one. I also beat a Lars decisively that had 114 wins, then the player revenged me and swept me with one perfect. Lol

I played against a Korean king somehow, I controlled a lot of the match until I got mindfucked.

Also I learned new Kat setups today via a mirror match, I didn't know of another setup opener that she had until today and there is a variation of her bnb that is longer and hits more but does less damage I think?

And I got my rank back up again.

I saw a woman play beside me mashing a lot, but I guess she's serious or something because her card was upgraded from unlimited. She kept losing though, she was playing Chloe.

Also It looks like kinda that Josie is taller than Kat, LOL.

Josie isn't wearing stiletto clogs.

Congrats on the rank up. :)

Pachimari

Yeah. I'm super fine with his "replacement", even though he is one of my bigger loses, I still got my biggest wish fulfilled.

I hope they'll redesign Lei Wulong, Lee Chaolan, Yoshimitsu, Nina and the rest of the old gang returning later.

Sayah

Yeah, Josie looks really strong, agile, and fun to play. Whereas I probably would have never touched Bruce, this character I will definitely try out. Her animations look a lot sleeker than Bruce.

lupinko

Bruce definitely gone now but I never really used him so I guess I'm not as upset as other people here.

Looking at the bright side, it's better to have Bruce represented in someway over the even stronger possibility that he would never make it in.

Congrats on the rank up. :)

Thanks!

And apparently the only Josie I lost to, is a high ranked Bruce player from TTT2U. I looked at the player's profile on Tekken.net. loooool

AAK

Forgot to answer this:

That Kotal Kahn and A.ogre comparison video by Setnomessej too.
I might just be in Tekken too much that i am seeing it everywhere.

There's actually a valid reason for Kotal Kahn being so similar to Ogre. The story is how he was sent by his father to earthrealm during the Colonial invasion of the Mayans. Kotal was a defender of them and so they worshipped him like a Deity:

ixi548QWorwna.png

And Ogre is meant to be that Mayan God reincarnated... so in essence Ogre = Kotal Kahn in this fictional history :p

Sayah

Thanks!

And apparently the only Josie I lost to, is a high ranked Bruce player from TTT2U. I looked at the player's profile on Tekken.net. loooool

lol

There's nothing particularly wrong with Josie. If you liked Bruce, it's like getting a Jaycee style upgrade to your character.....except better. And we all know she's going to be way more popular than Bruce.

mr_boo

2 minutes in and 10 bruce moves later and i said goodbye to him.
Atleast now i will use Bruce.
:( This is disappointing...maybe the Tekken team just ran out of creative gas or something with the pressures of development and release. I don't know...I hate to complain, as I've been looking more and more forward to Tekken 7 too...if they were going to do this, couldn't they just simply had introduced a new female (African-American) character that's related to Bruce, thus explaining Bruce's sub-skill set?

Sayah

:( This is disappointing...maybe the Tekken team just ran out of creative gas or something with the pressures of development and release. I don't know...I hate to complain, as I've been looking more and more forward to Tekken 7 too...if they were going to do this, couldn't they just simply had introduced a new female (African-American) character that's related to Bruce, thus explaining Bruce's sub-skill set?

That's where the inconsistency lies.

She's supposed to be using Eskrima, which actually requires using a weapon from what I heard? But then she has a lot of her command list borrowed from Bruce (muay thai) so I don't know.

But regardless of that, she still looks very fun to play as and that's what matters in the long run. Actually, none of the new characters in Tekken 7 so far look terribly boring to play as or anything. Most of them just need better designs. Especially Lucky and Josie.

Numb

Forgot to answer this:

There's actually a valid reason for Kotal Kahn being so similar to Ogre. The story is how he was sent by his father to earthrealm during the Colonial invasion of the Mayans. Kotal was a defender of them and so they worshipped him like a Deity:

And Ogre is meant to be that Mayan God reincarnated... so in essence Ogre = Kotal Kahn in this fictional history :p
I can understand the similiar inspirations but the movelist is what gets me.
Simple explanation is that Tekken has way too many moves that the generic moves the big guys have are generic over other games aswell.
If they wanted to not include him in the game but still keep him in spirit by also giving a good portion of his movelist to a much different character seems like a better thought process going for me. Instead of the obivous.
Josie uses some muay thai so her having his moves is not entirely illogical.

African-american females are a line the Tekken team are not going to cross or are not yet ready and need more research. If only they asked the community like they did with that other extremely well received character they have.

lupinko

Forgot to answer this:

ixi548QWorwna.png

Nah Kotal Kahn is just a recycled character from Boon's flop War Gods.

http://youtu.be/DvDrT4DdBJQ

That's where the inconsistency lies.

She's supposed to be using Eskrima, which actually requires using a weapon from what I heard? But then she has a lot of her command list borrowed from Bruce (muay thai) so I don't know.

But regardless of that, she still looks very fun to play as and that's what matters in the long run. Actually, none of the new characters in Tekken 7 so far look terribly boring to play as or anything. Most of them just need better designs. Especially Lucky and Josie.

Eskrima / Arnis does use a weapon but it is not exclusive to it. And Harada said she uses a combination of Eskrima and a form of Kickboxing.

Not to say she isn't Bruce's replacement until Tekken Tag Tournament Three: Time To The Takening, but not all Kickboxing is of the Thai variety.

Numb

She licks her lips and slaps her tummy, wears stilettos and her boobs jiggle.

That's about it.

Looking forward to reading her wiki and whatnot.
I wanna know what her actual story is. Maybe she is Migual's sister who survived the airstrike but needed surgery and also lost her memory along the way.
Lots and and lots of surgery.

mr_boo

If they wanted to not include him in the game but still keep him in spirit by also giving a good portion of his movelist to a much different character seems like a better thought process going for me. Instead of the obivous.
Josie uses some muay thai so her having his moves is not entirely illogical.

African-american females are a line the Tekken team are not going to cross or are not yet ready and need more research. If only they asked the community like they did with that other extremely well received character they have.
I may be a minority, but I don't view Tekken characters as just plug and play fighting characters....meaning, all my time invested in disliking Bruce and disliking fighting against Bruce players feels a bit cheated with Josie's introduction, this coming from a Bruce hater.

Here's another example: Guile - Charlie - Remy. Remy is the obvious outlier here. Just my 2 cents.

lupinko

Looking forward to reading her wiki and whatnot.
I wanna know what her actual story is. Maybe she is Migual's sister who survived the airstrike but needed surgery and also lost her memory along the way.
Lots and and lots of surgery.

Jokes aside, there's no endings in the game. Prior to playing against people exclusively now, there's nothing after Devil Kazumi. Also the AI is really bad in arcade mode.

And interesting theory but Katarina speaks Portuguese and not Espanol like Miguel. =(

Numb

I may be a minority, but I don't view Tekken characters as just plug and play fighting characters....meaning, all my time invested in disliking Bruce and disliking fighting against Bruce players feels a bit cheated with Josie's introduction, this coming from a Bruce hater.

Here's another example: Guile - Charlie - Remy. Remy is the obvious outlier here. Just my 2 cents.
You must really hate Bruce. I feel that way about good Baeks but to a lesser extent. Howrang is in that category aswell.
Jokes aside, there's no endings in the game. Prior to playing against people exclusively now, there's nothing after Devil Kazumi. Also the AI is really bad in arcade mode.

And interesting theory but Katarina speaks Portuguese and not Espanol like Miguel. =(

Was referring to the console version. Her and big red guy will have interesting things i hope. Lucky Chloe can do watever. Warming up on her tho.

I thought his sister would return one day since there was that thing about a Zombie bridesmaid or something.

Also i would literally sacrifice a goat for that Blazblue Unlimited Mars AI level in Tekken. or harder.

Pachimari

I think Lucky Chloe, Kazumi and Josie have the absolute best designs of the newcomers.

Also if we are talking "hating" characters, it gotta be the Williams sisters.

Numb

I think Lucky Chloe, Kazumi and Josie have the absolute best designs of the newcomers.

Also if we are talking "hating" characters, it gotta be the Williams sisters.

I like Anna for some reason even though i saw and played Nina way before her. Just realizing i usually don't like the overly complicated guys.

So many jump overs into crouching jabs in Tekken 7. No more tag crashes to save you now.
Saw more the last 20min than the last year of Tag 2.

IKizzLE

As far as fighting games are concerned, Jaqui Briggs is a character I've wanted for awhile.

Female
Not ambiguously black
Has dark skin
American
Has braided hair
Has black hair
Not a fan service character

Simple yet amazing design. My current main in MKX.
latest

I use Bruce and Bryan in Tekken and the fact they reskinned him for a fanservice character that Harada thinks will garner a larger audiences is dumbfounding.

I thought Kotal Khan was just an overly embellished Orge, too. Tekken 3 was a long time ago, and no one played TTT2, so NR can just roll with his lazy design. I think all the MK characters are pretty ugly too. I grew up with the series, though, so I don't really care all that much.

I wish NR would fix the netcode in MK10, T7 just seems like such a lazy sequel. Rather play a game that seems like some effort was put into it.

mr_boo

You must really hate Bruce. I feel that way about good Baeks but to a lesser extent. Howrang is in that category aswell.
Don't like Bruce, but I already miss him...gimme him any day (design wise) over Josie.

Nonetheless, still planning on getting Tekken 7 (as long as it comes out on PC, crossing fingers) :)

CSX

damn guys i didnt know Bruce retired from fighting and trained this filipino girl as his successor in the Tekken storyline :p

Numb

I thought Kotal Khan was just an overly embellished Orge, too. Tekken 3 was a long time ago, and no one played TTT2, so NR can just roll with his lazy design. I think all the MK characters are pretty ugly too. I grew up with the series, though, so I don't really care all that much.

I wish NR would fix the netcode in MK10, T7 just seems like such a lazy sequel. Rather play a game that seems like some effort was put into it.
Looks good to me.
latest

So glad they didn't keep that dumb vanilla cassie cage type faces. Otherwise this girl might have looked bad. The netcode is something you expect and live with. Why do anything when millions of people are flocking to your game either way?
That's why i am waiting for the Komplete edition. Things will improve by then and i get to get stuff cheaper with Predator included. Nice.

sasuke_91

What is this post overkill in the last 24 hours? Had to catch up on 2 entire pages :p

I would say that Devil Jin is proof that no one can be considered missing yet, but Josie just looks too similar to Bruce. Unless they make them the new Creddie. Just so you know, I prefer Brosie over Brucie, AAK^^

I played some Tekken Revolution again. I reached Destroyer with Hwoarang in a few days, but those 200 power guys are making this game way too hard. I can't even poke too much since I have to be careful of invincible moves all the time. Strings with Hwoarang have become nearly impossible. Throw breaking is easier in this game, but a missed throw break means 52 damage instead of 35. That's insane.

HeelPower

It's reanimated sure but it's not reanimated to the extent of Baek -> Hwoarang, Kazuya -> Jin, or Bruce -> Bryan when we went from T2 -> T3. Those are characters that were reanimated and were distinct enough to be called brand new characters despite having the same martial art.

Rosie's re-animated moves are for all intents and purposes exactly coming from Bruce to the core inputs.

I understand your point.

But I still think she's an upgrade to Bruce.Just looking at her gameplay,she looks a lot more fluid and smooth compared to Bruce.

I see it as a way to reinvigorate Bruce-type character.Better than porting the old character straight to T7,right ? :)

Doomshine

I only caught a quick glimpse of some Josie videos but it looks like she has a low that transitions into her crouch dash (or whatever it is)?

Numb

Don't like Bruce, but I already miss him...gimme him any day (design wise) over Josie.

Nonetheless, still planning on getting Tekken 7 (as long as it comes out on PC, crossing fingers) :)

I too would miss any of the characters even if i don't fancy them. Besides i need as much fuel for Mokujin as possible.

There is no doubt i am getting this game. PC is a question mark tho. Even if they release it there might be problems like with the recent MKX. But the mods man, i hope it comes to PC on the same day aswell.

Pachimari

I thought Katarina were supposed to be the "newbie" character who did all kinds of moves by just button mashing? What happened to that?

Numb

I thought Katarina were supposed to be the "newbie" character who did all kinds of moves by just button mashing? What happened to that?

I think she was meant to be more noob friendly that the rest of the cast. This is still Tekken tho with 150+ moves per character. Learning all the moves of even one of them is going beyond the noob friendly button mashing zone.

Sayah

Simple yet amazing design. My current main in MKX.
latest

I use Bruce and Bryan in Tekken and the fact they reskinned him for a fanservice character that Harada thinks will garner a larger audiences is dumbfounding.

Jacqui design is pretty amazing.

With that said, stop it with the kneejerk reactions. If Bruce had been revealed, there barely would have been any momentum behind him.

Josie Rizal, on the other hand, has all sorts of fans. I'm seeing a lot of fan art. In fact, no other character accumulated as much fan art as she has in the short period that she's been revealed.

Her reveal video has half a million views despite being limited to Japan. More views than both the Jin and Devil Jin reveals combined.

Clearly, the Tekken team is doing something right and reinvigorating Bruce's playstyle into a more popular character that a lot of people can like.

Dereck

The Tekken team can do what they want to find success, that's cool, I just haven't liked much of what they've done with this game, and that's cool too.

Sayah

The Tekken team can do what they want to find success, that's cool, I just haven't liked much of what they've done with this game, and that's cool too.

Most of my annoyance with them was the recycling of old customs. They seem to be fixing that. I read Wonkey's twitter and there seem to be a lot of brand new customs.

The designs are the other annoyance. They could have been a lot better but, at the same time, I have to look at what other people want. And there are people that are very excited for characters like Lucky and Josie. I can't be selfish and think that I own Tekken and every decision the team makes has to go according to my taste.

People are saying Tekken 7 is lazy. It's far from lazy. The gameplay hasn't evolved as much as I'd have liked but with the way the combo system seems to be working currently, it's going to be nothing like Tekken 6. Combos are a lot more diverse and varied.

See STL's second combo video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfQct9JEng4

Eskrima / Arnis does use a weapon but it is not exclusive to it. And Harada said she uses a combination of Eskrima and a form of Kickboxing.

Not to say she isn't Bruce's replacement until Tekken Tag Tournament Three: Time To The Takening, but not all Kickboxing is of the Thai variety.

I guess that makes sense then.

She's not a mash character. Who knows, maybe Harada flip flopped or trolled. Lol

No character can be a "mash" character in Tekken.
Even Hwoarang has 4,4,4,4 or 3,3,3,3 and no one will call him a mash character.

AAK

I suppose it just comes down to perspective. Making a videogame isn't easy and to make a fully functional one on new hardware is quite the accomplishment and isn't lazy at all compared to a couch potato like me. But When comparing Tekken 7 to SFV, GGXrd, and MKX who are changing everything and you can visually tell how much effort they're putting into it... Tekken 7 in contrast to those games is hella lazy.

Numb

So far Shaheen and Josie have been tight. Lucky Chloe got a rise out of me but after seeing a combo video or two i realized she could be fun after i remove those bunny thingies.
Katarina seems like she got announced so long ago that she is already main stay Tekken character in my eyes even though i have seen her gameplay the least out of everybody.
Claudio is the odd man out. No idea what to feel about him. Need him in my hands to see what the hell is going on with that hand. He does Burn Knuckle so that's cool i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom