• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude she's Bruce. Like 100%. She doesn't kinda have some Bruce moves, she has like all of his moves. This isn't a new character, this is a reskin. :/

Bruce moves she has

-CD+2
-CD+3
-b+1+2
-WS+21
-u/f+3+4
-d+34
-d+2
-f+24
-2d+43
-d/f+1 series
-b+434
-f+3
-ff+3
-ff+4
-3+4
-f+3+4

I mean I'm done. She's Bruce. Why? Seriously. THIS is lazy. THIS IS BS.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Shifting from ambivalent to annoyed.

What was wrong with Bruce? And why add a new character if you can't give her a a properly new fighting style?

Spuck-uk

Banned
I always liked Bruce fighting style, but though the character himself was pretty boring.

..so I guess I'm okay with this.

Numb

Real talk:

That sorry ass excuse that they gave on stream for lack of racial diversity is an absolute fucking joke.

Don't even remind me. I hope they atleast time release some new and diverse characters and not just returning ones.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Mortal Kombat X is showing you can do a good, diverse cast including women that arent just TnA and make it look good.

<3 Jaqui 'Bae' Briggs

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Real talk:

That sorry ass excuse that they gave on stream for lack of racial diversity is an absolute fucking joke.

Could you elaborate for those who didn't watch the stream? (me)

+1000 points that she does not have white hair.
Too many black female fighters have that.

Huh, and I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

Although I suppose they lose points for whitewashing the dickens out of Tanya.

Dereck

Is Bamco really giving us Soul Calbiur IV create-a-characters with movelists from older characters?

The disrespect is serious.

AAK

Now you people share my pain of having expectations. :p

Could you elaborate for those who didn't watch the stream? (me)

MarkMan questions them about the lack of black characters. Namco's response:

"We don't understand the culture"

It looked like a 100% reflex defense response. And it was especially eye-rolling when they went out and consulted the communities on Shaheen a few months prior. Nothing stops them from doing the same with a black character.

Dereck

I remember Michael Murray specifically saying that today (in the 2010s), it's difficult to determine who is black and who isn't, and that was actually irrelevant to the question.

Pachimari

Bruce is my favorite character along with Marshal and it's absolutely bullshit he got reskinned. That said, if he were to be reskinned I am damn happy it were going to be Josie. My Filipina character with one of my favorite former character's styles is awesome too.

I'm super happy with Josie. But I'm not happy they couldn't have brought back Bruce, and just let Josie have another fighting style.

The Tekken team screams lazyness really. But who can blame them, they did a big effort with Tag 2 and nobody bought it anyway.

Also, everything that comes out of Harada's mouth these days is mind-boggling.

av2k

Wow that's some serious horse shit right there. Bruce is one of my favorite characters, get this doa reskinned shit out of here. Not a complete copy and paste but ridiculously similar.

AAK

Despite all the inputs being exactly like Bruce's.... 70-80% of them are reanimated. It looks so much better and it's the thing I wanted from a batch of the current T7 cast still using so much of Tekken 2's animations. This new Bruce/Josie (Brucie?) movelist no longer has anything from T2 except for maybe 1,2,1,2 if it's still there?

EDIT: Actually, I'm not even sure if that's from T2. I remember seeing it in T5. If only GrayFox were here :/

Numb

As far as fighting games are concerned, Jaqui Briggs is a character I've wanted for awhile.

Female
Not ambiguously black
Has dark skin
American
Has braided hair
Has black hair
Not a fan service character
Don't forget she got a nice face too.
Glad she isn't all fan service either. People Be confusing femme fatale with straight up pandering nowadays.

AAK

Don't forget she got a nice face too.
Glad she isn't all fan service either. People Be confusing femme fatale with straight up pandering nowadays.

MKX has done a fantastic job overall in character design this time. Aside from Kitana's MK9 alt not a single female character is showing more than 40% of her skin.

EDIT: Female human character :p

HeelPower

Josie Rizal looks fantastic in action,eventhough I wasn't very excited from the initial reveal.

She's easily the best animated new character so far.

Her moves are snappy, visceral and most of them actually look like moves a real fighter would use.

This is no lucky chloe.Josie's Legit and GJ Namco.More like this Please! :)

Numb

MKX has done a fantastic job overall in character design this time. Aside from Kitana's MK9 alt not a single female character is showing more than 40% of her skin.

EDIT: Female human character :p

I do like all the designs of the girls. Except Kitana.
Why does she look like one of Zafina's costumes in Tekken 6? She even comes with the mask and the stance if Zaf just looked behind. Very similiar or is it just me.

TEKKEN6_8.png

That Kotal Kahn and A.ogre comparison video by Setnomessej too.
I might just be in Tekken too much that i am seeing it everywhere.

Spuck-uk

Banned
As far as fighting games are concerned, Jaqui Briggs is a character I've wanted for awhile.

Female
Not ambiguously black
Has dark skin
American
Has braided hair
Has black hair
Not a fan service character

You forgot:

'Ridiculous asskicker'

lupinko

I think I've leveled up finally in Tekken. I don't do stupid shit as much anymore like whiffing a lot or rushing for no reason. Also I block more, and punish more too. Lol this sounds like common sense but I always played dumb I guess playing with real comp and at ¥100 a game whips you into shape.

I didn't play as Josie today but I fought tons and beat all but one. I also beat a Lars decisively that had 114 wins, then the player revenged me and swept me with one perfect. Lol

I played against a Korean king somehow, I controlled a lot of the match until I got mindfucked.

Also I learned new Kat setups today via a mirror match, I didn't know of another setup opener that she had until today and there is a variation of her bnb that is longer and hits more but does less damage I think?

And I got my rank back up again.

I saw a woman play beside me mashing a lot, but I guess she's serious or something because her card was upgraded from unlimited. She kept losing though, she was playing Chloe.

Also It looks like kinda that Josie is taller than Kat, LOL.

Josie isn't wearing stiletto clogs.

Pachimari

So we're getting an announcement on April 25. Probably the new red guy?

Josie Art Rage: "Get ready to flyyyy". Really?

She's gonna be my main for sure though.

AAK

Her style is based on bruce's fight style ,but her animations seem to be built from the ground up for her,unlike the Xiba's super copy pasta.

It's reanimated sure but it's not reanimated to the extent of Baek -> Hwoarang, Kazuya -> Jin, or Bruce -> Bryan when we went from T2 -> T3. Those are characters that were reanimated and were distinct enough to be called brand new characters despite having the same martial art.

Rosie's re-animated moves are for all intents and purposes exactly coming from Bruce to the core inputs.

Numb

So we're getting an announcement on April 25. Probably the new red guy?

Josie Art Rage: "Get ready to flyyyy". Really?

She's gonna be my main for sure though.

My excitement for big red guy is higher than i thought.

Josie is really cool and all but the crying is not really neccesary.

Pachimari

My excitement for big red guy is higher than i thought.

Josie is really cool and all but the crying is not really neccesary.

The crying would have been appropriate (as they do that a lot when winning) if it hadn't been for the excessive use of it. It is totally blown out of proportion and comes off bad in the game.
And man is she tall for a Filipina. But as stated before, they are not aiming for total accuracy.

Though, I love her other winning pose. Where she says: "Yeah, I did it!", and crosses her hands on her chest. That is appropriate.

Numb

The crying would have been appropriate (as they do that a lot when winning) if it hadn't been for the excessive use of it. It is totally blown out of proportion and comes off bad in the game.
And man is she tall for a Filipina. But as stated before, they are not aiming for total accuracy.

My buddy who was excited for her but hates Bruce is gonna be sad. I won't say anything till the game comes out. Maybe this is what needed to use someone like Bruce.

She is rather tall and skinny but those puppies balance things out. That art i saw of her with just longer hair was fantastic tho and kinda wish was the official.

lupinko

Though, I love her other winning pose. Where she says: "Yeah, I did it!", and crosses her hands on her chest. That is appropriate.

Not only is she Rizal she's also Lapu Lapu. LOL

Pachimari

My buddy who was excited for her but hates Bruce is gonna be sad. I won't say anything till the game comes out. Maybe this is what needed to use someone like Bruce.

She is rather tall and skinny but those puppies balance things out. That art i saw of her with just longer hair was fantastic tho and kinda wish was the official.

Yeah, she should totally have long hair. I'll probably customize one costume to make her have long her, and get rid of the headband. But she's fine as is, so I'm gonna seriously learn her, and her and perfect her. Hopefully with the help of all of you guys hehe.

Numb

Yeah, she should totally have long hair. I'll probably customize one costume to make her have long her, and get rid of the headband. But she's fine as is, so I'm gonna seriously learn her, and her and perfect her. Hopefully with the help of all of you guys hehe.

Get that Bruce practice in hard then. Seems like it will help out alot.

Wish i got my country represented too. I would even take a gun crazed pirate now.
Seems like the closest i would get to my guys in Tekken but only Tekken. Got enough respect for myself to not want one in other games.

Pachimari

Yeah, I will play with Bruce in Tag 2 from now on, but I have to admit, I haven't played Tag 2 as much as I wanted to, and it remains one of my biggest regrets in gaming - as Tag 2 is basically my dream Tekken game.

I guess there are so many things that have taken up my time. But I will slowly try and get back into it. Maybe write down all of you in a document, so I can remember who my Tekken buddies are on my PSN list.

AAK

Get that Bruce practice in hard then. Seems like it will help out alot.

Wish i got my country represented too. I would even take a gun crazed pirate now.
Seems like the closest i would get to my guys in Tekken but only Tekken. Got enough respect for myself to not want one in other games.

What if it was a Somali girl? ;)

I do wonder if any developer would ever be brave enough to have a central character that wore a hijab.

Pachimari

Btw, I still haven't seen Josie's Rage Art. Their getting blocked all the time.

Oh goodnes! Josie even have an intro where she says: "I'm getting nervous" and goes on to cry. Talk about taking it too far.

Numb

What if it was a Somali girl? ;)

I do wonder if any developer would ever be brave enough to have a central character that wore a hijab.

That would be the day my mom came over to kick my ass in Tekken.
You are giving me dreams that would never happen in real life man.

But they would still have guns somehow.
The girls are not shy either.
1101b73a947856d23dfaece1978aabb8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom