• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Bruce is still in and this becomes a Christie/Eddy situation.

People would probably get even more mad lol.

BTW Harada getting raked over the coals on twitter over this, still using his "T7 is not done more characters coming" deal. No worries here from me!

EDIT: Damn top page twice in a day? I feel important.

Numb

BTW Harada getting raked over the coals on twitter over this, still using his "T7 is not done more characters coming" deal. No worries here from me!

Seems like the perfect excuse for the first couple of months. Just wait till the new character time releases dry up.

Sayah

I suppose it just comes down to perspective. Making a videogame isn't easy and to make a fully functional one on new hardware is quite the accomplishment and isn't lazy at all compared to a couch potato like me. But When comparing Tekken 7 to SFV, GGXrd, and MKX who are changing everything and you can visually tell how much effort they're putting into it... Tekken 7 in contrast to those games is hella lazy.
It isn't ideal to be comparing these series together. Not only are they completely different subgenres, they have completely different histories.

Tekken is one of the only fighting game series to have a consistent run since the 1990s. SF has been dead before. Guilty Gear has been dead. Mortal Kombat has switched subgenres and gone back and forth before finally establishing itself.

And you're forgetting that SF has Sony funding behind it. MK has WB funding behind it. And while Tekken makes more money than both of these series, it still has 4 times the budget of Tekken 5 and making a new game on new gen hardware isn't some lazy task. They are constantly updating the game over time with their network updates.....and we can see those updates. They are consistently improving the graphics. There are more new characters in Tekken 7 than is usual for the series. And it hasn't even come to consoles yet. I'm even seeing more and more new customs, which was one of my biggest frustration with them.

At the end of the day, it's best not to judge the game until you have the final package in front of you. A lot could change by console release.

lmao

Sayah

Just read it. He's partially right. People are contradicting themselves calling Harada racist.

I sure as hell wouldn't be having this reaction if Nina or Anna got replaced by a black male character that borrowed their move list. I would be looking forward to maining him. lol.

Numb

Thanks Harada

Is there anyone who wishes Tekken 7 to stay the way it is right now and be released as is?
I think the majority if not all of us want more to some degree.
Well except Madridista who would be happy if he got Josie today.

Sayah

Thanks Harada

You do realize how different vanilla Tekken 6 was from BR or vanilla TTT2 from its console release? Hell, TTT2 arcade still doesn't have all the new characters the console release got.

I don't need to fanboy Tekken 7. That's just the reality for how the series has worked based on precedent.

Is there anyone who wishes Tekken 7 to stay the way it is right now and be released as is?
I think the majority if not all of us want more to some degree.
Well except Madridista who would be happy if he got Josie today.

I want the game in my hands NOWWWWW!!!!!.

But as a final, finished release, we all know it's not even close to that. They got so many more characters left to release.

lupinko

You do realize how different vanilla Tekken 6 was from BR or vanilla TTT2 from its console release? Hell, TTT2 arcade still doesn't have all the new characters the console release got.

I don't need to fanboy Tekken 7. That's just the reality for how the series has worked based on precedent.

Anecdotally anyway, all TTT2U cabs were all converted to T7 locally.

Numb

I want the game in my hands NOWWWWW!!!!!.

But as a final, finished release, we all know it's not even close to that. They got so many more characters left to release.

But as is? No one wants that who is not at the arcades for it already.
Sometimes i hate it that Tekken is one of the last fighters that still launches on arcade first but i know it is better for it. I wouldn't mind being the guinea pig for once tho. Patches exists Harada.

AAK

The game is done and being sold to customers at the arcade. The gameplay is solidified and done unless we are to expect a T7BR later on the round. All that's left is the usual DLC character, stages, outfits. The same thing all the other fighters are going through right now... but that's purely cosmetic. The laziness can stem from even under those surface things.

Looking at the core game of Tekken 7 and whatever new stuff it brought to the table:

- The new hit animations like from Kazuya's d/f+1,4 are basically the initial animations from Law's WS+1,2 recycled and removing the frames where the opponent falls down.
- The new T6 bound animation is essentially the same animation to Law's DSS 2 except it happens at a juggle. The older Tekken games introduced so many more hit type animations that were unique to that game and not recycled.
- The wall slump mechanics are the same which used to change in every number Tekken, the gravity is the same which was always tinkered with between Tekkens.
- The movement used to have very drastic changes going from 4 -> 5 -> 6. In T7 it's pretty much identical to T6 but with a slightly nerfed sidestep. That's far less ambitious compared to what we were used to from older Tekken releases.
- And as for combo's the structure is still the exact same from T6 where you have your launcher -> filler -> bound -> ender. Essentially now you are replacing the bound with tailspin. The one change I suppose that is unique to T7 is you can now do a second flip over move like Kazuya's b+4 at the wall to leave them in FDFA position. It looks super dumb to me since they were already wall splatted but that one move will let them backflip again? But it's a change and I'll take it since I am desperately clamoring for newer mechanics.
- From the videos on taktak and kurokuro the supers and armor moves are rarely ever used and don't add much of a substantial depth to the game. Both the invincibles and Supers are all recycled animations from other moves anyway with the exception of King and Asuka.

The outfits and putrid character design is on the outside but the game itself has those same questionable design decisions. Sorry for the negative post but taking all of those into account it REALLY isn't far fetched to say Tekken 7 is lazy ESPECIALLY from a prestigious series like Tekken.

Sayah

The game is done and being sold to customers at the arcade. The gameplay is solidified and done unless we are to expect a T7BR later on the round. All that's left is the usual DLC character, stages, outfits. The same thing all the other fighters are going through right now... but that's purely cosmetic. The laziness can stem from even under those surface things.

Looking at the core game of Tekken 7 and whatever new stuff it brought to the table:

- The new hit animations like from Kazuya's d/f+1,4 are basically the initial animations from Law's WS+1,2 recycled and removing the frames where the opponent falls down.
- The new T6 bound animation is essentially the same animation to Law's DSS 2 except it happens at a juggle. The older Tekken games introduced so many more hit type animations that were unique to that game and not recycled.
- The wall slump mechanics are the same which used to change in every number Tekken, the gravity is the same which was always tinkered with between Tekkens.
- The movement used to have very drastic changes going from 4 -> 5 -> 6. In T7 it's pretty much identical to T6 but with a slightly nerfed sidestep. That's far less ambitious compared to what we were used to from older Tekken releases.
- And as for combo's the structure is still the exact same from T6 where you have your launcher -> filler -> bound -> ender. Essentially now you are replacing the bound with tailspin. The one change I suppose that is unique to T7 is you can now do a second flip over move like Kazuya's b+4 at the wall to leave them in FDFA position. It looks super dumb to me since they were already wall splatted but that one move will let them backflip again? But it's a change and I'll take it since I am desperately clamoring for newer mechanics.
- From the videos on taktak and kurokuro the supers and armor moves are rarely ever used and don't add much of a substantial depth to the game. Both the invincibles and Supers are all recycled animations from other moves anyway with the exception of King and Asuka.

The outfits and putrid character design is on the outside but the game itself has those same questionable design decisions. Sorry for the negative post but taking all of those into account it REALLY isn't far fetched to say Tekken 7 is lazy ESPECIALLY from a prestigious series like Tekken.

I already know the gameplay isn't as evolved as past entries. But regardless of that, the combo system, after closer inspection, is not the same as Tekken 6. I'm seeing far more combo variety from characters in Tekken 7. Like using Heihachi's hellsweeps right in the beginning of the combo, seeing Kazuya's potential in devil form, characters like Dragunov having massive buffs which have completely changed their combo capabilities, and other stuff. After watching the STL videos, I am more ecstatic to try out the combo system. Before, I wasn't. It especially will be interesting due to the damage fixes this game received. Doing less moves can garner the same level of damage output as a full combo so I completely disagree with you that the combo system will function the same way as Tekken 6.

And you're only looking at stuff that hasn't changed and ignoring the stuff that has. Take a look at the wakeup mechanics, for instance. Take a look at the wall game that's completely change with bound removal. Outside of gameplay, take a look at the music arrangements. Look at the graphics. Subjectively speaking, it's the best looking fighter in the market right now. Look at the stage design and how it shifts between rounds. Going from a wall to an infinite stage between rounds or having multiple floor breaks......or having incredible hit effects and weather effects.....isn't "lazy." Recycling the same TTT2 customs, however, is lazy but they seem to be resolving that problem now with new customs as well.

But as is? No one wants that who is not at the arcades for it already.
Sometimes i hate it that Tekken is one of the last fighters that still launches on arcade first but i know it is better for it. I wouldn't mind being the guinea pig for once tho. Patches exists Harada.

I would love to be the beta tester but there's no market for their model in North America.
Even if they tried to replicate the arcade profit scheme on PCs or something, there would be outrage.

I don't know... but I can tell you. I'm having fun playing this game.

Mark I'm sorry to fling so much hate at your girl Josie but I can't stand her now that she replaced Bruce.

Also it's not like they replaced Bruce with another similar type character, they replaced him with a character that very few people who liked the character Bruce would want to play. I honestly can't see Pokchop playing Josie and even though Bruce is one of the characters I play on the side there is no way I'm going to play her. She looks stupid.

Also she's probably not going to be very good either. She has all of Bruce's moves but the one key move which is super important. b+2.. b+2 is so insanely important to Bruce's neutral game that I seriously doubt many Bruce players will feel at home without it. It's like removing Ryu's c.Mk.

As some said earlier they did the same thin replace the black character Eddy from Tekken 3 to Tekken 4 with Christy. Feels like such a disingenuous move even if it's not meant to be that way. Why are only black characters being replaced by girl clones? With that said as well if Capos are going to return Eddy probably wont be the one coming back, given that Namco sells sexy statues of Christy and nothing of Eddy. That leaves only the lamest black character out of all of them with a possible return. Raven.

Easily the most disappointing thing about this game is Josie.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
It's cool, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I have mine but usually when opinions get thrown out, people take them for fact.

My favorite thing that Harada says is... "Don't jump the gun."

haha.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Also for me, the most disappointing thing isn't Josie. It's the lack of damage values in practice mode. :(

sasuke_91

It's cool, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I have mine but usually when opinions get thrown out, people take them for fact.

My favorite thing that Harada says is... "Don't jump the gun."

haha.
Everytime you post something I try to read between the lines because it feels like you want to give us a hint. Don't do this to me, man :p

I really hope this will be some Chreddie situation. I like Josie, but I don't want her to be a substitute for Bruce.

HeelPower

Maan...Harada seems so frustrated and tired.

Maybe time release is not a good idea ,because each single character is getting dissected to death.

This wouldn't be the case if they just released all characters at once.

Maan...Harada seems so frustrated and tired.

Maybe time release is not a good idea ,because each single character is getting dissected to death.

This wouldn't be the case if they just released all characters at once.

That's not the point. The Tekken team should know better. I mean what did they think was going to happen? What part of this recipe sounds like a good idea when mixed?

-Scantly clad young girl
-From a Conservative Country
-Historical figure's name
-Marketed as new character
-Replaces an old character
-Is just a reskin of the old character
-Remove one of the few black characters in franchise, in a version with no black characters.

Like how did someone look at that and not think it would cause controversy? And it could have been avoided in so many ways.

Tweet.

Switched back to my Rizal avatar, as she's gonna be unlocked tomorrow.

Thanks for the link!

The crying would have been appropriate (as they do that a lot when winning) if it hadn't been for the excessive use of it. It is totally blown out of proportion and comes off bad in the game.
And man is she tall for a Filipina. But as stated before, they are not aiming for total accuracy.

Who are they?

Regarding Brosie; whenever there's a character that I never play and have never cared about replaced by another character, for a second I'll go "who cares", but then I instantly think of the day a younger, cuter, louder and bustier girl will replace Nina and I can sooo relate.

If only they had replaced him with the beautiful dark black woman Tekken's roster is so in need of. But that's Japan for you. I'm currently working on a game by a Japanese developer where all the girls are white/whiter/whitest and their skin tones have to be "diversified" for the European market.
Just forget about that uninspired lame red Bane knock-off and give me a 40something y/o black lady already, Namco.
My Nina needs a worthy female opponent, especially since Anna is dead now (hehe). At this point there's so much pre-teen butt to kick that playing Tekken with a mature character like Nina looks like severe child abuse 50% of the time.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I remember when there was no internet or social media to change or influence how devs plan/release things. It is a triple edged sword.

Degen

That's not the point. The Tekken team should know better. I mean what did they think was going to happen? What part of this recipe sounds like a good idea when mixed?

-Scantly clad young girl
-Remove one of the few black characters in franchise, in a version with no black characters.

Like how did someone look at that and not think it would cause controversy? And it could have been avoided in so many ways.
Just like everything else about Tekken 7, Soulcalibur V did it first. Kappa

I remember when there was no internet or social media to change or influence how devs plan/release things. It is a triple edged sword.

Pretty sure that particular sword is only double edged ;-)
Anyway, I feel like there's always some hidden deeper message with your posts. Can't help but read between the lines.
Are you implying that the character leak made Namco release Josie sooner than planned so the development team was forced to recycle moves (/Bruce) for her?
I would certainly understand that. She might not have been finished and Bruce's moves might have just come closest to what they already had for her or had planned on.

Yeah. I'm super fine with his "replacement", even though he is one of my bigger loses, I still got my biggest wish fulfilled.

I hope they'll redesign Lei Wulong, Lee Chaolan, Yoshimitsu, Nina and the rest of the old gang returning later.

As long as Lee's got his Tuxedo I'm good. ;o

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Pretty sure that particular sword is only double edged ;-)
Anyway, I feel like there's always some hidden deeper message with your posts. Can't help but read between the lines.
Are you implying that the character leak made Namco release Josie sooner than planned so the development team was forced to recycle moves (/Bruce) for her?
I would certainly understand that. She might not have been finished and Bruce's moves might have just come closest to what they already had for her or had planned on.

Don't try to read too much into my posts. I'm the kind of person that has to think before he posts because I'm unsure if X or Y variable has been announced publicly yet. lol.

AAK

Sorry for the late reply, just finished writing an exam.

I already know the gameplay isn't as evolved as past entries. But regardless of that, the combo system, after closer inspection, is not the same as Tekken 6. I'm seeing far more combo variety from characters in Tekken 7. Like using Heihachi's hellsweeps right in the beginning of the combo, seeing Kazuya's potential in devil form, characters like Dragunov having massive buffs which have completely changed their combo capabilities, and other stuff. After watching the STL videos, I am more ecstatic to try out the combo system. Before, I wasn't. It especially will be interesting due to the damage fixes this game received. Doing less moves can garner the same level of damage output as a full combo so I completely disagree with you that the combo system will function the same way as Tekken 6.

And you're only looking at stuff that hasn't changed and ignoring the stuff that has. Take a look at the wakeup mechanics, for instance. Take a look at the wall game that's completely change with bound removal. Outside of gameplay, take a look at the music arrangements. Look at the graphics. Subjectively speaking, it's the best looking fighter in the market right now. Look at the stage design and how it shifts between rounds. Going from a wall to an infinite stage between rounds or having multiple floor breaks......or having incredible hit effects and weather effects.....isn't "lazy." Recycling the same TTT2 customs, however, is lazy but they seem to be resolving that problem now with new customs as well.

Just mentioning, the Hell sweep into a bound was possible with Heihachi in TTT2. It was just very unoptimal considering the damage of the 2 hell sweeps in the TTT2 combo system. Sure, you have to use different moves, but the structure of the combo is still the same. The goal is still the name... you want to do a filler to either get maximum damage or wall carry. Why can't they introduce something new to aim for in your combo's? TTT2 had a tag cancel combo you could aim for along with the usual wall carry/max damage combo. That is what a sequel should introduce.

Kazuya's Devil form is the only unique thing in T7's Rage Arts along with Paul's launch cancel. Having only 2 of the cast do interesting things while everyone else (except King) are just doing rehashed animations of old moves is lazy for me.

And yes, wakeup is different... that's true. BUT it's the exact same as Tekken Revolution. I've put at least 1500 games there so it's still lazy for me that they're not building from there.

Easily the most disappointing thing about this game is Josie.

How is Josie more obnoxious than LC?

How is Josie more obnoxious than LC?

Lucky Chloe is a brand new character. I'm cool with brand new characters. I'm not cool with new characters that are reskins of old characters that were cool. Like I said before. It's one thing to go from Michelle to Julia, Marshall to Forrest and back to Marshall. It's another to go from Bryan Fury to Kawaii Girl. What makes it worse is that Bruce was one of the only cool non-sterotyped black characters in fighting games and there are no black characters in Tekken 7 right now when there were 4 in Tag 2. You couldn't pick another character out of all the characters that are missing that wasn't of a race that is not represented and make Josie? Like why didn't they use Ancient Ogre as a base? He's got some kick boxing moves and a bunch of unique stuff and Ogre is DEAD.

AAK

LC replaced Capo's.

But yes she's not a Re-skin. So I see your point. Anyways... LC devastated me way more.

Deps

To me, LC doesn't look like she plays anything like a capo. She doesn't even look like she has many capo moves. The only high level LC I've seen is Chanel, so I might be wrong.

Sayah

Sorry for the late reply, just finished writing an exam.

Just mentioning, the Hell sweep into a bound was possible with Heihachi in TTT2. It was just very unoptimal considering the damage of the 2 hell sweeps in the TTT2 combo system. Sure, you have to use different moves, but the structure of the combo is still the same. The goal is still the name... you want to do a filler to either get maximum damage or wall carry. Why can't they introduce something new to aim for in your combo's? TTT2 had a tag cancel combo you could aim for along with the usual wall carry/max damage combo. That is what a sequel should introduce.

Kazuya's Devil form is the only unique thing in T7's Rage Arts along with Paul's launch cancel. Having only 2 of the cast do interesting things while everyone else (except King) are just doing rehashed animations of old moves is lazy for me.

And yes, wakeup is different... that's true. BUT it's the exact same as Tekken Revolution. I've put at least 1500 games there so it's still lazy for me that they're not building from there.

I definitely do not recall Tekken Revolution having some of the wakeup features that are in Tekken 7. For instance, the backward sway getup and the instant getup and the toekick rollback.

And as I already mentioned to you, lower number of hits = greater or equal damage plus more creative ways to get combo damage in, which means combos are not the same as Tekken 6.

HeelPower

-Scantly clad young girl

Other than the bolded which seemed to cause legit controversy,I dont see anything wrong with Josie.She's an improvement imo /;

I don't know what that means.

BTW according to inatekken, Brosie's d+4 is only -10.

/pickatoptier

16-tekken-7-arcade-4.jpg

This set of stickers was handed out at the location test. Every old character in the game so far is on these stickers. Both Devil Jin and Jin were added, they were on the stickers.

AAK

I definitely do not recall Tekken Revolution having some of the wakeup features that are in Tekken 7. For instance, the backward sway getup and the instant getup and the toekick rollback.

Utility wise, the backsway is the same as in Revolution in the fact that you can't be floated. It's just that the animation is different that prevents backturned strings. Something far too situational and character specific to be a legitimate change from Revolution. Maybe the distance covering less will play some role but we haven't seen any difference from the match videos yet. The players still have a window to get a free standard launch just like in Revolution.

About the T6 bound get-up: it's not universal. There are still plenty of moves in the game that characters can use to spike their opponents. For example, Steve used to use FLK 1,d+1 or iWS+1,2. Now instead he uses u/f+1 since the others enable the quick get-up. It's still in the game. But alas, should those T6-bound moves ever come into play then yes, the game is different in the fact that you can get back to neutral faster.

And for the toe-kick. It's basically a buff and not a new mechanic. It simply makes toe-kicks safer on hit and harder to punish on block. It's not a brand new mechanic.

Overall, my point being: The standard of a Tekken sequel was always wondrous. The competition never stood a chance. And with Tekken being a game already having people spend 10's of dollars every week on arcades alone, skimping out on that ambition they were known for gives me a laziness vibe. Even the new tail-spin mechanic itself feels like the developers thought "this is good enough" and moved on. At least in Tekken 6 when bound was introduced they would acknowledge that the players will have combo's when the opponent is facing up or facing down and so they created bound properties for both situations. Right now in T7 if the opponent is launched backturned the tail-spin animation is exactly the same as in a standard launch. We never got this lack of comprehensive polish in previous games.

The game will be fun and I'll still play it...but it's only because the foundation set by the previous games is just that damn good, and T7 isn't trying to push the envelope like its predecessors did.

And as I already mentioned to you, lower number of hits = greater or equal damage plus more creative ways to get combo damage in, which means combos are not the same as Tekken 6.

I agree that it's not the same, but what I was referring to was the goals of the combo. In T6 (and T5) you had to choose between 3 goals: Wall carry, Max Damage, or set-up for Okizeme. In TTT2, they added another 2 possible goals which was to find a way to safely tag out, or make a setup to bait a tag crash. Now that Tag is gone, we're back to that same tri-goal game-plan from Tekken 6. I wish they'd innovate to create something new we can achieve towards with the combo's rather than just make the combo's look different.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
16-tekken-7-arcade-4.jpg

This set of stickers was handed out at the location test. Every old character in the game so far is on these stickers. Both Devil Jin and Jin were added, they were on the stickers.

Aren't those stickers old? Reused? They're using the character designs from Tekken 6 (jin with coat, Kuma with no handkerchief, Yoshimitu's T6 look).

Aren't those stickers old? Reused? They're using the character designs from Tekken 6 (jin with coat, Kuma with no handkerchief, Yoshimitu's T6 look).

At the location test no one had their new clothes either remember? Lars still had his BR 2P outfit. Those stickers were specific to the location test. Why only those character? It could be a coincidence but so far it's 100% accurate.

Sayah

^^^^^
Is it me or did Katarina's model improve?

At the location test no one had their new clothes either remember? Lars still had his BR 2P outfit. Those stickers were specific to the location test. Why only those character? It could be a coincidence but so far it's 100% accurate.

I would be happy with that list of returning characters. It has both Nina and Anna. :)

Though, I would replace Ganryu, Panda, and Armor King with Marduk, Jinpachi, and Lei.
Utility wise, the backsway is the same as in Revolution in the fact that you can't be floated. It's just that the animation is different that prevents backturned strings. Something far too situational and character specific to be a legitimate change from Revolution. Maybe the distance covering less will play some role but we haven't seen any difference from the match videos yet. The players still have a window to get a free standard launch just like in Revolution.

About the T6 bound get-up: it's not universal. There are still plenty of moves in the game that characters can use to spike their opponents. For example, Steve used to use FLK 1,d+1 or iWS+1,2. Now instead he uses u/f+1 since the others enable the quick get-up. It's still in the game. But alas, should those T6-bound moves ever come into play then yes, the game is different in the fact that you can get back to neutral faster.

And for the toe-kick. It's basically a buff and not a new mechanic. It simply makes toe-kicks safer on hit and harder to punish on block. It's not a brand new mechanic.

Overall, my point being: The standard of a Tekken sequel was always wondrous. The competition never stood a chance. And with Tekken being a game already having people spend 10's of dollars every week on arcades alone, skimping out on that ambition they were known for gives me a laziness vibe. Even the new tail-spin mechanic itself feels like the developers thought "this is good enough" and moved on. At least in Tekken 6 when bound was introduced they would acknowledge that the players will have combo's when the opponent is facing up or facing down and so they created bound properties for both situations. Right now in T7 if the opponent is launched backturned the tail-spin animation is exactly the same as in a standard launch. We never got this lack of comprehensive polish in previous games.

The game will be fun and I'll still play it...but it's only because the foundation set by the previous games is just that damn good, and T7 isn't trying to push the envelope like its predecessors did.

I agree that it's not the same, but what I was referring to was the goals of the combo. In T6 (and T5) you had to choose between 3 goals: Wall carry, Max Damage, or set-up for Okizeme. In TTT2, they added another 2 possible goals which was to find a way to safely tag out, or make a setup to bait a tag crash. Now that Tag is gone, we're back to that same tri-goal game-plan from Tekken 6. I wish they'd innovate to create something new we can achieve towards with the combo's rather than just make the combo's look different.

lol. Those are still new wakeup mechanics that weren't in previous games with different animating done.

I completely get that Tekken 7 hasn't evolved as much since the previous entry. I've acknowledged that myself multiple times in this thread, especially with how quickly the tailspin mechanic was replicated in the T6 PSP version.

With that said, getting back to the main point, I do not consider this game lazy. You have to look at the whole picture and not just certain aspects of it. I previously thought combos wouldn't be that different and I get that triad you're trying to suggest but the STL combo videos are proving otherwise for the potential that this game has in that department. Beyond that, the stage design is the absolute best in my opinion. I had a lot of complaints before about this game (particularly with the music being terrible, customs being completely 100% recycled, same default designs on returning characters, etc.) but they have consistently proven that they are updating the game over and over again. Look at the location test and it's a great change from what we have now. Look at the character models and updates on them. Look at the exciting new music they've added. Look at the new customs they are just starting to add. They're doing work and I won't call that lazy, especially when it's so hard and expensive to be developing for next-gen consoles. In the previous generations, we've always had fighting games launch during or close to new console releases. Why do you think that isn't the case this time around? A free to play Killer Instinct with 8 or so characters and an old-gen port of Injustice is all we got.

I am all in all fine with Josie. She is different enough I feel to leave just enough room for Bruce, but if not I can see her being a fun replacement. To me, I just think about the kid that Bruce always encouraged in several endings. I was hoping that kid would replace Bruce someday. I mean there are several characters we see in CG that I would really like to see again. I mean...

S6TjpiV.png

What happened to the Bruce kid?

yQNokJ0.png

Did Jeff Slater ever get up off the mat after Marduk knocked him out?

kywIXAf.png

What about the pepper beef fellows? Surely Marshall Law has trained them by now. Most epic RageArt Ever, THIS PEPPER BEEF IS TOO DAMN SPICY!

AAK

The thing is, if I wanted to play the same game TTT2's solo mode can easily cure that itch. I would have infinitely preferred a Tekken 4 sized roster if it meant we get a brand new Tekken game.

Sayah

Josie is a fine character minus the design and personality, which could have been way better.

Speaking of CGi characters, I always wanted a Jane + Jack combo character. Sort of like Ferra and Torr in MKX. Would be soooooooo cool.
latest

And Dr. Abel, of course.
latest

The thing is, if I wanted to play the same game TTT2 is a great game in its own right. I would have infinitely preferred a Tekken 4 sized roster if it meant we get a brand new Tekken game.

Except TTT2 doesn't have that new shine and it's much more complicated to play in comparison to Tekken 7. It's also the least popular Tekken entry in series history both in competitive and casual terms (not counting handheld titles).

For people like me who are hoping to go back to 1v1, Tekken 7 is overall looking great. I am just so sick of tag games and so tired of random raw launcher hopkicks and all the other frustrations that TTT2 comes along with. I was playing Tekken 6 with boutdown some months ago and it felt so much more up close and intense whereas I'm just fooling around half the time in TTT2. I love TTT2 and consider it the best fighter to date but I also played it for over 1,000 hours and need to move on.

Dereck

The grown up adult opinion that I have is nothing, I have nothing to really say about Tekken 7 since, from my point of view, Tekken 7 is not a video game, but a collection of YouTube videos, until I play the game, I won't have any actual opinions.

All I can say is that aimlessly ranting about the things involved with the game is more fun than playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 right now, so that's what I'm choosing to do instead.

Sayah

TTT2 solo mode would cure that itch if anyone played solo, but really solo might as well not exist in TTT2.

Besides the fact that almost no one uses solo mode, playing solo in TTT2 is just not the same. The camera angle in Tekken 6 is more up close. Whereas TTT2, it's more spread out and some of the wall stages are also really big. It might seem like a minor thing but for whatever reason, the fights just feel far more intense, up close, and personal in Tekken 6.

sasuke_91

I don't know what that means.

BTW according to inatekken, Brosie's d+4 is only -10.

/pickatoptier

People call her Brosie now \o/

^^^^^
Is it me or did Katarina's model improve?

I thought so too. Looks way better than what I remember.

The grown up adult opinion that I have is nothing, I have nothing to really say about Tekken 7 since, from my point of view, Tekken 7 is not a video game, but a collection of YouTube videos, until I play the game, I won't have any actual opinions.

Exactly. I don't know how the game feels, what the controls are like. I won't complain about anything until I can actually play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom