• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayah

oh hey, all pools are finally up now (well, it's preliminary, but still)

Northwest Majors entrants by game:

Melee-152
USF4-131
Xrd-127
Smash 4-102
Project M-88
TTT2-64
MKX-58
UNIEL-48
UMvC3-47 (lol)
P4AU-39
BBCP-38 (I clearly see a duplicate in pool 1...)
GGXX-32
Skullgirls-25
VS-21
Smash 64-19
Injustice-18

Marvel: now so dead it's actually in the bottom half in entrants /s

It's hard to believe TTT2 is actually getting more entrants in recent tournaments. MKX is pretty low for a brand new game, which is surprising.

Numb

Smash Bros. is a really great series and I've pretty much loved all four of the games. 8 player smash alone makes a Wii U purchase worth it.

Smash 4 is my first and i have put a ton of hours in it.
Played King Dedede exclusively and have no desire to play anyone else. Unless if my boy Wonder Red wins the character poll.

Sayah

Smash 4 is my first and i have put a ton of hours in it.
Played King Dedede exclusively and have no desire to play anyone else. Unless if my boy Wonder Red wins the character poll.

I use Pika, Puff, Charizard, Mario, and Peach.

But more than anyone, I loooooooove Pac-Man. One of the most fun to play characters ever. I hope he makes it in future Smash games. The goofy smile and the way he gets kills is amazing.

Pachimari

I'm annoyed I can't get into Smash. I haven't even unlocked all of the characters and I really wanna main Duck Hunt dog. But even my gf is better than me at that game.

Now I keep using the c stick to attack.

sasuke_91

I have Smash on 3DS, but I'm not good at it. I'll put some time in it soon. Would love to play the game on Wii U. I play Pikachu and Link.

Hmm... there's going to be 2 tournaments in Germany soon. I'll only be able to attend one in Frankfurt at the end of May. There's going to be a much bigger one on the 10th of May with some of the best German players, but I'm not ready for that, and it's pretty far away :p

AAK

NRS players don't travel to NWM the same way Tekken players don't travel to Norcal Regionals despite them having Tekken 7 there and offering a TTT2 side-tournament.

MKX will be huge in the east coast tournaments.

EDIT: BTW NWM paid the tickets for players like Anakin, Fab, Bronson, and others to come to their tournament. Hence the hype and reasons for a lot of players travelling there. As far as I know they didn't pay for any big NRS community member and hence there wasn't much hype for the MK community. But alas, still surprised it didn't pull bigger numbers. I'm going to Toryuken this May and I'll see how many players will be there. Rumors are that Bloodhawk might make it. it'll be exciting to play him.

AAK

Pool play makes things infinitely easier to organize logistically considering the limited amount of setups by having a small number of the tournament participants required for a certain time before moving on to the next pool.

EDIT: According to JDCR, Tekken 7 has way more lag than TTT2. Not sure if it's a problem with Korea's arcade cabs or if it's a general problem. And right now he's disclosing a lot of interesting information about Shaheen:

http://www.eventhubs.com/streams/tkjdcr/

EDIT2:

He's basically saying Shaheen is essentially a much stronger Lee who's easier to use. His 14 frame punisher is ridiculous. (It's a high palm strike that automatically goes into the bacturned Lei 1+3 throw)

EDIT3:

The chat was asking out of all the characters he's played who does he enjoy the most. He played Kazuya, Heihachi, Dragunovv, and Shaheen so far and he's really bored of playing the first 3 characters who play exactly the same since T6BR so he's putting time into Shaheen.

EDIT4:

He also has no idea when Tekken Crash will start, or if it's still in the pipeline.

lupinko

Nah, Tekken 7 is laggy as a whole, while most of it is from the netplay, it can sometimes get sluggish when playing local too.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Pool play makes things infinitely easier to organize logistically considering the limited amount of setups by having a small number of the tournament participants required for a certain time before moving on to the next pool.

EDIT: According to JDCR, Tekken 7 has way more lag than TTT2. Not sure if it's a problem with Korea's arcade cabs or if it's a general problem. And right now he's disclosing a lot of interesting information about Shaheen:

http://www.eventhubs.com/streams/tkjdcr/

EDIT2:

He's basically saying Shaheen is essentially a much stronger Lee who's easier to use. His 14 frame punisher is ridiculous. (It's a high palm strike that automatically goes into the bacturned Lei 1+3 throw)

EDIT3:

The chat was asking out of all the characters he's played who does he enjoy the most. He played Kazuya, Heihachi, Dragunovv, and Shaheen so far and he's really bored of playing the first 3 characters who play exactly the same since T6BR so he's putting time into Shaheen.

EDIT4:

He also has no idea when Tekken Crash will start, or if it's still in the pipeline.

Did he say what makes Shaheen feel like Lee. Is he just very poke heavy?

Degen

EDIT2:

wfubYpQ.gif

they're un-retconning what Ogre did in Tekken 3

av2k

I'm going to Seattle this weekend but not for north west majors :<. I'll stop by to say hi to the gang though, I'll take a few pictures for you guys.

I like Tekken 6 solo better.

Really? I feel like Tag 2 solo is so much better. One of the biggest problems with T6 was how small all the levels were. Tag 2 doesn't have that problem on top of the fact it's better balanced too. IMO if you play Tag 2 solo, it's probably the best Tekken game. You get all the benefits of the improved stages and balance and none of the bullshit that comes from the tag.

Sayah

Really? I feel like Tag 2 solo is so much better. One of the biggest problems with T6 was how small all the levels were. Tag 2 doesn't have that problem on top of the fact it's better balanced too. IMO if you play Tag 2 solo, it's probably the best Tekken game. You get all the benefits of the improved stages and balance and none of the bullshit that comes from the tag.

That's exactly the problem I have lol. Most stages are too big in TTT2 for solo. I like the pressure and intensity that comes from cornering your opponent against a wall or from getting yourself out of those situations..........and there's more of that happening in Tekken 6. I only use infinite stages for practice mode and more often than not do not like fighting on them in vs. battles. Thank goodness they didn't get rid of walls too after Tekken 4.

As far as balance, Tekken 6 BR is pretty well balanced.

That's exactly the problem I have lol. Most stages are too big in TTT2 for solo. I like the pressure and intensity that comes from cornering your opponent against a wall or from getting yourself out of those situations..........and there's more of that happening in Tekken 6. I only use infinite stages for practice mode and more often than not do not like fighting on them in vs. battles. Thank goodness they didn't get rid of walls too after Tekken 4.

As far as balance, Tekken 6 BR is pretty well balanced.

We will agree to disagree on this. Small stages hurt Tekken 6. Too many times someone would get hit, taken to a wall and then there was a ton of bullshit at the wall. A perfect example of this is Bryan. Bryan in Tekken 5 DR is on paper a stronger character than BR Bryan but Bryan is way higher on the tier list in BR than DR. One of the huge factors in that was because the way the stages were made in Tekken 6 he could exploit his stupid wall game that much easier. All the stages were too small. If you look at the REAL top tier characters in BR you see all of them have stupid good wall carries and wall games.

DEATH™

We will agree to disagree on this. Small stages hurt Tekken 6. Too many times someone would get hit, taken to a wall and then there was a ton of bullshit at the wall. A perfect example of this is Bryan. Bryan in Tekken 5 DR is on paper a stronger character than BR Bryan but Bryan is way higher on the tier list in BR than DR. One of the huge factors in that was because the way the stages were made in Tekken 6 he could exploit his stupid wall game that much easier. All the stages were too small. If you look at the REAL top tier characters in BR you see all of them have stupid good wall carries and wall games.

To add to this, one of the reasons Steve was so good in T6 was not only his crazy damage off juggles, but every single juggle brings you to a wall where his crazy wall game and oki gets amplified.

But yeah, I'm really interested how will TTT2 solo vs. T7 goes when compared side by side.

Numb

This thing is too funny still.
Dude looks like he found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or something.
Why is it that he gets the only weird one?

sasuke_91

A perfect example of this is Bryan. Bryan in Tekken 5 DR is on paper a stronger character than BR Bryan but Bryan is way higher on the tier list in BR than DR. One of the huge factors in that was because the way the stages were made in Tekken 6 he could exploit his stupid wall game that much easier.
Taunt Jet Upper alone makes him a character I never want to have my back at the wall against. When I play Steve I want to switch positions as soon as possible (and let him eat a qcf+1 while I'm at it :p).

This guy makes Jin look like a perfect character for combos. A lot of the damage comes from Tag buffering of course, but his wall carry with Jin is also something I don't see often.
I'm gonna miss this in Tekken 7. Tag made combo videos so awesome.

lupinko

I basically committed pokemon suicide, so it looks like I'll be hanging out with you guys more often now.

So, I have left over yen in my Japanese PSN wallet. I can get the digital TTT2 there but it's 18GB. I don't know how much it is used though I figure it should be cheap.

I did try out Revo but after playing 7 it's not going well with me. Which is funny because 7 should be closer to Revo than TTT2.

This is mainly to practice older characters at home (also to see how they fight so I know how to defend against them in 7 with Kat and Shaheen), and I don't have time to unlock stuff in Revo anyway.

AAK

To hell with that Capcom stream.

In around 40 minutes we are about to witness what probably might be the last time the following players will ever be in the same premise battling it out in TTT2:

Inkognito
Anakin
JimmyJTran
JFJ
Bronson
NYC Fab
SpeedKicks
Princess Ling
KodeeVu
Rip
Lil Majin

The only top American player missing is Fighting GM.

This will be the ode to what might really be the last ambitious Tekken game. Might as well enjoy it

EDIT: Forgot to mention AV will be there too! Hope you have fun there brother!

Sayah

We definitely will have to agree to disagree. I don't think small stages hurt Tekken 6. Bryan isn't the only one getting easier wall carries. A lot of characters do. But as I said, I prefer this since it's more pressure and greater level of hand-to-hand, up close combat. TTT2 solo leaves a significant amount of room for turtling and zoning and it takes longer to go from one end of the stage to the other end. There's less of an opportunity to corner your opponent.

I basically committed pokemon suicide, so it looks like I'll be hanging out with you guys more often now.

So, I have left over yen in my Japanese PSN wallet. I can get the digital TTT2 there but it's 18GB. I don't know how much it is used though I figure it should be cheap.

I did try out Revo but after playing 7 it's not going well with me. Which is funny because 7 should be closer to Revo than TTT2.

This is mainly to practice older characters at home (also to see how they fight so I know how to defend against them in 7 with Kat and Shaheen), and I don't have time to unlock stuff in Revo anyway.

TTT2 digital is always going on sale (at least on EU PSN) for really cheap. Maybe wait for a sale? It's gone as low as 5 Euros.

AAK

Dunno what to say to you. I'm getting no lag, no audio delay, in sync commentary and I'm running on Canadian 15 DL/10 UL speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom