• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSX

Is anyone going to Texas Showdown? Hope to see you there.

BTW. I've been playing a lot of Josie (since yesterday) and she plays very unlike how I thought she would be. She has a lot of move similarities with Bruce, yes... but her flow and options for pokes/post combos / wall carry are MUCH different.

She's fun though... and that's the most important thing for me.

If things go well , I should be seeing you there :)

lupinko

Leo is both strong and straight forward. Asuka has some tricky gimmicks that can be fun to mess around with, but she's not a complicated character.

Ah ok, I thought about Leo too, I'm not interested in Asuka's play style. Though Leo is very Akira from VF, I play Sarah in VF and older Tekken games Marduk and sorta Aking.

Lili, Alisa, Feng are all easy to learn. I would recommend those three in Revolution. Unless by high school duo, you're referring to either Alisa or Lili.

Yeah I meant Lili and Asuka, Feng is pretty interesting too style wise.

Shaheen is extremely easy to learn, as is Claudio.

I already practice with Shaheen and have used him. I'm just grinding out Kat right now. No interest in goofy Goenitz JoJo Claudio.

But neither of those two are in Tekken Revolution. :p

Bingo.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I don't think you sleep man. I see you online everytime i am up and you are playing MKX since adding you.
Or is your PS4 in some mode thats always online?

Girlfriend works from home and never remembers to turn the damn PS4 off, I've not actualy played MKX in weeks!

Time to make her her own account :p

sasuke_91

Girlfriend works from home and never remembers to turn the damn PS4 off, I've not actualy played MKX in weeks!

Time to make her her own account :p
Your girlfriend plays fighting games? Marry her!

Tekken 6 Hwoarang feels kind of weird. RFS df+4 and LFS df+3 don't bound. No df+4,3. RFS d+4,3 is the same as LFF/LFS d+3,4. 4,4,3 doesn't bound and LFS 3~f has a weird animation. uf+3+4 is only possible in LFF, not LFS, so my usual wall carry is not possible. Even JFSR doesn't feel so cool in this game because he doesn't shout like a madman :p
How do you even play a character like that?!
WS+2 launches on counterhit though, which is pretty nice.

Steve doesn't have FC df+1 into PAB, and that's a move I spam all day. It's part of my mindgame from full crouch and a very good way to go into PAB. This alone makes me a better Steve player in TTT2 than in T6^^

BTW. I've been playing a lot of Josie (since yesterday) and she plays very unlike how I thought she would be. She has a lot of move similarities with Bruce, yes... but her flow and options for pokes/post combos / wall carry are MUCH different.

She's fun though... and that's the most important thing for me.

Could you elaborate, please? Different how?

I'm hungry for any kind of Josie info really ^.^

Pachimari

I really would like to practice a juggle today. I don't think I have ever successfully done a juggle, so if I try out one with Bruce Irvin in Practice (and then in a match), which one should I go for?

Mmm, with Bruce i've been using:

df+2 f+4,3,4 MTS f+1 B! uf+3+4

It's easier than his wall carry stuff to me. Just start with the launch, then do the whole first string. At the end he'll go into stance automagically, then just hold forward and press 1 for the bound. Then do the jumping knee to finish.

lupinko

I don't really buy PS3 games anymore, so with my leftover ¥3000 from many years ago still in my Japanese PSN wallet, I'm going to opt for TTT2 digital, since I only need to add ¥1000 on top of that. Used disc is about a little over ¥3000 with taxes but that's without the pass. I used to own the physical NA copy but I may have sold it and even if I did still own it I didn't bring it to Japan.

I understand it's cheaper in the EU stores usually via sale, but I would need EU or UK PSN funds, and purchasing that online would be via PayPal which in my case would be a bummer because the CAD exchange with EUR or GBP is never good.

I've made space on my HDD in anticipation for it, deleted UNIEL and a Blazblue revision, I'll delete Revo and DR when I get around to buying/downloading Tag 2.

This is really to practice at home for Tekken 7 so I can also see what returning characters have that I can practice against. Obviously I can't do this in the arcade t7 training mode since it'd be too expensive at ¥100 a game and that would be better served grinding out Kat/Shaheen/old character against players instead.

I think it's Muay Thay Stance? Officially it's called.. uh.. Passart? He goes into it at the end of the string, so just do f+1 after a slight pause.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Mmm, with Bruce i've been using:

df+2 f+4,3,4 MTS f+1 B! uf+3+4

It's easier than his wall carry stuff to me. Just start with the launch, then do the whole first string. At the end he'll go into stance automagically, then just hold forward and press 1 for the bound. Then do the jumping knee to finish.

You should really learn the proper ender, it shouldn't take long, basically zero execution

B! 3,2~f 1 3,2~f2

More damage and far more wall carry (Not to mention IMO one of the prettiest combos)

Just take it slow from the start. Start with just the launcher and the first string, then slowly add more stuff to the end.

Personally i remember combo stuff as a sort of rhythm in my head. It'll get easier if you keep at it.

Numb

Thanks for the input. But never in my life will I learn this. I will have to put aside a whole day for this one juggle alone:

You can do it if you did some of the combos in practice mode. I usually cut my combos into segments to remember easier.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Thanks for the input. But never in my life will I learn this. I will have to put aside a whole day for this one juggle alone:

Thats the exact combo I'm talking about, learn that and you're golden for solo Bruce. Only takes small variations to work from all his launchers :)

I came back to Tekken with 6 and played Bruce, then later, Leo, trust me, I know the pain of learning awkward feeling motions. Hang in there, you'll get it.

I really would like to practice a juggle today. I don't think I have ever successfully done a juggle, so if I try out one with Bruce Irvin in Practice (and then in a match), which one should I go for?

Standard Solo Bruce Juggles

u/f+4/d/f+2 f+434 MTS f+1 delay f+31 32f CD2

WS+21 ff d+34 MTS f+1 f+31 u/f+3+4

CH b+2 f+3 d/f+4 MTS f+1 f+3 32f CD1 32f CD+2

b+1+2 f+3 d/f+4 MTS f+1 f+3 32f CD1 32f CD+2

CD+2 f+3 f+434 MTS f+1 32f CD1 32f CD+2

bf+4 u/fn4 d/f+4 MTS f+1 f+3 32f CD1 32f CD+2

CH 4 f+1+2 d/f+4 MTS f+1 f+3 32f CD1 32f CD+2

You should really learn the proper ender, it shouldn't take long, basically zero execution

B! 3,2~f 1 3,2~f2

More damage and far more wall carry (Not to mention IMO one of the prettiest combos)

Oh shit, you were right. I thought the 3,2 cancel would be hard to do in a combo but.. it really isn't. It's so lenient! You can even just do 3, f2, 1 and it still comes out!

It's just the second pickup that takes a little effort to time right. Time to try and drill this into my muscle memory.

Numb

The army of Josie is being born infront of us.Glad MarkMan said she plays differently other the obvious stuff.
I need to learn Bruce aswell. I last trained with him in T6.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Standard Solo Bruce Juggles

u/f+4/d/f+2 f+434 MTS f+1 delay f+31 32f CD2

WS+21 ff d+34 MTS f+1 f+31 u/f+3+4

CH b+2 f+3 d/f+4 MTS f+1 f+3 32f CD1 32f CD+2

b+1+2 f+3 d/f+4 MTS f+1 f+3 32f CD1 32f CD+2

CD+2 f+3 f+434 MTS f+1 32f CD1 32f CD+2

bf+4 u/fn4 d/f+4 MTS f+1 f+3 32f CD1 32f CD+2

CH 4 f+1+2 d/f+4 MTS f+1 f+3 32f CD1 32f CD+2

Also the rather underused starter:

CH d/b+3+4 f+3 d/f+4 MTS f+1 f+3 32f CD1 32f CD+2

sasuke_91

If it takes you one day for your first juggle, it'll take you a half for your second and it only becomes easier after that. Trust me, we all went through this. You can do it, too ;)

Thats the exact combo I'm talking about, learn that and you're golden for solo Bruce. Only takes small variations to work from all his launchers :)

I came back to Tekken with 6 and played Bruce, then later, Leo, trust me, I know the pain of learning awkward feeling motions. Hang in there, you'll get it.

Leo's combos are weird to get used to. At first I just did df+2, 1,2, db+2,2 B! because I just couldn't do the proper combo :p

Oh, sick. Counterhit low launcher? This i can use. >=3

Hrm, for the crumple pickups, it seems like d+3, 4, MTS f+1 gives a lot more time for the confirm compared to f3, df+4, MTS f+1. I might have to settle for that..

lupinko

I tried practicing with Asuka, she's fairly straightforward but I'm not really feeling her play style. Ugh I wish Feng and Leo were unlocked. I went back to DR from Revo and man the gap is huuuuge!

I'll go for TTT2 tho for practice at home soon tho.

I'm trying hard not to play Tekken 7 until payday right now, haha.

Good games, Doomshine. That last round was such an unfortunate series of events. Owww.

Edit: Sorry i had to bail so quick. Will be back on in an hour or so if anyone wants a game.

AAK

Madridista did you get to check out the Bubsy & RealMenace channels I linked earlier?

First year of nursing school is done. That means I actually have free time now!

Congrats man! Do you still have offline sessions? I remember you once posted how you got to play against RayBoneKilla and others offline before. Anything like that still happening?

Just got back from court. They wanna put me in cuffs. Let's try this online game thing again? Anyone down?

Jeez, I'm so sorry hear that. That must be insanely stressful. Hope things work out.

lupinko

Hey Markman I know I could just pm this but I figure everybody would like to know too. So anyhow, you going to tour tekken 7 in Chicago at combo breaker?

I have a buddy wondering that.

lupinko

^ Thanks.

Should I take up Feng over Leo or Asuka as my potential #3 after Kat and Shaheen/old character to practice at home with?

Until I get around to buying Tag 2 I have to grind out Revo to unlock Feng and Leo, I could also use Feng in DR but DR is super old.

Just seeing the changes with Asuka alone is huge for me.

My month or so playing Tekken 7 in Japanese arcades has made me a better player than me playing Tekken 1-Tag 2 in arcades/with my brother as a kid/with my friends back home in Canada. I see that right away with me just playing around with Asuka at home in Revo and DR, it's shocking really. No hyperbole too.

Spuck-uk

Banned
^ Thanks.

Should I take up Feng over Leo or Asuka as my potential #3 after Kat and Shaheen/old character to practice at home with?

Until I get around to buying Tag 2 I have to grind out Revo to unlock Feng and Leo, I could also use Feng in DR but DR is super old.

Just seeing the changes with Asuka alone is huge for me.

My month or so playing Tekken 7 in Japanese arcades has made me a better player than me playing Tekken 1-Tag 2 in arcades/with my brother as a kid/with my friends back home in Canada. I see that right away with me just playing around with Asuka at home in Revo and DR, it's shocking really. No hyperbole too.

I play Feng/Leo as my main team, so I can answer most questions.

Feng is the easier of the two to play, especially in Revo, whereas Leo in TTT2 is a fantastic secondary to almost any character in the game.

lupinko

I play Feng/Leo as my main team, so I can answer most questions.

Feng is the easier of the two to play, especially in Revo, whereas Leo in TTT2 is a fantastic secondary to almost any character in the game.

Oh cool thanks, a friend of mine recommended Aris' Feng tutorial videos to watch too. I'll be sure to ask other Feng and or Leo questions when I can.

sasuke_91

Oh cool thanks, a friend of mine recommended Aris' Feng tutorial videos to watch too. I'll be sure to ask other Feng and or Leo questions when I can.
I play Leo as well. Doomshine plays Leo as well as Feng. I think AAK also plays Leo, so you have a few people to help you with those characters.

Whatever I said about Tekken 6's netcode not being as bad as I remember... it definitely is as bad as I remember o.o
Met a really good Steve player in ranking who destroyed me more than 10 times in a row. He plays other characters as well, but I could handle them. Dat Steve though. I'll totally copy some of his setups^^

lupinko

Anyone think narcoleptic vampire will return in Tekken 7 or she won't return until Tekken Tag Tournament Three: Thrice Times The Terror?

Degen

Anyone think narcoleptic vampire will return in Tekken 7 or she won't return until Tekken Tag Tournament Three: Thrice Times The Terror?
As bizarre as some of T7's new characters are, I think Eliza would be a step too far in that sense. I'd sooner expect them to divvy up her moveset between some unannounced characters.

You know what would be crazy though?

Since her moveset is so small in TR... just fill whatever was left out with Anna's moves

wait

anna with reppukens

never mind

Pachimari

I've been playing so much Bruce to get ready for Tekken 7. Such a shame this character is going away. So much fun to play.

Are you going with Josie in Tekken 7?

Madridista did you get to check out the Bubsy & RealMenace channels I linked earlier?

No. I will do that later today when I got time for Tekken.

No. I'm really sure she won't return. She were just a "copycat" of Lili anyway. Though I would like her in, as I can imagine most players didn't get to play her.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Hey Markman I know I could just pm this but I figure everybody would like to know too. So anyhow, you going to tour tekken 7 in Chicago at combo breaker?

I have a buddy wondering that.

As previously answered, yep. We'll be there.

Pachimari

Anyone up for a few matches now (I'm in Scandinavia)?
I'm just wanna see how I generally fare in a match against some of you, before I start practicing my juggles.

Pachimari

I'll hop online for a bit.

I'm online now. Just invite me.
I'll do solo Bruce, and get my ass kicked, because that's what I do in Tekken.

Also, I have no sound while playing my PS3. :(

[edit]
Okay, I know where I'm at now.

I SUCK!

And I can't break your grabs...

[edit 2]
Thanks for the matches SquirrelSoup.
But man do I SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK.

lupinko

Kudos to everybody on my Eliza question.

As previously answered, yep. We'll be there.

Cool! I've already sent a message to my buddy, he's coming from Minnesota just to try out Tekken 7 at Combo Breaker.

Oh since you're a fellow connourseur of arcade sticks, I've never tried it but how does a LS-32 and Seimitsu push buttons fare on a 3d fighter like Tekken? I know they were staples for CPS1-3 games, shmups, I'd like to also think NeoGeo and any fighting game before VF4 from Sega.

Because I'm thinking about just getting a Saturn to Anything converter/project box made. Back at home I own a HSS-0130, I still need to mod the icky Sega buttons tho to Seimitsu push buttons. Those LS-32s are broken down to such amazing levels that you can gleefully do standing 720s in Street Fighter.

Hopefully I can find another one whole living here in Japan so I can mod it to full Sanwa. I'd like having both options.

I can freely switch between the two it's just of course I want to preserve my baby rather than gutting her best features.

I brought my RAP V3-SA with me here to Japan. I also own a SCV Madcatz for 360 but I left that at home too.

Actually the next time I go back to Playland F1R I should check if their VF3TB cab (providing they have it hooked up that day, they rotate a lot of old games from time to time), I should see what they use for it.

Thanks for the matches SquirrelSoup.
But man do I SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK.

. . . Aha. It's not -that- bad. It's easy to just get rolled up and get no chance to play at all in this game, with no reversals and oppressive oki + walls. Numb did the same thing to me <.<

You just gotta learn the matchups. Every character has some bullshit and you just have to learn to deal with it. (Like, example, i hit you with Bruce's MTS 2 counterhit three times in a row. Lesson learned: don't push buttons there so much next time. )

Or enforce your own game and don't let them play, ho ho. Bruce with his long limbs is pretty good at that, i feel.

I like your Law. Seems better at starting some aggression than your Bruce.

Edit: You should play some of the other people here. They're better so they could probably give more targeted advice.

They'd have to flesh out her moveset a lot then. I don't know, they might have gotten the impression she's not popular from how few people play her in Rev when she really has three strikes against her from the start (Hard to unlock, not that good, really predictable because only half a moveset). I quite like her myself, would give her a spin if i had the credits to level up her stats. =/ That's how it goes in Rev.

Pachimari

I'm better with Law, than I am with Bruce - always were. I just wonna do Josie come Tekken 7.
I don't feel very comfortable with Bruce yet. But I did notice that you hit me three times in a row with the same MTS 2 counterhit, where I kept pressing a button, even though I shouldn't have done that, guess it's reflexes haha.

PS: Tekken 7 is getting another character on May 12.

sasuke_91

And I can't break your grabs...

Throw breaking is very hard, so don't sweat it. I can't break throws either. I can react to them, but I don't see which hand comes first. I always push the wrong button.

Or enforce your own game and don't let them play, ho ho. Bruce with his long limbs is pretty good at that, i feel.

NinthPixel posted a video once with a guy talking about his chess-match and how it is important to enforce your own game on your opponent instead of reacting to his actions. Really opened my eyes, because that's the way I've been playing Tekken for a long time.

Pachimari

I tend to be more of a "defensive" guy without being really defensive. Maybe because I don't have any attacks memorized. I gotta learn that launcher and juggle this week though.

Kudos to everybody on my Eliza question.

Cool! I've already sent a message to my buddy, he's coming from Minnesota just to try out Tekken 7 at Combo Breaker.

Oh since you're a fellow connourseur of arcade sticks, I've never tried it but how does a LS-32 and Seimitsu push buttons fare on a 3d fighter like Tekken? I know they were staples for CPS1-3 games, shmups, I'd like to also think NeoGeo and any fighting game before VF4 from Sega.

Because I'm thinking about just getting a Saturn to Anything converter/project box made. Back at home I own a HSS-0130, I still need to mod the icky Sega buttons tho to Seimitsu push buttons. Those LS-32s are broken down to such amazing levels that you can gleefully do standing 720s in Street Fighter.

Hopefully I can find another one whole living here in Japan so I can mod it to full Sanwa. I'd like having both options.

Hey! I happen to have an LS-32 and Seimitsu buttons. The buttons are a bit stiffer/snappier than typical Sanwa buttons, and the LS-32 is shorter than the standard Sanwa stick so you hit the edges a little bit faster. It's fine for Tekken; I didn't have any gripes with it (other than the standard size shaft cover not fitting, and my hand breaks out when exposed to raw metals for long). I went back to Sanwa stick on my old TE but kept the Seimitsu buttons. I play Tekken with a Crown lever now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom