• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
NinthPixel posted a video once with a guy talking about his chess-match and how it is important to enforce your own game on your opponent instead of reacting to his actions. Really opened my eyes, because that's the way I've been playing Tekken for a long time.
I believe this is the video. - https://youtu.be/Rvzw21_3Hs4
Also, Fingers To Fight happening in about two hours if anyone wants in. I think I will be "professional" at this by the time I am running Tekken 7 online tournaments. Until then, the TTT2 march goes on. http://fingerstofight.challonge.com/f2f14

sasuke_91

Good games Numb and Fraeon. Fun session.

Numb, your rushdown playstyle needs full concentration or I'll get destroyed. Steve's double sidesteps sill seem to work against you though :p
I didn't know you were playing Bruce and Eddy as a team. Interesting choice.

It was very cool when you started going Berserk on us and beating us mercilessly Fraeon. I still fall for the delayed attacks and Alex is an annoying character. Why does he have King's Giant Swing and Tombstone? That low poke is also unnecessarily strong^^ I will not go into practice mode for that Alex though :p
Lili is said to be one of the most linear if not the most linear character in the game, yet I can't seem to be able to step her properly.

Numb

Good games Sasuke and Fraeon. Never thought i would meet an Alex user. Hope we can play again man so i can get some practice against fighting him. I think i beat your Alex maybe once or twice.

Sasuke with those Hwo/Steve crazy combos. I always think i would live but then i see the damage you are dealing and just give up the round.
Picked Bruce to see if i could practice for Josie but it seems like i am doing the same combos over and over again. I need more practice with him.

Fraeon

The good thing about Rolex (for you guys) is that the combos aren't really that scary at all. At worst a hopkick will hit you for low 70s even with tag assault with this team so I don't go tag assaulting a whole lot when I launch and generally try to buffer into Lili instead.

I'm not sure what Numb's main team is but I really don't recommend playing Mokujin just to go for launchers, which is what happened quite a lot of the matches. Once I got more patient, I also punished you for going for that option.

I think Sasuke did slightly better this time than the last time. I remember commenting on you being slightly too patient and you took some initiative now and didn't just let me bully you. Your team is kinda sorta familiar to me since I play against a local guy offline who uses the exact same team except he's really far more aggressive. My offense tends to be kind of loose and not airtight, getting a quick ws12 or stepping out of the way (which you did start doing) or so when I hit you with something that gets you crouching on block is an idea. I don't suggest you hit buttons too much; it's what gets the friend I play against locally killed but I do think there's a balance. Same goes for Jin, really. I've played so much against Tuobbos (also a local player, far better than I am) and his Jin that I feel like I know the shenanigans of that character inside out.

I do think I'm getting more wins than I should be. The motivation for building my team is that I mained Lili in T6 and subbed Roger so that ended up being my team for most of TTT2's lifespan. Turns out there aren't too many characters that I feel like suit my playstyle. Alisa maybe but I haven't had much success with her either and Mishimas require really on-point execution that I don't have. Pretty much everything you see me do with this team is something I crafted myself... because pretty much nobody plays this team.

Numb

The good thing about Rolex (for you guys) is that the combos aren't really that scary at all. At worst a hopkick will hit you for low 70s even with tag assault with this team so I don't go tag assaulting a whole lot when I launch and generally try to buffer into Lili instead.

I'm not sure what Numb's main team is but I really don't recommend playing Mokujin just to go for launchers, which is what happened quite a lot of the matches. Once I got more patient, I also punished you for going for that option.
I usually never see Alex but i never knew his combo damage was that low.
It didn't seem like you needed tag combos tho with all those jabs and giant swings.Your Lili is great too.

Mokujin is my team. Most people tend to not be patient and lose but you figured out being patient is my weakness easily. I do tend to use launchers way more than the average player now that i think about it.

Numb

Yoshi looking like something out of W101. I like it.
That rage art was amazing aswell compared to the rest of the cast.

Numb

DEATH™;163138945 said:
Tekken = Anime confirmed.

Now the FGC will not even touch the game Kappa
Tekken has been weird before most anime games were even established. But this Yoshi is on another level i can see.

Gambit61

Wow, Yoshimitsu looks sick. New super animation and a fly combo. Now I just need to see Lei and I'm set with a good amount of mains.

sasuke_91

I think Sasuke did slightly better this time than the last time. I remember commenting on you being slightly too patient and you took some initiative now and didn't just let me bully you. Your team is kinda sorta familiar to me since I play against a local guy offline who uses the exact same team except he's really far more aggressive. My offense tends to be kind of loose and not airtight, getting a quick ws12 or stepping out of the way (which you did start doing) or so when I hit you with something that gets you crouching on block is an idea. I don't suggest you hit buttons too much; it's what gets the friend I play against locally killed but I do think there's a balance. Same goes for Jin, really. I've played so much against Tuobbos (also a local player, far better than I am) and his Jin that I feel like I know the shenanigans of that character inside out.

I noticed that you know my team pretty well. And that's the problem. I'm really weak against Lili and Alex is a mystery for me (nobody uses him), so you already have an advantage^^
I know Tuobbos. He's in the World Arena pretty often. Yeah, he's far better than the likes of us :p

Yoshimitsu has a tentacle tail now? I heard the game turns into a hentai if Yoshi plays against Lucky Chloe.
But why tentacles? o_O

Numb

Yoshimitsu has a tentacle tail now? I heard the game turns into a hentai if Yoshi plays against Lucky Chloe.
But why tentacles? o_O

You should be asking why not? Kidding aside Yoshi is always made real weird so it is hard to gauge if he is good or bad. I like all his versions including this one. Can't wait to use random unblockables.

Yoshimitsu thread shows how much of a mistake it is not to have new costumes for everyone. Look how much traction that thread has gotten compared to other reveals.

Learned a lot of cool stuff on Knee's stream this morning. Having an english speaker in the room really helps!

I wasn't planning on using Bruce in T7 if he made it in, but Josie sounds interesting enough to give a look at. d+4 is -10, +1 on hit!!!!!
for now

It looks like Yoshi no longer has two stances. Watch the reveal video, he does his old d/f+2 from sword out stance. That got moved to no sword stance in Tekken 6. I think we might be getting a version of Yoshi that has all his best tools at his disposal at all times. Kinda like Tekken 5 Yoshi.

Learned a lot of cool stuff on Knee's stream this morning. Having an english speaker in the room really helps!

I wasn't planning on using Bruce in T7 if he made it in, but Josie sounds interesting enough to give a look at. d+4 is -10, +1 on hit!!!!!
for now

I highly doubt the move is -10 or +1 despite what inaTekken has listed with question marks.

Doomshine

It looks like Yoshi no longer has two stances. Watch the reveal video, he does his old d/f+2 from sword out stance. That got moved to no sword stance in Tekken 6. I think we might be getting a version of Yoshi that has all his best tools at his disposal at all times. Kinda like Tekken 5 Yoshi.
If that is the case then I'm playing Yoshimitsu again.

Degen

Yoshimitsu thread shows how much of a mistake it is not to have new costumes for everyone. Look how much traction that thread has gotten compared to other reveals.
For what it's worth, each unlocked returning character so far has a new design

especially Bruce. Kappa

I think they'll stick to the trend, although I'd be surprised if there are a lot of characters left to reveal. T7 is about consolidation

I love this Yoshi redesign. It looks amazing. To the point where i might even go and play him, even though i normally stick to female characters only.

That leak being 100% right so far probably means playable Kazumi next. Really, really hype for that.

Yoshi clearly has his sword removed at the 30 second mark. So that has to be a stance.

I see but it looks like they gave him his old d/f+2 back in his normal stance which is amazing for him. His d/f+2 was super good in Tekken 5. Now if only they'd give him back his low launcher. Seriously, Yoshi from DR to T6 was probably the most unreasonably nerfed character in the history of Tekken.

joeblow

No. I'm really sure she won't return. She were just a "copycat" of Lili anyway. Though I would like her in, as I can imagine most players didn't get to play her.
Eliza plays nothing like Lili.

While I don't expect her to be in T7, I could see her in TxSF.

CSX

0BOQVtQ

Waiting for Markman to set this baby up!!!!

av2k

I love this Yoshi redesign. It looks amazing. To the point where i might even go and play him, even though i normally stick to female characters only.

That leak being 100% right so far probably means playable Kazumi next. Really, really hype for that.

List? Link? -_- I'm so out of the loop

I think it was a bugged out cabinet that showed a character select screen with Yoshi, Kazumi and Jack in it. No pictures I think.

Yeah, wonkey mentioned it on his twitter iirc. Was around the time we got those first images of Jin/Djin/Josie/Gigas. You're not 'out of the loop', it's just vague rumours going around.

No pics or anything, but since the leaks have been entirely correct so far... Kazumi and Jack-7 might be up next.

I really want to see Kazumi. =3 But if we get a surprise and it's someone else i will be well pleased also.

If Bamco doesn't want people leaking or datamining the game to find new characters, why don't they just remove all of the "new" data from the cabinet to prevent that?

If you want to easily be able to hotpatch in new characters, you're going to need a built in framework to support them. Then when your beta version bugs out as beta versions are wont to do, people apparently can get a glimpse of the framework. ^.^ This is probably hard to avoid unless you go the old-fashioned route of shipping a new board to everyone each time. Or so i would guess.

Dereck

If Bamco doesn't want people leaking or datamining the game to find new characters, why don't they just remove all of the "new" data from the cabinet to prevent that?

Unless it's more complicated than that.

Unless it's more complicated than that.

Leaks only needs to happen once. Doesn't mean anything is still there.

Ruehl

Neo Member
If both Nina & Anna are in Tekken 7 then it'll be the best roster to date, at least for me.

👌👍👏

Fraeon

To be honest, I feel like the game has enough characters at this point. I hope they leave it at 30 max and concentrate redoing some of the animations and making the characters more diverse for the potential next version (which we'll inevitably have before getting a console version).

To be honest, I feel like the game has enough characters at this point. I hope they leave it at 30 max and concentrate redoing some of the animations and making the characters more diverse for the potential next version (which we'll inevitably have before getting a console version).
I think the game has enough characters, too.

Too bad I don't want to play any of them. Haha.
No seriously, you're right.

joeblow

To be honest, I feel like the game has enough characters at this point. I hope they leave it at 30 max and concentrate redoing some the animations and making the characters more diverse for the potential next version (which we'll inevitably have before getting a console version).

You are begging for mutiny from Tekken fans if you think they should leave so many staple characters on the cutting room floor.

Play Revolution if you want 1v1 Tekken with a small roster. Except for clones, T7 should have as many characters of note to return as reasonably possible.

CSX

Just got back from Texas Showdown playing Tekken 7 so here are some random impressions from me :D

- Movement. I was one of the first players on the cabinet and picked Devil Jin in pratice mode. (Guess this makes me the first person ever to play DVJ in the Tekken 7 U.S tour :p) Markman noticed me playing and he asked if i noticed any changes with backdashing since his brother plays mishimas and says it's been a bit nerfed for them. I said that i didn't felt any change but as I played with other characters, i realized that A LOT of the characters now feel heavier to move with. Dragunov feels less mobile in particular.

- It's more important now to learn how to do running attacks at close range. Claudio, Dragunov, and I bet a few more use their running attacks as finishers in juggles now and the distance created by Screw Attacks do not provide enough space for you to start a proper running animation.

- So...for the most part....you gonna be playing all the returning characters exactly the same lol. There hasnt been much changes from T6/Tag2 to T7 as seen in previous games. Good lord, i dont even think Dragunov has a new move lol. All you need to do now is readjust your juggles for screw attacks and you are good to go. Some moves do have nicer range now like Jin's b3 so you can try landing as many as you can in one combo .

- Only tried out one new character, Shaheen. He is so good. 41 is the greatest thing since slice bread. Pretty much Drag's 41 but faster and launches on CH. The strategy to win is to bait your opponent with pokes and then BOOM CH 41. If that fails, his hopkick is simply magic :)

- The strongest mishima so far is still Kazuya simply because of damage output. He will always get high damage off any launcher. DVJ however can only really get high damage off EWGF unless you are really really really good at landing consecutive EWGFs on juggles.

If ya have any questions, i'll try to answer. Currently, i wont be returning back tomorrow or SUnday to play more but that might change lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom