• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
HXH was a perfect adaptation of the manga, pacing and all (well, minus the years long wait in between chapters). Won't ever see something that unique run in Shounen Jump ever again
until Togashi gets off his ass. *still mad*

But don't sweat it, none of the other stuff I listed is like that that one at all.

Pachimari

For the new page:

Okay, so I have the following on my Word document list right now (I'm gonna send out invites soon), who did I miss? And which countries are you from guys?

GAF: sasuke_91
PSN: UchihaSasuke_91

GAF: Numb
PSN: imtherealkratos

GAF: SquirrelSoup
PSN: Cephiria

GAF: Doomshine
PSN: Doomshine

GAF: Spuck-uk
PSN: Spuck-uk

I'm gonna connect my PS3 to a monitor with a little inpug lag but at this point, I just need to start playing with Bruce, and so I'll hook it up besides my desktop.

Sayah

HXH was a perfect adaptation of the manga, pacing and all (well, minus the years long wait in between chapters). Won't ever see something that unique run in Shounen Jump ever again
until Togashi gets off his ass. *still mad*

But don't sweat it, none of the other stuff I listed is like that that one at all.

Yep. I will get to the rest of your stuff soon. :)

I am getting back into anime after so long.

Numb

Watched Buffy and even the spin off Angel. Even treid to watch Bones because Angel was in it cos im weird like that. Currently on the last season of Supernatural. This show has lost it's luster 5 seasons ago and i don't know why i am still keeping at it. I am basically the opposite of Sayah when it comes to tolerance. I'll watch anything.

Pachimari

If anyone's gonna watch supernatural or vampire stuff, go watch The Vampire Diaries, or more recently The Originals. ;)

Actually, The Vampire Diaries were the show to really introduce me to TV shows, and now I'm watching TV shows almost every day.

Numb

Done. Would like to have more people to play against, even though it have been years since Tag 2 released. I actually never completed the Combot/Violet practice mode. =/

I would get the Platinum if i finished those trials. I won't do it soley for that reason though. Every plat i got was natural.
Also send me the friend request too.

Ruehl

Neo Member
Anyway, I already tried watching this show and Supernatural as well. They're both episodic so I didn't like them.

Only the first season of Buffy is episodic.

Give it another chance. Season 2 - Season 7 is absolutely AMAZING!

buffight_zps10b345f6.gif

sasuke_91

Sent you a friend request.

Man, i was just on Tekken Rev and ran into a 29th Dan Kazuya. 15000(!) wins. 11 win streak. While i was looking on in awe he beat me the first round, but then i mauled the shit out of him. Wasn't ready for Kuni i guess. And then he ragequit the last round.

In retrospect, might have been a hacker. But why wouldn't he hack his stats then.. ? Weird.

Not necessary. Revo's ranking system is bullshit. Even when you rage quit, both players get a win. And Revo's player level overall is pretty low. Everything seems easier in this game and invincible moves make wall pressure or Hwoarang's strings kind of useless :p

Done. Would like to have more people to play against, even though it have been years since Tag 2 released. I actually never completed the Combot/Violet practice mode. =/

You don't have to. It teaches you the basics of the tag system. Something you can learn by watching a 5 min tutorial.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Okay, so I have the following on my Word document list right now (I'm gonna send out invites soon), who did I miss? And which countries are you from guys?

I'm gonna connect my PS3 to a monitor with a little inpug lag but at this point, I just need to start playing with Bruce, and so I'll hook it up besides my desktop.

I'm in the UK, dat Liverpool to be exact.

Ruehl

Neo Member
If anyone's gonna watch supernatural or vampire stuff, go watch The Vampire Diaries, or more recently The Originals. ;)

Actually, The Vampire Diaries were the show to really introduce me to TV shows, and now I'm watching TV shows almost every day.

I'm only 21 so Buffy was the first tv show I ever followed (premiered when I was only 4 years old and I was obsessed with all things Buffy ever since). This GIF alone makes me want to start the series all over again! Gives me chills.

even-saying-her-name-gives-us-chills_zpsszlyvtuk.gif

I do watch The Vampire Diaries and love it. Buffy was just the best show ever though. I've watched through every season several times!

Buffy-Vampire-Slayer-GIFs_zpshad2qj50.gif

...I'm pretty upset that Nina Dobrev won't be renewing her contract next season on TVD. Ugh... I was so hoping Katerina Petrova would come back but with Nina not returning that will most likely not happen.

tumblr_mqk1afkavW1ravh4qo2_250_zpsa07f6lvx.gif

Pachimari

I'm happy she's leaving. That's hopefully gonna shake up the show, as it have been very stale the past 3 seasons. I also loved Buffy many years ago, unfortunately I don't remember much of it, so I should probably rewatch it.

Ruehl

Neo Member
I'm happy she's leaving. That's hopefully gonna shake up the show, as it have been very stale the past 3 seasons. I also loved Buffy many years ago, unfortunately I don't remember much of it, so I should probably rewatch it.

Elena can leave Mystic Falls if she wants... I just want Katerina to come back and live happily ever after with Stefan.

tumblr_lti15rJEaG1qdi1fko1_500_zps6i18vghm.gif

tumblr_me27c2mEIW1qhct03o4_250_zpsoqum5hx1.gif

tumblr_megsydRePa1rntr42o1_500_zps2qrss4eh.gif

tumblr_llmmqeX8YX1qj6y2ao1_500_zpsqmayyrni.gif

I would've liked to see the series end this way if they hadn't killed her off... Katerina always did get her way.

KatMoon2_zpsj5smc9vh.gif

Although it seems like Caroline & Stefan are endgame now. And maybe Bonnie & Damon?

As for Buffy... Definitely watch it again! 😄

Numb

Good games, Sasuke, Numb. Less of a straight mauling this time \o/

Good games guys. Good Kuni. Took me a couple of matches to not fall for every tech you had especially that first match.
Sasuke with th 360 sidestepping around me. Treating Tekken like boxing. I notice it but forget it quick.

sasuke_91

Good games, Sasuke, Numb. Less of a straight mauling this time o/

Good games SquirrelSoup. Nice Kuni and also Bruce.
I have no idea what Kuni is all about. You got me 4 times with that jab into low launcher before I started blocking it. You also adapt really fast and started to do things different as soon as you noticed it won't work anymore. Very nice!

Good games guys. Good Kuni. Took me a couple of matches to not fall for every tech you had especially that first match.
Sasuke with th 360 sidestepping around me. Treating Tekken like boxing. I notice it but forget it quick.

Use more homing moves bro! :D
You still destroyed most of the time, so I'm glad the sidesteps worked at least^^

Where was the invite? :(

You live pretty far away, but I'll add you anyway.

After almost 2 years, I finally played some T6 again after leaving the lobby. It seems like Master was my highest rank in the game. The netcode is a lot better than I remember.
TTT2 seems a lot smoother though. T6 feels so stiff. The camera angle is nicer though, like Sayah stated earlier. I'll probably play it now and then. I want some 1 on 1 Tekken and Tekken Revo is pretty bad...

Pachimari

Alright, I have sent the following people a friend request:

- sasuke_91
- Numb
- SquirrelSoup
- Spuck-uk
- ZeroTheShadow

Have you all received it?

PS: Boutdown, what is your PSN now? I seem to have lost you from my friendlist. Also, what about all of the old guard? GrayFox, Sayah, Famicom, lupinko, AAK etc.? Can I have your PSN's and what country you're in?

Pachimari

Just played 3 online matches for the first time in a year, but now I really wanna dedicate time to it.

As everybody knows I'm using Bruce in preparation for Josie, and I am really feeling like I am getting closer to the character.

How to be patient, move and which attacks to use and when. I have a feeling there's a very deep and satisfying game underneath here which I have to discover and feel for myself.

I have always known there's a ton of depth and strategy but I have never invested so much time into it - and I have been playing since Tekken 2.

Can't wait to play more tomorrow.

Degen

Just played 3 online matches for the first time in a year, but now I really wanna dedicate time to it.

As everybody knows I'm using Bruce in preparation for Josie, and I am really feeling like I am getting closer to the character.

How to be patient, move and which attacks to use and when. I have a feeling there's a very deep and satisfying game underneath here which I have to discover and feel for myself.

I have always known there's a ton of depth and strategy but I have never invested so much time into it - and I have been playing since Tekken 2.

Can't wait to play more tomorrow.
I didn't start thinking about how to fight other people until T5DR forced me to. But all I learned was what to do in extreme lag.

I had to learn the game from the ground up in T6 because most of what I thought went out the window when online became remotely playable

By TTT2, I dropped my old mains entirely because I realized that I didn't actually like their play styles

Numb

ElzaWalker
USA

Haven't been on much as well due to school. But I can play some.

PS, Someone tell me how to suck less at Dark Souls, lol.

Get lucky like me and get a greatsword at the start from the black knight and one shot the Taurus demon/Zodd on the bridge .
I played super slow with a shield in my face always.
Bloodborne wrecked that playstyle to say the least.

Sayah

Only the first season of Buffy is episodic.

Give it another chance. Season 2 - Season 7 is absolutely AMAZING!

buffight_zps10b345f6.gif

I haven't really been that interested in the whole teenage vampire genre unfortunately. Maybe I'll try at some point.

Watched Buffy and even the spin off Angel. Even treid to watch Bones because Angel was in it cos im weird like that. Currently on the last season of Supernatural. This show has lost it's luster 5 seasons ago and i don't know why i am still keeping at it. I am basically the opposite of Sayah when it comes to tolerance. I'll watch anything.

Yeah, I usually quit if anything in an entertainment medium (movie, TV show, video game) doesn't keep me interested for long. I'm also very picky. :p

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Is anyone going to Texas Showdown? Hope to see you there.

BTW. I've been playing a lot of Josie (since yesterday) and she plays very unlike how I thought she would be. She has a lot of move similarities with Bruce, yes... but her flow and options for pokes/post combos / wall carry are MUCH different.

She's fun though... and that's the most important thing for me.

lupinko

Can anyone recommend me a straightforward character to learn, so basically someone that doesn't have a high learning curve that I can practice at home and use as a secondary or third in Tekken 7?

I'm trying to practise Lars and Paul right now in Revo and I don't like either, Paul has too much Tekken 2 jank left, ugh. Mishimas are too much work. I only have the default and Lee right now in Revo. I also have DR but that's too old, I haven't found a used copy of TTT2 locally yet, and the psn version is too big to install at 18gb as opposed to the disc install of 8gb.

Also not interested in playing the high school duo either.

joeblow

Leo is both strong and straight forward. Asuka has some tricky gimmicks that can be fun to mess around with, but she's not a complicated character.

Sayah

Lili, Alisa, Feng are all easy to learn. I would recommend those three in Revolution. Unless by high school duo, you're referring to either Alisa or Lili.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Can anyone recommend me a straightforward character to learn, so basically someone that doesn't have a high learning curve that I can practice at home and use as a secondary or third in Tekken 7?

I'm trying to practise Lars and Paul right now in Revo and I don't like either, Paul has too much Tekken 2 jank left, ugh. Mishimas are too much work. I only have the default and Lee right now in Revo. I also have DR but that's too old, I haven't found a used copy of TTT2 locally yet, and the psn version is too big to install at 18gb as opposed to the disc install of 8gb.

Also not interested in playing the high school duo either.

Shaheen is extremely easy to learn, as is Claudio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom