• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

When playing DR after Revo yesterday I noticed they overhauled sorta Asuka's costume.

She somehow became CM Punk, or maybe Phil Brooks took from Tekken.

Similar boots and star placements on costume. Lol

Really? The star placement looks the same to me, The only difference is the color scheme:

212856-asukakazama.jpg

latest

But I suppose my definition of overhaul might be different from yours :p This to THIS is what I call an overhaul!

lupinko

Really? The star placement looks the same to me, The only difference is the color scheme:

212856-asukakazama.jpg

latest

But I suppose my definition of overhaul might be different from yours :p This to THIS is what I call an overhaul!

Nah my bad, she always had the stars, I thought she didn't in DR. This is what happens when I have no sleep.

But still, both her and CM Punk have similar fight attire.

sasuke_91

It seems like some people just don't like Sasuke... or anime in general...
Receiving hate mails is pretty funny. The only reason I write a message myself is when someone rage quits. So there's this guy who plays a Warrior Feng/Drag team, and he's terrible with them. I beat him with Xiaoyu alone in the first round and gave him a Perfect in the second. In the third round, he rage quits. I write a message saying that what he did was pretty pathetic, nothing more...
He replies by saying that the only pathetic thing was my name and that weaboos and Xiaoyu players do not deserve to finish a match. He then tells me that that's the most embarassing thing he's seen Online and he wouldn't be surprised if I watched My Little Pony, too. I should go shave my neckbeard, take a shower (because judging by my name it must have been a while) and asked if I also had a fedora.
I love Tekken Online :)

Sayah

It seems like some people just don't like Sasuke... or anime in general...
Receiving hate mails is pretty funny. The only reason I write a message myself is when someone rage quits. So there's this guy who plays a Warrior Feng/Drag team, and he's terrible with them. I beat him with Xiaoyu alone in the first round and gave him a Perfect in the second. In the third round, he rage quits. I write a message saying that what he did was pretty pathetic, nothing more...
He replies by saying that the only pathetic thing was my name and that weaboos and Xiaoyu players do not deserve to finish a match. He then tells me that that's the most embarassing thing he's seen Online and he wouldn't be surprised if I watched My Little Pony, too. I should go shave my neckbeard, take a shower (because judging by my name it must have been a while) and asked if I also had a fedora.
I love Tekken Online :)

lolololololololol
Rage quitting and then trying to justify the rage quitting.

If possible, can you take a picture and post the actual message here?

sasuke_91

lolololololololol
Rage quitting and then trying to justify the rage quitting.

If possible, can you take a picture and post the actual message here?

Can't take pictures from the PS3 right now, so here's some screenshots from the PSN app. Only his replies are displayed though.

Numb

Never bother someone scummy enough to rage quit with messages. They will just troll with replies.
My fav is when someone rage quits and then proceeds to send insults in languages i don't undertand in caps.

sasuke_91

Never bother someone scummy enough to rage quit with messages. They will just troll with replies.
My fav is when someone rage quits and then proceeds to send insults in languages i don't undertand in caps.
Replying to hate mails is pretty fun though^^

Anyone else who has some funny messages to share?

Numb

Replying to hate mails is pretty fun though^^

Anyone else who has some funny messages to share?
I usually just tell people to calm down if they send me too many hatemails and then block them

Not funny but i fought a guy a while back who sent me some hardcore messages after every match we played. The worst thing was that it was clutch each time.
No idea where people find the time and energy to be mad at someone they fought online once or twice.

sasuke_91

I must be alone when it comes to that, I don't even bother responding and move on.

I always want to see how people react to my replies. Some people can be bothersome sometimes though^^
Freaon's messages are hilarious :D

I'll be on another tournament in two and a half weeks. It's a bigger tournament this time. I wonder how us Tekken plebs will be treated there :p

mr_boo

I usually just tell people to calm down if they send me too many hatemails and then block them

Not funny but i fought a guy a while back who sent me some hardcore messages after every match we played. The worst thing was that it was clutch each time.
No idea where people find the time and energy to be mad at someone they fought online once or twice.
For the PS3, I know that if the auto-fill/auto-complete configuration was enabled, you can pretty much craft hate messages pretty easily, since all the hate words (and strings) appear in the cache...I just always assumed that was it since no way in heck anyone can be that fast with a virtual keyboard.

I have been winning an absurd amount of games with "Two Move Bruce" Online lately. Seriously, just Bruce, 2 moves and people lose, sometimes very badly.

AAK

OMG I watched some of the highlights of JDCR trying to learn MKX. I was laughing my head off haha.

JDCR: "WTF, who said this game is easy!? How did I learn Tekken!? F***, I must have wasted so much time learning Tekken."

That was too funny. His travels to US though definitely gave him a real potty mouth haha.

Pachimari

I just really don't feel comfortable with Bruce, so I don't know if I should do Josie, when I feel that Law is just my style.

Maybe more practice with Bruce will do it for me.

PS: To those interested. Yoshimitsu's suit were created in Dr Bosconovitch's laboratory. Officially designed by freelance artist Kenichirou Yoshimura.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I just really don't feel comfortable with Bruce, so I don't know if I should do Josie, when I feel that Law is just my style.

Maybe more practice with Bruce will do it for me.

PS: To those interested. Yoshimitsu's suit were created in Dr Bosconovitch's laboratory. Officially designed by freelance artist Kenichirou Yoshimura.

Where'd you hear that?

sasuke_91

For the PS3, I know that if the auto-fill/auto-complete configuration was enabled, you can pretty much craft hate messages pretty easily, since all the hate words (and strings) appear in the cache...I just always assumed that was it since no way in heck anyone can be that fast with a virtual keyboard.

You can plug in a USB keyboard, too.

lmao @ these messages.

Ahahaha. That is a lot of salt. Good job.

I might have been a little mean at some point^^

Secret character teased

tekken7_dot.jpg

Could be Kazumi. And still nothing about that girl at the top right of the sticker sheet.

Numb

That looks alot like Kazumi. Hope it ain't and we get someone new. Kazumi is more or less confirmed at this point.

Fraeon

We started running a biweekly online tournament with some of the best Finnish players around.

It'll start in about an hour and a half (19 UTC+2) at http://twitch.tv/biiruken and the commentary is in English. We're practicing with this and tryimg to get our local scene activated. This'll be our third.

Cheers.

AAK

We started running a biweekly online tournament with some of the best Finnish players around.

It'll start in about an hour and a half (19 UTC+2) at http://twitch.tv/biiruken and the commentary is in English. We're practicing with this and tryimg to get our local scene activated. This'll be our third.

Cheers.

Cool, I'll try to watch during work downtime. Did you guys hear from Killerdoll at all if he's still interested in Tekken? That guy was pretty impressive to start playing in Tekken 6 and reach a level in the game where he could prevail against JDCR in an AKing mirror money match. And it's strange considering how both of his characters AKing and Marduk got massive improvements in TTT2 lol.

Fraeon

Cool, I'll try to watch during work downtime. Did you guys hear from Killerdoll at all if he's still interested in Tekken? That guy was pretty impressive to start playing in Tekken 6 and reach a level in the game where he could prevail against JDCR in an AKing mirror money match. And it's strange considering how both of his characters AKing and Marduk got massive improvements in TTT2 lol.

Killerdoll hasn't been coming to offline tournaments for a while and he never played online pretty much the entirety of TTT2. Would be nice to get him and Tofma to our tournament but they refuse online TTT2.

GGs to AAk and that other guy.

AAK Two Move Bruce rolled Up your secondary team and then I switch to my main and I lose LOL!

Two Move Bruce is Legit. Can't wait to Pioneer Two Move Claudio.

Manbig

You'd be surprised how fraudulent I am. I win because of my characters.

You put yourself down too much. Believe me, I can tell. While you do get a lot of mileage out of your characters, you still have great reactions and good instincts. Those are two key things to being exceptional at this series in my opinion.

Yay character limits. Might as well chuck it here then.

I recently got sent this from a friend. Kinda interesting If you're interested in the current thoughts of Tekken 7 in Korea from Help Me.

My friend talked with Helpme and he said that :

Moi : How is Tekken 7? Better than you thoughts?
Help_Me !! : Movement is improve. But Sidestep is weak
Moi : Like Tekken 6?

Help_Me !! : More. And side Step has delayed when we First moving. I think like 3~4frame.

It doesn't work to guard like When devil use b f 212, Left side Step guard. No working always hit

Moi : Green Arcade have only Tekken 7 cabinets? or are there still some players playing TTT2?

Help_Me !! : Green still play ttt2. T7 too expensive, more than Japan
Moi : i reallly don't know if i will play this game

Help_Me !! : I think you don't like this game.
Moi : oh, you think so?
Help_Me !! : Because we don't like this game. Haha

Moi : Really ? Why?
Help_Me !! : Jdcr was demoted 13dan, vs someone Random player. He crash cabinet.
Moi : hahaha he should be very angry

Help_Me !! : One of best move of Jdcr doesn't work. Sidestep guard. Haha. Ah I go to bed.

And here's a tweet from Harada related to the sidestep change:

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/594812930987692032

Guy: "please change sidestepping back like it used to be" [in Tekken 7]

Harada: "I would be glad too if that meant that more players will play [Tekken 7], the player community in different countries accept/agree with the change and the amount the game will sell will do better. From now, since the development cost of further continued sequels in the series isn't guaranteed - If it were to be guaranteed with the sidestep change then I'd be able to put it back.

This is a difficult thing to consider and It's not just a simple thing to respond."

The other tweets under it are just him going over that they're always willing to make any changes to the game system and characters if they get requests about it but there's more things to consider then just freely changing things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom