• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Dereck

Here's how I think this is gonna go though.

Some of you are gonna watch the Nintendo event, not because you care about Nintendo in particular but because you're waiting for a Tekken announcement. Nintendo is gonna show a Nintendo game, and you're gonna think, OK, after this announcement, they'll announce Tekken something.

Then they make another Nintendo related announcement.

..OK, after this one.

You'll be doing that for the entire stream, and then it will end.

av2k

I'm legit excited about the Nintendo switch, Sony and Microsoft is moving towards PC-esque gaming while Nintendo is doing their own thing. This machine looks like a freaking blast in social settings. I'm a believer.

https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

edit: nvm, 300$ is too steep.

Rajang

C2BopHRVEAAkxhN.jpg:large

AllenShrz

I totally want to see that T7 switch port, is going to be a train wreak! T7 running on a portable wiiu, hahah, good luck with that!

I told you guys like 20 times. Release date reveal is during The EVO Line Up. I've been telling you for over a month. You guys should really have more faith in what I say.

sasuke_91

I told you guys like 20 times. Release date reveal is during The EVO Line Up. I've been telling you for over a month. You guys should really have more faith in what I say.
Hope dies last! But yeah, shouldn't have hoped to begin with. A Switch port would be cool anyway.

And damn, 300$ is way too high in my opinion. Plus paid Online. At 300€, you can get a 1TB PS4 Slim with Bloodborne GotY Edition, Uncharted 4 and No Man's Sky at GameStop.
Do we know the price for Online yet?

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
To think that Nintendo abandoned the Wii U early, leaving like a year and a half of practically nothing. I'm sure they've got stuff in the pipeline, but that was eerily similar to how the Wii U blowout went down. Including and announcement trailer that a new Shin Megami Tensei game has 'started' development. At least it looks like old SMT instead of the bait and switch for that Fire Emblem Idol RPG. New mini game collection that could have been a new Wario Ware title. Ugh. It was the kind of conference that made me smile due to seeing Mario and Splatoon and such, but after you think of so many holes left to be filed. UI? Virtual Console? Online? $400+ just for the base console in my country means I'll have to consider it after a (hopeful but doubtful) price drop at the tail end of its life. I still have an OG 3DS that only has, like, 4 games for it that I have to justify.

Harada retweeted about the Switch so I was super surprised that Tekken 7 wasn't there. Would have made their launch line up (which they didn't show, again) more appealing. Tekken 7 FR on the go would have made some people consider it.

Dreamhack Leipzig this weekend, Taipei game show next week, PAX South the week after that..

But i'm starting to think they'll just announce it on their own whenever.

GrayFoxPL

I didn't watch it at night but reading the news right now... Wow. There's nothing interesting on the Switch.

Is that Udon SF2 HD Remix "Remix" for real or is that a joke I didn't catch?

GrayFoxPL

It's real. Capcom wants $40 for it too.

Someone is not right in the head.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was wrong. KOF98 and World Heroes Perfect are coming to Switch.

So there's something. Right? Right?! o_O

Sayad

Everyday I click on Gaf's community side and wonder for like half a second about why there's an active Tekken 3 OT! Falling for the same mixup every time, forever a poor fighting game player. ;__;

GrayFoxPL

Everyday I click on Gaf's community side and wonder for like half a second about why there's an active Tekken 3 OT! Falling for the same mixup every time, forever a poor fighting game player. ;__;

We do just love Tekken 3 that much

Regarding Tekken 3, you guys know what kind of bonus I'd love in T7?

If they made Prototype Jin from concept art playable.

ZhZLie3.jpg

TQM10Jb.jpg

Look at that smug face and shit eating grin, even more at the little avatar smoking a cig. Should I mention gang style tatoo? Cocky Muthafucka. I want to play this Jin.

That's a far cry from troubled emo we got.

In term of moveset he could have original Tekken 3 moveset ++. Devil Jin strayed way to far from Original Jin with flying shit and the like.

So "Bastard Jin" could have Parting Wave b+1,df and all strange move properties not excluding the insane "Windgodfist on ch cause opponent to fly to the other side of the planet!" from T3 XD.

Adding ~12 new moves that would fit the term: "Asshole Karate" would've looked great and fit the character.

Of course the Jin voice actor could've record new lines to show off totally new character and attitude of Jin.

Shame the only thing left from the old concept is this cg render where Jin seems little cocky.

gAloQRL.png

BASTARD JIN FOR T7.

Horseress

Hyping shit for nothing is trolling. Spamming "It's good to be a Tekken fan." even at worst times like a sarcastic slap in the face is a fucking trolling.

I don't think MarkMan does it to troll us, he doesn't control what Namco does or doesn't, he does what he can and I respect him a lot, but I have to agree this is frustrating as hell. The thing that most bothers me is that Mark and the namcops treat all this as if it wasn't an issue, like their game being out in the arcades for two years and in "early 2017" still not giving the fans a date to play it on consoles was normal.

How am I trolling you? I have never trolled this thread lol.
Oh, just like when you called fans the b word on stream? Comfort the angry fans. Because if you guys push it too far and it actually goes quiet, then you will be making funeral arrangements for Tekken.

GrayFoxPL

I don't think MarkMan does it to troll us, he doesn't control what Namco does or doesn't, he does what he can and I respect him a lot, but I have to agree this is frustrating as hell. The thing that most bothers me is that Mark and the namcops treat all this as if it wasn't an issue, like their game being out in the arcades for two years and in "early 2017" still not giving the fans a date to play it on consoles was normal.

He doesn't control Namco. It's the other way around.

You think there's single fuck given for our frustration, the time lost waiting, watching and excruciating "licking the glass" for years every time he comes here shoots his phrase he has on "copy&paste" thingy? Not a single fuck.

There's gonna be a good time to be a Tekken fan when every Tekken fan will be able to sit down and play the actual game. Was it really a good time for us every time MM claimed so? It didn't feel like it. Or did he meant himself? That would look correct.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Oh, just like when you called fans the b word on stream? Comfort the angry fans. Because if you guys push it too far and it actually goes quiet, then you will be making funeral arrangements for Tekken.

It wasn't directed at all fans, just the bitches. I'm not making any funeral arrangements. I'm a Tekken fan, not a namcop.

eh5PTXl.gif

Hyping shit for nothing is trolling. Spamming "It's good to be a Tekken fan." even at worst times like a sarcastic slap in the face is a fucking trolling.

You are reaching here. I'm not trolling and I'm here to try to be helpful and answer questions.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
honest question: why is it taking them so damn long to announce the release date

It's a painful reality and actually a lot of different things. Retailer commitments. Marketing planning. Getting sign-offs from different entities involved in the game's release. Actual development for release/launch contents. A lot of factors that most don't see (or care to see). The game development world is brutal, especially when you're dealing with a game that comes out on multiple platforms. Dealing with that balance alone is maddening. Regardless, as Harada-san mentioned. There will be an announcement this month (January) that includes the release date. I know for a fact, the team is working very hard to complete the title and have a strong game experience for hardcore fans (competitive) & for the player experience.

So by you correcting ZTS about the EVO line up stream, we shouldn't be expecting any T7 news other than it being at EVO this year?

My response to ZTS was just correcting his information. That's all. The EVO announcement show will have it's own content, which is yet to be announced.

Top Bottom