• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Spuck-uk

Banned
What do you guys think is the minimum time frame between the announcement of a release date until release for stuff like promoting the game and basically reminding the casual crowd that this game exists?

Apple have the biggest product launches in history and have done them on 0 days.

Nuszka

I am trying to stay away from anything tekken related as this wait is slowly getting to me. Been playing through my backlog, finished R&C, new Tomb Raider, now on Dishonored 2, tried to keep myself busy with overwatch and battlefield 1. Still i keep on lurking here and on discord. But this wait man, all these hopes with the reveal dates... I live in Northern Ireland and i was actually thinking about traveling to some countries in EU that had the game during some tournaments, but work and life are not really allowing me to do it.
From today i will be more active, another week and we will be nearing end of the month. So we should know more by then, hopefully ...

Pachimari

The wait haven't been that hard for me, but to be fair, that's probably because I got to play vanilla Tekken 7 in the arcade, and the PS4 version of Fated Retribution at Comic Com last year. But still, I didn't play it very much. I just spend my time on other games, on photography, on comics, tv shows, movies and such. That said, I would love for Tekken 7 to come out soon, I need to beat y'all asses with my Josie.

Nuszka

Is Harada okay? Whats going on with his twitter?

Maybe he saw the new Injustice 2 trailer and realized that because of all the delays of T7 made his game outdated in comparison, lol.
But on a serious note i have a funny feeling we will play i2 before T7. Hope I'm wrong.

ZeroX03

Banned
Maybe he saw the new Injustice 2 trailer and realized that because of all the delays of T7 made his game outdated in comparison, lol.
But on a serious note i have a funny feeling we will play i2 before T7. Hope I'm wrong.

Tekken 7 is far better than Injustice 2, graphical and gameplay wise.

Nuszka

Tekken 7 is far better than Injustice 2, graphical and gameplay wise.

Gameplay wise I totally agree , I actually don't like injustice in that respect, but graphically... if you include art direction is debatable. I love tekken's art style but I think by the time it releases, quality wise it might be a tad outdated.

ZeroX03

Banned
Gameplay wise I totally agree , I actually don't like injustice in that respect, but graphically... if you include art direction is debatable. I love tekken's art style but I think by the time it releases, quality wise it might be a tad outdated.

You need to play FR in person just to see how beautiful it is. It also looks incredible running on PC hardware. It's no competition.

GrayFoxPL

eIpxJZw.jpg

Ghaahahhaha! Brilliant!

5Od232o.gif

GrayFoxPL

Me too and I was just revived after my previous death at the hands of grayfox. Is that grayfox?

Sadly no. I like Kuma, lol.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys! Guys! I have acquired secret footage from Namco Bandai offices where heated debate regarding release date of Tekken 7 is taking place among top executives.

Here's the footage:

b4MH2n3.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
End of May-June sounds about right. Do you think Bandai Namco will want to release in the same time frame as Injustice 2?

March sounds far too early imo. Guess we will find out next week.

Rajang

End of May-June sounds about right. Do you think Bandai Namco will want to release in the same time frame as Injustice 2?

Dont think Bamco wants to release T7 anywhere near Injustice 2, especially in NA.

I still believe in March.

sasuke_91

Since Lord Markman loves to come here debunk rumors, here's another one, from a Gamestop database

C2Xni8sUAAA73AW.jpg

28th of May is a Sunday. You really think they will release the game on a Sunday?

March is Early 2017 and they will release the game in Early 2017 (I hope...).

ZeroX03

Banned
Why?

I do like going to the arcades from time to time but with the constant smoke, heavy noise and of course - the money spent-, having FR on my PC and pro is a welcomed change.

Competition. Honestly, if we had FR here in Australia I wouldn't mind the wait at all, but we're still stuck with 7.0

Dont think Bamco wants to release T7 anywhere near Injustice 2, especially in NA.

I still believe in March.

Maybe this explains the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" tweet because he saw Injustice's release date (assuming that wasn't revealed yet).

Pachimari

Yeah. The release date is finalized, it's not something they can just change on a whim, just because Warner announced the May release for Injustice 2.

GrayFoxPL

Since I can't play Tag2 I go back to older Tekkens.

Tag 1 Jun rules.

Such well designed character. Great outfits, presence, many fun moves added to her in Tag. Her Tag1 moveset reminded me how tiny number of original moves Asuka had in her T5 debut. Jun is beautiful character in this game. Soul, not sex.
R09AeOZ.jpg

7V1ngKV.gif

Tag1 even in the weak HD version is still such a fun game. Combination of fast, dynamic gameplay, sound and charismatic character voices(the old ones that are no more), awesome music, insanely detailed background, deeply colorful graphics that hold up even today - that whole package can't be beat.

Playing bare bone Tekken characters also is great, because rather then body check opponent with 47 abusive strings, you gotta go back to basic and strongly focus on stuff like whiff punishing, movement and singular moves. I like this kind of training. Speaking of movement - this sidestep, oh this beautiful sidestep. It feels like morphine shot straight into veins.
N8qtYvf.gif

Probably the best in the whole series. It feels so good that every other Tekken feels wrong. I dread the moment I experience the T7 sidestep.

https://twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/821779205725835272

Is this from CG footage we haven't seen before?

That Kaz looks nice, just why he looks 25 again? Lol.

sasuke_91

https://twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/821779205725835272

Is this from CG footage we haven't seen before?

If they release the game on the 18th of March it'll be 2 years exactly, so I'll go with that.
They won't release the game any day sooner anyway :p

Since I can't play Tag2 I go back to older Tekkens.

Tag 1 Jun rules.

Such well designed character. Great outfits, presence, many fun moves added to her in Tag. Her Tag1 moveset reminded me how tiny number of original moves Asuka had in her T5 debut. Jun is beautiful character in this game. Soul, not sex.

Tag1 even in the weak HD version is still such a fun game. Combination of fast, dynamic gameplay, sound and charismatic character voices(the old ones that are no more), awesome music, insanely detailed background, deeply colorful graphics that hold up even today - that whole package can't be beat.

Playing bare bone Tekken characters also is great, because rather then body check opponent with 47 abusive strings, you gotta go back to basic and strongly focus on stuff like whiff punishing, movement and singular moves. I like this kind of training. Speaking of movement - this sidestep, oh this beautiful sidestep. It feels like morphine shot straight into veins.

Probably the best in the whole series. It feels so good that every other Tekken feels wrong. I dread the moment I experience the T7 sidestep.

Never played Tekken Tag 1. Can you believe that? I played every Tekken since Tekken 2 to some extent, but I have never even touched Tag 1. Doesn't help that the remaster is supposed to pretty bad either.

And I haven't touched Tag 2 since I got Final Fantasy XV more than a month ago except for a few times. I'll get bodied so hard when T7 gets released.

Cool GIF, and blimey a release date for a release date lol. It's better then silence though I guess.

They learn all the wrong things from Square Enix.

GrayFoxPL

Never played Tekken Tag 1. Can you believe that? I played every Tekken since Tekken 2 to some extent, but I have never even touched Tag 1. Doesn't help that the remaster is supposed to pretty bad either.

Play it, even the hd version. It should be dirt cheap. Best option is crt on ps2 but nobody has that now. HD version is not tragic, it has some frame skip when you go for tag combo on stages like the island with palm trees and Yoshis stage I think. Other then that for casual play it's fun and looks beautiful. Maybe they just couldn't optimize tag1 to run perfectly on PS3 because it was so advanced that the porting team had no fucking idea how this could possibly run on PS2, haha.

Edit: Besides it's the first time PAL player could play Tag1 in 60 Hz. Those dreadful 50fps days...

Sure, Tekken 3 is the one i never played.

I bet T1 is untouched by a lot of folks too.

sasuke_91

Play it, even the hd version. It should be dirt cheap. Best option is crt on ps2 but nobody has that now. HD version is not tragic, it has some frame skip when you go for tag combo on stages like the island with palm trees and Yoshis stage I think. Other then that for casual play it's fun and looks beautiful. Maybe they just couldn't optimize tag1 to run perfectly on PS3 because it was so advanced that the porting team had no fucking idea how this could possibly run on PS2, haha.

Edit: Besides it's the first time PAL player could play Tag1 in 60 Hz. Those dreadful 50fps days...

I remember playing T4 in 60Hz for the first time when we got a new TV that supported NTSC. "What the hell? It's so fast!". Felt like a whole new game. T5 looked weird when you switched on 60Hz mode for some reason.

Tag 1 looks really cool. Like enhanced Tekken 3. I love the look of Tag 1, T4 and T5 all for different reasons.
Might have to get that Tekken Hybrid Disc somewhere. I never finished watching the movie either. Stopped in the middle and had no desire to get back to it.

Sure, Tekken 3 is the one i never played.

I bet T1 is untouched by a lot of folks too.

I played T1 on T5 sometimes. It was a little weird to play.
Putting the arcade versions for T1-T3 on the T5 disc was such a brillant idea by the way.

Played T1 even recently.

I may be crazy but I think Wind God Fist animation is 10 frames in this game instead of 11. It just feels faster. Crazy game, haha.

I would never notice, so you might be crazy just for that already :p

can't play TTT2 either, so off and on I've been playing T2 and T1 on my PS TV (and T6 randomly for PSP, which plays better than it has any right to).

On that note, why has Namco never released T3 on PSN? I can only guess legal reasons, but I bet it'd sell great due to the amount of nostalgia and well reception attached to it.

sasuke_91

can't play TTT2 either, so off and on I've been playing T2 and T1 on my PS TV (and T6 randomly for PSP, which plays better than it has any right to).

On that note, why has Namco never released T3 on PSN? I can only guess legal reasons, but I bet it'd sell great due to the amount of nostalgia and well reception attached to it.

The reason is called Gon.

GrayFoxPL

I remember playing T4 in 60Hz for the first time when we got a new TV that supported NTSC. "What the hell? It's so fast!". Felt like a whole new game. T5 looked weird when you switched on 60Hz mode for some reason.

Tag 1 looks really cool. Like enhanced Tekken 3. I love the look of Tag 1, T4 and T5 all for different reasons.
Might have to get that Tekken Hybrid Disc somewhere. I never finished watching the movie either. Stopped in the middle and had no desire to get back to it.

I played T1 on T5 sometimes. It was a little weird to play.
Putting the arcade versions for T1-T3 on the T5 disc was such a brillant idea by the way.

I would never notice, so you might be crazy just for that already :p

Haha!

And yeah the look of Tag1, T4, and T5 is top notch in aesthetics. Every one of these very pleasant to look at in it's own style. Tag1 has also the best looking backgrounds, my favorites at least. When you'll first play Hwoarang on huge outdoor temple stage, lightning tearing the sky, crazy details right to a single stone filling the ground, you'll scratch your head: "Where is that detail now?"

I forgot one thing Sasuke. You gotta play Tekken Bowl! Times when Tekken had fun minigames!

The reason is called Gon.

qKevC.gif

Haha!

And yeah the look of Tag1, T4, and T5 is top notch in ascetics. Every one of these very pleasant to look at in it's own style. Tag1 has also the best looking backgrounds, my favorites at least. When you'll first play Hwoarang on huge outdoor temple stage, lightning tearing the sky, crazy details right to a single stone filling the ground, you'll scratch your head: "Where is that detail now?"

I forgot one thing Sasuke. You gotta play Tekken Bowl! Times when Tekken had fun minigames!

Man, T4 was spot on in terms of aesthetics. It was the most unique in terms of tone and style that set it apart from all other fighters, I just wish they kept going with that feel. T5 set the modern day standard, which isn't bad, but feels more all over the place than what T4 was doing.

GrayFoxPL

Man, T4 was spot on in terms of aesthetics. It was the most unique in terms of tone and style that set it apart from all other fighters, I just wish they kept going with that feel. T5 set the modern day standard, which isn't bad, but feels more all over the place than what T4 was doing.

Yeah, in T5 they started to throw in random backgrounds. Incoherent stuff. Like who's pirate ship stage was supposed to be? Cervantes? Still I liked it a lot. Bright, colorful, fantastic music. And the artstyle of characters was the most "hit" out of all games. The more polygons later the worse faces, sometimes even the structure and body proportions were off.

Top Bottom