• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

GrayFoxPL

I've never escaped the green ranks though. <.<

Same, it doesn't matter now though. You could be playing grand master that is veteran on his fifth account. Or someone who went into orange ranks in first few months of the game without truly hardass competition like there is now and left it there.

You would if you put the effort into it. It'll probably be easier in the first year of T7 anyway. There's also a wider range of ranks now..

Yeah, fast rankup on our region won't mean shit unless you can hold it when people gain experience. In asian regions it's another story, high rankers from arcades will be on a killing spree.

============================================================================================================================

I replaced the PS3 hard drive, went to play Tag2... I'm playing, playing and everything's fine. Starting to get optimistic, still cautious. Keep playing, everything's cool, getting happy. I'm starting to write post in my head that I fixed it!

And then the fucking thing dies. Felt like a truck hit me. Tried again, died on first fight. Automatically started feeling depressed and miserable, whole day went to shit.

RCpcaOU.gif

GrayFoxPL

RIP Grays ps3
full

3efruab.gif

My PS3 about now is turning 10 years old. It didn't die. It plays other games like a champ, all other fighting games, stuff like VF5FS included. It's just that someone at Namco programing Tag2 didn't leave that 1% of power safety net and it will eventually murder the processors.

I'm reinstalling T6 tomorrow and see if this game actually has that limit that lets the ps3 as old as mine, live.

Numb

I really like that 90s-style Hip Hop but I didn't know about Rakim. Had to google him first, but it sounds really cool.
When I B On Tha Mic and Guess Who's Back are nice.

I'll be up for some Tekken on Sunday. I hope so at least.

The older 80s stuff is fantastic too!
Paid in Full and Follow the leader albums. Tons of great shit in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7t8eoA_1jQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TN-kDEKxF0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPfIIn5V_LQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95gP3m-uBHA

Numb

Too much personality
Let his gig be him savign that chicken that one from being ran over by a car
What a perfect thing to choose as an ending kappa

GrayFoxPL

Too much personality
Let his gig be him savign that chicken that one from being ran over by a car
What a perfect thing to choose as an ending kappa

Hey, Black people have feelings too. It's not all "Cap dat ass!" and "You punk ass bitches ain't shit!"

08bt9lF.gif

Numb

Hey, Black people have feelings too. It's not all "Cap dat ass!" and "You punk ass bitches ain't shit!"

08bt9lF.gif
Don't let Namco hear you unless you want Eddy coming back as a white british posh 18yr old student

That chicken is part of the canon lore

sasuke_91

Those are great as well. I love how the lyrics are actually really tame but it sounds like gangster rap :p
Oh, and the clothes! 80s style is amazing xD

You guys make miss Bruce now.

Mistress Raven is so Anime Black. Bruce was Black Black.

She's better than anime blacks -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtzlKJ1dObU

GrayFoxPL

Nuszka

You guys be fighting on Sunday? Come on guys. I'll try to cover my PS3 with ice.

Should be there on sunday evening, been extremely busy with house renovation stuff, can't see the end of it, have almost no time for gaming, but hopefully i will be finished early May. Btw pretty hyped for new tk comics books.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Reaffirms how much I haven't missed seeing those costumes everywhere.

Yoshimitsu gets a pass though. :D

Also, I can spot bits of Steve, Marduk, Feng Wei, and maybe Dragunov in that pileup. Kind of fun to look for them. Oh, I see one of Lee's gloves too. Ah, and one of Christie's legs. Bruce seems to have a misplaced hand down there next to Hwoarang. And there's one of Roger Jr.'s gloves (thought it was Steve at first, but his are yellow).

Why is Raven/Master Raven so broken? Some of the moves in the video were +3, but her jab still goes through...

It's a Bryan issue rather than a Master Raven one if i understand it right. His jab has a really poor hitbox to his left, so anything that shifts hurtboxes even a little makes things work differently than the frame data would imply as the jab doesn't hit on the first frame. And Bryan's b1 tends to move people to the side a bit. Half of Raven's moves do too, seems like her jab shifts her hurtbox slightly to her right or something.

But it happens with Lars as well, he can do 1 df1 and sometimes beat your jab. He's +1 and yet his 13 framer beats your 10. ¯\(O_°)/¯

Edit: I'm not sure i'd advocate to buff Bryan's jab though. That character is already so powerful.

Edit 2: You can just straight up see his jab whiff, and even see him retract his arm again before Raven's jab hits if you watch that video at 1/4 speed.

TVTXHqL.png

So it's not a framedata issue, just a weird and possibly unintentional hitbox interaction.

sasuke_91

It's a Bryan issue rather than a Master Raven one if i understand it right. His jab has a really poor hitbox to his left, so anything that shifts hurtboxes even a little makes things work differently than the frame data would imply as the jab doesn't hit on the first frame. And Bryan's b1 tends to move people to the side a bit. Half of Raven's moves do too, seems like her jab shifts her hurtbox slightly to her right or something.

But it happens with Lars as well, he can do 1 df1 and sometimes beat your jab. He's +1 and yet his 13 framer beats your 10. ¯(O_°)/¯

Edit: I'm not sure i'd advocate to buff Bryan's jab though. That character is already so powerful.

Edit 2: You can just straight up see his jab whiff, and even see him retract his arm again before Raven's jab hits if you watch that video at 1/4 speed.

TVTXHqL.png

So it's not a framedata issue, just a weird and possibly unintentional hitbox interaction.

Thanks for the clarification.

GrayFoxPL

51KvENK.jpg

New character Niner?

K1f7o50.jpg

They fucked up Jin's/DJ teeth, don't they resource anything? 3 middle teeth and dracula fangs? Who drew this?

qKkVo3r.png

3aRNNvF.jpg

This is the largest they got - T5 ending final transformation:
PnMNN9L.png

Watching some of this tournament. Sweet lord is this not a new PS4 build? I hope not because the loading is still 30 seomrhing seconds.

Top Bottom