• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Gambit61

Good games guys! Very fun session. It worked surprisingly well with Gambit61 in our lobby.

@Numb: Playing solo is a big disadvantage for you. Playing solo Mokujin is a little overkill.
@Gambit61: Dude, your King is really good. You gave me a hard time. Your Leo is also very solid, which reminds me that I haven't even played her today. She's a great partner for Xiaoyu, but I always forget her when I play solo.
@GrayFoxPL: Too bad your PS3 is so suicidal. It didn't die on you when you were playing though, did it? After you got some warm-up you played really solid.
@SquirrelSoup: Your throw game has evolved. It threw me off quite a bit at times. Your Raven still gives me a hard time. I always get hit by those ff+2s!

Thanks! Your Hwoarang was scary once you got into the groove with his stance switching up close. Ate so many kicks to the face when I punished with the wrong move or tried to sidestep. 😂

It was way better then expected. Ggs dude, your King is boss.You would've own if not for the lag but your combos and CH launches in these conditions were impressive as hell.

Thanks guys

Ggs! I turned the fan 3 cm to the left and it lived that much longer, I'm serious here. It's just a big mess. Btw I had like 5 bars with Numb and 2-3 with you, what's up with that.

That win streak you had was crazy. It was like the PS3 put you into SNK arcade boss mode. Liked your Steve. Every time I thought I was just in poke range, I ate a 10 Count.

Tuned in to the stream and heard one of the commentators talking about how namco is going to make a lot of video content on teaching game mechanics before release day.

Saw a twitch comment that said "I already know how to play Tekken 7. I been watching Koreans play this game for three years" lmao

LOL, Western players should put up a good fight at Evo this year then.

Lol I mean y'all act like Western players haven't really adapted to the game. The gap is gonna close by next year maybe sooner pretty quickly. Look at how Peru is moving

GrayFoxPL

That win streak you had was crazy. It was like the PS3 put you into SNK arcade boss mode. Liked your Steve. Every time I thought I was just in poke range, I ate a 10 Count.

Haha, thanks, I missed all ws+1 combos though :(. We should play more. One on one we ought to get solid 3 bars because my connection can't really handle 5 guys spectating at once.

Tuned in to the stream and heard one of the commentators talking about how namco is going to make a lot of video content on teaching game mechanics before release day.

Saw a twitch comment that said "I already know how to play Tekken 7. I been watching Koreans play this game for three years" lmao

smirk_zpsfahmz8p1.png

Numb

heh.png

But seriously tho I haven't been watching as much as a year ago and I have lost multiple times to gaffers in my imagination. I need to train more so I don't lose to them in my mind.

heh.png
Time to to hit the lab..Of YT vids
heh.png

Numb

You're losing in your imagination?! What? xD
Only option
To you alot too.

Hwo player sure but got experience vs compared to your guy now girl who got way buffed.
You are even worse than Sasuke, you are cos - and may god forgive me for uttering this name - a Raven main

Can''t see myself beating you in the future
And solo too

sasuke_91

Thanks! Your Hwoarang was scary once you got into the groove with his stance switching up close. Ate so many kicks to the face when I punished with the wrong move or tried to sidestep. 😂

One piece of advice though. You anticipated Hwoarang's d+3,4 a lot of times, but you stood up after d+3 instead of staying in crouch to duck the 4 after that and launch me.
You have really solid defense in general, but don't get caught in Hwoarang gimmicks so often :p

You're losing in your imagination?! What? xD

Pssh, let him think that he only loses to us in his imagination ;)

Nuszka

I'm watching to much T7 as well, at this stage i have more juggle or frame data knowledge then in tag2. Whenever I play it it's mostly improvisation and pokes ;)

Numb

That's too much knowledge
I won't be able to blast ''All i do is win win win'' in background when i fight you guys at this rate

sasuke_91

If i become half as good at 7 as i was at 6 you guys would gotten it
But that' was when i was crazy

I whined that everything was designed around juggling in T6 and called people who launched me a lot "jugglers".
Just to give some reference. Yeah, I think I was pretty decent back then...

Honestly this page is great.

Kinda excited for Eliza in 7.Never had the chance to gather 20k points was a blessing.

giphy.gif

Is it true that you can unlock her instantly now in TR? I'm thinking about trying her out if that's true. Last time I fired up TR the game killed my PS3 three times before I gave up trying. I hope that was a one time thing.

Numb

I whined that everything was designed around juggling in T6 and called people who launched me a lot "jugglers".
Just to give some reference. Yeah, I think I was pretty decent back then...

Honestly this page is great.

Is it true that you can unlock her instantly now in TR? I'm thinking about trying her out if that's true. Last time I fired up TR the game killed my PS3 three times before I gave up trying. I hope that was a one time thing.
Going from 5 to 6 got people mad with juggles
I was those that was knee deep in loving it tho

Not sure if unlocking her changed
Didn't follow the game after the first month

Yes, you have 1/10 chance to unlock her every game you play. (That goes for the costumes too.)

You also get 10 x xp and money and everything and 3 free premium tickets each day.

Dereck

After Extensive Play of TTT2: My Complaints List. Feel Free To Add Yours.

I'll get right to it. I've played (almost exclusively) for the last 8 months (I was late to the party, but I played a lot of T6 before I got TTT2).

The instant replays are not fun to look at. From my understanding, this was done in an update, so as to not have your tag-mate pop in from out of nowhere. I would rather have that than the current replays. When I go back and play T6, some of the KO replays are very satisfying to watch--specially if you land a tricky/risky combo. As it is right now, I'd rather have no replay to save time than the uninteresting system they have currently.

Some stages are way too tight. This is infuriating because the wall carries in TTT2 are crazy extensive and the claustrophobia is real. Which leads me to number three.

The walls have too much magnetic abilities. I know you've had this experience: You get hit, you fly back properly--you wall splat when it doesn't seem like you should have. It's been going on since T4 (introduction of walls), where any light push into the wall makes you wall splat full-damage. It would be better if there were different levels of contact (light damage/snap animation for showing proximity, medium damage/obvious dent in the wall for incomplete contact, and the usual wall splat/break for full contact. This leads me to number four.

Why isn't there a system to let you know proximity to the wall behind you? Something simple like a vertical line flash on your side of the screen would be non-invasive, sufficient, and ramp up excitement/anxiety in a match. Too many times I thought I had plenty of space behind me, only to wall-splat.

The blue life bar needs to be easily picked up by the corner of your eye, like the orange bars in Tekken 5. In some stages, the blue blends into the background (blue skies or bright tops), and you have to directly look at the bar to understand how much life you have left.

They need to make it more obvious which life bars are yours 100% of the time. Matches get crazy, and you'll switch sides--sometimes too often. This can lead to confusing situations where I think my life bar is the bigger one--and then, I find out in my KO that I was the shorter life bar. Your name flashing, or a simple YOU in a small box, next to your name would be fine. For local play, P1, P2 in blue/red boxes next to names, with small blue/red triangles above each player would fine.

You guys remember the sloped stages of T4? TTT2 has a minor version of that. Two stages in particular make the battles hard to see--not to mention, strain-inducing on the eyes. I love how Tekken pushes the boundaries on what it can do with each game. However, there are some things that are super bad. Uknown's Second Stage gets really bad when you fall annd get covered in black gunk that blends with black everything of the stage. Coastline Sunset gets "dark" and "shadowy" when the sun is in the background. While I appreciate the true-to-life feel, it detracts from the gameplay. And most of the time, anything that detracts from gameplay, is bad.

Customization Needs a Z-axis. So many times, there's a simple customization thing I want to do--and I have to either give up, or mess around with the current system for way toooo long. I love customization. A big part of my fun is making new costumes. They've made it better than T6's system--but there are still times where it makes me want to break my control. For some this may be a stupid complaint (I've seen the circlejerk of I hate costumes around here, so I get it--it's not for everyone--but some of us really love that aspect of the games).

Those are my complaints. Most of them would be minor fixings--I don't know if T7 has changed any of these as I'm kind of keeping off news for the most part: I want to play the game as cold as possible when it comes out--as this would keep my expectations in check. I've seen the game reveals and very little gameplay.
Mostly, these are just things that grind my gears--I don't think they make the game unplayable.

Numb

Dont really got much issues with Tag 2 that I need fixed in 7 but .

Need better customs that are also tailored to the characters. No generic stuff shared everywhere.
Never liked the life bar shaking after each hit. It's pointless and distracting.
It's too much to ask for minigames but still am
Put more effort into Kazumis tiger. It looks like shit
Lilis hair and some others still look bad. How is Tekken 6 Lili got better hair. Is it the engine? Same goes for the botox faces

Add Mokujin -_-

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Lilis hair and some others still look bad. How is Tekken 6 Lili got better hair. Is it the engine? Same goes for the botox faces

Yeah, I think the models aren't transitioning well to UE4 or something. It's mostly noticeable with lighter colored hair where the hair looks more like a wig than stuff that's actually coming out of the character's head.

Numb

That footsies being synonymous with execution comment was to real

Yeah, I think the models aren't transitioning well to UE4 or something. It's mostly noticeable with lighter colored hair where the hair looks more like a wig than stuff that's actually coming out of the character's head.
The rest look like they glued black wooden hair on their skulls
Like Feng
I hope T7 gets more stages. Not really impressed with the current lineup.
Snoop Dogg stage version 2 coming up

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member

Yesssssssss @ the Z-axis complaint. It would make things soooo much easier. Someone wanted me to give Nina a Juri Han costume. The inner part of her legs should be easy: make how it looks from the front, then shoot the decal through her body so it's on both the front AND back. Since you can't place using Z-axis, I had to spend over an hour doing micro-adjustments on a decal that shoots onto her pants from a bird's-eye view. Frustrating.

At one of the mastercups QnA sessions i got Harada to verbally read my message of "no dark stages" and I hope that sorta thing doesnt happen in T7FR. I used to immediately SW on the phillipines stage in TTT2 because I could not see a thing. If they do put dark/bright stages then oh well, its alll part of the game.

Numb

That dark Uknown oil stage in tag 2 is the worst of all time
It was dark already and now the character models are dark too? FOH

Numb

I didn't know how crazy that stage was till I got the game
Literally the sun in your face
Went to France stage and never looked back

Top Bottom