• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

sasuke_91

Oooohh! Knee into sidestep electric! See this is the shit I like. I didn't even notice the setup.

Sweet info, thanks.

Yeah we should share more setups like these when we find them.
Just watch out for Numb. He's like a sponge when it comes to that stuff. I mean... his whole gameplay is based on frame traps and weird setups o.o

Edit: Wow, we managed to spam so much we're on a new page already. I guess that's what you get after people got to know that I'm a cute girl.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah we should share more setups like these when we find them.
Just watch out for Numb. He's like a sponge when it comes to that stuff. I mean... his whole gameplay is based on frame traps and weird setups o.o

Edit: Wow, we managed to spam so much we're on a new page already. I guess that's what you get after people got to know that I'm a cute girl.

Speaking about setups I saw old vid of Knee when he did with Steve: 1,d+1 B, flicker jab x 3 into fast Albatros spin into F Peekaboo, no pauses. Very nice.

Yeah, Numb's frame traps. know his wall stuff with Pachi. He'll do a safe mid but at disadvantage and go straight for db+1,2. Those punches are blazing fast and high crush for days and wall splat. So I go for low crushing shredders right away when I smell it. Never go for jabs against his Pachi at wall. Jumping attacks like hopkicks only, at worst you'll get hit but reduce the damage of his combo.

Shut up Samantha

VVV0ctL.gif

I'm sorry Sasuke!

sasuke_91

Shut up Samantha

So this is how you treat women.

Speaking about setups I saw old vid of Knee when he did with Steve: 1,d+1 B, flicker jab x 3 into fast Albatros spin into F Peekaboo, no pauses. Very nice.

Yeah, Numb's frame traps. know his wall stuff with Pachi. He'll do a safe mid but at disadvantage and go straight for db+1,2. Those punches are blazing fast and high crush for days and wall splat. So I go for low crushing shredders right away when I smell it. Never go for jabs against his Pachi at wall. Jumping attacks like hopkicks only, at worst you'll get hit but reduce the damage of his combo.

Thanks for the advice. Most Steve players use the flicker jabs way more often than I do.
Something I like to do though is throwing out FLK 1,u+1. Most of the time I can sidestep and throw out a Shoryuken. You may have seen me do this a few times.

I don't use highs against Numb anymore. Only safe mids, launchers and lows. And sidesteps. Lots of sidesteps.

VVV0ctL.gif

I'm sorry Sasuke!

It's okay. He's just trying to get some revenge because I humiliate him so often in Tekken.

Something about it makes it great to say
Like a catchphrase in a sitcom

As long as you're happy :)
Scrub lol

GrayFoxPL

So this is how you treat women.

For shame! And just when Sasuke become so much more attractive. XD

Thanks for the advice. Most Steve players use the flicker jabs way more often than I do.
Something I like to do though is throwing out FLK 1,u+1. Most of the time I can sidestep and throw out a Shoryuken. You may have seen me do this a few times.

I don't use highs against Numb anymore. Only safe mids, launchers and lows. And sidesteps. Lots of sidesteps.

I've seen your setups with ss+1+2 for wall splats, I must watch out for shoryukens now? Shieeet. It's good that you never dropped your sidestep game but improved it. I need to study my homing moves. It's funny whenever I see someone going for lots of sidesteps I panic "Homing moves! What are my homing moves!?" and I start testing moves from afar. Happens every time!

It's okay. He's just trying to get some revenge because I humiliate him so often in Tekken.
Ouuu!
iG8eEre.gif

Play nice girls or no prom night for you!

Just wait till I get good again
I was always bad at Tekken. Just decent at the tag mechanic.

Lies. You just "Rozmieniasz się na drobne."(Lit:"Making a small change[money] of yourself) is a saying in Polish. It means you do many little things instead of focusing on one solid thing. It's about the tons of characters you change with mokujin, I mean every damn round?! It can be 5 different characters on 5 rounds. It's nerve wrecking for your opponent but when you're unlucky with the lottery you're screwed too. Focus on fewer characters and show what really you can do.

Numb

No Jinpachi in T7 for Numb though~
Rub it in 😈
Been watching extra vids of Kazumi to prepare
Can't be grandpa so will be grandma

----

Gray that works the less people are to fighting me and you guys left that point
Although online random matches some people are confused
Also the only way I'll focus on a few is if Mokujin never makes it in

GrayFoxPL

No Jinpachi in T7 for Numb though~

Hell get equally good with Kazumi I feel. Among others.

The thing is Numb has incredible memory. If he used that to remember every setup, frametrap and combo for eg 3-5 characters he'll be probably unstoppable. He uses that memory to play 40 characters at any given time. That is insane and his handicap.

I can't remember half of movesets when I suddenly change characters. Even when I played them for years. My memory works really, really slow.

GrayFoxPL

Gray that works the less people are to fighting me and you guys left that point
Although online random matches some people are confused
Also the only way I'll focus on a few is if Mokujin never makes it in

You kick our asses still, lol. We all at a point where everyone kicks someone else ass.

Maybe Shang Tsung will make it in when Ono dumps Harada, romance ends and Boon starts comforting him.

Would you dig Shang Tsung?

Numb

You kick our asses still, lol. We all at a point where everyone kicks someone else ass.

Maybe ShangTsung will make it in when Ono dumps Harada, romance ends and Boon starts comforting him.

Would you dig ShangTsung?
Who doesn't
But we getting Scorpion if anything MK happens

Nuszka

Refreshed the tab and noticed 2 more pages, thinking that a new character was announced... Turns out its some power rangers talk :(

sasuke_91

Just wait till I get good again
I was always bad at Tekken. Just decent at the tag mechanic.

You did pretty well whenever we played solo. You'll get in shape when T7 drops.

I just hope that Mokujin won't get announced. For your sake.

I've seen your setups with ss+1+2 for wall splats, I must watch out for shoryukens now? Shieeet. It's good that you never dropped your sidestep game but improved it. I need to study my homing moves. It's funny whenever I see someone going for lots of sidesteps I panic "Homing moves! What are my homing moves!?" and I start testing moves from afar. Happens every time!

Aside from ss+1+2 normally go for qcf+1~B -> 4,2 at the wall. It's a frame trap that works very very often.
My problem with Steve is that there's so many options I rarely go into auto-pilot when I play him. Constantly thinking about what to do next unless I bait opponents with stuff like qcf+1. When I'm in front of my opponent I'm cracking my head though.
Should play more by feel and less by brain.

Rub it in 😈
Been watching extra vids of Kazumi to prepare
Can't be grandpa so will be grandma

That's a reasonable compromise.

Refreshed the tab and noticed 2 more pages, thinking that a new character was announced... Turns out its some power rangers talk :(

We gotta keep the thread alive somehow.

GrayFoxPL

Damn it, my Tag2 is worse then ever. It holds up for 3 to 6 fights max and dies.

I met a yellow, orange(red?) ranked dude in player and beat him pretty badly so he wanted a rematch. I said okay but warned him that my console randomly dies. He whooped my ass. Even when I was leading 2 : 0 and he was on a pixel he still could bring it all back. Some close 5 round matches but he won 95% of times, I couldn't get that final blow or a jab in. He could. Very different and aggressive style he got but effective as hell. He has crazy Kings team as main but he also plays Steve, Hei. As King he actually almost never uses giant swing but goes for every other throw and move.

But what's crazy is that my PS3 kept dying after every few fights and this guy had the patience to reinvite and wait long minutes before my tag2 loads and I get back to the room. Over and over again. He even tried to help me how to fix my PS3.

Kingkyy was his name, if you guys meet him online, play him. Cool dude.

Now I'm trying to figure out what should I do.

Buy used slim ps3 as cheap as possible(because this fucking thing is still expensive here) just for Tag2 to hold me over to T7.

Give PS3 to one of few unofficial repair services in neighboring city knowing they could totally break my console and I may lose the hard drive.

I bought new hard drive for PS3 because I read somewhere that red blinking light without anything else could mean a hard drive problem. It has like 2% chance of helping but I gotta try, I'm desperate.

sasuke_91

@GrayFoxPL: Kingkyy still plays Tekken? Extremely cool dude, very solid player. His Kings are crazy. He uses that WS launcher at every occasion (is it WS+2?). I got destroyed by him over and over again, but that was ~1.5-2 years ago.
He wasn't even ranked that high. Somewhere in the Orange ranks. An undercover pro :p
I'm sure he doesn't remember me. I think we were friends at some point, can't remember.
Maybe you should ask him if he remembers Samantha

GrayFoxPL

@GrayFoxPL: Kingkyy still plays Tekken? Extremely cool dude, very solid player. His Kings are crazy. He uses that WS launcher at every occasion (is it WS+2?). I got destroyed by him over and over again, but that was ~1.5-2 years ago.
He wasn't even ranked that high. Somewhere in the Orange ranks. An undercover pro :p
I'm sure he doesn't remember me. I think we were friends at some point, can't remember.
Maybe you should ask him if he remembers Samantha

You know him? Shit, world is small.

That gut punch it's fc df+2 he got me like 15 times with it. He's sharp as hell.

He'd remember Samantha for sure, lol.

sasuke_91

You know him? Shit, world is small.

That gut punch it's fc df+2 he got me like 15 times with it. He's sharp as hell.

He'd remember Samantha for sure, lol.

I met so many solid players in random player matches or World Arena that I probably know most of the solid players in Europe lol. But yeah, world is indeed small.
I really hope they will be back when Tekken 7 is released.

GrayFoxPL

I met so many solid players in random player matches or World Arena that I probably know most of the solid players in Europe lol. But yeah, world is indeed small.
I really hope they will be back when Tekken 7 is released.

Probably many are training right now. Month before release I expect lots of forgotten souls suddenly appearing.

sasuke_91

Probably many are training right now. Month before release I expect lots of forgotten souls suddenly appearing.

Yeah lots of players I'd like to meet again.

There was a guy that recognized me once. He was a lurker in this thread and played against me in ranked. Would be cool to meet him again.

GrayFoxPL

Shame the special effects never made it to T7.

This would've looked insane in ultra slo mo.

3at4z3d.gif

Too taxing for the engine, like motion blur ;P.

sasuke_91

The UE4 look in general looks somewhat same-y across many games. I can't really describe it. I don't dislike it, but I miss the unique look that made these games stand out so much.
And yeah, I'm thinking of Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest :p

GrayFoxPL

The UE4 look in general looks somewhat same-y across many games. I can't really describe it. I don't dislike it, but I miss the unique look that made these games stand out so much.
And yeah, I'm thinking of Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest :p

I know what you mean, I get that feeling too. Same was with UE3, you could tell on the spot which games run on it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Shame the special effects never made it to T7.

This would've looked insane in ultra slo mo.

3at4z3d.gif

Too taxing for the engine, like motion blur ;P.

I'm really curious about the inclusion of motion blur. The Rage and Sorrow trailer appeared to have a bit of per-object motion blur on the characters in what looked like actual game-play bits.

GrayFoxPL

I'm really curious about the inclusion of motion blur. The Rage and Sorrow trailer appeared to have a bit of per-object motion blur on the characters in what looked like actual game-play bits.

Rewatched it now and don't see it. It's only 30 fps too.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Rewatched it now and don't see it. It's only 30 fps too.

Well it could just be something added in post processing just for the trailer, but compare these.

Here's some Heihachi in regular FR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaNKhNr1Sxo (kind of low quality, but I can't find much without digging through titles that I can't read)

And here's Heihachi in what looks like a gameplay bit the trailer: https://youtu.be/V1eN1CPit2M?t=73

Pause when he's in mid-move and look at the differences with the blur.

Just speculation, but I think it'd be tight to have blur as an option. Maybe it'll be a PS4 Pro/PC only thing.

GrayFoxPL

Well it could just be something added in post processing just for the trailer, but compare these.

Here's some Heihachi in regular FR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaNKhNr1Sxo (kind of low quality, but I can't find much without digging through titles that I can't read)

And here's Heihachi in what looks like a gameplay bit the trailer: https://youtu.be/V1eN1CPit2M?t=73

Pause when he's in mid-move and look at the differences with the blur.

Just speculation, but I think it'd be tight to have blur as an option. Maybe it'll be a PS4 Pro/PC only thing.

I see now. Hard to tell if it's editing or real thing at super low setting.

It'd be funny if they managed to include it on bare PS4 and not on arcades.

I dunno, Guilty Gear Xrd is on UE3.

All cell shaded anime games look the same ;).

cordy

Banned
With Crash hitting June 30, Sony needs to do a promotion with Namco for T7 or something. Call it "The Month of PSX" and just promote those 2 games heavy. It's going to be a very old-school month.

But don't get it twisted, I'm gonna have that brand new TV with the best graphics. Hell I bought a new controller for Tekken. I don't need a stick, had to bring it back to the old days.

Pachimari

With Crash hitting June 30, Sony needs to do a promotion with Namco for T7 or something. Call it "The Month of PSX" and just promote those 2 games heavy. It's going to be a very old-school month.

Not just those games, add FFXIV: Stormblood to the mix. I'm gonna have to get all 3 June releases.

Tekken, Final Fantasy, Crash Bandicoot.

Classic PSX.

Top Bottom