• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

I don't think Shin did anything for the whole movie and when he did he got his ass kicked. What was the point?

This. On top of the fact that, in a post-credits interview for Blood Vengeance (which I think was exclusive to the theatrical release) Harada said no to his inclusion, I had no hopes for Shin being a good character. I almost rolled in my seat with laughter when Harada flatly denied the movie's director.

GrayFoxPL

Jin: "Alisa, Power off"

Alisa: "I'm nobody's bitch anymore, bitch."

Here's the logo.

BPkaFDKCUAAuSY6.jpg

They need to remove those wings.

Thanks. That's probably one of the 3 projects. Nice.

In Tekken 7, G Corporation should mess up Alisa's system settings and turn her into a killer robot. Yeeeeees. Great story idea with a complete shift in personality. Someone present this to Harada.

I think one of her quotes is something like, now I have to kill you or something to that effect in TTT2 if I remember correctly, so Killer Alisa could be coming sooner than later.

Doomshine

The bad Kazuya players are getting nerfed, but vigor is the thing for real Kazuya players, and God help you if you run into them.

Sure, but I assume most people are complaining about laser Kazuyas and that does a shitload of damage with high power.

I actually lost a match against one today just so I could land Dark Greeting on him.

I am actually surprised the females are winning the votes. I thought the average gamer didn't particularly like female characters or female protagonists. Interesting.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Were they really going to put a fish/salmon and a praying mantis in the game or did I misread something? Lol. I am getting Gon flashbacks.

Yes, they would have, but the majority of the Tekken fan base seems uninterested in trying anything exciting.

The key word here is "sexy".
(3) Female Vampire (A young girl, long imprisoned by the Rochefort family)

A young female vampire that has been imprisoned in a wing of the Rochefort Estate, where Lili was raised.
She has a dark personality, but her gothic attire and uncanny beauty are mesmerizing. During development of Tekken 6, she was proposed as a character that used an actual martial art, but also with fireballs, like a 2D fighting game character.
However, aside from Harada, a strange phenomena occurred in which many members got married or gave birth to children around the same time. As a result, not many staff were left at work to complete the character, and she was discarded. The concept was salvaged again during Tekken 6 BR, but the same strange phenomena occurred again and Harada locked the concept away in a safe, wanting to keep it secured within the development team since it (she) seems to bring good fortune.

Ctrl + F "sexy", no results found.

DSix

Banned
Even though I never missed a Tekken launch I didn't even bother for this one.
Until now.

So, this looks really like a low budget Soul Calibur 5 level rushjob. The word cheap is written all over it.

Giving a free and easier Wang parry to every character cheapen the meta.
The stats on characters cheapen the once great character balance.
That awful music cheapen those great TTT2 stages.

And what's up with some of the characters faces?! What the fuck happened to Asuka?! I also don't really like that "drawn" shader applied on the models, it kinda cheapen it all (cheap is really the keyword for that game).

Namco only needed to make a F2P TTT2 with pay for cosmetics like Dota 2. But instead we get that...
Is there any redeeming quality to that game that I somehow missed?

Breasts win again, yay.

Not really, although I do agree that Tekken could use more female characters, I don't want these characters, take that shit back to Soul Calibur.

Vampire could be okay for the future as long as she's different enough from Alisa, and Raphael from Soul Calibur.

No more emo Vampires please.

DSix

Banned
Making comic con attendees chose was obviously an horrible decision.

edit: checked my facts and yes indeed it was a very poor decision.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I've only played a few minutes of Arcade mode, but the announcement of fresh, not-just-tekken-tag-2 characters for this game made me give it a look. Lets see if I can give you some "first impression" thoughts...

So, this looks really like a low budget Soul Calibur 5 level rushjob. The word cheap is written all over it.

It doesn't really feel cheap, for what it is. It's an easy to get into entryway for new fans, and series vets alike. It's kind of nice to see 1 on 1 fighting that has some of the graphic updates of Tekken Tag 2 tossed in for good measure.

There's already Tekken Tag 2 and Tekken 6 for what you mentioned. This.. isn't that. If anything, it seems like a testbed for ideas going forward for Tekken into the next generation, much like the added content for TTT2 probably was.

And what's up with some of the characters faces?! What the fuck happened to Asuka?! I also don't really like that "drawn" shader applied on the models, it kinda cheapen it all (cheap is really the keyword for that game).

Namco only needed to make a F2P TTT2 with pay for cosmetics like Dota 2. But instead we get that...

The character faces don't bother me. Though maybe it's because they look more Soul Calibur than Tekken, and I've always preferred Project Soul's modeling to Tekken.

I don't really know what that shader is there, maybe just the presentation of an "outline" helps justify things like the crazy effects and motion blur of the special moves? I'll agree that they are oddly "cheap" ways to make a product that reuses a lot of content, feel like it's new again.

If anything, this really feels like a mid-point for Namco to make some money / get some brand attention, while they spend time and resources on building bigger games, for current gen consoles, and the next. After the Crapload of stuff in TTT2 (which probably wasn't the smartest to make financially?), they can try some unique ways to buff up their coffers, fine by me.

From a pure, tourney-serious perspective, this game seems to have little reason to exist, doesn't even have offline versus! But from a business minded, "the more people know our brand, the more will pay attention to upcoming products!" perspective, I think this is a very interesting experiment, and a nice peek into what might make it's way into future Tekken / Crossover games...

ThumbTwiddling.gif

Biding my time in the shadows... until I can troll people with a 200 END Yoshi and Turtle Style.

Time over, bitches.

tumblr_loe7t7Lsnm1qdzss5o1_250.gif

Soon. soooooooooooooon.

So any advice or combo lists for characters(i'm using Asuka Kazama) in this game? I'm new to Tekken and would like to play better than how I'm currently playing.

TheWriter

So any advice or combo lists for characters(i'm using Asuka Kazama) in this game? I'm new to Tekken and would like to play better than how I'm currently playing.

I like to watch these for the breakdowns they give, + the visual references. Some of these combos work in Tekken Revolution as well, Alisas combos from TTT2 are mostly working. Beware though that the "B!" (bound) effect is gone in Revolution, so some combos end sooner and you cannot juggle them as long. As the video should detail Asukas Bread'n'Butter combos, they should work for you in the long run.

Manbig

Until now.

The invinicble moves add another layer of depth into the game because you can't just run mindless pressure strings on even shittiest of players. You have to actually plan out your shit. Remember that they aren't invincible on the first frame of activation and are incredibly unsafe on block.

The merit to this game is Tekken Team being able to mess around with crazy mechanics and balance changes that can be adopted in their future games.

Sayah

Until now.

I personally don't like it much either and haven't played it since it released (aside from the very first time). Williams pressure would be like non-existent with the invincible moves.

But at the end of the day, this is free, so I can't really complain about anything. Most people have stuck with TTT2 anyway. Though, I'll still try to play Revolution with the new interesting updates that are coming.

GrayFoxPL

The battles in Revo can be hilarious because when both chars are at end life the "dance" begins. Dash-backdash-dash-backdash until someone loses it and makes a move thus getting hit by invincible or throws random invincible, gets blocked and punished.

Invincibles are noob tools, but game can be pretty fun when stats are equal, plus you throw electric critical and nuclear explosion happens - who doesn't like that? I like the special effects.

This game won't teach noobs how to play grown up Tekken, but as it's own thing (TxSF Alpha) it's ok. It plays bit like T5DR, feels relaxing. I'm interested how it will grow in updates. Plus it's free.

Every day I warm up with Revolution then go Tag2, feels good.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Disabling the adjustments is yes. But the bigger issue is people probably aren't going to do that given how much they've invested to have buff characters that are broken like that.

(I really don't like them buffing the AI since the AI/arcade mode was an easy way to get G and Giftpoints pretty easy within 5 mins per session)

I don't see "we don't limit you to 15 min sessions every two hours" as a fix, so...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Arcade only gives tiny amount of gift points. 10 per fight.

Not when Revo first launched. You had like 10x2 but then add in the premium tickets of x6 and it was giving a pretty decent shot if you wanted to avoid using premium tickets in online and risk losing it for more gift points versus offline/arcade.

GrayFoxPL

Now it'll give you less then 2 normal fights.

You can't rank up 30 000 points by playing arcade, unless you'd do it for months.

I like to watch these for the breakdowns they give, + the visual references. Some of these combos work in Tekken Revolution as well, Alisas combos from TTT2 are mostly working. Beware though that the "B!" (bound) effect is gone in Revolution, so some combos end sooner and you cannot juggle them as long. As the video should detail Asukas Bread'n'Butter combos, they should work for you in the long run.
Thanks for this. I only knew like 4 combos that are around 5-8 combos just from randomly putting combos together. This should definitely help.

Btw, is there a way to tech roll? Also Alisa's charge attack, is that a low block? The 2 matches I lost to today was an Alisa who kept spamming her charge attack and I couldn't block it properly. The other way a King who kept doing these long throws...I didn't know I could break out of them until it was too late. :\

GrayFoxPL

Thanks for this. I only knew like 4 combos that are around 5-8 combos just from randomly putting combos together. This should definitely help.

Btw, is there a way to tech roll? Also Alisa's charge attack, is that a low block? The 2 matches I lost to today was an Alisa who kept spamming her charge attack and I couldn't block it properly. The other way a King who kept doing these long throws...I didn't know I could break out of them until it was too late. :\

Tech roll by punch or kick when you hit ground. Rocket punch is duckable. You can sidestep but there's still risk it might hit you.

Revolution has changed many of the moves properties, so even new combos are possible.

Eg Lars'es f,b+2,1 in Revolution you can follow up with f+1,2,3,d,(entry),1,2 for massive wall carry. I Tag you can't because the 2 in f+1,2 doesn't connect, in Revo it does.

Top Bottom