• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

DEATH™

There's patch since morning. I bought premium effect for Jin, you live once.

Tons of people playing with buff off.

I love the new-old stages and new music on them. They still add different color tints to stages. Brazil has blue while Paris is green. Holland looks pretty normal.

Very hard Arcade is more like Tekken 6 normal 1.5, but I did get killed by Gold Ogre with 150 endurance lol.

Game grows, I like how's it going.

Xiaoyu face scares me, she looks like 2 year old child. Wtf Harada?

Edit:

Warm up space is just Mokujin standing still, no options other then wall on/off.

Patch is 657mb or 627 not sure.

Lol Tekken team don't want us to test things up...

Evil Lili comes out of Lili's closet to unleash the Dark Lili Hadou in Fall 2013

I wonder how Williams rushdown would fare against invincible moves. I haven't played the situation out in my head yet lol

That's what concerns me. They will probably have to make some adjustments to their arsenal of moves.

That's what concerns me. They will probably have to make some adjustments to their arsenal of moves.
I think someone said most invincibles don't lose their hurtbox until frame 5+ or so.

Seems about right, if not later than that. This means as long as rush down chars can keep to strings that jail or have only small windows then you should be good.

Sadly it almost applies a new level of Yomi. It'll be weird to see turtling Williams and Laws though, heh!

DEATH™

I think someone said most invincibles don't lose their hurtbox until frame 5+ or so.

Seems about right, if not later than that. This means as long as rush down chars can keep to strings that jail or have only small windows then you should be good.

Sadly it almost applies a new level of Yomi. It'll be weird to see turtling Williams and Laws though, heh!

It was said now that Hwoarang should be played like a mishima now instead of playing around FLA. Which means stance chars are screwed.

Its nice and all for turtle players and The Main Mans of the world who love their punishers but its pretty heartbreaking. Setups and Pressure are basically thrown into the toilet. And oki is nonexistent already.

On some level I think it teaches stance chars to stop fooling around in stances all day. Whether you like that or not is opinion I guess. But most chars up to this point have been designed to transition into those stances with attacks that leave positive frames even on block.

If you can interrupt that transition with INV moves then yeah, that's retarded, IMO. But dallying around in stances (esp ones that you can't block with) is really risky even in Tag2.

Oki was nerfed pretty bad, but mostly for chars that can float/reset/pickup people who are getting up the wrong way. Changs are a good example of that. Other chars IMO, like ground throwers, at least still have options to pressure/punish bad choices. No more combos with floaty scrape moves :(

GrayFoxPL

Stance or string characters. Basically while you hit you're safe from invinci. But when your string is blocked you better not dance around in endless fla or other stance, just block or sidestep because 95% invincible is coming.

Nina will have to actually guess right, rather then steamroll until she hits.

Other thing.

Dragunov's invincible is something like ff+2 but with backsway first (not qcb+2) I don't remember what it is.

Maybe they changed notation, they did on Hwoarang his invincible is d+3+4 that is blow like old u+3 without the stance, and old d+3+4 is u+3+4 according to the youtube vid.

Manbig

Stance or string characters. Basically while you hit you're safe from invinci. But when your string is blocked you better not dance around in endless fla or other stance, just block or sidestep because 95% invincible is coming.

Nina will have to actually guess right, rather then steamroll until she hits.

Other thing.

Dragunov's invincible is something like ff+2 but with backsway first (not qcb+2) I don't remember what it is.

Maybe they changed notation, they did on Hwoarang his invincible is d+3+4 that is blow like old u+3 without the stance, and old d+3+4 is u+3+4 according to the youtube vid.

This is exactly what I was getting at. People act like invincible moves are anti "creativity" when by "creativity" they really mean "Rely on shenanigans and match up ignorance instead of playing solid."

Sure, it goes both ways, but having a low damage/high risk option that forces people to play honest or take a easy loss is nothing but a good thing in my opinion.

As far as Drag's invincible moves goes, I heard it was f,f+2 from some European players in Aris's chat. That makes way more sense than the tackle nonsense someone told me about last time, unless they changed the input of f,f+2 to d+1+2. It also makes sense to re-purpose this move as an invincible move since the only real way to use it before was for either bound or incredibly specific oki set ups.

GrayFoxPL

This actually might be it and would also make a lot of sense. So long as they sped the move up a lot.

It's sped up. Doesn't backstep as far as Kaz but still bit evasive and hitting part looks as fast as ff+2, that's why it's getting mixed up.

Doomshine

This actually might be it and would also make a lot of sense. So long as they sped the move up a lot.

But how am I supposed to do unblockables on stupid Kazuyas then :(

...well I would have to unlock him first. GOD DAMN I got Xiaoyu for my 30000 unlock! I want Bryan, Jin or Dragunov.

GrayFoxPL

But how am I supposed to do unblockables on stupid Kazuyas then :(

...well I would have to unlock him first. GOD DAMN I got Xiaoyu for my 30000 unlock! I want Bryan, Jin or Dragunov.

I'd give you Bryan, my second unlock, first of course was that junk Alisa, what else.

That random unlock shit is such a lose-lose situation.

I know they thought: "Ohh, we do this and they will be forced to play for long to unlock their favorite characters!" but how many said "fuck this shit" and left but they wouldn't if they could play or unlock character they wanted to?

I know I almost did. If I wasn't lucky with Jin at 30 000 I'd drop it, because I wanted to play Steve in this primary. I'm few fights away from 60 000, so I'll probably unlock Xioyu :p.

I know I can play this on one of my 7 accounts until I get what I want, but playing on some random side accounts made only for ps stores feels kinda shitty. Tons of people do it, I did for awhile. It's easy to see from ping indicator. If someone's JP but has 5 bar with Poland...He's not Japanese.

I'd give you Bryan, my second unlock, first of course was that junk Alisa, what else.

That random unlock shit is such a lose-lose situation.

I know they thought: "Ohh, we do this and they will be forced to play for long to unlock their favorite characters!" but how many said "fuck this shit" and left but they wouldn't if they could play or unlock character they wanted to?

I know I almost did. If I wasn't lucky with Jin at 30 000 I'd drop it, because I wanted to play Steve in this primary. I'm few fights away from 60 000, so I'll probably unlock Xioyu :p.

I know I can play this on one of my 7 accounts until I get what I want, but playing on some random side accounts made only for ps stores feels kinda shitty. Tons of people do it, I did for awhile. It's easy to see from ping indicator. If someone's JP but has 5 bar with Poland...He's not Japanese.

I was just happy my secondary, Jack, was part of the starting lineup

DEATH™

This is exactly what I was getting at. People act like invincible moves are anti "creativity" when by "creativity" they really mean "Rely on shenanigans and match up ignorance instead of playing solid."

Sure, it goes both ways, but having a low damage/high risk option that forces people to play honest or take a easy loss is nothing but a good thing in my opinion.

As far as Drag's invincible moves goes, I heard it was f,f+2 from some European players in Aris's chat. That makes way more sense than the tackle nonsense someone told me about last time, unless they changed the input of f,f+2 to d+1+2. It also makes sense to re-purpose this move as an invincible move since the only real way to use it before was for either bound or incredibly specific oki set ups.

Then if that logic is true, then Lei is just a gimmick character who supposed to suck, and capos should only play standing and their rlx should be gone.

What I see is people trying to brand a weird specific character traits as "gimmicks" instead of actually respecting them as threats. Going back at CDS, you say that shouldn't be used outside of juggles, but then if you get pressured and all of a sudden he goes to CDS and you are a bit too late and got hit, will you say that the dude relied on a gimmick or will we admit that we got overwhelmed by pressure that CDS will start to work? Hpw bout King SS 3+4? People treat that as gimmick, but even a solid King player like MMT got that move in his pocket.

Sorry but those things that you call gimmicks is part of the game for a reason. Not only that it promotes creativity (not just relying on shenanigans, but finding actual techs and setups nd using it on the right time), those things are used to break stalemates between two players that are fundamentally solid. Look at TR, the problem now is the game is SO defensive oriented that only turtling is the valid way to win. Safe backdashes, lack of oki, invincibles, backwalk, you said it. Now what happens? Two good people trying to turtle each other out and who has a life lead can cruise, and characters are now forced to play in one kind of playstyle alone. And instead of devising setups or trying to break people wil pressure, people rely on baits and random criticals, which someone with a life lead won't give.

Can you say that in Tag 2? No! We all know you can't sleep or something will get you and it will hurt. There's a lot of setups that I can formulate with my characters alone that I know if even I don't have the life lead I can still win.

Now if you blame spammers abusing "gimmicks" then, are we the more solid player should win right? Yes we should! But the problem is instead of respecting the toolset, we brand them as gimmicks, and now we get frustrated when we lose to that gimmick, and begging for invincibles to save us.

I'm not mentioning the point that many people got bored easily with the game (which again stemming out of every char being forced to play the same way), and only play it because of updates, or just a mess around game that shouldn't be played competitively (which is what this game really is).

Been trying to take TTT2 more seriously. Needed a break, booted this up. At first I was like why do I need this I have tag 2 but hey its something different. Arcade mode is ridiculously easy lol. Compared to tag 2 online in this is pretty easy. Maybe cause any Joe smo can play it cause it free.

Anyway I'm not that good even though I can get wins. Need to work on them non bound combos. Training room patch lets go. Still will probably pay tag 2 more though. I dunno.

Last thing I'll say is I don't think I like Lili's and Asuka's new faces I thought they were fine in tag 2 but whatever. I only bring that up cause thats my main team in Tag 2 Lili/Asuka. They look weird to me now.

GrayFoxPL

Just unlocked Drag at 60 000, wanted Hwo...
Invincible- d+1+2
Same animation as unblck, but super fast. You can tackle from fc.

Criticals:
ff+2
ws+1+2
db+3
qcf+2

He feels super strong at first glance.

Doomshine

DEATH™;73322586 said:
Then if that logic is true, then Lei is just a gimmick character who supposed to suck, and capos should only play standing and their rlx should be gone.

Stance characters have always been at risk to YOLO moves, if you intentionally put yourself in a situation where you can't block a 12f move if you want then you fucked up.

...and again, I feel this needs to be repeated, these are super launch punishable moves that deal pathetic damage for the risk involved, If you're a character that can consistently bait these out then your pressure game is still good. It's different, sure, but it's still there.

Invincible- d+1+2
Same animation as unblck, but super fast. You can tackle from fc..

Great, see you in hell Kazuya!

Criticals:
ff+2

What? Please tell me you forgot an f in there. What the fuck am I going to do with ff+2 in a boundless game?

Manbig

DEATH™;73322586 said:

What I see is people trying to brand a weird specific character traits as "gimmicks" instead of actually respecting them as threats. Going back at CDS, you say that shouldn't be used outside of juggles, but then if you get pressured and all of a sudden he goes to CDS and you are a bit too late and got hit, will you say that the dude relied on a gimmick or will we admit that we got overwhelmed by pressure that CDS will start to work? Hpw bout King SS 3+4? People treat that as gimmick, but even a solid King player like MMT got that move in his pocket.

Sorry but those things that you call gimmicks is part of the game for a reason. Not only that it promotes creativity (not just relying on shenanigans, but finding actual techs and setups nd using it on the right time), those things are used to break stalemates between two players that are fundamentally solid. Look at TR, the problem now is the game is SO defensive oriented that only turtling is the valid way to win. Safe backdashes, lack of oki, invincibles, backwalk, you said it. Now what happens? Two good people trying to turtle each other out and who has a life lead can cruise, and characters are now forced to play in one kind of playstyle alone. And instead of devising setups or trying to break people wil pressure, people rely on baits and random criticals, which someone with a life lead won't give.

Can you say that in Tag 2? No! We all know you can't sleep or something will get you and it will hurt. There's a lot of setups that I can formulate with my characters alone that I know if even I don't have the life lead I can still win.

Now if you blame spammers abusing "gimmicks" then, are we the more solid player should win right? Yes we should! But the problem is instead of respecting the toolset, we brand them as gimmicks, and now we get frustrated when we lose to that gimmick, and begging for invincibles to save us.

I'm not mentioning the point that many people got bored easily with the game (which again stemming out of every char being forced to play the same way), and only play it because of updates, or just a mess around game that shouldn't be played competitively (which is what this game really is).

You're saying a lot of words without reading what I said apparently.

I said that using Jin's CDS transitions (ex: f+4~f) is primarily for juggles. Using them as some sort of mix up, which, as I said, is non existent because the only low you have access to is very slow and seeable, is ill advised. You're not being creative. You're relying on shenanigans. IT IS A GIMMICK.

joeblow

Also....

- Lei will be in better shape for using stances than Capos because he can easily block with most of them, unlike theirs.

- Oki isn't gone in TR. It's just different. Because back roll is more effective, it becomes more predictable with some opponents allowing an aggressor to stay on them.

- Korean BDC allows a skilled turtle to hang back in TTT2 as well, but the TR invincible does add a new wrinkle that even lesser players use to be effective. One has to bait it out or move in more carefully to not be hit by it because it can be effective if you aren't ready for it. One block however...

With that said, a solid player should do fine against invincible warriors in this game. General Tekken knowledge is still much (MUCH) stronger than crutch tactics, even if some of the defensive gimmicks are stronger in this game.

I'd say, if all Tekken players were rated in one of five tiers for their skill level with Tier 1 being best, the defensive boosting in TR (invincibles, no-float oki, better back roll), allows Tier 5 compete better with Tier 4, and Tier 4 to compete better with Tier 3, but none of them can really touch a Tier 1-2 player if the stats are roughly in range of each other.

DEATH™

Stance characters have always been at risk to YOLO moves, if you intentionally put yourself in a situation where you can't block a 12f move if you want then you fucked up.

...and again, I feel this needs to be repeated, these are super launch punishable moves that deal pathetic damage for the risk involved, If you're a character that can consistently bait these out then your pressure game is still good. It's different, sure, but it's still there.

What? Please tell me you forgot an f in there. What the fuck am I going to do with ff+2 in a boundless game?

If someone is right, it's not 12 frames, but 5~6 frames depending on what time the invincible kicks in. As long as you can squeeze that between strings, it works.

You're saying a lot of words without reading what I said apparently.

I said that using Jin's CDS transitions (ex: f+4~f) is primarily for juggles. Using them as some sort of mix up, which, as I said, is non existent because the only low you have access to is very slow and seeable, is ill advised. You're not being creative. You're relying on shenanigans. IT IS A GIMMICK.

You didn't read my point. It's ill advise for you. But if I see my opponent being scared to death with my regular offense, I can squeeze in CDS which makes it a respectable threat. It's the same reason why wavedashing in front of the opponent works despite you not being able to block.

Sent using crappy PC at work

GrayFoxPL

fff+2 still bounces on ch, pretty close.

ff+2 seems kinda weak, but it's fast.

He doesn't have any insta-bound stuff or fake bounds, but he's strong.

I need some DR style combos for him.

edit: you can tackle with db+1+2 too instead old d+1+2

Invincible is called Whiteout. More like Wipeout - dis 2 stronk!

GrayFoxPL

His combo from df+2 in DR was 2,1,3 d+4,1,3 but I doubt that's his best combo now. Probably df+3 cancels and f+4,4,3 are your best bets.

I noticed it's hard to squeeze f+4,4,3 on anything other then 2 hit before it like 2,2.

I must learn the cancels I only little remember DR Drag. Noticed I can do 3 times 3,1 after launch, pretty long wall carry, especially at tiny Revo stages.

Doomshine

Decided to check TZ and found this about Dragunov:

Buffs:
1) d/b+3 now leaves Drag standing
2) WS+2 range slightly increased, maybe hitbox fix?
3) CH (f+3),2 now causes stun like CH f,f+2
4) CH (f+2),4 is now a full launcher, similar to Bryan CH (d+2),3
5) CH iWR+2 now leaves the opponent closer on all axes
6) CH d+3,4 now causes ass-stun, not just CH (d+3),4

Possible nerfs:
Not sure but b+2 might be a frame or two slower, inconsistent b+2 BT catch leads me to believe this

Those buffs sound awesome!

Manbig

DEATH™;73372446 said:
If someone is right, it's not 12 frames, but 5~6 frames depending on what time the invincible kicks in. As long as you can squeeze that between strings, it works.

You didn't read my point. It's ill advise for you. But if I see my opponent being scared to death with my regular offense, I can squeeze in CDS which makes it a respectable threat. It's the same reason why wavedashing in front of the opponent works despite you not being able to block.

Sent using crappy PC at work

If you really think that the CDS transition is that much of a legitimate threat for pressure vs someone that knows the Jin match up then there is no helping you. That mentality will forever hold you back from being anything more than a gimmickmonkey that folds under pressure when fighting against any good player that knows the match up vs your character.

Oh and as we said a million times, you can cancel the CDS transition which a crouch dash which makes it COMPLETELY SAFE, so you're Jin example is completely null and void here anyway.

But hey, keep on regurgitating the same arguments over and over again.

GrayFoxPL

I think there's huge bug. I'm pretty sure whenever connection breaks both players get a win.

I noticed lately the connection broke with various players exactly at the start of round when I had 2 previously won rounds.

Can't be coincidence.

Basically ppl play 2 rounds(lose) and switch off exactly at start of next. Next generation of rage quitting.

One guy had 107 wins and was so bad it's impossible he would've won even a round against a blind cat mashing on buttons.

Sayah

I think there's huge bug. I'm pretty sure whenever connection breaks both players get a win.

I noticed lately the connection broke with various players exactly at the start of round when I had 2 previously won rounds.

Can't be coincidence.

Basically ppl play 2 rounds(lose) and switch off exactly at start of next. Next generation of rage quitting.

One guy had 107 wins and was so bad it's impossible he would've won even a round against a blind cat mashing on buttons.

hahahahahahaa

joeblow

Since the game doesn't track losses, he could have had 307 losses to go with his 107 wins if he is that bad. Also, you get a disconnect penalty if you quit mid game. Too many penalties and you have restricted access I believe.

GrayFoxPL

Since the game doesn't track losses, he could have had 307 losses to go with his 107 wins if he is that bad. Also, you get a disconnect penalty if you quit mid game. Too many penalties and you have restricted access I believe.

I doubt there's penalty on connection break. Rage quitters don't quit from in game, they yank the ethernet cable out.

Pachimari

Kinjin

0wRPlf4.jpg

GrayFoxPL

Huh, is that a special enemy in arcade? I've only seen golden Ogre so far.

Yeah I fought him today. He has weird attacks like Jin's b+2,1 into another punch that hit me out of the blue.

Him and mokujin have their move list formed from character's, not mimicking a random character as a whole.

Btw there's Mokujin festival going on.

It's some crazy shit where you can win mokujin tickets playing online then go into some mokujin survival and depending how much you win you can get up to 20 000 gift points(200 wins)

joeblow

I doubt there's penalty on connection break. Rage quitters don't quit from in game, they yank the ethernet cable out.

There is a penalty. When you start up a match and it begins to connection you and the other player, it takes away a token or ticket. You do not get a premium ticket refund for winning unless you play out the match and it uploads the results to Namco. If someone cuts out early, they will get a penalty.

I got one because my internet went out during a match I was winning. The next time I started the game, it told me I now have a disconnect rating of 3.3% and I will be penalized if it gets too high.

GrayFoxPL

There is a penalty. When you start up a match and it begins to connection you and the other player, it takes away a token or ticket. You do not get a premium ticket refund for winning unless you play out the match and it uploads the results to Namco. If someone cuts out early, they will get a penalty.

I got one because my internet went out during a match I was winning. The next time I started the game, it told me I now have a disconnect rating of 3.3% and I will be penalized if it gets too high.

I always got premium back whenever connection broke.

And I'm telling you ragequitters do that without penalty, because they wouldn't do it otherwise. It's retarded to rage quit, knowing you'll lose a ticked anyway. The difference from tag2 or t6 is that they do it at beginning of 3rd, 4th or 5th round insted of when they're about to die. It's exploited and it's clear as day.

GrayFoxPL

^If the difficulty is the same as very hard I see no problem achieving that, sounds good to me! Is it going right now?

Those special characters are quite bit harder then usual cannon fodder. Their moves are mixed, and pretty sure they have modified frames and hitboxes.

I beat that gold freak, but Mokujin did me good.

Mokujin Festival should be now or 2nd next month, I'm not sure now. They throw lots of promo event shit after the update.

Top Bottom