• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

I just don't understand the purpose of this game right now. it certainly isn't going to get casuals into Tekken. It's missing an entire mechanic from TT2, not to mention the invincible moves actually make it easier to destroy a newer player. All I see this doing is actually discouraging new people from picking up Tekken. Let's not even mention the limited plays stuff and no training mode because that makes it even worse.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
It reminds me of the arcades: WIN TO PLAY
Yo dudes: Money matches need to happen, COIN MATCHES

Gonna tweet it to Harada

Tried to play a match - First time it booted us out of the character select screen after a long wait, retry and it booted me back to the menu screen in the second round immediately after I unlocked a reward/trophy.

Seems great! \o/

Played twice, won twice. Welcome to Asuka City, bitches. But yeah, I gotta get a copy of Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

The netcode was actually pretty decent, seemed WAY better than the unplayable online experiences I had with Tekken 5. Is TTT2 like this too? If so I'm buying a copy of that right now.

Yeah, same online system/code.

So actually those who played 15 mins were just losing all fights.

Basically, yeah. I played it for a good long while (one and half to two hours). I only stopped because I wanted to play Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown with a friend of mine. Hah.

If you do well, you shouldn't really have problems playing longer.

After spending some more time with the game I think my opinion on it is changing a little. The mechanics are absolutely silly, but I think it's a fun enough casual distraction from TT2. The coin stuff isn't as bad as I thought at first since you can keep getting tickets as long as you win. It's a somewhat arcade like experience which is interesting. And I doubt many people will agree with this, but the visual style has grown on me a bit. I still don't really understand the point of the game, but I can see myself playing this every now and then.

GrayFoxPL

Harada on the madcatz stream just said next year is Tekken 20th anniversary and they're working on something.

Expect real Tekken or at least TxSF in 2014 imo.

Hellix

I just don't understand the purpose of this game right now. it certainly isn't going to get casuals into Tekken. It's missing an entire mechanic from TT2, not to mention the invincible moves actually make it easier to destroy a newer player. All I see this doing is actually discouraging new people from picking up Tekken. Let's not even mention the limited plays stuff and no training mode because that makes it even worse.

All people are doing online is spamming critical/special arts.

Doomshine

Yeah, not impressed at all. Pay to win, invincible moves that might be safe (pretty sure Asuka has one, though it might be high), limited play ability.

TTT2 just shits on this game if you're into Tekken. I do kinda like some of the changes, but the FTP being poorly done ruins it.

The invincible moves are not safe.

Quick question, if I was to make a player match room it would only cost 1 coin/ticket right? Now after I make the room, can I fight as long as I want or does each individual match still use up a coin/ticket? I'm assuming each individual match costs something but I just want to be sure.

Dahbomb

Yea I sort of take back what I said... you earn tickets from wins so you can keep playing for a long time as long as you win. Doesn't really help newcomers/newbies but you can still play for quite a while before you have to wait. It's sort of like an online arcade experience... sort of. Unlockable characters is also nice.

No way is this as bad as it initially seemed.

Checked the game out a bit.

If this is anything like other freemium titles, for the love of god don't waste your Premium Tickets because something will inevitably happen where you will want to spend a large number of tickets in a short period of time.

synce

Harada's a great guy stuck at a fuckup company. In case it's not obvious I don't like what I see. Not true F2P, none of the fighting games really are.

Doomshine

Harada's a great guy stuck at a fuckup company. In case it's not obvious I don't like what I see. Not true F2P, none of the fighting games really are.

I'm not going to have to spend a single cent to play this so it's free enough for me.

The Light

Been a min since I played tekken. Got destroyed by this king player. Wish there was a training mode so I can work on some stuff.

ezekial45

Banned
I can't play because it never uploads my data when I try to enter arcade mode. Plus the fact that there is no training mode is BS. Obviously to get people to pay for coins.

This seemed like a neat idea, but this is just an annoying experience.

Havent downloaded yet, is there 2 player local mode ?!

lol nope

Ranked Lobby
Player Lobby
Arcade Mode

that's it. Even private invite player lobbies consume battle coins

I also just unlocked Bryan Fury for apparently losing in a player match?? I think it randomly unlocks a character every time you it some mystical number of gift points or something.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Had a blast playing arcade mode seems like something I'll play once a day before work good clean quick fun

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
:lol This is terrible as a free to play and the combat is a complete joke. I dunno if they changed something in TTT2 from TTT1 but this is horribad online even with 3+ bar connections.

Oh well, guess I'll take it up the ass for a few more trophies and then delete it.

(OH WOW you can't even play it offline in arcade mode. Hahahahaha. So bad.)

SUPARSTARX

They said they wanted this game to emulate the arcade experience heh... limited turns, no training mode. I think they achieved that goal.

Go buy TTT2!

As for the no bind and stuff, Tekken 5 combos, go!

Eh, having to play King because Yoshi isn't anywhere in sight.

Also strange that neither is Nina. You'd expect more chars who have been there all along to make the cut. Oh well.

So far, unlocking is only done automatically (level up?) or through gift points?? - ANSWERED in another thread, random

DR2K

Banned

DOA5 is doing it right. Unlimited play, no restrictions, no pay to win bs, legit main game, 4 complete characters in all modes sans story, weekly demo character of the rest of the roster, full compatibility with full version buyers/unlockables/DLC, no carrot on the stick dangling methods, etc. . .

TTT2 is dirt cheap now too, there is no reason for this to exist.

Anybody else getting mad communication errors? I don't know if I have to open up more ports or what. TTT2 works fine.

Also this is probably a Tekken x Street Street Fighter beta. So the additions of "supers" and whatever the hell vigor is supposed to be is cool.

neoxdonut

I downloaded the game but I'm stuck at the main menu just getting "Failed to download save data. Returning to the tittle screen."

Vanille

Downloaded for the novelty factor. Seems pretty cool for what it is, although there's really no reason to touch it if you have Tag 2.

Top Bottom