• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag 2 GAF Winter Tournament - Begins Jan 6 - Stream, Prizes, Competition & Fun

Sayah

It looks like you got a nice turnout with this. Might be a bit early to ask, but do you plan on running another one in the near future? I didn't have an account here when you were setting this up and would like to join in on the good times.

Depends on the success of this tournament, I guess. I'm hopeful we'll finish on time and all will be good.

Fraeon

So I'm playing against giancarlo123x and it'll be another transcontinental matchup. There'll be a fun 7 hour difference (at least), so arranging this will be quite challenging.

I'd prefer it if it weren't later much later than midnight over here, though, so 5-6PM over there would be the latest assuming you're EST.

Hyun Sai

I'll add you on PSN, Atomic Moth, as I'll have to fight you next.

I'm usually up around 9PM and 11PM East, so when losers are starting, I'm good to go anytime.

LowParry

Downplay vs Rolento (Rolento is the winner 2 - 3)

Match 1: (3-1) Downplay Win
Match 2: (2-3) Rolento Win
Match 3: (2-3) Rolento Win
Match 4: (3-2) Downplay Win
Match 5: (3-1) Rolento Win

Some tense battles there though I think what turned out to be the double edge sword for me was switching out Xiaoyu for Paul in Match 4. I kept throwing out some stupid stuff in Match 5 and Rolento capitalized on it. Very fun games.

And yeah, me and mirror matches tend to not work out well. :lol

Downplay vs Rolento (Rolento is the winner 2 - 3)

Match 1: (3-1) Downplay Win
Match 2: (2-3) Rolento Win
Match 3: (2-3) Rolento Win
Match 4: (3-2) Downplay Win
Match 5: (3-1) Rolento Win

Some tense battles there though I think what turned out to be the double edge sword for me was switching out Xiaoyu for Paul in Match 4. I kept throwing out some stupid stuff in Match 5 and Rolento capitalized on it. Very fun games.

And yeah, me and mirror matches tend to not work out well. :lol

It was a pretty damn even fight IMHO. I did stuff I didn't mean to a few times and fight 5 was a huge risk on my part changing teams last minute. I mainly switched to Kaz so I could quick jab better and P Jack because his d+1,2 is so nice.

Awesome games though, we need to do it more often.

Sayah

Anyone playing on stream today?

Can't wait till tonight. Hope my oppenent get on. Oh plz sent invite to "psn : tinhusau" at 10pm est.

Sure, as long as we can get enough matches going.

Edit: Well, doesn't seem like we're gonna have one today. Nobody really planned any matches.

gz on tigerkiddo, we finally managed to play yesterday :p
my first char (xiaoyou) was good/passable... my second char on the other hand was terribad..
I should have practiced a bit after the game came since i stopped playing @tekken5 lot of years ago XD ohhhh well :p

mr_boo

Sayah: Loser's bracket starts as well, correct? If so my next opponent is KDash...I think I should be available Mon, Wed or Fri ... I basically have baby duties on Tue and Thur this week. Let me know when you want to hook up.

Sayah: Loser's bracket starts as well, correct? If so my next opponent is KDash...I think I should be available Mon, Wed or Fri ... I basically have baby duties on Tue and Thur this week. Let me know when you want to hook up.

If it is starting, then I'm down for today or Friday. I can't really ever play on Wednesday's or Thursday's, except on very rare occasions. Any other day is usually fine.

Sayah

Yep.

Just as a note, even if it's week 2 and you already know your opponent for week 3, it's fine to get the matches done. Helps to move the tournament faster.

So I'm playing against giancarlo123x and it'll be another transcontinental matchup. There'll be a fun 7 hour difference (at least), so arranging this will be quite challenging.

I'd prefer it if it weren't later much later than midnight over here, though, so 5-6PM over there would be the latest assuming you're EST.

We can work something out, I'm off for the next couple of dates. PM me on here when you think of a time.

MightyKAC I'm ready whenever you are. I'm actually sick and feel like total crap so if you feel like beating up on a sick person the sooner the better.

Fraeon

We can work something out, I'm off for the next couple of dates. PM me on here when you think of a time.

During the weekend I can play anywhere from 5 to 8PM EST. Rest of the week it's 6PM latest. Saturday is probably the best day for me to play the game but I can also manage tomorrow.

I was about to ask ya about what are good times for you?

And yes, she's added you on PSN so you can coordinate a time there.

Ahh, yes saw that and added. Anyways I'm free to play anytime during 1pm to 8pm GMT +10. Any day, provided I'm not doing something else on there.

LowParry

Rem and FW up for the fighting. checking to see how lag is between the two.

Edit: Round 1 done and damn, some intense fighting going on. Will post results when they finish.

LowParry

Reminiscence vs Flying Wonkey

Round 1: 2 - 3 (FW Wins)
Round 2: 3 - 1 (R Wins)
Round 3: 1 - 3 (FW Wins)
Round 4: 1 - 3 (FW Wins)

Flying Wonkey is a Winner!

Good games! Though I didn't watch any except the first round. Stupid TERA.

kenix

Neo Member
just talk to itzknickknac. We are ready to brawl on the stream this Thursday 10pm EST :) Hope we have more people this time so i can just do my round 3 afterward :p

BigBadShamoo I'm ready when you are, except for Thursday and Friday.

How about sometime today then? If you can't do it today we can do it on a Saturday or Sunday for the streaming. If I saw this thread yesterday we coulda played then. I'll be watching this thread more closely.

DEATH™

IHaveCandy, we gotta find out who's the best jaguar player on GAF!

I already sent you a friend request. When are you available?

DSix

Banned
DragonSix Advances in the Winners bracket! He won 5-0 Match upload coming soon. Great games were had!
Yay, can't wait for the uploads!

GGs man, and the ping was pretty good most of the time. You do have a good style, but I feel you're a bit too used to "polite" foes that don't interrupt whiffed combos. You gotta play more safe in those situations.

Not sure what it was. I think it was the fact I was about to record, my head was elsewhere. But nevertheless it's still awesome. Awesome games. I got a strong a feeling tho, I'll be more ready for the next matchup/s even if I am recording it. I was dropping some shit I never dropped before. It was an awesome experience and one that won't happen again. GGs!

mr_boo

Thank you for this. If I somehow mangage to beat MightyKAC then DragonSix is my next opponent so I'll have some material to research =)
Don't forget, you can always download any player's game so long they are friend'ed ... DSix left instructions several posts back.

Top Bottom