• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag 2 GAF Winter Tournament - Begins Jan 6 - Stream, Prizes, Competition & Fun

The matches between mr_boo and I are up now. Enjoy!

The first three matches are the tournament ones, and there's two more in there that were just for fun, though the last one there cuts off just before mr_boo finished me off. I think there was another match or two after that, but my camera's memory card ran out of space, so they didn't record (and that's also why that fifth match got cut off). Heh.

MightyKAC

Hey Devistator it looks like I just missed you.

I'll be around for the next few days so let me know when a good time for you is to bang this match out.

Mighty won 3-2 good stuff.

I"m really fucking pissed though. My Miguel combo dropped to finish it off. d/f 1 ~ savage stance d/f1 NOPE another normal d/f1 comes out and the combo drops=( This salt will be with me for a while. 1 bar connection from Cali to Japan and it was still super smooth.

MightyKAC

Mighty won 3-2 good stuff.

I"m really fucking pissed though. My Miguel combo dropped to finish it off. d/f 1 ~ savage stance d/f1 NOPE another normal d/f1 comes out and the combo drops=( This salt will be with me for a while. 1 bar connection from Cali to Japan and it was still super smooth.

That was some awesome shit Dev, and yeah that would have been my ass if it had hit. Anyways glad we where finally able to connect Lemme know if you ever wanna play again.

That was some awesome shit Dev, and yeah that would have been my ass if it had hit. Anyways glad we where finally able to connect Lemme know if you ever wanna play again.

Yeah, you made me pay for it big time too haha. I'm glad we got to play as well. I learned alot of stuff that I need to fix asap. I'm leaving a ton of damage on the table after blocking lows that are hop kick punishable.

mr_boo

The matches between mr_boo and I are up now. Enjoy!

The first three matches are the tournament ones, and there's two more in there that were just for fun, though the last one there cuts off just before mr_boo finished me off. I think there was another match or two after that, but my camera's memory card ran out of space, so they didn't record (and that's also why that fifth match got cut off). Heh.
Thx for the upload. GGs (again) KDash...look me up anytime for more matches.. By your handle, I assume you play KOF too - I'm always game for some KOF13.

Thanks for the upload.

No problem! You're welcome! :)

Thx for the upload. GGs (again) KDash...look me up anytime for more matches.. By your handle, I assume you play KOF too - I'm always game for some KOF13.

You're welcome, man. Good games.

And yeah, I do play King of Fighters. I have XIII on Xbox 360, though, and I don't have Gold right now. I've actually not played the game much. I couldn't get into it as much as the earlier games, and I don't know why. Heh.

But I'm up for more Tekken Tag Tournament 2 at some point, though!

I also have Soulcalibur IV and V, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Mortal Kombat (2011), Mortal Kombat II, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, Fighting Vipers, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Arcana Heart 3, if you're interested in playing any other fighters.

DEATH™

IHaveCandy, if you're reading this, I might be up later night probably 4-9pm PST. Message me on PSN.

EDIT: I'm not sure about the time... If football is on, I can't play... Can't be in the morning due to work...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Baekshi, your friends list is full. Sent you a message on PSN.

Baekshi, still waiting for you to PM me back with the best time to play. Was on PSN most of the afternoon until 11:30 PM EST yesterday and did not hear from you.

Sayah

I know PSN downtime messed stuff up and a lot won't be able to finish by tonight. Round 2 matches deadline extended to tomorrow night as a result (Monday - 11:59 p.m. EST). Thanks. :)

And as far as I know, there are no planned matches for the Sunday stream once again. Everyone likes being there on Thursday so I think we'll keep that as the official stream day.

I know PSN downtime messed stuff up and a lot won't be able to finish by tonight. Round 2 matches deadline extended to tomorrow night as a result (Monday - 11:59 p.m. EST). Thanks. :)

And as far as I know, there are no planned matches for the Sunday stream once again. Everyone likes being there on Thursday so I think we'll keep that as the official stream day.

Sounds good. I'm gona contact my opponent to see what he prefers.

I could barely sleep last night as I was still upset over my loss. Its gonna take awhile, but I vow to be one of gaf's best and hopefully become of norcal's better players. I've been playing tekken for far too long to still be so scrubby. I'm hungrier than I've ever been.

I could barely sleep last night as I was still upset over my loss. Its gonna take awhile, but I vow to be one of gaf's best and hopefully become of norcal's better players. I've been playing tekken for far too long to still be so scrubby. I'm hungrier than I've ever been.

Hell I'm new to Tekken and had to put the game down for a few days after losing haha.

Sayah

You already play really well man. But that's the spirit I like. :p
Do you have any strong local competition?
Hell I'm new to Tekken and had to put the game down for a few days after losing haha.

Tekken does that. lol

mr_boo

No problem! You're welcome! :)

You're welcome, man. Good games.

And yeah, I do play King of Fighters. I have XIII on Xbox 360, though, and I don't have Gold right now. I've actually not played the game much. I couldn't get into it as much as the earlier games, and I don't know why. Heh.

But I'm up for more Tekken Tag Tournament 2 at some point, though!

I also have Soulcalibur IV and V, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Mortal Kombat (2011), Mortal Kombat II, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, Fighting Vipers, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Arcana Heart 3, if you're interested in playing any other fighters.
I have SC, SF2turbo HD Remix, & 3rd Strike from that list...so sure anytime. I know SC the least...I was hoping it would be like Tekken w swords but its so different (IMO).

mr_boo

Your still alive in tourney and the best way to vent is to take it out on your next opponent :D

You already play really well man. But that's the spirit I like. :p
Do you have any strong local competition?

Tekken does that. lol
Yeah I do but everyone is usually very busy and I live about 45 minutes away from everyone so its hard for us to all get together. Naoki who we've played with before is good friends with Bronson, Mr.Naps, Padtrick and basically all of norcal tekken lol. If we can ever find a good time to session then I'll be facing some of the US's best which will no doubt help me big time.

Your still alive in tourney and the best way to vent is to take it out on your next opponent :D
Pretty sure I'm gonna be done for in my next match, I'm just to mind fucked. If I can find my tripod I should be able to record the replays with my digital camera. That dropped combo in the last round of the last match will haunt me for awhile. I usually dont get upset when I lose but I guess since this is a tourney and theres something on the line(dem prizes) that I took it really hard.

Shits brutal but Tekken is so fun so I'll always keep coming back no matter what. And I never mentioned this but I love your Mike Woodson av.

Fraeon

So, giancarlo, we gonna have the match today? We were supposed to have it yesterday but you probably didn't get my friend invite. 7-8PM EST is still fine.

So, giancarlo, we gonna have the match today? We were supposed to have it yesterday but you probably didn't get my friend invite. 7-8PM EST is still fine.

I'm sorry about that. It was my buddies last day in town and I was out all day and night since the moment I woke up. I'll be on for the next couple of hours now then I have work for a little then will be back on around 9:30-10PM EST. I apologize for the holdup.

Fraeon

I won 3-1.

giancarlo got the first game with 3 straight rounds but I adjusted my playstyle a bit and it paid off. So the matches went:

Fraeon (Lili/Alex) vs giancarlo123x (Jun/Asuka) 0-3
Fraeon (Alex/Lili) vs giancarlo123x (Jun/Asuka) 3-2

Surprisingly enough, WTF has updated them instantly:
http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/ps3/fraelynn

Good games, I'm surprised it even worked so well at what the game claimed to be 0 bars.

I won 3-1.

giancarlo got the first game with 3 straight rounds but I adjusted my playstyle a bit and it paid off. So the matches went:

Fraeon (Lili/Alex) vs giancarlo123x (Jun/Asuka) 0-3

Surprisingly enough, WTF has updated them instantly:
http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/ps3/fraelynn

Good games, I'm surprised it even worked so well at what the game claimed to be 0 bars.
That one round where you won with a jumping jab was the weirdest finish that ever happened to me. lol. It was fun and the gameplay was smooth. GGs.

I'm back home so shoot me a friend request if you haven't already. Ill be doing homework for the time being

EDIT: I have my PS3 on right now and got your request... I'll leave it on for a while while I read but if I dont hear from you for a bit I'll be making dinner and have my Ps3 off

DSix

Banned
MightyKAC, I'm ready for the next round. I'm available anytime this week (at night or day). Let's pray the internet gods the connection from France to Japan will be good.

I'm back home so shoot me a friend request if you haven't already. Ill be doing homework for the time being

EDIT: I have my PS3 on right now and got your request... I'll leave it on for a while while I read but if I dont hear from you for a bit I'll be making dinner and have my Ps3 off

Sorry I missed this, I'll be going to take care of an errand but should be back on around 8 MST

Top Bottom