• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

I guess those folks mean the last battle, I thought it was pretty difficult aswel, but then I practiced and practiced and did some online battles and became Tekken Lord offline. Morale of the story: practice makes perfect.

I just used what the Fight Lab told me: Block and punish. It really wasn't that hard. Only if you bash buttons without actually having a plan, I guess.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Gonna get back into it today. Not sure if I'll continue working on my other character, but we'll see what happens.

Just lost my Great Chicken!

QjW8i.png

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I feel like I'm playing an rpg. All this grinding.

240 wins 0 losses, 60 straight. I think 18 or 19th Dan. All for the sake of unlocking stuff. And I think I barely unlocked anything. Would take 5000+ matches at this point to unlock everything.

EWGF is so damn hard to do. At least I got the regular version down.

3qufd.png

mephie

Neo Member

240 wins 0 losses, 60 straight. I think 18 or 19th Dan. All for the sake of unlocking stuff. And I think I barely unlocked anything. Would take 5000+ matches at this point to unlock everything.

You will unlock all of the unique stuff long before you hit 1000 matches if you keep doing ghost battles. Just try out all of the new characters, and you will have everything unlocked before you know it.

DR2K

Banned
DEATH™;42472640 said:

I don't care for bound or rage. In terms of balance and design I think it's a much better game overall. Especially for its time. Which Tekken do you prefer?

DEATH™

I don't care for bound or rage. In terms of balance and design I think it's a much better game overall. Especially for its time. Which Tekken do you prefer?

Sorry, you gotta remove the nostalgia goggles off bro... Bound gave juggles more depth, and rage is an old mechanic (TTT1). The major critism in T6 is the movement nerf, which is back to DR level again. Everything good in DR, it's there, and the tier lists ain't that tight in DR compared to TTT2... None who played TTT2 on a good level can go back to DR.

So for you thinking DR is a better game overall is just nostalgia factor... The same way some people wanted everything to go back to T3 mechanics again (aka dumb down the game like 3S--->SF4)

IS this better than Tekken 6? MY last tekken game was 5:Dark Resurrection.

Better is subjective (especially with DR2K's case, though common consensus is this is GOTF). Try it yourself bro, and if you have any trouble, you can ask us.

DR2K

Banned
DEATH™;42473619 said:
Sorry, you gotta remove the nostalgia goggles off bro... Bound gave juggles more depth, and rage is an old mechanic (TTT1). The major critism in T6 is the movement nerf, which is back to DR level again. Everything good in DR, it's there, and the tier lists ain't that tight in DR compared to TTT2... None who played TTT2 on a good level can go back to DR.

So for you thinking DR is a better game overall is just nostalgia factor... The same way some people wanted everything to go back to T3 mechanics again (aka dumb down the game like 3S--->SF4)

Eh bounds just added more execution requirements for juggles to an already juggle heavy game. Rage just isn't a good mechanic, the game punishes you for using the tag system and reward the player for losing.

DR does have the nostalgia factor, but I also prefer Tekken without rage or bound. Not that TTT2 is bad, I enjoy it for what it is.

DR > TTT2 > > > > > > 6

DEATH™

Eh bounds just added more execution requirements for juggles to an already juggle heavy game. Rage just isn't a good mechanic, the game punishes you for using the tag system and reward the player for losing.

DR does have the nostalgia factor, but I also prefer Tekken without rage or bound. Not that TTT2 is bad, I enjoy it for what it is.

DR > TTT2 > > > > > > 6

How is it hard to do a different juggle staple? Sheesh...

Execution requirements? Try doing King's iSW finish on DR, especially off a jab. Then try doing it after a bound... Which's easier?
Bound made many juggle stuff in DR WAAAY easier. Aside from that, it made the juggle more depth. The only consequence is different staples (which is the same difficulty, if not easier). If you think B! combos made the juggles harder, give example/s.

Rage punishes you for using tag system? You love spamming Tag Assaults do you? Rage doesn't punish you for anything, you can have rage too. Learn to use Rage/Netsu to your advantage. We've been doing that since TTT1.

This game did everything to be accessible to newbs. It's up to you to do the work... Do your homework bro

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It's the best Tekken ever made. Who cares about which versions of TK5 and TK6 were better- TTT2 is out.

Tekken 5DR still has the better soundtrack.

TTT2 > In every other aspect though.

I hated bound in T6...but I think I just generally hate T6 so whatever.

DR2K

Banned
DEATH™;42474314 said:
How is it hard to do a different juggle staple? Sheesh...

Execution requirements? Try doing King's iSW finish on DR, especially off a jab. Then try doing it after a bound... Which's easier?
Bound made many juggle stuff in DR WAAAY easier. Aside from that, it made the juggle more depth. The only consequence is different staples (which is the same difficulty, if not easier). If you think B! combos made the juggles harder, give example/s.

Rage punishes you for using tag system? You love spamming Tag Assaults do you? Rage doesn't punish you for anything, you can have rage too. Learn to use Rage/Netsu to your advantage. We've been doing that since TTT1.

This game did everything to be accessible to newbs. It's up to you to do the work... Do your homework bro

For me, it took a little adjustment, but if you're coming in fresh then it's a lot more difficult. Because there's more to learn.

I don't play King, can't tell you.

It punishes you for winning and is activated for using tag assualt. I don't care for meter management in 3D fighters. Tekken 5 had none of that and was better for it.

3qufd.png

Kadey if you set the matches to 1 round you will get stuff alot faster. Most characters have one or two unique clothing items and the rest is just aura/ki/rage and all those silly items like flashlights, cake etc. I managed to get a ton of stuff very fast and probably have most of the cast's 2p/unique clothing items. For EWGF's the key is just pressing d/f and 2 at the same time. Focus on that and it will become much easier to do.

*edit* Damn this socal tourney is hype as fuck. Top3 coming up now.
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Imm0rt4l

How do you do it, it's impossible.

it's very much possible, took me hours to get the timing down. Admittedly I haven't had much time with the game or taken it online. Make sure that when your partner tags in that he juggles your opponent at a decent enough height.

I listened for the audio cue for character switch to get a good idea of when to DSS, it's really important that you DSS on the first frame that you've gotten control back over Law.

Dereck

it's very much possible, took me hours to get the timing down. Admittedly I haven't had much time with the game or taken it online. Make sure that when your partner tags in that he juggles your opponent at a decent enough height.

I listened for the audio cue for character switch to get a good idea of when to DSS, it's really important that you DSS on the first frame that you've gotten control back over Law.
I'm talking DSS combos in general, been practicing since Tekken 6 and I cannot integrate DSS attacks into combos, specifically these kind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOqq8saiC6c

Need help guys. This game froze while playing yesterday, and since then the game won't load during the initial boot up. I tried deleting the install data and that hasn't fixed it. Tried other games and this is the only one freezing. Any tips?

Sayah

I'm trying out P. Jack now. Sooooooooo good.
Also thought Holland would be my training stage but turns out I like Fallen Garden more.
Need help guys. This game froze while playing yesterday, and since then the game won't load during the initial boot up. I tried deleting the install data and that hasn't fixed it. Tried other games and this is the only one freezing. Any tips?

Awkward.......call Namco or Sony maybe?

DR2K

Banned

Try seeing if it's a corrupted save file. Make a new profile and start the game.

Hellix

DEATH™;42475212 said:
What he's saying is DR is better than TTT2 because of bound... Which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me...

I would probably side with DR2K if I was actually good in DR. There can be ridiculously long juggle sequences thanks to bounds and tag assaults now. I can do iSW now thanks to bound and tag assaults, but I liked the difficulty that was present in DR when it came to juggling. Juggling is just much easier now, and I felt like it actually took skill to do lengthy juggles in DR.

Top Bottom