• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

A note for the ghost battle grinders.
After you get all the gold chests for the two characters you are currently using and I believe all of the endings. Every gold chest you get afterwards will start unlocking stuff for other characters.

It's not random either. The unlocking starts with Ancient Ogre and the rest of the DLC/Console exclusive cast and makes its way around from left to right.

I've been playing all kinds of different teams. I can't decide to settle with just one. Mostly all-female teams of course. Wish there was the female equivalent to a Forest Law. I'd love to have his power...just not him.

Really? So if you want to unlock a specific item for your character (say AKing's Belt) I'll have to wait until I get to his position from the left side even if I play as him during Ghost Battle?

No it's just like that if you keep using the same characters that you've already unlocked all their stuff with.

AAK

GG's guys.

It's not random either. The unlocking starts with Ancient Ogre and the rest of the DLC/Console exclusive cast and makes its way around from left to right.

Really? So if you want to unlock a specific item for your character (say AKing's Belt) I'll have to wait until I get to his position from the left side even if I play as him during Ghost Battle?

A note for the ghost battle grinders.
After you get all the gold chests for the two characters you are currently using and I believe all of the endings. Every gold chest you get afterwards will start unlocking stuff for other characters.

I've been playing all kinds of different teams. I can't decide to settle with just one. Mostly all-female teams of course. Wish there was the female equivalent to a Forest Law. I'd love to have his power...just not him.

No it's just like that if you keep using the same characters that you've already unlocked all their stuff with.
I have Armor King as my tag player, and he still hasn't gotten his belt. I'm clearly earning stuff for other players, but don't have Armor King's belt.

AAK

Hi, need help with Jin and Kazuya tag, wall and stage combos, please?

any suggestions, videos or command lists?

Here is a match with the best Jin player in the world against once of the best Kazuya players in the world. Hopefully you can get an idea of everything from watching these guys play.

If not, there's always the Prima Guide.

EDIT: Thanks below :D

CSX

Hi, need help with Jin and Kazuya tag, wall and stage combos, please?

any suggestions, videos or command lists?

Im going to assume you know the standard combos for both of them and by tag combos you mean tag assault combos.

Regular tag combos are easy for the pair. Just do Kaz's ewgf, devil kaz's twin pistons, or Jin's cd1 as the tag bufferable launchable and then do a staple combo with the other character.

Tag assault combos.

(Kaz) launcher ; 314 ; db2~5 ;(Jin) b3~f,1+2 (Kaz) cd3 <--- staple. amazing wallcarry

(Jin) launcher ; [bf21 OR b21] ; 13~3~5 ; (Kaz) [cd41 OR cd13] ; (Jin) [EWHF or b21 for wallcarry]

Tag assault wall combos

(Kaz) bound move on wall ~5 ; (Jin) bf212 ; (Kaz) [df321 or b3143]

(Jin) bound move thats NOT 123 ~5 ; (Kaz) b3143 ; Jin f4~f (puts jin in stance and sets you up for oki)

If you wanna be korean this is the best tag assault wall combo. Gotta have Devil Kaz.

(Kaz) one hit bound move ~5 ; (Jin) b4~f then cancel stance. forgot how at the moment ; db223 ; (Kaz) cd1~uf

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So all that stuff is from ranked? I don't play rank in any fighter. Straight to player matches for me.

I'm done with streaming for tonight. Going to try and unlock some more stuff or at least one. Still haven't unlocked anything noteworthy.

Sayah

So all that stuff is from ranked? I don't play rank in any fighter. Straight to player matches for me.

I'm done with streaming for tonight. Going to try and unlock some more stuff or at least one. Still haven't unlocked anything noteworthy.

You don't have to play ranked matches to change it. I don't recall exactly but the option to change it is somewhere in the online settings or maybe in the profile settings.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
LOL Twitch actually changed the title of my stream. Had to change it back.

Stream data.

MlLzG.png

Im going to assume you know the standard combos for both of them and by tag combos you mean tag assault combos.

Regular tag combos are easy for the pair. Just do Kaz's ewgf, devil kaz's twin pistons, or Jin's cd1 as the tag bufferable launchable and then do a staple combo with the other character.

Tag assault combos.

(Kaz) launcher ; 314 ; db2~5 ;(Jin) b3~f,1+2 (Kaz) cd3 <--- staple. amazing wallcarry

(Jin) launcher ; [bf21 OR b21] ; 13~3~5 ; (Kaz) [cd41 OR cd13] ; (Jin) [EWHF or b21 for wallcarry]

Tag assault wall combos

(Kaz) bound move on wall ~5 ; (Jin) bf212 ; (Kaz) [df321 or b3143]

(Jin) bound move thats NOT 123 ~5 ; (Kaz) b3143 ; Jin f4~f (puts jin in stance and sets you up for oki)

If you wanna be korean this is the best tag assault wall combo. Gotta have Devil Kaz.

(Kaz) one hit bound move ~5 ; (Jin) b4~f then cancel stance. forgot how at the moment ; db223 ; (Kaz) cd1~uf

wow thanks, I think i have long way to go.

Ferrio

Banned
Ugh I can't remember a fighting game pissing me off so much. Just getting hit by stupid ass stuff cause I don't even know it exists.

You can just do one ranked fight with your main team.

Dereck

What bothers me the most about online play is how I do a move that I clearly was not intending to do. Most of the time that happens because my hands are so sweaty, that one of my fingers slightly misses a button I intended to press and I get punished for it.

What bothers me the most about online play is how I do a move that I clearly was not intending to do. Most of the time that happens because my hands are so sweaty, that one of my fingers slightly misses a button I intended to press and I get punished for it.

Haha I know that. :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
After 130+ matches, I finally got some stuff.

Kazuya isn't exactly easy to use to get the most of but I have to make Team BFGC work.

I never preordered so I guess I have to wait for the DLC stuff.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey, check msgs.

Also!

Hi everyone. At TGS we had a special TTT2 Talk Show event with myself and Harada-san. Followed by an awesome exhibition/kumite featuring players such as FRB AO, Yuu, Nobi and more.

Dude, there was this cute girl in a pink MCZ shirt who could wavedash/ewgf. It was so nice to see that lol.

Raonak

Banned
Wow. Just found the tekken channel option. Haven't heard much people talk about this, but you can watch endless amounts of online replays.

I love this. Just turn it on and just shows fight, after fight, after fight. It literally is like a Tekken tv channel.

this will probably be my most "played" tekken game to date

Doomshine

Wow. Just found the tekken channel option. Haven't heard much people talk about this, but you can watch endless amounts of online replays.

I love this. Just turn it on and just shows fight, after fight, after fight. It literally is like a Tekken tv channel.

this will probably be my most "played" tekken game to date

It's cool, but I'd like to be able to just look at a players license and watch their replays like in SCV and T6.

Esura

Banned
Thanks for the frame data for dummies guide.
Sorry for the late reply.

I didn't realize so many people found Arcade mode difficult. It didn't really get hard until I fought against the pink haired Jun who I swear to god was reading my inputs and just low parried and countered everything.

I got the game yesterday for the PS3, I'm pretty fresh to Tekken so I'd like to have some other online folks to train with

PSN: Yoko337, US-East (added myself to the spreadsheet already) [also wish I pre-ordered, that Snoop Lion stage, man]

McNum

Good call.

It's not so much that Jun and Unknown are that hard, even if they can wreck you pretty fast, it's that "Easy" is mislabeled. Easy is easy until you hit the bosses, then there's a sharp turn in difficulty. I'd almost think that the final bosses just run on the same difficulty no matter what you set it to, their combo ability is vastly better than the rest of Arcade Mode put together.

Let Easy be easy, I say.

Yeah, the hard part about Jun/Unknown is that you throw out one unsafe thing and that's 70% of your life gone due to an insane combo. Considering that most people playing the game don't know shit about it and just wanna mash buttons, it's a tough lesson.

I'm kinda interested in knowing if these "Arcade Mode is hard" folk have played Tekken online at all.

I guess those folks mean the last battle, I thought it was pretty difficult aswel, but then I practiced and practiced and did some online battles and became Tekken Lord offline. Morale of the story: practice makes perfect.

Dereck

Yeah, the hard part about Jun/Unknown is that you throw out one unsafe thing and that's 70% of your life gone due to an insane combo. Considering that most people playing the game don't know shit about it and just wanna mash buttons, it's a tough lesson.
People also ignored Tekken 4, 5, and 6 and bought TTT2 based on hype and got their balls busted for being rash.

Top Bottom