• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Degen

It's messed up how much better Bryan does when you get rid of your sportsmanship and d/f+3 at every good opportunity

I really didn't want to be one of those Bryans but throwing out mixups/punishes and then sweeping into a no-effort juggle is guaranteed to bring a good percentage of players to a "switch out or get KO'd" situation. You'd think the move was a lot faster than it really is

Mileena

Banned
It's messed up how much better Bryan does when you get rid of your sportsmanship and d/f+3 at every good opportunity

I really didn't want to be one of those Bryans but throwing out mixups/punishes and then sweeping into a no-effort juggle is guaranteed to bring a good percentage of players to a "switch out or get KO'd" situation. You'd think the move was a lot faster than it really is
Until you play someone good who blocks it every time and launch punishes you.

Skilletor

lol, please do that to me so that I can block it and punish you for 50%. :)

It's not your fault your opponent can't block a slow low.

I love it when Bryans do that. Though, lag can make that move annoying.

zlatko

Banned
Ugh, the boss is cheap as hell. Guess ill stick to online only. So fed up with shitty bosses in fighting games

Just find some shit to abuse against them. They don't exactly play fair against you to begin with.

In TTT2 it's literally just block a string, do a quick punish, and repeat till dead.

In SF4 I can beat Seth on the hardest by just knocking him down once, standing a few feet away to do a whiffed jab, so he does a wake up DP or spin kick so I can sweep him again until I win.

Just bring the cheap stuff. Now KoF on the other hand has bosses from Satan's digitial asshole of fuck hard.

Sayah

Ugh, the boss is cheap as hell. Guess ill stick to online only. So fed up with shitty bosses in fighting games

It would be better for you to focus on practice mode if you are having trouble beating the boss. Online is going to be even more ruthless. Practice practice practice......practice.

Practice.

Sayah

Somebody actually tried to decipher the lyrics for Your Sunset/Customization Theme.

OOOOOOOH, you're fine, you're alive, you're alive, you're fine, cut the line, you're right, you're the winner, fight for your right, you're alive, cut the rag, you're the winner, beat your last man

Remember to fight

You fell, you're the winner, you're the gold... hero, you're alone, in my way, hero or fight for your right, come on, you're the winner, come with me or face your own self

Remember to fight, to fight, to fight, to fight, to fight, to fight, to fight, to fight, to fight, to fiiight.

Remember to fight, to fight, to fight, to fight, to fight, to fight, to fight, to fight, to fight, to fiiight.

Usually I get sick of listening to a soundtrack after playing it for so long but this theme is just too addictive.

Also, any idea of when we'll get the DLC tunes from past Tekken games? Haven't done much with Tekken Tunes aside from change 3 or so tracks. Waiting on that stuff to be available.

kingmozo9

Banned
i was maining Brian Fury and Forest LAW,
now i wanna play as KAZUYA and JUN... anyone know any good strategies with them both?

EDIT: want to claim this aswell if no one minds
ibkmLAGJ7M9Mhn.png

Sayah

now i wanna play as KAZUYA and JUN... anyone know any good strategies with them both?

Haven't played either one very extensively.
But Kazuya can transform into Devil if you didn't already know. Input: u/b+1+2.

GrayFoxPL

Haven't played either one very extensively.
But Kazuya can transform into Devil if you didn't already know. Input: u/b+1+2.

Something I've seen so rarely online(once) that I forgot it existed. When That one time it happened I was like: "Woah! ...oh that's right."

CSX

EDIT: want to claim this aswell if no one minds
ibkmLAGJ7M9Mhn.png

Kazuya and Jun both have great tag bufferable launches. For Kaz you got EWGF and df1,2 for devil kaz. Jun has glorious f2. All three launch to decent heights to allow you to do full combos.

For tag assault non wallcombos

Kazuya doesnt have much options for fillers and finishers when it comes to tag assaults. For fillers, he pretty much has hellsweep or cd13. For Devil Kaz, he can use air laser. If you get an early bound, you can land his 1243.

He only has one good finisher and its amazing...cd3. Lots of damage and gives amazing wallcarry.
Devil Kaz has cd13~uf but thats a pain to land. Stick to glorious cd3.

For Jun, she has a filler that is basically transitioning to her stance and landing 5 hits. Thats only for an early bound. I havent played her enough to find out the notation though :p

I use only two of her moves as filler, ff23 (sends them flying) and uf44 (keeps them close and grounded).

Her finisher is pretty much her WR3.

Some sample TA combos

Nonwall

(Kaz) ewgf ; 314 ; db2~5 (Jun)ff23 (Kaz) cd3

(Jun) uf44~5 (Kaz)cd41 (Jun) b22 ; f1+2 1+2

On wall

(Kaz) bound+5 (Jun) df22 (Kaz) df321

(Jun) bound+5 (Kaz) df321 (Jun) df22

Probably not the best you can do but thats what i found out with them so far :)

Degen

man, I shouldn't have overlooked AK for so long. a few ranked matches in, I think he's already ten times better than my stupid-ass Bryan

#TeamJaguars

Horseress

Kinda off topic, but Snoop Dogg is doing advertisiment for FIFA 13 as well! He's esports now! And that makes total sense, since he claims he played Tekken in the 80's...he must be really important in the game industry

DR2K

Banned
Kinda off topic, but Snoop Dogg is doing advertisiment for FIFA 13 as well! He's esports now! And that makes total sense, since he claims he played Tekken in the 80's...he must be really important in the game industry

He used to be so relevant. Now he's video game advertisment.

vixlar

Well, Snoop Dog was the last boss in Deff Jam Fight for New York... and you can use it in True Crime streets of LA (From east coast to west coast, baby!)

Man I feel really bad when I beat these poor souls online. I'm not that good by any means but I'm destroying people left and right. Last thing I want is for alot of these new players to get beat badly and give up on the game. With WTF tracking even player match stats I get the feeling alot of people are going to look at their record and just say the hell with the game.

LTTP on the conversation about juggles/heavy peeps/mixups/etc.etc.

Just wanted to say that needing different juggles for heavier characters, is the OPPOSITE of depth.

alstein

LTTP on the conversation about juggles/heavy peeps/mixups/etc.etc.

Just wanted to say that needing different juggles for heavier characters, is the OPPOSITE of depth.

It's really depth-neutral. Combos are combos.

Depth comes mostly from the neutral and oki game in most fighters.

Ferrio

Banned
Doing Jaycee combos online might prove difficult....

Thought it was tough in optimal conditions, set the lag to 4 bars.. and ugh... especially iSW

like others have said, just block and do a punisher :D Unknown is one of the easiest bosses ever in a fighting game. No SNK bullshit here! :D

Seriously. Her juggles don't seem to be any more damaging than the rest of the cast. She has one cheap move that leaves you with 1 HP, but she only pulls it out once in a blue moon and it's easily avoidable.

Anyone who has trouble with Unknown shouldn't touch online with a ten foot pole.

Shouta

I jump kick with Leo to beat her. You can almost just do it over and over again if keep running up because she'll try to do something after getting up and get her face hit. Same strat will probably work with other characters.

Nyx

I need more Kunimitsu Tag Assaults...

The only one I can do consistently is:

D/F,2 > D/F,1,2 (tag)

And the tag partner only gets 1 hit in this way before leaving the fight.

I feel like I'm playing an rpg. All this grinding.

240 wins 0 losses, 60 straight. I think 18 or 19th Dan. All for the sake of unlocking stuff. And I think I barely unlocked anything. Would take 5000+ matches at this point to unlock everything.

EWGF is so damn hard to do. At least I got the regular version down.

3qufd.png

played 650 matches and I unlocked everything reached (true tekken god) dan 100 (which is dan 33) . TTT2 is easier than T6 in unlocking the items.

Indeed. Was more after a comparison between 360 and the ps3 version.

Fighting games normally have a much more active community on PS3, but I think the X360 Tekken community should be around for a while. They played Tekken 6 for a while, so I would imagine that they will play this for a while.

anyone know how to unlock the costume in my avatar? how can my favorite fighter not be in his trademark fight garb??? someone please give me good news and tell me its possible somehow. his default 2 costumes suck hard and I'm embarrassed to even use him.

Linked my account to WTF and noticed it automatically shows the games I already played (lost both of them - though not as terribly as I expected in advance, coming in practically cold - and I suck anyway, never ever bothered to learn to juggle, don't know any of the tag combos).

Deps

There were still a lot of people playing xbox Tekken 6 years after release and up until Tag 2. Tag 2 community should be good.

zlatko

Banned
WTF seems to be slightly corrected. Just saw I'm back on top for team points and is showing my team properly.

I've also almost dug myself out of a - w/l ratio. Been a fair amount of grinding to find a team I'm comfortable with, but Hei/Bob is where it's at for me.

5K points away from level 4! Wooh go GAF 360 team! :D

Sayah

I was playing Forest/Eddy vs Bob/Not sure

Probably shoulda ducked lol, totally forgot about that mechanic..

Eddy has a low stance btw.

anyone know how to unlock the costume in my avatar? how can my favorite fighter not be in his trademark fight garb??? someone please give me good news and tell me its possible somehow. his default 2 costumes suck hard and I'm embarrassed to even use him.

I believe you have to unlock it. Play ghost battles with Hwoarang until you do.

Snoop Dogg is terrible. lol.

He is on ESPN this morning. I refuse to watch now. I hope he pimps/shouts out TTT2 somehow though, otherwise, worthless, hehe.

Top Bottom