• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

DR2K

Banned
Incredibly annoying, but this worked. I will probably wait for the patch before starting over. *sighs*

You probably turned it off while it was saving. I've almost done it a few times, the save indicator is pretty easy to not notice.

Westlo

DEATH™;42473619 said:
The same way some people wanted everything to go back to T3 mechanics again (aka dumb down the game like 3S--->SF4)

More like T3 is SF2Turbo and this is 3S... take that comment as you want. If they dumb down T7 to try and recapture the T3 fanbase (instead of appealing to hardcore south east asian arcade players) that would be the "SFIV".

I haven't posted in here in awhile, but I thought this was kinda funny while I was looking through my Player Card:

rgoKN.png

I wasn't aware that Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was out on the PlayStation 3 in 1970. Hah.

Pretty sure it's like this on everyone's page.

Sgblues

I haven't posted in here in awhile, but I thought this was kinda funny while I was looking through my Player Card:

I wasn't aware that Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was out on the PlayStation 3 in 1970. Hah.

Pretty sure it's like this on everyone's page.

Wait....then that means when Snoop said he's been playing Tekken since the 80's.....he was actually right?????

I feel like I'm playing an rpg. All this grinding.

240 wins 0 losses, 60 straight. I think 18 or 19th Dan. All for the sake of unlocking stuff. And I think I barely unlocked anything. Would take 5000+ matches at this point to unlock everything.

EWGF is so damn hard to do. At least I got the regular version down.

3qufd.png

60 straight. Nice. I thought my 30 something was impressive. yes, put it it on 1 round. Helps cut down time significantly.

How do you keep tag team combos going? I can do them, but I cannot seem to switch in characters consecutively to keep the combo going. I tag and the other characters get a few hits in and jumps away and then my original character finishes up. Any advice lol.

Ferrio

Banned
How do you keep tag team combos going? I can do them, but I cannot seem to switch in characters consecutively to keep the combo going. I tag and the other characters get a few hits in and jumps away and then my original character finishes up. Any advice lol.

You can only tag assault once per combo.

Sayah

For me it's TTT2 > TTT > T3

Does anybody know where to change the hit effects?
Thought I read here that it was possible, and I would like the ''WHAM'' etc effect all the time.

You change the hit effects under customization. You have to unlock them first, though. I have about 3 different comic hit effects unlocked right now.

Sayah

You can switch back and forth with launchers. For example, basic combo with Nina/Anna with constant switching.

With Nina: d/b+3+4, tag button
With Anna: d+3, 2, tag button
With Nina: 1+4, tag button
With Anna: qcf+2,1.
With Nina: move forward, qcf+2.

Although, you can dish out more damage with:

With Anna: d/f+3,2, d/f, 1, f+3, 2, tag button.
With Nina: f+4,3,3
With Anna: f,f+1+2

DEATH™

I would probably side with DR2K if I was actually good in DR. There can be ridiculously long juggle sequences thanks to bounds and tag assaults now. I can do iSW now thanks to bound and tag assaults, but I liked the difficulty that was present in DR when it came to juggling. Juggling is just much easier now, and I felt like it actually took skill to do lengthy juggles in DR.

What DR2K is saying is because of bound, it makes it harder to do juggles because it "complicates" things, which it isn't. You summed it up why bound is good for beginners, it makes things easier. iSW and df+1 air GS are easier with bound, Marduk VTS cancels are a thing in a past now, Steve's DCK~cancel gets buffed, etc. Bound also makes it easier to do panic combos when you didn't expect to get a launch. It's like having a nail gun over the hammer, it makes everything easier, just gotta know how the nail gun works.

Aside from that, long juggles should not be a problem... It's aesthetically pleasing to the audience, it's fun to do for the combo-maker, and gives extra dose of salt to the receiving end :) . It's better than long combos in UMVC3 (which sometimes are actual infinites) and SF4 supers (where you both just stare to the screen waiting for it to finish).

More like T3 is SF2Turbo and this is 3S... take that comment as you want. If they dumb down T7 to try and recapture the T3 fanbase (instead of appealing to hardcore south east asian arcade players) that would be the "SFIV".

Not only SE Asian, but the whole Tekken touney-going community. This game is perfect as it is.

Uhh... I don't completely get the question, you asking for an infinite? :p
Also, I think you're talking about tag assaults. Yeah you're right, you can only do one move/string in a tag-assault, though it will help if you have a stance character (like Steve) who can transition to PAB or FLK before their string enders.

DR2K

Banned
DEATH™;42480602 said:
What DR2K is saying is because of bound, it makes it harder to do juggles because it "complicates" things, which it isn't. You summed it up why bound is good for beginners, it makes things easier. iSW and df+1 air GS are easier with bound, Marduk VTS cancels are a thing in a past now, Steve's DCK~cancel gets buffed, etc. Bound also makes it easier to do panic combos when you didn't expect to get a launch. It's like having a nail gun over the hammer, it makes everything easier, just gotta know how the nail gun works.

The hard part is learning extended combos. It's an incredibly frustrating thing for a new players. More button combonations = more work. It's like giving a nail gun to a toddler and seeing what sticks to the wall(hopefully not the toddler). It seems like with every Tekken release it keeps trying to find more ways to alienate new players.

How is the Tekken Tag 2 guide?

Tekken combos are long, but for most characters they're not actually difficult. For most BnBs, timing isn't even required or particularly strict, I can straight up mash through Alisa's combos.

DEATH™

The hard part is learning extended combos. It's an incredibly frustrating thing for a new players. More button combonations = more work. It's like giving a nail gun to a toddler and seeing what sticks to the wall(hopefully not the toddler). It seems like with every Tekken release it keeps trying to find more ways to alienate new players.

How is the Tekken Tag 2 guide?

I tell you what you think is hard right now, it's nothing compared to what people do in DR days.
More combo combinations? It's not a problem bro. A more mainstream game called UMVC3 got longer parts than that, with 3 ground bounces (which is basically the same as T6 B!), assists, hyper combos and such. And you know what? People enjoyed it...

The system isn't the problem, the player's mindsets are. If you think it's hard, it's gonna be hard. Don't get intimidated because other people say it's hard. Enjoy the game, learn things one at a time, and don't be afraid to explore...

I still can't do tag assaults. :/

Just buffer ~5 at the bound move. Fight Lab Really did help. You buffer ~5 the same way you buffer the tag launcher...

You can switch back and forth with launchers. For example, basic combo with Nina/Anna with constant switching.

With Anna: d+3, 2, tag button
With Nina: 1+4, tag button
With Anna: qcf+2,1.
With Nina: move forward, qcf+2.

Although, you can dish out more damage with:

With Anna: d/f+3,2, d/f, 1, f+3, 2, tag button.
With Nina: f+4,3,3
With Anna: f,f+1+2

Thanks for the info. I will try that out. You sound like a Nina/Anna expert. :p

DEATH™;42480602 said:
Uhh... I don't completely get the question, you asking for an infinite? :p
Also, I think you're talking about tag assaults. Yeah you're right, you can only do one move/string in a tag-assault, though it will help if you have a stance character (like Steve) who can transition to PAB or FLK before their string enders.

I think it is tag assaults. I wouldn't mind an infinite lol. Basically just asking how I can keep the tag combos going pass 1 tag in assist/attack from my partner. I've seen players switch in approximately 3 to 4 times with tag combinations for significant damage. When they tag in, they can perform multiple hits or a combo with the partner and then switch back over to the original character to finish the combo. If I perform multiple hits with the partner I tagged in, they end up taking the place of the character after about 3 hits. I think Sayah shed some light on my question also, so I will try some combinations out to see if I can get that to work. Thanks for the info.

DR2K

Banned
DEATH™;42481187 said:
I tell you what you think is hard right now, it's nothing compared to what people do in DR days.
More combo combinations? It's not a problem bro. A more mainstream game called UMVC3 got longer parts than that, with 3 OTGs (which is basically bound!) assists, hyper combos and such. And you know what? People enjoyed it...

The system isn't the problem, the player's mindsets are. If you think it's hard, it's gonna be hard. Don't get intimidated because other people say it's hard. Enjoy the game, learn things one at a time, and don't be afraid to explore...

Just buffer ~5 at the bound move. Fight Lab Really did help. You buffer ~5 the same way you buffer the tag launcher...

Find assists in Tekken as brain dead as Hidden Missles and a character that can hold up back and never really participate up close and the ability to become god tier for 15 seconds and more people would probably love TTT2 as much.

How do you learn character specific tag throws/combos? Relationships for rage? How to properly use bound? Why some launchers allow a tag exchange and others don't? The wake up system, how to beat it, EWFGHIJLKMN0P and how to move properly, etc. . . so much is completely omitted from the actual game and it just adds to the frustration a new player would face.

danmaku

I think it is tag assaults. I wouldn't mind an infinite lol. Basically just asking how I can keep the tag combos going pass 1 tag in assist/attack from my partner. I've seen players switch in approximately 3 to 4 times with tag combinations for significant damage. When they tag in, they can perform multiple hits or a combo with the partner and then switch back over to the original character to finish the combo. If I perform multiple hits with the partner I tagged in, they end up taking the place of the character after about 3 hits. I think Sayah shed some light on my question also, so I will try some combinations out to see if I can get that to work. Thanks for the info.

Tag Assault (when your partner comes in after the bound) can only be done once, but I think there's no limitation if you switch characters after a launcher.

Doomshine

is Zafina hard to learn? I'm a 2D player so stances are odd for me

I don't think she is as complicated as the other stance heavy characters.

Scarecrow stance is probably going to give you most trouble since it's the easiest to accidentally end up in, learn which moves end in Scarecrow so you can anticipate it or cancel. Hold back to not go into the stance. You rarely want to be in Scarecrow in the open anyway, it's best used at the wall for pressure.

Ferrio

Banned
Starting to think Kuni isn't all that great. She really lacks decent mixups IMO. The lows she does have aren't that good, and she has very few natural strings.

edit: I do think she has some great stuff, but there's really not much need to worry about her lows besides her easy to see d/f+3, 2.

zlatko

Banned
So wtf happened to the Xbox Live team we have going? I went to see my contribution, and it no longer shows the points I helped accumulate for us. It's at 0. Does it reset every week or something? I had well over 1,000. :(

Luckily it now shows my true team: Heiachi/Bob. SO glad I tried that old man out, fuck he is a beast!

I've got another question for Xiaoyu users. I'm trying to learn combos from the guide now, and there's one I can't seem to finish. I'll try and use the proper notations...?

AOP uf + 3, 1 [B!] AOP f 3 +4, WS + 2 RDS 2,2,1 ff 1+2

Oh man I hope that's right. Just in case, the RDS 2,2, 1 (Turn of Fortune?) to X Marks the Spot is what I'm having a problem with. Am I supposed to buffer X Marks the Spot? Because it feels like the dummy gets up after I finish with Turn of Fortune. Or maybe I'm just too slow?

vocab

It's not?

I've had perfect matches so far. Definately SCV quality.

It's based on the same code.

The only thing they need to fix with the online is the wait time between matches (Ya, i'm pretty sure that's not intended for waits to be that long), and the uploading data speed at the end of the match.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So wtf happened to the Xbox Live team we have going? I went to see my contribution, and it no longer shows the points I helped accumulate for us. It's at 0. Does it reset every week or something? I had well over 1,000. :(

Luckily it now shows my true team: Heiachi/Bob. SO glad I tried that old man out, fuck he is a beast!

Just logged in to look and it seems to have zeroed the team XP record for like half the members @_@ From the main team page at least.

WTF indeed?

Sayah

It's based on the same code.

The only thing they need to fix with the online is the wait time between matches (Ya, i'm pretty sure that's not intended for waits to be that long), and the uploading data speed at the end of the match.

The uploading probably takes longer time b/c it's also updating the data instantly on the WTF site as well.

Top Bottom