• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

FroJay

Banned
wooo jumped in the deep end of the pool after fighting some ghost battles. fought and won my first ranked match against some dude that was 0-4.

he was only using one fighter though, instead of a tag team?? should that be happening? if he had a full team I would definitely have lost.

I think people can elect to fight 1 on 2 if they want to, but I don't think you fight 1 on 1. I also thought if a player only uses 1 fighter that the fighter they choose will have increased health from what they would normally have? So he was at a disadvantage, but a wins a win! ;)

What's a good MO for tagging? I usually tag when whoever I'm using falls below 50% health and I'm on the defensive. My main team is Jaycee/Lee and I know a couple launchers but I generally forget to tag combo during them so I just use the default tag button which is pretty clunky. I've gotten pretty miffed at the high-ranked Ganryus in Ghost Battle when they trap me as I'm trying to tag out.

Sayah

I think people can elect to fight 1 on 2 if they want to, but I don't think you fight 1 on 1. I also thought if a player only uses 1 fighter that the fighter they choose will have increased health from what they would normally have? So he was at a disadvantage, but a wins a win! ;)

You can do 1vs1 as well.

vocab

I guess the uploading data thing at the end of the match takes a bit longer on PS3. O well. I'm really happy that it looks leaps and bounds better than T6. Fun game, I just suck really bad right now.

Well now I don't feel as bad if the health bit is true. I've fought some 1 vs 2 fights in ghost battle that seemed much harder than the standard tag fights, so maybe that's why

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Starting to really have fun with the game now.

It seems sometimes the gold panels don't give you anything. Regardless I didn't unlock any items. Everything I unlocked was either an ending model, character select art, aura, fight intro or whatever. I have yet to unlock stuff like nerf bats and whips. Or different costume stuff.

Came across ghosts of people I know. :)

Ran into a funny death animation. After I killed some Steve with wings, two cherubs came out of him while he rose to heaven. It was pretty funny.

I still have a long ways to go before I consider myself average. Have to maximize my knockdown offense, tag combos and get do better with things like movement and blocking.

Team Fighting Games' best couple!

Will run a stream once people leave. I have people over playing games and watching stuff.

CSX

Starting to really have fun with the game now.

It seems sometimes the gold panels don't give you anything. Regardless I didn't unlock any items. Everything I unlocked was either an ending model, character select art, aura, fight intro or whatever. I have yet to unlock stuff like nerf bats and whips. Or different costume stuff.

Came across ghosts of people I know. :)

Ran into a funny death animation. After I killed some Steve with wings, two cherubs came out of him while he rose to heaven. It was pretty funny.

I still have a long ways to go before I consider myself average. Have to maximize my knockdown offense, tag combos and get do better with things like movement and blocking.

Team Fighting Games' best couple!

Will run a stream once people leave. I have people over playing games and watching stuff.

Whats your main team or you are still messing around with multiple characters?

vocab

I have no idea who I want to play. Is there like a tier list of easy to learn to hard to learn characters? I thought I wanted to play Forest, but man I don't think I can. Sucks I dont have access to kunimitsu.

CSX

I have no idea who I want to play. Is there like a tier list of easy to learn to hard to learn characters? I thought I wanted to play Forest, but man I don't think I can.

Forrest is the easy man's Marshall law. He has none of the stuff me and boutdown are unable to master (fukking DSS)

I consider him easy to play. The only hard part for a newcomer is understanding the differences between holding a direction and pressing a direction for some of his attacks. For example uf3,4 is a jump kick to flip which is used in tag assault combos. However if you press the diagonal too hard (UF), you will get his fake flip to launch kick which is not what you want to use often.

Same thing applies between doing a flip or a hopkick (uf4 vs UF4)

Outside of that, his combo damage is ridculous and his bound moves pretty much always connect due to long ass range (b22 and ff43)

vocab

Forrest is the easy man's Marshall law. He has none of the stuff me and boutdown are unable to master (fukking DSS)

I consider him easy to play. The only hard part for a newcomer is understanding the differences between holding a direction and pressing a direction for some of his attacks. For example uf3,4 is a jump kick to flip which is used in tag assault combos. However if you press the diagonal too hard (UF), you will get his fake flip to launch kick which is not what you want to use often.

Same thing applies between doing a flip or a hopkick (uf4 vs UF4)

Outside of that, his combo damage is ridculous and his bound moves pretty much always connect due to long ass range (b22 and ff43)

I can't even do his ff43 into 434. That shit just misses or doesn't come out in time or I get another ff43 which sucks because neutral in Tekken is so important. I know hes simple, I just am not really comfortable playing him.

CSX

I can't even do his ff43 into 434. That shit just misses or doesn't come out in time. I know hes simple, I just am not really comfortable playing him.

dont do ff43 into 434. Even Rip misses that shit. do b22 instead cuz the recovery is a lot faster

CSX

What would be an easy combo with b22 that does damage?

b22 into 434

Some people try to do dash in, neutral, and then 434 after the b22.

Rip just walks forward for a bit and then 434 and it works everytime.

If you have a big trouble of 434 regardless of which bound move you use, then stick to ff213 after bound

ff213 is weaker than 434 but its easier to land and has the potential to give you a wall splat.

I've been playing this for awhile now and have yet to see Bryan's face smashing win-pose. Has it been removed?

I believe all of the win poses involving the losing opponent are not in this game. Haven't seen Hwoarong's win post where he sits on his opponent either.

alstein

There's an argument right now whether 1 fighter is superior to 2.

Some places are looking at banning solo entries.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just had a fighting game hate mail first- I play some random guy in quick battle. He's pretty awful at first and I win two rounds just hitting him with low attacks. Then he learns to block and ends up winning.

This is followed by some stupid, obscenity-filled hate mail and I end up responding to him with the classic SF2 movie "what was the greatest moment of your life was just Saturday for me" line and block him.

Then I run into the guy in quick battle again. This time he plugs in a mic and spends the entire match angrily repeating his hate mail and saying "just Saturday for you, HUH?!?!?" over and over again. He calls me a spammer. I have Alisa and spend the match obliging him, just doing a few basic moves, listening to the hate on the other end get louder. Wish I could have recorded the audio. I lost it when he started running into Alisa's missile arm attack multiple times, LOL.

Just had a fighting game hate mail first- I play some random guy in quick battle. He's pretty awful at first and I win two rounds just hitting him with low attacks. Then he learns to block and ends up winning.

This is followed by some stupid, obscenity-filled hate mail and I end up responding to him with the classic SF2 movie "what was the greatest moment of your life was just Saturday for me" line and block him.

Then I run into the guy in quick battle again. This time he plugs in a mic and spends the entire match angrily repeating his hate mail and saying "just Saturday for you, HUH?!?!?" over and over again. This time I have Alisa and spend the match just doing a few basic moves, listening to the hate on the other end get louder. Wish I could have recorded the audio, LOL.

"But for me, it was Tuesday."

DEATH™

There's an argument right now whether 1 fighter is superior to 2.

Some places are looking at banning solo entries.

Actually, I'm kinda thinking too that solo is a bit unfair. Balanced, but unfair...

Solo's bonus damage doesn't come out from juggles (even a raged combo does the same as a one person in a team), but from pokes. The problem is, in general sense, pokes are safer than launchers, and to do significant damage to a solo player, the tag player should always risk himself doing tag launchers, which is more unsafe than pokes. Add the fact too that the one-character KO for tag, the tag player can't afford to do risk or eat a beefy punisher (even a 12f punish hurts). The fact too that tag assaults are discouraged most of the time, and the unsafe nature of tagging, it's an uphill battle for tag. Solo serves the purpose right now to help newbies play the game, but as a competitive option, it's too unfair...

Solo makes it a game of higher risk/higher reward for both sides. You have less room to screw up. The solo player has less room to mess up with only one health bar, even if it's a bit more health. The tag player has less room to mess up because the solo fighter does more damage. I think solo benefits people very good at defense, and tag benefits people very good at offense.

Top Bottom